What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (3 Viewers)

Went back and forth on this offer but decided to accept the 1.07 (and Brandon Gibson) for SJax.

12 team PPR with QB flex. At least 1and maybe 2 QBs will go top 6 so it is kind of like getting the 1.05 or 1.06 in a 1QB league.

Tough call to accept as I am in win now mode and SJax was my 3rd best RB for next year by a decent margin, but I like the idea of adding a top 3 RB or top 3 WR and getting value for SJax instead of just holding on to the very end with him.

Went back and forth on this offer but decided to accept the 1.07 (and Brandon Gibson) for SJax.12 team PPR with QB flex. At least 1and maybe 2 QBs will go top 6 so it is kind of like getting the 1.05 or 1.06 in a 1QB league. Tough call to accept as I am in win now mode and SJax was my 3rd best RB for next year by a decent margin, but I like the idea of adding a top 3 RB or top 3 WR and getting value for SJax instead of just holding on to the very end with him.
:thumbup:

Non-ppr leagueTeam A receives: 1.8/2.12Team B receives: Goodson/2.2
wow, talk about selling high, Goodson for a first? guy was on waivers in some leagues
The original offer was Goodson/2.2 for the 1.8. So it was Goodson for a 6 spot bump. Considering the depth of the rookie class at that tier, there may not be much difference at all between the 1.8 and 2.2. That actually wasn't enough for a potential starter so a counter was sent to get the late 2nd added on and was accepted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Non-ppr leagueTeam A receives: 1.8/2.12Team B receives: Goodson/2.2
wow, talk about selling high, Goodson for a first? guy was on waivers in some leagues
The original offer was Goodson/2.2 for the 1.8. So it was Goodson for a 6 spot bump. Considering the depth of the rookie class at that tier, there may not be much difference at all between the 1.8 and 2.2. That actually wasn't enough for a potential starter so a counter was sent to get the late 2nd added on and was accepted.
Goodson for a 2.12 and a trade down 6 spots.

traded Calvin for Julio & a 2014 1st (later)

then traded 2014 1st for Goodson/Powell

Call me crazy, but I don't see a lot of difference between Julio and Calvin. With SJax taking the heat off some of the passing game, it should help open things up for Julio down field. I also feel like I was getting 3.5 years of additional production from Julio who could potentially score just as much as Calvin any of the next few years. I feel like the Jets have plenty of holes and by signing Goodson, they could settle with those 2 RB's and not draft a back early because they have so many other holes so I feel like I am basically getting a RB3 type combo for a small downgrade at WR

traded Calvin for Julio & a 2014 1st (later)then traded 2014 1st for Goodson/PowellCall me crazy, but I don't see a lot of difference between Julio and Calvin. With SJax taking the heat off some of the passing game, it should help open things up for Julio down field. I also feel like I was getting 3.5 years of additional production from Julio who could potentially score just as much as Calvin any of the next few years. I feel like the Jets have plenty of holes and by signing Goodson, they could settle with those 2 RB's and not draft a back early because they have so many other holes so I feel like I am basically getting a RB3 type combo for a small downgrade at WR
What happens when NYJ drafts a back? I also think it's unlikely that Julio scores as much as Calvin in the next 2-3 years.

traded Calvin for Julio & a 2014 1st (later)then traded 2014 1st for Goodson/PowellCall me crazy, but I don't see a lot of difference between Julio and Calvin. With SJax taking the heat off some of the passing game, it should help open things up for Julio down field. I also feel like I was getting 3.5 years of additional production from Julio who could potentially score just as much as Calvin any of the next few years. I feel like the Jets have plenty of holes and by signing Goodson, they could settle with those 2 RB's and not draft a back early because they have so many other holes so I feel like I am basically getting a RB3 type combo for a small downgrade at WR
What happens when NYJ drafts a back? I also think it's unlikely that Julio scores as much as Calvin in the next 2-3 years.
I supposed that is a risk I take, but I could easily see them drafting a OT, TE, OLB, SS (replace Landry), and QB with their 1st 5 picks. I think they will find value at those positions in this draft and the Goodson signing makes RB less of a need, but it is certainly possible. If it wasn't, they would have cost me a much higher price.While Julio has more targets to compete with, Gonzo is gone after this year. To say it is unlikely that Julio outscores Calvin is probably accurate, but I don't think it's a huge leap that Julio could score more in 1 of those 3 years or at least come very close. This past year, Julio averaged over 2 pts per target while Calvin averaged 1.7. Eventually Julio's targets will rise to closer to 150 as Roddy, SJax, and Gonzo head closer to retirement

team a gives Manning, Peyton DEN QB;Hunter, Kendall SFO RB;Williams, D.J. GBP TE; Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick

team b gives Rivers, Philip SDC QB;Turbin, Robert SEA RB;Robinson, Adrien NYG TE; Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick

'loose circuits said:
While Julio has more targets to compete with, Gonzo is gone after this year. To say it is unlikely that Julio outscores Calvin is probably accurate, but I don't think it's a huge leap that Julio could score more in 1 of those 3 years or at least come very close. This past year, Julio averaged over 2 pts per target while Calvin averaged 1.7. Eventually Julio's targets will rise to closer to 150 as Roddy, SJax, and Gonzo head closer to retirement
Megatron outscored Julio by slight more than 5 PPG in my most basic PPR league this past season. That is a huge difference to make up. And Megatron only scored 5 TDs on the entire season. Julio might have been more efficient on a per-play basis, but it's reasonable to expect his efficiency to decline as he accumulates more targets. DET is also continually playing from behind while the Falcons seem to like taking their foot off the pedal.

'loose circuits said:
I like the first part of the deal, and like Julio by a hair over Calvin straight up. The 1st was a nice profit imo. However, I think you gave the profit away in the 2nd trade. I don't see much value in Goodson/Powell at all.

'loose circuits said:
While Julio has more targets to compete with, Gonzo is gone after this year. To say it is unlikely that Julio outscores Calvin is probably accurate, but I don't think it's a huge leap that Julio could score more in 1 of those 3 years or at least come very close. This past year, Julio averaged over 2 pts per target while Calvin averaged 1.7. Eventually Julio's targets will rise to closer to 150 as Roddy, SJax, and Gonzo head closer to retirement
Megatron outscored Julio by slight more than 5 PPG in my most basic PPR league this past season. That is a huge difference to make up. And Megatron only scored 5 TDs on the entire season. Julio might have been more efficient on a per-play basis, but it's reasonable to expect his efficiency to decline as he accumulates more targets. DET is also continually playing from behind while the Falcons seem to like taking their foot off the pedal.
Calvin had 204 targets while Julio had 128. If they both had equal targets, I'd be willing to bet they would put up similar #'s. How many more seasons is Calvin going to see an enormous 200+ targets?

'loose circuits said:
I like the first part of the deal, and like Julio by a hair over Calvin straight up. The 1st was a nice profit imo. However, I think you gave the profit away in the 2nd trade. I don't see much value in Goodson/Powell at all.
at this point, Goodson was the one free agent signing for a cash strapped Jets team. They paid him over 2 mil a year for 3 years. I don't think that was just so they could have a back-up RB, but I agree that some could see the value differently. You typically can't get starting RB's for projected late 1st rounders, so they have to have some flaws

'loose circuits said:

Call me crazy, but I don't see a lot of difference between Julio and Calvin. With SJax taking the heat off some of the passing game, it should help open things up for Julio down field. I also feel like I was getting 3.5 years of additional production from Julio who could potentially score just as much as Calvin any of the next few years. I feel like the Jets have plenty of holes and by signing Goodson, they could settle with those 2 RB's and not draft a back early because they have so many other holes so I feel like I am basically getting a RB3 type combo for a small downgrade at WR
at this point, Goodson was the one free agent signing for a cash strapped Jets team. They paid him over 2 mil a year for 3 years. I don't think that was just so they could have a back-up RB, but I agree that some could see the value differently. You typically can't get starting RB's for projected late 1st rounders, so they have to have some flaws
That's purely backup money - he got 3 years/$6.9M and Greene got 3 years/$10M. While he may be the starter this year I expect them to draft someone, probably Bernard in the 2nd.

Fear & Loathing gave up:

Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB

Amendola, Danny NEP WR

Jones, Donald NEP WR

Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.01

Year 2013 Draft Pick 4.11

Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Fear & Loathing

Let's Make a Deal gave up:

Brees, Drew NOS QB

Graham, Brandon PHI DE

David, Lavonte TBB LB

Webb, Lardarius BAL CB

Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.04

Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Let's Make a Deal

Start 2 QB, PPR, More or less standard scoring, tackles get 2pts.

F&L finished 2nd in 12 team league last year, losing Superbowl. LMAD finished middle of pack.

Fair trade?

'loose circuits said:
Calvin had 204 targets while Julio had 128. If they both had equal targets, I'd be willing to bet they would put up similar #'s. How many more seasons is Calvin going to see an enormous 200+ targets?
If Calvin played opposite Roddy White, his targets would go down, but his efficiency would go up. White inevitably helps Julio's efficiency.

•GB gave up McFadden, Darren OAK RB;Heyward-Bey, Darrius FA WR;Simpson, Jerome MIN WR

•FNM gave up Pead, Isaiah STL RB;Richardson, Daryl STL RB;Smith, Steve CAR WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.04; Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Rolling Prairie Dogs

•GB gave up McFadden, Darren OAK RB;Heyward-Bey, Darrius FA WR;Simpson, Jerome MIN WR•FNM gave up Pead, Isaiah STL RB;Richardson, Daryl STL RB;Smith, Steve CAR WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.04; Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Rolling Prairie Dogs
I will take the Pead/D Rich side

'loose circuits said:

That's purely backup money - he got 3 years/$6.9M and Greene got 3 years/$10M. While he may be the starter this year I expect them to draft someone, probably Bernard in the 2nd.
No way the Jets are in position to draft a RB in rd2. More pressing needs(IMO)- QB, OLBx2,DT,FS,SS,WR,TE,CB.

Colin Kaepernick, Rueben Randle, Mohamed SanuFORSam Bradford, Wes Welker, and 2013 5.08
I like the Kaepernick side by a whole lot; I think you can get a much better WR than Welker for him straight up. I also think the next best/only peripheral piece of that deal worth anything is Randle.

This blockbuster of a deal went down in one of my leagues yesterday:

12 Team 1 PPR, QB-QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-Flex-K-DEF

Team A Gave: Santonio Holmes, Mikel Leshoure, 4.02, 4.08

Team B Gave: Anquan Boldin, 3.03, 3.07

Two in the same league. PPR. Start 19 Full IDP

Give:

Percy Harvin, 1.11

Get:

Mike Wallace, Julian Edelman, Aaron Hernandez, 2.09, 4.12

Then

Give:

Mike Wallace, 2.11

Get:

Victor Cruz

'loose circuits said:
The Jets run the ball pretty well (except 2011), so if one guy emerges he'll have some value. Both Goodson and Powell are more effective in the passing game than Shonn Greene. At current prices (cheap as hell) I think both guys are decent value.

I know this thread is supposed to be for completed trades only but I had to post this because I'm absolutely torn on whether or not to do this deal.

I've been offered Cecil Shorts for TY Hilton straight up. I like having the WRs with elite level QBs and Hilton has the edge there no doubt, at least for now. But Cecil Shorts was dominant last season and has more size which is more suitable for a long-term relevant NFL career.

Any thoughts on this? I'll probably reject the trade but it has me thinking.

I've just done this in a 16 team .5ppr start 1/2/3/1 and a flex

It leaves me quite thin in depth but my starting lineup is ridiculous.

Give

Mathews

Fitz

Cook

Get

Harvin

Fred Davis

14 2nd

Lineup is now

Rodgers

McCoy Richardson

Harvin Green Nicks Cobb

Graham

Yes sirs!

I understand the point of having a separate forum for "advice" but a true discussion doesn't have such strict rules. Can you imagine talking FF at a bar with friends, talking about completed trades and I drop my question. Then my buddy says, "you'll have to pose that question over there at the advice booth".

If you're really bothered by my post, simply not answering would get your point across without the edge of coming off like a ####. Just saying. I posted my question in the appropriate thread now, for all of you rule nazis.

Yes sirs!I understand the point of having a separate forum for "advice" but a true discussion doesn't have such strict rules. Can you imagine talking FF at a bar with friends, talking about completed trades and I drop my question. Then my buddy says, "you'll have to pose that question over there at the advice booth".If you're really bothered by my post, simply not answering would get your point across without the edge of coming off like a ####. Just saying. I posted my question in the appropriate thread now, for all of you rule nazis.
This thread is valuable because it has trades that were actually made and not cluttered up with all kinds of offers. I agree there's some overlap but the whole AC forum is for discussing potential deals.

Two in the same league. PPR. Start 19 Full IDPGive:Percy Harvin, 1.11Get:Mike Wallace, Julian Edelman, Aaron Hernandez, 2.09, 4.12ThenGive:Mike Wallace, 2.11Get:Victor Cruz
That's a great day of trading for you. Well done
Thanks. It really helped my position. Went from Harvin to Cruz, a wash in my mind, and from Scott Chandler to Aaron Hernandez, night and day huge upgrade.Lost some draft spots but gained depth with Edelman. Pretty happy with the way it worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread