#801 mquinnjr

mquinnjr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Joined 17-December 10

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

6-8 inches for Philly Wednesday to Thursday is latest. Not so bad, but when you consider the amount of snow on the ground already and the volume we've dealt with, it sucks

I hope this works out to be reverse juju, but this seems like one of those winters where we're getting snow into late March. It's literally just storm after storm, and I'm officially past my breaking point. Just miserable. 

Horrible schtick.

This is no schtick, this is my life.   :(

#802 Getinthemix

Getinthemix

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

East of Atlanta here. Everything is shutting down. Hell schools were cancelled earlier today for Tuesday and Wednesday. The plant I manage is down starting tomorrow afternoon until Thursday afternoon, knowing no one will show up any way. Crazy down here.

#803 Ramsay Hunt Experience

Ramsay Hunt Experience

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,637 posts
  • Joined 28-August 12

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

got weather alert text for the storm. looks like Wednesday night into Thursday morning for DC. I haven't been following the weather lately and by the looks of the thread, I am behind with the news. Has there been accumulation estimates yet?

As always they are having trouble pegging how much and where in the DC metro area. It does appear to be a major event. Washington Post:

This is a classic Miller A-type storm with the primary storm (surface low pressure center) tracking along the Gulf coast and then up the Atlantic coast. Many of today’s computer models (NAM, GFS, UKMET, and Canadian) all slam the city with heavy snow. Last night’s and today’s European model also forecast heavy precipitation but suggest snow will change to sleet and then rain after several inches of accumulation near the District.

This is one of those storms where small changes in the storm track can lead to huge differences in how much snow falls on the city. A track too far to the east would mean just light precipitation, whereas a track too far west would draw in milder air changing snow to mixed precipitation and rain.

Unfortunately, the models  differ enough on the track to make a definitive call on how much snow might accumulate over any specific place around the city almost impossible this early in the game. However, even the warmer westerly (more inland) track favored by the European model would still favor a whopper of a snowstorm for areas from Leesburg, Va. to Frederick, Md and points west.

Any way you slice it, this is shaping up to be a major storm with the snow probably starting Wednesday night before midnight in the southern suburbs and the wee hours of Thursday morning for locations north of the city. Rush hour Thursday morning could be a mess if the snowier models are correct.

That's my uncle.  I imagine he'll have updates on his Facebook before any more updates for the CWG, so I'll give an update when I see it.

#804 NajehHejan

NajehHejan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:09 AM

Worst winter in Philly I can remember in a while. Only good thing about this new storm coming Wed is if it starts early enough Wed pm like they think hopefully schools will get canceled before bedtime so there's more time to plan. Ugh.

#805 NajehHejan

NajehHejan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

Worst winter in Philly I can remember in a while. Only good thing about this new storm coming Wed is if it starts early enough Wed pm like they think hopefully schools will get canceled before bedtime so there's more time to plan. Ugh.

#806 NajehHejan

NajehHejan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08

#807 NajehHejan

NajehHejan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08

#808 NajehHejan

NajehHejan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08

#809 Long Ball Larry

Long Ball Larry

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,319 posts
  • Joined 29-November 07

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:58 AM

you can say that 5 times.

As most are aware, I'm as dumb as a doorknob. 

#810 fred_1_15301

fred_1_15301

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,739 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03
  • Interests:sports, long walks on the beach, kicking ### in poker

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:05 AM

I don't understand what you're trying to say...............:confused:

:shrug:

#811 shadyridr

shadyridr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40,842 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:20 AM

I wonder has it been a bad winter in philly?
Only morons read signatures

#812 SteevieG

SteevieG

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Joined 06-August 08

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:37 AM

East of Atlanta here. Everything is shutting down. Hell schools were cancelled earlier today for Tuesday and Wednesday. The plant I manage is down starting tomorrow afternoon until Thursday afternoon, knowing no one will show up any way. Crazy down here.

I'm at work today just south of the airport, but there is very little chance I make it in tomorrow or Thursday if the ice is as bad as they say.

________________________________________________________________________________
"What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" - My Great Great Uncle W.C. Fields

#813 phrozen

phrozen

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,411 posts
  • Joined 02-September 04

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:54 AM

got weather alert text for the storm. looks like Wednesday night into Thursday morning for DC. I haven't been following the weather lately and by the looks of the thread, I am behind with the news. Has there been accumulation estimates yet?

As always they are having trouble pegging how much and where in the DC metro area. It does appear to be a major event. Washington Post:

This is a classic Miller A-type storm with the primary storm (surface low pressure center) tracking along the Gulf coast and then up the Atlantic coast. Many of today’s computer models (NAM, GFS, UKMET, and Canadian) all slam the city with heavy snow. Last night’s and today’s European model also forecast heavy precipitation but suggest snow will change to sleet and then rain after several inches of accumulation near the District.

This is one of those storms where small changes in the storm track can lead to huge differences in how much snow falls on the city. A track too far to the east would mean just light precipitation, whereas a track too far west would draw in milder air changing snow to mixed precipitation and rain.

Unfortunately, the models  differ enough on the track to make a definitive call on how much snow might accumulate over any specific place around the city almost impossible this early in the game. However, even the warmer westerly (more inland) track favored by the European model would still favor a whopper of a snowstorm for areas from Leesburg, Va. to Frederick, Md and points west.

Any way you slice it, this is shaping up to be a major storm with the snow probably starting Wednesday night before midnight in the southern suburbs and the wee hours of Thursday morning for locations north of the city. Rush hour Thursday morning could be a mess if the snowier models are correct.

That's my uncle.  I imagine he'll have updates on his Facebook before any more updates for the CWG, so I'll give an update when I see it.
awesome scoob would appreciate that. I'll have to tune into Topper today to hear the latest and see if he had any bread-o-meter predictions yet

Ron Paul's Farewell Speech 11-14-12

President of the Chris Yandek Fan Club

#814 BustedKnuckles

BustedKnuckles

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,887 posts
  • Joined 22-February 06

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:59 AM

Wait...can you repeat that please?

The Internets: Where there are no girls and men become children.

#815 GroveDiesel

GroveDiesel

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,960 posts
  • Joined 24-February 06

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:40 AM

Worst I can remember in a while.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. - John Adams

#816 The Commish

The Commish

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38,690 posts
  • Joined 19-May 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:45 AM

Here in SC (just outside Charlotte) the flurries are coming down....school still on though (as it should be).  The natives were raiding the grocery stores last night.  I get a kick out of the store raiding stuff, especially in this area.  Just about everyone owns a 4 x 4 around here.

Romans 14: 1-10

1 Peter 3:15-16

You play to win the Big Ten championship, and if you win it and go to the Rose Bowl and win it, then you've had a great season. If they choose to vote you number one, then you're the national champion. But a national champion is a mythical national champion, and I think you guys ought to know that. It's mythical." - Bo Schembechler

#817 Workhorse

Workhorse

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,412 posts
  • Joined 15-August 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:47 AM

Coming down like crazy in the suburbs North of Atlanta.   Calling for a half inch of ice into Thursday.

PRs:
Water For The World 5k - 4/30/11 - 21:29
Suwanee Day 10k, Suwanee, GA - 9/11/10 - 45:30
Snickers Half-Marathon, Albany GA - 3/5/11 - 1:38:42
Rock N Roll Savannah Marathon, Savannah GA - 11/5/11 - 3:26:42

#818 NCCommish

NCCommish

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 75,839 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:57 AM

Here in SC (just outside Charlotte) the flurries are coming down....school still on though (as it should be).  The natives were raiding the grocery stores last night.  I get a kick out of the store raiding stuff, especially in this area.  Just about everyone owns a 4 x 4 around here.

Not a bit of precip up here near the airport.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.

Thomas Jefferson

To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Woody Allen

#819 stbugs

stbugs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,410 posts
  • Joined 08-December 04

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:07 AM

Don't jinx it. I moved up my flight. We are packed in and about to make a move to the runway. It was snowing in the Weddington area when I left the house. It'll be fun getting back on Friday. The kids are already slated to come home at 10:30 today. My wife is going to kill me when I get back. I'm not even worried about my balls anymore.

I'll report back on Philly since that's my end point.

#820 jamny

jamny

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26,894 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:13 AM

I really don't even mind the snow and actually enjoy shoveling. It's good exercise.

I just don't have any more room to put the snow. Limited ground space to pile it up.

#821 Buddy Ball 2K3

Buddy Ball 2K3

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,672 posts
  • Joined 22-July 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:16 AM

93 & 96 had larger single snow falls, but I can't recall every having substantial snow storms this often for such a long period of time. 

What you've just said ... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul..

#822 MattFancy

MattFancy

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,214 posts
  • Joined 22-May 13

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:16 AM

I never understood the store raiding stuff. Are you really going to be stranded in your house that long that you need toilet paper, milk and bread? Usually around here in MD, the longest I remember being stuck inside and no power during a snow storm was like 2-3 days. If you wait until a snow storm to get the essentials, you probably should've gotten them a few days before.

#823 NCCommish

NCCommish

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 75,839 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:17 AM

Don't jinx it. I moved up my flight. We are packed in and about to make a move to the runway. It was snowing in the Weddington area when I left the house. It'll be fun getting back on Friday. The kids are already slated to come home at 10:30 today. My wife is going to kill me when I get back. I'm not even worried about my balls anymore.

Well let us know if you need someone to do the post mortem internet clean up.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.

Thomas Jefferson

Woody Allen

#824 jamny

jamny

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26,894 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:29 AM

93 & 96 had larger single snow falls, but I can't recall every having substantial snow storms this often for such a long period of time. 

I remember one year in the mid to late 90's where it was much worse. We had a storm or two every week, with a bad ice storm thrown in. One big wallop at the end that actually got me really nervous about where I was going to put the snow. There was some warmer weather throughout though. This cold weather in between isn't helping.

#825 The Commish

The Commish

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38,690 posts
  • Joined 19-May 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:32 AM

Guess I'm right on the line :D  BRING IT ON!!!!

You play to win the Big Ten championship, and if you win it and go to the Rose Bowl and win it, then you've had a great season. If they choose to vote you number one, then you're the national champion. But a national champion is a mythical national champion, and I think you guys ought to know that. It's mythical." - Bo Schembechler

#826 NCCommish

NCCommish

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 75,839 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:55 AM

It's coming down up here now.

Thomas Jefferson

Woody Allen

#827 belljr

belljr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29,468 posts
  • Joined 15-June 05

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:12 AM

is hartsy still tapping sheena

I bow to the awesomeness of Josie

#828 The Commish

The Commish

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38,690 posts
  • Joined 19-May 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

It's my understanding that the "snow" today is not suppose to amount to much, but tonight and through the day tomorrow the accumulations begin.

#829 NCCommish

NCCommish

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 75,839 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:24 AM

It's my understanding that the "snow" today is not suppose to amount to much, but tonight and through the day tomorrow the accumulations begin.

Yeah this is more going to get the ground cold enough for what's coming. But they have changed the forecast. This part was supposed to end around lunch now they are saying it will last into the commute tonight.

Thomas Jefferson

Woody Allen

#830 TheIronSheik

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24,297 posts
  • Joined 02-November 04

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:01 AM

6-8 inches for Philly Wednesday to Thursday is latest. Not so bad, but when you consider the amount of snow on the ground already and the volume we've dealt with, it sucks

I hope this works out to be reverse juju, but this seems like one of those winters where we're getting snow into late March. It's literally just storm after storm, and I'm officially past my breaking point. Just miserable. 

Again, this is a conservative estimate going off of the fact that 1 of the 4 models was not in total agreement yesterday.  It has since come aboard with the other 3.  This will be a 12+ inches snow storm for Philly and western suburbs.  More like in the 12 to 18 inches category, with 2 feet possible in some locations.

Kind regards,

Sheik

Phone: 877-643-4911

#831 Parrothead

Parrothead

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,419 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

Again, this is a conservative estimate going off of the fact that 1 of the 4 models was not in total agreement yesterday.  It has since come aboard with the other 3.  This will be a 12+ inches snow storm for Philly and western suburbs.  More like in the 12 to 18 inches category, with 2 feet possible in some locations.

you serious Clark?

In memory of Shining Path.. RIP...

#832 TheIronSheik

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24,297 posts
  • Joined 02-November 04

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:05 AM

you serious Clark?

I am serious.  

Kind regards,

Sheik

#833 stbugs

stbugs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,410 posts
  • Joined 08-December 04

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:07 AM

Well let us know if you need someone to do the post mortem internet clean up.
Will do. I got to Philly early, but based on the post above, it's going to be an interesting few days and attempt to get back Friday night.

#834 The Hank

The Hank

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,351 posts
  • Joined 03-September 05

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:07 AM

you serious Clark?

I am serious.  

and DONT call me Shirley

Become one of my loyal followers: Follow me @DGoverner for more random status alerts that mean nothing to you than YOU can handle!

In the shower this morning, I was wondering to myself what DHB's situation was

#835 Franknbeans

Franknbeans

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,511 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:cooking, percussing

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:12 AM

:ptts:

6 and it is not close.  Some of the broads are just a mess.  Looks like a fun group.   

@mgluteus

tumblr

#836 The Commish

The Commish

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38,690 posts
  • Joined 19-May 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:13 AM

Yeah this is more going to get the ground cold enough for what's coming. But they have changed the forecast. This part was supposed to end around lunch now they are saying it will last into the commute tonight.

We have stickage....schools closing at noon in Rock Hill

#837 Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65,719 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:#beefsparade #tournamentofhotdogs

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:15 AM

4 to 15 inches?

That's like going from Japanese pr0n to Rambone™

E il mio non le dice niente?

Helping disabled veterans: Wounded Warrior Project

#838 fantasycurse42

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,478 posts
  • Joined 24-October 08
  • Interests:Covering myself in Sex Panther - 60% of the time, it works every time.

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:24 AM

Continues to be the worst winter ever... It looks like NYC may escape with just a few inches (hopefully), but they're forecasting a foot of snow just 15 miles west of the city.

You drop Montana into the 2014 NFL, you got Curtis Painter is all I'm saying.

#839 Slapdash

Slapdash

Footballguy

• FBG Apps Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 16,564 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

We have stickage....schools closing at noon in Rock Hill

Coming down pretty heavy Uptown.

#840 Otis

Otis

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 51,394 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

Looks like NYC and Boston are going to luck out and miss this one for a change.  At least it looks like it's going out to sea south of us, and I don't see any big snowfall predicted in NY.  That right?

shuke loves werewolf but hates irony

BOOM

I AM the Internet

#841 Fat Nick

Fat Nick

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,471 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:Yes.

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

Continues to be the worst winter ever... It looks like NYC may escape with just a few inches (hopefully), but they're forecasting a foot of snow just 15 miles west of the city.

Great...

[50 miles west of the city]

#842 Fat Nick

Fat Nick

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,471 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:Yes.

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

Looks like NYC and Boston are going to luck out and miss this one for a change.  At least it looks like it's going out to sea south of us, and I don't see any big snowfall predicted in NY.  That right?

If you're talking about the one that is happening right now and hitting the NC/SC area, yes.  The storm that's due in tomorrow night...not so much.

#843 Mopap

Mopap

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,591 posts
  • Joined 03-April 04

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

you serious Clark?

I am serious.  

Guess I picked a good year to buy a snow blower.

#844 NCCommish

NCCommish

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 75,839 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

Well we just called it. Heading home. Be careful out there.

Thomas Jefferson

Woody Allen

#845 NajehHejan

NajehHejan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Joined 20-April 08

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

Ha ha no clue how that happened. Winter hasn't been THAT bad

#846 WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,960 posts
  • Joined 09-June 09

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:08 AM

I'm jealous.  My first year working here, I had 4 snow days.  Last 3 years?  Nada.

------------------------------------
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#847 TheIronSheik

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24,297 posts
  • Joined 02-November 04

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

I'm jealous.  My first year working here, I had 4 snow days.  Last 3 years?  Nada.

I had off all last week because of the two storms.  It was pretty sweet.  Expect to be off Thursday and Friday of this week.  When Spring rolls around, I'm not sure how I'm going to get used to coming into work 5 days a week.  

Kind regards,

Sheik

#848 Billy Bats

Billy Bats

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,948 posts
  • Joined 22-July 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

It's 60 degrees at the Winter Olympics. #### them and Bob's pink eyes.
Pittsburgh Tankers, what a proud franchise: "We got to the point, if we won one more game or two, Mario Lemeiux would've been in New Jersey. That's how close we were." The plan was hatched over a midseason lunch between him and E.J. "We didn't actually try to throw games. But, you know, we went in there with the understanding ... we weren't going to be upset if we lost." The old coach admits it all now. They tanked it.

#849 Warpig

Warpig

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,285 posts
  • Joined 17-April 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

Here in middle Indiana, the cold has been brutal and relentless.  We got about 14 inches of snow about 3 - 4 weeks ago, it melts some, then we get another storm that dumps 2 - 6 inches more seems every week.  But it's not melting anymore...just accumulating.  Temps haven't been out of the 20's for weeks...mostly single digits.  Woke up this morning and it was -17!  Before this winter I never had an electric bill (my house is totally electric) more than $300.  My electric bill from last month was $500!!  And I keep the thermostat at 66 or 65!  The week we had 14 inches of snow...the cancelled school for the whole week.  The kids have had atleast 1 day cancelled or delayed each week for the last few weeks.  I'm surprised they didn't delay this morning with as cold as it was.  I guess they figure as long as the roads are clear they are gonna have school since they are already so far behind.  I'm sooooo ready to move to Arizona or Texas! 

Edited by Warpig, 11 February 2014 - 09:36 AM.

#850 Godsbrother

Godsbrother

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20,956 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

I had off all last week because of the two storms.  It was pretty sweet.  Expect to be off Thursday and Friday of this week.  When Spring rolls around, I'm not sure how I'm going to get used to coming into work 5 days a week.  

Are you guys teachers or something?    I've been at my current job over 17 years and never once have we closed due to snow or cold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users