What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Chat With our Draftniks Matt Waldman and Sigmund Bloom Tonight D (1 Viewer)

Ugh, I hate seeing Watkins go to Philly. I think he's going to be a really, really good player. I got to see him a lot since he played in my hometown and he's very versatile.
My cable must be behind everyone else'sl. Where are you seeing this?

Giants may still grab a RB.

Mike Garafolo

Reese says a few other players discussed. Asked directly about Ingram but won't answer directly. #nyg

With Pierre Thomas, and the Saints propensity for switching out RB's...I think Ingram to the Saints would be a nightmare location for 2011. Not bad long-term though.

Would've preferred Carimi (moved inside to OG), but Watkins should get a shot to start immediately, which is all we can ask from a 1st rounder on a playoff contending team.

Would've preferred Carimi (moved inside to OG), but Watkins should get a shot to start immediately, which is all we can ask from a 1st rounder on a playoff contending team.
REALLY wanted Costanzo, but hopefully Andy knows his O-linemen.Let's hope the Canadian "Ice Road Grader" Watkins pans out.

I agree... I also would have liked to see Jimmy Smith to help shore the secondary.

I agree... I also would have liked to see Jimmy Smith to help shore the secondary.
Jimmy Smith has way too many red flags, no way did I want him (and glad to see I wasn't alone in not buying the hype with him either).

Once again the Eagles think they are smarter than everyone else. I guess they didn't like Carimi because everyone else had him rated higher. I hate Andy Reid

Jimmy Smith has way too many red flags, no way did I want him (and glad to see I wasn't alone in not buying the hype with him either).
He does have off-field issues, but Reid has never shied away from that. With the firepower being built in Dallas, another talented CB is a good thing.

:goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading more on Carimi vs. Watkins - Carimi is the better run blocker, while Watkins is considered the better pass blocker. FWIW.

He does have off-field issues, but Reid has never shied away from that. With the firepower being built in Dallas, another talented CB is a good thing.
Reid has never taken a player with Smith's issues. Three positive drug tests in college...no thanks.

Watkins is older and is Canadian, Baylor had an assistant coach who had ties to Canada whose name escapes me. I remember when they recruited him they thought they had a diamond in the rough and he proved to be so. Baylor hardly ever has great offensive lineman(Jason Smith the exception) but Watkins is athletic and versatile enough to play any position on the line. I was always impressed with his run blocking ability and actually think he would be a better guard in the NFL than tackle. I think Philly will try him at tackle and he's athletic enough and definitely used to an athletic QB in Robert Griffin who is faster than Vick at this point. Fellow players and coaches always talked about his intelligence and when I've heard him in interview I was always impressed with how bright he was, intelligence is definitely something you can't under-value in an offensive lineman and I think he'll pick the system up quick and be a consistent player that will prove to be a good pick for Philly.

Reading more on Carimi vs. Watkins - Carimi is the better run blocker, while Watkins is considered the better pass blocker. FWIW.
I'm not particularly familiar with Carimi but I always thought Watkins was a good run blocker. Obviously experts are going to know more than me but he always held his own and Baylor ran lots of plays to his side and he was good at grinding when need be.

Watkins is older and is Canadian, Baylor had an assistant coach who had ties to Canada whose name escapes me. I remember when they recruited him they thought they had a diamond in the rough and he proved to be so. Baylor hardly ever has great offensive lineman(Jason Smith the exception) but Watkins is athletic and versatile enough to play any position on the line. I was always impressed with his run blocking ability and actually think he would be a better guard in the NFL than tackle. I think Philly will try him at tackle and he's athletic enough and definitely used to an athletic QB in Robert Griffin who is faster than Vick at this point. Fellow players and coaches always talked about his intelligence and when I've heard him in interview I was always impressed with how bright he was, intelligence is definitely something you can't under-value in an offensive lineman and I think he'll pick the system up quick and be a consistent player that will prove to be a good pick for Philly.
Thanks a ton for your assessment. Great posting.

I'm not particularly familiar with Carimi but I always thought Watkins was a good run blocker. Obviously experts are going to know more than me but he always held his own and Baylor ran lots of plays to his side and he was good at grinding when need be.
Don't ever undersell your own eyes. Trust what you see and go with it. Thanks for sharing.

Ill always like Kiper because of his backhanded compliments. "Ya' know Carpenter is a late two but sometimes you have reaches, he's a good player." :hophead:

Wonder how much input Howard Mudd had with this pick. Watkins seems like a Mudd type of Lineman.

Users who are viewing this thread