What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (4 Viewers)

Is thus where we talk about poop? A couple of weekends ago I had a particularly indulgent weekend of Guinness, steak and Jack Daniels. By Monday afternoon at work my poop was so black Al Jolson could have used it as face paint before breaking into "Hello Dolly.".

It was so bad that my google search at work will reurn "black poop death" if you type BL in.

Cooked a mean Talapia tonight. Brushed it with a mixture of melted butter and garlic, white whine, taragon, paprika and a heaping tabelspoon of Old Bay, then cooked it over charcoal for maybe 8 minutes. Fantastic. Turned out really nice. Boys and wife and I woofed it down with grilled corn, broccoli (sp?), french bread, fresh watermelon and baked rice. Mmmmmmmm.

Hoping my off-brand metamucil will mix with the mighty meal and combat the travel stomach blues from today/yesterday. Already looking forward to tomorrow.

Cooked a mean Talapia tonight. Brushed it with a mixture of melted butter and garlic, white whine, taragon, paprika and a heaping tabelspoon of Old Bay, then cooked it over charcoal for maybe 8 minutes. Fantastic. Turned out really nice. Boys and wife and I woofed it down with grilled corn, broccoli (sp?), french bread, fresh watermelon and baked rice. Mmmmmmmm.

Hoping my off-brand metamucil will mix with the mighty meal and combat the travel stomach blues from today/yesterday. Already looking forward to tomorrow.
:rant: Had great sec with my beautiful lady, walked the dog and now I'm pretty whacked-out.

:lmao:

Cooked a mean Talapia tonight. Brushed it with a mixture of melted butter and garlic, white whine, taragon, paprika and a heaping tabelspoon of Old Bay, then cooked it over charcoal for maybe 8 minutes. Fantastic. Turned out really nice.
Sounds nice. I always find Tilapia to be way too salty. I end up waking up in the middle of the night dying of thirst. I like a nice fresh slab of haddock with crabmeat stuffing. I have that once or twice a week.

Cooked a mean Talapia tonight. Brushed it with a mixture of melted butter and garlic, white whine, taragon, paprika and a heaping tabelspoon of Old Bay, then cooked it over charcoal for maybe 8 minutes. Fantastic. Turned out really nice.
Sounds nice. I always find Tilapia to be way too salty. I end up waking up in the middle of the night dying of thirst. I like a nice fresh slab of haddock with crabmeat stuffing. I have that once or twice a week.
Salty :goodposting: Tilapia is freshwater. Shouldn't really be salty. Not a fan of the fish myself. Tilapia was pushed heavily into the market a while back. I believe it comes from lakes and river in Africa. It's a type of perch. I've tried to cook it a few times and wasn't that pleased. Gimme some king salmon, halibut, or Chilean sea bass*.* Patagonia Toothfish

Bob Sacamano said:
McJose

Champion of:

Yeti Olympics

Jeopardy

Win Ben Stein's Money

Pooping

Karate

Friendship for Everyone
Updated.[/dayman]
I thought he was only the Champion of the sun?
Salty :thumbup: Tilapia is freshwater. Shouldn't really be salty. Not a fan of the fish myself. Tilapia was pushed heavily into the market a while back. I believe it comes from lakes and river in Africa. It's a type of perch. I've tried to cook it a few times and wasn't that pleased. Gimme some king salmon, halibut, or Chilean sea bass*.
Are they ill-tempered??[/DrEvil]

I quit dipping just over two weeks ago. As a result I have gone from an evening pooper to a first thing as soon as I get to work pooper. Can anyone explain this to me? I'm shuked.

Not a fan of tilapia either, but that sounds pretty good, GM. There was a dish I used to like (almost 20 years ago :unsure: ) at Ralph & Kakoo's called "Tilapia Atchafalaya," but considered it was covered in crawfish etouffee, I don't think it counts. That's like throwing a block of velveta on a sprig of broccolli and calling it a heart healthy meal.

Tilapia was on the market back then, but really took off when the Messicans figgered out how easy it was to grow it there. Tilapia grow year round there and at a breakneck pace. You can grow them here pretty easily as well, but in the fall, they start to get sluggish and start to die from the water temps. Before they die, they'll be swimming around near the surface for a couple of weeks like they have a weight tied to their tail and you can scoop them out of the water with a dip net. It's either that or spend a week or two no where near your bass pond while nature's clean-up crew takes care of the stench.

Didn't "they" come out with a study a couple of years ago that said that tilapia was actually worse for you than a cheeseburger?

And I'm not quite sure my butt is 100%. :rolleyes:
Even Wet Dream feels that's too easy of a setup
Well, he's got another 11 months to think of the perfect joke. No pressure.:thanksfatguy:
Seriously. Can a brother get his sexually ambiguous turned overtly homosexual alias back? I don't want to have to revert to posting as scoobygang.
Pretty sure scorchy was to blame for this. Guy posts in the FFA like once a month and still manages to #### things up.

I went to a fancy-schmancy wine tasting at the Capital Grille last night. Private room, we had a Master Sommelier (apparently there are only 175 of them in the world), the works.

I've just been informed by my BF that at one point, in front of a president of a local bank (with whom he was networking), I said, "I love this wine so much I want to take it home and have babies with it". :goodposting: :bag:

My parents eat a lot of talapia (~once a week) because they're cheap and they think every type of fish is healthy. Unless they're extremely fresh, they tend to have a muddy taste that I hate.

Some markets have bootleg seabass from Taiwan that tastes almost exactly like the chilean version. Same butterly flavor and texture too. They go for ~$4/lbs around L.A.

I went to a fancy-schmancy wine tasting at the Capital Grille last night. Private room, we had a Master Sommelier (apparently there are only 175 of them in the world), the works.I've just been informed by my BF that at one point, in front of a president of a local bank (with whom he was networking), I said, "I love this wine so much I want to take it home and have babies with it". :blackdot: :(
Now that's what I call a sticky situation.

Salty :thumbup: Tilapia is freshwater. Shouldn't really be salty. Not a fan of the fish myself. Tilapia was pushed heavily into the market a while back. I believe it comes from lakes and river in Africa. It's a type of perch. I've tried to cook it a few times and wasn't that pleased. Gimme some king salmon, halibut, or Chilean sea bass*.* Patagonia Toothfish
It was $3.99 a pound, which was about all I needed for all of us. It doesn't hold form very well on the grill, so you have to be real careful when you grill it. But it turned out fantastic last night.

Salty :censored: Tilapia is freshwater. Shouldn't really be salty. Not a fan of the fish myself. Tilapia was pushed heavily into the market a while back. I believe it comes from lakes and river in Africa. It's a type of perch. I've tried to cook it a few times and wasn't that pleased. Gimme some king salmon, halibut, or Chilean sea bass*.* Patagonia Toothfish
It was $3.99 a pound, which was about all I needed for all of us. It doesn't hold form very well on the grill, so you have to be real careful when you grill it. But it turned out fantastic last night.
Did you oil the grill? And make sure it's super hot before putting the fish on. I've used those bbq trays too.

So, my new job pays crap but on the bright side (besides providing me with insurance for my pregnant wife while I find something else), I have an enormous office with a couch/chair/coffee table setup. I also have a private bathroom with shower. The strange thing is that the vanity is extremely low (mid thigh high instead of hip high) and sits directly across from the toilet. As a result, when I'm taking my talents to South Beach, it turns out I have a full on waist up view of myself that I find distracting and a bit strange. I guess I've never really watched myself poop before...

While I've always known this, it just kind of shocked me when I put it all together - hubby has had a gun pulled on him 3 times...by the cops.

While I've always known this, it just kind of shocked me when I put it all together - hubby has had a gun pulled on him 3 times...by the cops.
BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL, FOX 35) - A man may want to pick up some roses to give to his wife; after she gets out of the hospital where she is recovering from a gunshot wound that is.The husband, 77 year old Arnold Morris, shot his wife 72 year old wife Patricia Sunday morning inside their Canaveral Groves home.According to Mr. Morris the couple, who have been married 54 years, were ‘role playing’, acting out how to react in a robbery. Mr. Morris was playing the role of victim, while Patricia was playing the robber. Mr. Morris pulled a handgun out and pointed it at his wife/’robber’.Unfortunately Mr. Morris, who insists he is very safety conscious, didn’t realize the gun was loaded. It somehow went off shooting his wife in the chest.Deputies said Patricia was talking to them as she was being prepared to be airlifted to the hospital and despite a gunshot wound to the chest she is expected to recover.Investigators said the couple’s story matched and they don’t expect to file any charges.

Users who are viewing this thread