What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (12 Viewers)

Can we get a report from last night's Gadzooks/Thorn cornhole?
My buddy told me this morning that I kept referring to the old guy as "Asian-Tanner"I know I woke up around 9 and discovered I had on my shirt, my socks and shoes but I did not have any pants on."your pants are in the kitchen folded nicely on the microwave". I got up and pulled myself together and noticed a homeless man sitting a few feet away from me and I looked so awful that the homeless man wouldn't make eye contact with me. He had a disgusted look on face and looked away right when I looked at him.
I think your question, and our prayers, have been answered. :thumbup:

Heading out to start drinking to celebrate the new year, but wanted to wish a happy and healthy 2012 for all the great people of GMTAN

This was a pretty terrible year for me, definitely in my bottom 5 - likely bottom 3, but you guys helped provide some great humor and relief from the stress of life. This thread is full of awesome people and seeing all the ups and downs that we all go through helps provide some well needed perspective at time. You all have certainly made my life better and I hope that this next year I can give back more to y'all. Ok, enough of the sensitive stuff, time to go drink!!

:banned: :banned:

Heading out to start drinking to celebrate the new year, but wanted to wish a happy and healthy 2012 for all the great people of GMTANThis was a pretty terrible year for me, definitely in my bottom 5 - likely bottom 3, but you guys helped provide some great humor and relief from the stress of life. This thread is full of awesome people and seeing all the ups and downs that we all go through helps provide some well needed perspective at time. You all have certainly made my life better and I hope that this next year I can give back more to y'all. Ok, enough of the sensitive stuff, time to go drink!! :banned: :banned:
Good luck to you in 2012. Hope it's much better for you.

Heading out to start drinking to celebrate the new year, but wanted to wish a happy and healthy 2012 for all the great people of GMTANThis was a pretty terrible year for me, definitely in my bottom 5 - likely bottom 3, but you guys helped provide some great humor and relief from the stress of life. This thread is full of awesome people and seeing all the ups and downs that we all go through helps provide some well needed perspective at time. You all have certainly made my life better and I hope that this next year I can give back more to y'all. Ok, enough of the sensitive stuff, time to go drink!! :banned: :banned:
Happy New Year and good luck in 2012~!

I think it was then that my buddy told me that if I was going to throw up I better do it now before we get back to his apartment because his girlfriend is still mad about the last time I threw up in their living room.
:lmao:Sambuca shots: a horrible idea since 1852.

Can we get a report from last night's Gadzooks/Thorn cornhole?
My buddy told me this morning that I kept referring to the old guy as "Asian-Tanner"I know I woke up around 9 and discovered I had on my shirt, my socks and shoes but I did not have any pants on."your pants are in the kitchen folded nicely on the microwave". I got up and pulled myself together and noticed a homeless man sitting a few feet away from me and I looked so awful that the homeless man wouldn't make eye contact with me. He had a disgusted look on face and looked away right when I looked at him.
I think your question, and our prayers, have been answered. :thumbup:
It occurred to me to hang out for post game festivities, but I realized what a worse mess I would be. Actually was quite proud of myself for navigating the T and getting on the right bus home, and that was at like 8. Zooks wore an orange shirt, which I'm pretty sure was in honor of my Reese's one. And it made us look like an old married couple who didn't want to lose each other in the crowd, which was nice.I don't think I've ever seen anyone so pleased to be offered a shot in my life. "Zooks, sumbuca shot?" Zooks> :excited: YEAH :excited:

I think it was then that my buddy told me that if I was going to throw up I better do it now before we get back to his apartment because his girlfriend is still mad about the last time I threw up in their living room.
:lmao:Sambuca shots: a horrible idea since 1852.
I almost threw up again on my drive home when I put a piece of gum in my mouth because it reminded me of how I swallowed my gum last night when we did that sambuca shot. I'm not sure I'll be able to chew gum again.

:lmao: Sambuca shots: a horrible idea since 1852.
I love them.
:goodposting: Love the 4:39am CST text from Zooks - "ouch"

:lmao:
Good lord, I'm starting to wonder if I ever went to sleep last night. Totally don't remember that text.

I am one and a half games out of the money in Bob's pool. These are pressure picks this week, folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am one and a half games out of the money in Bob's pool. These are pressure picks this week, folks.
Do I get half of the winnings? Since, you know, we're like a couple now or something. Pretty sure we made plans for a special trip on a long weekend, unless that was just the alcohol talking.

Do I get half of the winnings? Since, you know, we're like a couple now or something. Pretty sure we made plans for a special trip on a long weekend, unless that was just the alcohol talking.
You don't get half, you get all. But so do I. It's "our" money now.

Was going to get a stuffed pizza as our traditional meal for New Years Eve, but most of the places around here that make it are gone. The one place that has it is apparently closed. WTF?? This seems odd to me. Going with brick oven place up the street and a nice malbec.

Happy New Year to all and please be safe on this amateur night. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the people who post in this thread are people I've come to iKnow pretty well over the years on the board. But there are a few who really started to stand out to me only due to this thread.

So, my nominees for 2011 Best Poster I Hadn't Known the Work of Very Well until the GMTAN Got Rocking:

Gadzooks

Guster

kevzilla

And the winner is...

The thread I regret missing out on. Too long to start from scratch. forrest, do you still have a mailing list?

<--- still makes me giggle.

so i email my buddy (the guy who bought the pizza warmer off of ebay) to see what he was up to tonight. His wife will be in bed by 10pm, so I was shoot him an invite on the off chance he'll actually take me up one of these years. I showed him the invite to the party we're attending, and here was his response:

I'm out but thought you'd like to revisit my recent New Years History:(2011) Cocaine and mud-butt caused me to #### my pants on the side of a guy's house during a party,(2010) Got stuck in an ice storm at a strip club in Rockford,(2009) Was given an adrenaline shot in the emergency room at 2:00am,(2008) Blacked-out before midnight, woke to find I had puked lettuce all over the kitchen cabinets,(2007) Woke-up on Steves' bathroom floor at 1:00pm the next day,(2006) Puked all over Brown's front yard as my wife was trying to get me home,(2005) Passed out on Jake's bathroom floor. He had to break-in the door to get to me to see if I was breathing.2012 ??
:lmao:

Happy New Year all! I am working until 11, then going to attempt to make it downtown to my office to drop stuff off and get to bar before midnight. There shouldn't be a problem finding a cab in NYC at 11 on NYE, right? :unsure:

One of my boys has a 102.5 fever, so my NYE will be spent trying to gain the most amount of weight possible before Monday. On the menu: Frito Pie, Beer and a warm Chocolate chip cookie with some vanilla ice cream on top.

Oh, and I'll be chasing the 7 unit losing streak I'm on by bettig the Auburn Over

Most of the people who post in this thread are people I've come to iKnow pretty well over the years on the board. But there are a few who really started to stand out to me only due to this thread. So, my nominees for 2011 Best Poster I Hadn't Known the Work of Very Well until the GMTAN Got Rocking:GadzooksGusterkevzillaAnd the winner is...
Gotta be Zooks, but I am genuinely honored to be nominated. :wub:

No snowmageddon yet on Lake Superior, but storm watch is on. Might not be able to get out of here tomorrow. If not, IBATB.

Happy New Year, turds.

Oh, Frosty, I got engaged. So update your notebook.

Happy New Year to everyone in the GMTAN.

Congrats to Tre, you poor dumb *******.

Everyone be safe and don't drive drunk.

Peace and much love to all.

Most of the people who post in this thread are people I've come to iKnow pretty well over the years on the board. But there are a few who really started to stand out to me only due to this thread. So, my nominees for 2011 Best Poster I Hadn't Known the Work of Very Well until the GMTAN Got Rocking:GadzooksGusterkevzillaAnd the winner is...
holding my breath, but not sure I can beat out a deserving zooks!!

My version of knuckles just texted me to let me know she's gone back to AA, "because you're the only know that knows." How do I politely tell her that the whole town knows she's a drunk?

My version of knuckles just texted me to let me know she's gone back to AA, "because you're the only know that knows." How do I politely tell her that the whole town knows she's a drunk?
"Sorry to have to tell you, but the whole town knows you're a lush?"

The guy was nice enough, kinda chatty and I found his full head of white hair to be intriguing, I may have asked him what kind of hair product he used. (My buddy told me this morning that I kept referring to the old guy as "Asian-Tanner")
My New Year's Resolution is not hang around you jerks any more.

All the rest of us. :wub: you guys.

"You're going to have to find a new town if you want to be anonymous."knuckles claimed she was going to quit drinking for 6 months after her last embarrassing meltdown. lasted 3 days.my new year's eve consists of avoiding her tonight.

First beer of the night: Abita Christmas Ale :thumbup:Anyone else going to be GMTANing it tonight :unsure: :bag:
I'm not a big fan of NYE, since it's amateur hour out there. I'll probably be home getting drunk with the lights off in the front of the house, just in case knuckles does a drive-by.

Users who are viewing this thread