What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*NBA THREAD* Abe will be missed (1 Viewer)

Refs announced... I will let you draw your own conclusions

Monty McCutchen, Ron Garretson, and Derrick Stafford

Here is all refs ranked by Home Team Win % (refs with <20 games excluded from data set)

http://i45.tinypic.com/2mw5fsz.jpg

All data from below

http://www.nbastuffer.com/2011-2012_NBA_Regular_Season_Referee_Stats.html

:suds:
Given the fact that two of the three ranked near the bottom of the league in home win % last season, I'm gonna draw the conclusion that it's entirely random and that whoever took the time to make that jpg probably is wearing tin foil on their head as I type.
Good looking out Tobias. I will keep my eye on Stafford :eek: Looking forward to the game tonite. Any Boston-ites, I will be at the bar in Central Sq if you are looking for an excuse to get out...

edit to add: two different responses from Clavin and Tobias, one constructive, the other destructive... :thumbup: to Tobias, good analysis

Last edited by a moderator:
Refs announced... I will let you draw your own conclusions

Monty McCutchen, Ron Garretson, and Derrick Stafford

Here is all refs ranked by Home Team Win % (refs with <20 games excluded from data set)

http://i45.tinypic.com/2mw5fsz.jpg

All data from below

http://www.nbastuffer.com/2011-2012_NBA_Regular_Season_Referee_Stats.html

:suds:
Given the fact that two of the three ranked near the bottom of the league in home win % last season, I'm gonna draw the conclusion that it's entirely random and that whoever took the time to make that jpg probably is wearing tin foil on their head as I type.
Good looking out Tobias. I will keep my eye on Stafford :eek: Looking forward to the game tonite. Any Boston-ites, I will be at the bar in Central Sq if you are looking for an excuse to get out...
:lmao: He's the designated Celtichunter tonight.

From the Associated Press:MIAMI -- A South Florida masseuse died at a hospital after collapsing at the Miami Beach home of injured Heat forward Chris Bosh.

A police report says the woman, whose name wasn't immediately released, went to Bosh's home Monday. Bosh has been sidelined with an abdominal strain.

Miami Beach police spokeswoman Vivian Hernandez says the department will conduct its standard death investigation, but there are no immediate signs of foul play.

The woman initially appeared to be well but suddenly collapsed. Fire rescue workers responded and transported the unconscious woman to a nearby hospital, where she died Monday night.

The report says a friend of the victim told officials she had survived cancer about a year ago. The cause of the woman's collapse and eventual death weren't in the report.

From the Associated Press:MIAMI -- A South Florida masseuse died at a hospital after collapsing at the Miami Beach home of injured Heat forward Chris Bosh.A police report says the woman, whose name wasn't immediately released, went to Bosh's home Monday. Bosh has been sidelined with an abdominal strain.Miami Beach police spokeswoman Vivian Hernandez says the department will conduct its standard death investigation, but there are no immediate signs of foul play.The woman initially appeared to be well but suddenly collapsed. Fire rescue workers responded and transported the unconscious woman to a nearby hospital, where she died Monday night.The report says a friend of the victim told officials she had survived cancer about a year ago. The cause of the woman's collapse and eventual death weren't in the report.
Flagrant 2.

The Trail Blazers have reportedly signed GM Neil Olshey to a three-year contract with a team option for a fourth year.

The Clippers were willing to match any offer from the Blazers, but Olshey opted to leave anyway -- he reportedly worked on a month-to-month salary last year, and owner Donald Sterling may have exhausted his patience
It's like whatever bad stuff you've heard/read about Sterling, he's actually worse.

Wade focused, Lebron looks slightly confused and had a terrible pass resulting in the last turnover...how one before we see Bosh? Either he can play or he can't.

What an awful idea from Van Gundy about the no-charge circle. LeBron would shoot 50 free throws a game under his rules.
I do think something needs to be done about the charges though. They seem to call far too many when a guy slides under the shooter, yet they still call a block if a guy bowls someone over if the defender is retreating, but moving.

Celtics closing the gap before the half.

Has there ever been a missed shot that was not the result of a bad foul call? Is there ever a foul call that a player does not protest about? Why do players stand there and argue with the refs while their team is now down a man on defense? I do not understand. Play stops, have a word with them but this is live game action!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from the bar... Buddy had to bail (weenie), figured I would finish it up with you fellas... Helluva game. Bar was so so, Cambridge bars just do not get into it like Boston bars. KG playing a great game. Pierce has been juuuust off, but he will come up big in the 4th. Slow start for Rondo (he remembered he can't shoot) but he has been great passing now. Pietrus with his classic head scratcher game, hate/love him. Ray...steady. Dooling always a nice bonus. And the Steeaammms-man, love that guy

Just got back from the bar... Buddy had to bail (weenie), figured I would finish it up with you fellas... Helluva game. Bar was so so, Cambridge bars just do not get into it like Boston bars. KG playing a great game. Pierce has been juuuust off, but he will come up big in the 4th. Slow start for Rondo (he remembered he can't shoot) but he has been great passing now. Pietrus with his classic head scratcher game, hate/love him. Ray...steady. Dooling always a nice bonus. And the Steeaammms-man, love that guy
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread