What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FantasyPros Forum Challenge (help FBG win) (1 Viewer)

'Pnishthm said:
I am registered with FanDuel with my same email addy but nothing was credited to me. Ranking 15th was pretty cool though :thumbup:
Hey Pnishthm - When you get a second, can you send a quick note to info@fantasypros.com with the email you used and your FanDuel screen name? We'll get you squared away with the credit. Thanks.
Will do thanks!!!

Week 3's results are now posted up on our site. You can click the 'View' link in the Details column to see how the forum voted for each match-up.

We also now have a Year-to-Date leaderboard (FBG is currently #4 out of 10).

We're shooting to send out an email for your individual scores today. Feel free to let me know if there are any questions - Thanks!

Hey all,

The poll for Week 4 is up now (takes 1-2 minutes to complete): Week 4 Challenge

Reminder: Your picks contribute to FBG's score (currently #4 out of 10 in the standings). Also, the 50 most accurate entrants this week will win a share of $500 in prizes. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are this week's start/sit match-ups for those interested:

[*]Ben Roethlisberger (@ HOU) or Eli Manning (@ ARI)

[*]A.J. Green (vs. BUF) or Nate Washington (@ CLE)

[*]Jahvid Best (@ DAL) or Tim Hightower (@ STL)

[*]Sidney Rice (vs. ATL) or Lance Moore (@ JAC)

[*]James Starks (vs. DEN) or Darren Sproles (@ JAC)

[*]Matt Ryan (@ SEA) or Cam Newton (@ CHI)

[*]Torrey Smith (vs. NYJ) or Dexter McCluster (vs. MIN)

[*]Brandon Jacobs (@ ARI) or Willis McGahee (@ GB)

[*]David Nelson (@ CIN) or Robert Meachem (@ JAC)

[*]Mark Ingram (@ JAC) or BenJarvus Green-Ellis (@ OAK)

Cool contest, thanks

Just as an FYI, there were only 11 perfect entries last week (out of a few thousand). Getting all 10 picks right is a guaranteed way to finish up in the money for the week.

That's simple enough, right? :)

I know we're still a day away but I just want to bump this up for anyone who wants to get their picks in now. There are currently 22 submissions so we're looking for at least 28 more.

Here's the link to the quick poll: Week 4 Challenge

Man, these are getting tougher each week. I almost feel like I could do just as well by flipping a coin. Cool contest... would be way cooler if I can win some of that prize money soon!

Side note: Anyone think Torrey Smith will go back down to earth after the bye week when Lee Evans comes back? I did a speculative pickup on L. Evans but I'm not sure I want to hold him for three weeks (his bye is next week) since my league only has 3 bench spots.

Bump for anyone looking to play in the contest this week (poll closes at 1pm EST). We're still looking for at least 17 more submissions to get FBG eligible this week. And as always, there are prizes for the most accurate entrants.

Here's the quick (1-2 min) poll: Week 4 Challenge

Good luck!

Week 4's results are posted up now. It was a tough week for most in the contest (average person only got 4 out of 10 questions correct). FBG finished the week #5 out 10 and continues to sit 4th overall in the YTD standings.

Your individual scores should be emailed out in a little bit. Feel free to let me know if there are any questions. Thanks.

Here are your choices for week 5. Enjoy, and do the forum proud!

Cam Newton (vs. NO) or Philip Rivers (@ DEN)

Matt Schaub (vs. OAK) or Josh Freeman (@ SF)

Cedric Benson (@ JAC) or LeGarrette Blount (@ SF)

Michael Bush (@ HOU) or Dexter McCluster (@ IND)

Marshawn Lynch (@ NYG) or Stevan Ridley (vs. NYJ)

Beanie Wells (@ MIN) or Ahmad Bradshaw (vs. SEA)

Kevin Walter (vs. OAK) or Antonio Brown (vs. TEN)

A.J. Green (@ JAC) or Percy Harvin (vs. ARI)

Plaxico Burress (@ NE) or Pierre Garcon (vs. KC)

Mike Thomas (vs. CIN) or Lance Moore (@ CAR)

Take 1-2 minutes and fill out your entry for a chance at the $500 prize pool!

Find the entry at: http://www.fantasypros.com/contests/start-sit/footballguys-forum/questions/

Find the entry at: http://www.fantasypros.com/contests/start-sit/footballguys-forum/questions/
NewtonFreeman

Benson

McCluster

Ridley

Bradshaw

Walter

Harvin

Burress

Thomas

10-0, here I come.

NewtonFreeman

Benson

McCluster

Ridley

Bradshaw

Walter

Harvin

Burress

Thomas

10-0, here I come.
You only got 7/10 correct but nice try. :boxing:

Get those last minute entries in! It only takes 1-2 minutes to give yourself a shot at the $500 prize pool and help Footballguys defeat the other forums. Entries accepted until just before kickoff at 1pm est.

Here are your picks for week 6. Feel free to make your case for any of the players below to the FootballGuys community. Remember, every entry from FootballGuys contributes to the forum's overall accuracy score.

Cam Newton (@ ATL) or Michael Vick (@ WAS)

Delone Carter (@ CIN) or Ryan Grant (vs. STL)

Victor Cruz (vs. BUF) or Pierre Garcon (@ CIN)

Felix Jones (@ NE) or Ryan Torain (vs. PHI)

David Nelson (@ NYG) or Darrius Heyward-Bey (vs. CLE)

Sam Bradford (@ GB) or Alex Smith (@ DET)

Earnest Graham (vs. NO) or DeAngelo Williams (@ ATL)

Michael Crabtree (@ DET) or Lance Moore (@ TB)

Jahvid Best (vs. SF) or Steven Jackson (@ GB)

James Jones (vs. STL) or Kevin Walter (@ BAL)

I'm in for the week. Had my worst week last week but was still 32nd out of the 64 or so experts
There were some tricky ones last week. As you can tell from your ranking, a lot of experts struggled as well.Response has been pretty good so far, but we are still a ways away from hitting the minimum number of 50 entries to qualify for the forum challenge. Help FootballGuys defeat the other forums, and give yourself a shot at the $500 weekly prize pool too!

Here's the link one more time: http://fantasypros.polldaddy.com/s/footballguys-wk6?forum_id=12&week=6

Good luck this week!

Still need over 20 entries to qualify for the forum challenge this week! Take 2 minutes and help FootballGuys outperform the other forums! Remember, the top 50 entries split a $500 prize pool every week.

and we stunk up the joint week 5
Seriously. How are we losing to Reddit????I've been checking my score every week and I'll just say that I don't think I'm the weak link for FBG. Just Say'n!C'mon guys, we should be able to nail these 10 start/sit questions. For arguments sake, here are my picks (first guy listed is the one I'm starting): SAM BRADFORD over Alex SmithVICK over NewtonRYAN GRANT over Delone Carter (this one is like picking crap against crap)EARNEST GRAHAM over DeAngelo WilliamsFELIX JONES over Ryan Torain (only cuz Shanny might start a guy from the practice squad over Torain/Hightower/Helu...you just never know)SJAX over Jahvid BestVICTOR CRUZ over GarconLANCE MOORE over CrabtreeDAVID NELSON over d.h.b.JAMES JONES over Kevin Walter

Here are your options for week 7. Footballguys easily took first place last week with a dominant showing, but you still has some work to do in the overall standings (#7/10). Fill out your entry and keep the momentum going!

Tim Tebow (@MIA) or Phillip Rivers (@NYJ)

Jackie Battle (@OAK) or DeMarco Murray (vs STL)

Brandon Lloyd (@ DAL) or Mike Williams (vs CHI)

Earnest Graham (vs CHI) or Darren Sproles (vs IND)

Greg Little (vs SEA) or Nate Washington (vs HOU)

Sam Bradford (@ DAL) or Carson Palmer (vs KC)

Ryan Torain (@ CAR) or Willis McGahee (@ MIA)

Eric Decker (@ MIA) or Santonio Holmes (vs SD)

Montario Hardesty (vs SEA) or DeAngelo Williams (vs WSH)

Doug Baldwin (@ CLE) vs Kevin Walter (@ TEN)

What happens if Bradford and/or Palmer don't play?
Great question, when we came up with that matchup, Palmer appeared to be the starter and Bradford seemed healthy enough to play. Obviously that is not the case now. Chances are that question will not count towards the forum challenge or your individual score this week.

We've only got about half of the 50 required entries to qualify FBG for the Forum Challenge this week! Take a couple minutes, help FBG out, and give yourself a shot at cash prizes!

My picks are in. I like how quick this game is, but man those were some tough start/sit calls this week!

Cool contest. Every week I get to see how much better I am than Matthew Berry. :D

Didn't know about this, in for the first time this week. Also, awesome site Andrew. Love the new My Playbook tool
Thanks PittBully, we've gotten a lot of great feedback on My Playbook. It's a pretty cool tool. Good luck with your start/sit this week.Just a reminder, we accept entries up until kickoff. Your score will contribute to Footballguys overall accuracy score, and the top 50 entries will win cash prizes!

Entry Link: http://fantasypros.polldaddy.com/s/footballguys-wk7?forum_id=12&week=7

The week 7 results are in, and what a great week for Footballguys! Somehow you leap all the way from 7th place to *2nd*! However, as you can see in the results, you have several forums right at your heels, so don't get too content just yet. And just FYI, we threw out the Palmer/Bradford question.

Week 7 Results: http://www.fantasypros.com/contests/start-sit/?week=7'>http://www.fantasypros.com/contests/start-sit/?week=7

YTD Results: http://www.fantasypros.com/contests/start-sit/

I only missed one this week but I still finished 993 out of 3310. O well, at least I beat Bloom and Dodds. Let's get number 1 this week guys

I only missed one this week but I still finished 993 out of 3310. O well, at least I beat Bloom and Dodds. Let's get number 1 this week guys
I missed 1 as well, but finished 384. You must have missed the Tebow/Rivers or Murray/Battle matchup. Big pts differential on those 2 matchups.

Here are your week 8 choices! Thoughts on Tebow, Murray, and Moreno this week?

Tim Tebow (vs DET) or Eli Manning (vs. MIA)

Maurice Morris (@ DEN) or Mark Ingram (@ STL)

Victor Cruz (vs. MIA) or Michael Crabtree (vs. CLE)

Steven Jackson (vs. NO) or DeMarco Murray (@ PHI)

Antonio Brown (vs. NE) or Greg Little (@ SF)

Joe Flacco (vs. ARI) or Ryan Fitzpatrick (vs. WAS)

Knowshon Moreno (vs. DET) or Bernard Scott (@ SEA)

Brandon Lloyd (vs. NO) or Pierre Garcon (@ TEN)

Roy Helu (@ BUF) or Delone Carter (@ TEN)

Jabar Gaffney (@ BUF) or Reggie Wayne (@ TEN)

TE Tiebreaker:

Jared Cook (vs IND)

Greg Olson (vs. MIN)

Ed Dickson (vs. ARI)

Dallas Clark (@ TEN)

Jake Ballard (vs. MIN)

Users who are viewing this thread