What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (1 Viewer)

Just traded away probably the two hottest names in dynasty circles. Randall Cobb and CJ Spiller....I probably made a mistake here. But I thought Spillers stock was as high as ever and it was a good time to cash in.Traded CJ SpillerforVick BallardBernard PierceAlshon JefferyI love Spiller and think he is one of the most dynamic players in the NFL. However he just lost two offensive linemen. Who knows will be their QB. And I just don't know if he can hold up as the feature back. I still like him - but I don't think he will be top 5 RB this season. Maybe I am wrong.Felt like I got 3 nice young players. Ballard will start in place of spiller which is a big step back - but hopefully not that much. I think everyone has seen Pierce looks better than Rice and Jeffery fills a big hole I would have at my #4 WR. We will see....In another trade - TradedRandall CobbHakeem Nicksfor Calvin JohnsonJennings may be back in GB. Tired of the game time decision that is Nicks.
Not to pile on even if Spiller's a top 15 back you got completely hosed. Ballard, Pierce and Jeffery's aren't legitimate fantasy starters at this point in their careers. Maybe they will be someday but I wouldn't trade Spiller for 3 guys with potential especially since (I believe) Spiller is overvalued. I would think it would be easy to find someone to overpay for him.Like the 2nd trade for you. Yes Cruz and Cobb are solid but Calvin is in a class by himself and to get him for two borderline top 10 WR's is a good move. You should be able to easily find a guy to plug next to Calvin that will outscore Cruz/Cobb.

handful of trades in the past couple of weeks in one of my 12 Team Graded PPR (.5/1/1.5). Start 2RB/2WR/TE can flex any of the three:

Ryan Matthews and 1.07 2012 Rookie for 1.01 2012 Rookie

Chris Johnson and M Williams for Ingram and Maclin

One team did three trades in a day this week:

Gave 1.05

Got 1.11, Sanu and B Meyers

Gave Kap (has ARod)

Got A Smith and 2014 1st

Gave Gronk

Got D Wilson, Jeffrey and Finley

This was my trade as I value Gronk as the top player in a 1.5PPR/TE

In sum

Gave Gronk, Kap and 1.05

Got D Wilson, Jeffrey, Sanu, Finley, A Smith 1.11 and 2014 1st

Not sure why he went on this spree

'Concept Coop said:
'One More Rep said:
Team a gets David Wilson/Vernon Davis/Brian Quick/ 2013 rookie pick 1.2Team b gets Jimmy Graham/Josh Gordon/Felix Jones/ 2013 rookie pick 2.2
Graham > WilsonGordon = 1.02Based on that I'd take the Graham side. Not losing sleep over Davis or Quick.
I'd prefer the Wilson side, but thats because I think Wilson is at least equal to Graham (in 1PPR) and the 1.02 > Gordon.

I'd prefer the Wilson side, but thats because I think Wilson is at least equal to Graham (in 1PPR) and the 1.02 > Gordon.
I think I'd take the 1.02 over Gordon, too. But it's really really close.
I think he could be good, but I would give him up for the 1.4, or even higher depending on the league (not that I have received offers that good yet in any of my leagues).

Last edited by a moderator:
'Donsmith753 said:
16 team .5 PPR (not involved)1.04DanielsHillmanForHernandez3.01
Same league - TEs on the move today...Inver Nessies will giveGronkowski, Rob NEP TETo Craigentinny Chargers forWilson, David NYG RBDavis, Vernon SFO TEYear 2013 Draft Pick 1.14

'DexterDew said:
handful of trades in the past couple of weeks in one of my 12 Team Graded PPR (.5/1/1.5). Start 2RB/2WR/TE can flex any of the three:Ryan Matthews and 1.07 2012 Rookie for 1.01 2012 RookieChris Johnson and M Williams for Ingram and MaclinOne team did three trades in a day this week:Gave 1.05Got 1.11, Sanu and B MeyersGave Kap (has ARod)Got A Smith and 2014 1stGave GronkGot D Wilson, Jeffrey and FinleyThis was my trade as I value Gronk as the top player in a 1.5PPR/TEIn sumGave Gronk, Kap and 1.05Got D Wilson, Jeffrey, Sanu, Finley, A Smith 1.11 and 2014 1stNot sure why he went on this spree
whoever it was just destroyed their team

'DexterDew said:
handful of trades in the past couple of weeks in one of my 12 Team Graded PPR (.5/1/1.5). Start 2RB/2WR/TE can flex any of the three:

Gave 1.05

Gave Kap (has ARod)

Got A Smith and 2014 1st

Gave Gronk

In sum

Gave Gronk, Kap and 1.05

Someone gave up Gronk wayyyy too cheap.

'DexterDew said:

Gave 1.05

Gave Kap (has ARod)

Got A Smith and 2014 1st

Gave Gronk

In sum

Gave Gronk, Kap and 1.05

Someone gave up Gronk wayyyy too cheap.
Gave Kaepernick away SUPER cheap

12 team ppr qb, 2rb, 3wr, flex, te, dSteven Jacksonfor2.82014 3rd
If this is what SJax goes for, I'll never trade him.
Prior to him signing he went for the 3.04, 4.04, and a 2015 2nd.
For what it's worth, it was the asking price the person giving SJax posted on the trade block. "Early 2nd 2013 or Late 2nd2013 +3rd 2013/14". I guess he had been waiting for any chance to move him and didn't want to mince words.

12 team ppr qb, 2rb, 3wr, flex, te, dSteven Jacksonfor2.82014 3rd
Prior to him signing he went for the 3.04, 4.04, and a 2015 2nd.
For what it's worth, it was the asking price the person giving SJax posted on the trade block. "Early 2nd 2013 or Late 2nd2013 +3rd 2013/14". I guess he had been waiting for any chance to move him and didn't want to mince words.
It's fair and people are getting carried away. Mid-season if his owner is out of the playoffs he'll go for peanuts. Personally I think Gore has more left in the tank and I traded the 2.02 for him.

It's fair and people are getting carried away. Mid-season if his owner is out of the playoffs he'll go for peanuts. Personally I think Gore has more left in the tank and I traded the 2.02 for him.
I dont' think it's fair. And I'd be stoked to get Gore for the 2.02. The average 1.04-1.12 produces an average of 110 career VBD. I haven't done the math, but I think it's save to assume the average 2nd rounder is much less than that. Jackson had 41 in STL last year, and could very well double that this year. I agree that his value is at a peak right now. But the playoff race isn't likely to be his lowest, if he's healhty.

I turned down 2.02 and a 2014 2nd for Jackson a couple of weeks ago. Since I view my team as a strong playoff contender I value Jackson quite a bit more. Even if I might only get one more fantasy worthy year from him.

I turned down 2.02 and a 2014 2nd for Jackson a couple of weeks ago. Since I view my team as a strong playoff contender I value Jackson quite a bit more. Even if I might only get one more fantasy worthy year from him.
I should clarify as a contender, I would never trade him for that. I turned down the 2.02 already as well.

Most uneven trade I have ever seen, and should be vetoed if it did not involve the commish.

[*]SOGGY WAFFLES gave up Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB;Woodhead, Danny NEP RB;Moss, Santana WAS WR;Gates, Antonio SDC TE

[*]Taint Meat Strips gave up Newton, Cam CAR QB;James, LaMichael SFO RB;Wallace, Mike MIA WR;Witten, Jason DAL TE; Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.04
Horrible trade. But do you think they are cheating? There are still some who don't view Cam as a top 10 dynasty QB. With that context, and assuming the owner getting Rodgers thinks he is a top 3 dynasty player overall, I can at least see how it's not cheating. Don't get me wrong - I personally woudl take Newton over Rodgers straight up - so the trade is as bad as it gets. But not all feel that way.
No doubt in my mind, this guy never checks in, ever, has not since the last week of last season and is close friends with Commish. Also, the Taint team sent me a text saying he has a pact with another owner to never trade with me just moments before the trade. If he says that why would he not collude further?
You have to get out, my man.
We have all been hoping he will leave :) Love you PhenixPeace

[*]Kiss My Ring gave up Broncos, Denver DEN Def

[*]Gooney Birds gave up Texans, Houston HOU Def
Thats right kids, our league trades DEF in March.

We need to...

1. Get lives

2. Change the name of the league to WE NEED A 12 STEP PROGRAM

3. Brag that we have the most active league ever

Peace

I'd think this is the very low end of his market value. I am sure most owners could bet a pick in the 8-10 range in PPR formats, maybe more in standard leagues.
I am personally willing to give pick 4 in one of my leagues for him. Problem is, I only have picks 2 and 3.........and I like pick 3 a decent amount more than pick 4.

I'd think this is the very low end of his market value. I am sure most owners could bet a pick in the 8-10 range in PPR formats, maybe more in standard leagues.
I am personally willing to give pick 4 in one of my leagues for him. Problem is, I only have picks 2 and 3.........and I like pick 3 a decent amount more than pick 4.
And there's the high end of the market.

And there's the high end of the market.
I would agree. Several factors though(and yeah yeah, I realize it is only March):- I have a good team (Luck, Rice, Murray, Morris, Maclin, Stevie, Gordon, Britt, Graham, hernandez, plus other ok depth)- I have a very young team- I have picks 2 and 3- I have four 2014 1sts- NOBODY is trading RBs (this guy may not even deal Sjax for pick 2)- Everyone seems to want to win now, including me- I think Sjax could help me in a package to get a better WRI realize dealing pick 3 is something I shouldnt do, but am considering it. Pick 4 I would do if I had it. Just in this one league though. I have enough resources to take a chance.

I made 2 monster trades today.

12 team ppr full dynasty. start 1qb, 1rb, 3wr, 1te, 1rb/wr

My roster before:

arron rodgers, russel wilson, kapernick

rice, david wilson, reggie bush, sproles, vereen

calvin, fitz, cobb, austin, d moore, wright

tony g

1.7 rookie pick

-------------

I gave: kapernick, reggie bush, austin

I got : spiller, quick

I sent this trade before free agency and forgot about it. I could have got more from him if I remembered but I am happy. Reggie to the lions made this deal happen.

-------------

I gave: russel wilson, david wilson, fitz, cobb

I got : aj green, trent richardson

I gave up a TON of upside, but because of my strong roster, i felt okay giving up so much to lock in those 2 young superstars

I made 2 monster trades today.12 team ppr full dynasty. start 1qb, 1rb, 3wr, 1te, 1rb/wrMy roster before: arron rodgers, russel wilson, kapernickrice, david wilson, reggie bush, sproles, vereencalvin, fitz, cobb, austin, d moore, wrighttony g1.7 rookie pick-------------I gave: kapernick, reggie bush, austin I got : spiller, quickI sent this trade before free agency and forgot about it. I could have got more from him if I remembered but I am happy. Reggie to the lions made this deal happen.-------------I gave: russel wilson, david wilson, fitz, cobbI got : aj green, trent richardsonI gave up a TON of upside, but because of my strong roster, i felt okay giving up so much to lock in those 2 young superstars
Offhand, I think you did well

Gave: Reggie BushGot: Matt Forte
Wow, a bit shocked that Forte is valued that low, or maybe Bush is valued that high. I'd think there'd have to be *something* else on the Bush end to equal it out but maybe I'm wrong...
Zero chance I would deal Forte for Bush. Wow. People should implement a rule for themselves to not trade for a player for two weeks after he signs with a new team, lol. A self imposed cooling off period.

Wow, a bit shocked that Forte is valued that low, or maybe Bush is valued that high. I'd think there'd have to be *something* else on the Bush end to equal it out but maybe I'm wrong...
it's both. no one is talking about forte and everyone gets excited when a flashy player joins a new team. i would prefer reggie on the dolphins but a month ago, i couldn't give him away. i was getting offers like a 2nd and 3rd for reggie. :no: good trade

[*]Kiss My Ring gave up Bolden, Brandon NEP RB

[*]Joe C's Midget Killers gave up Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.10;Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.05

[*]Kiss My Ring gave up Bolden, Brandon NEP RB

[*]Joe C's Midget Killers gave up Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.10;Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.05
Brandon Bolden's worth about the same as Steven Jackson :thumbup: I have ridley and vereen in multiple leagues and wouldn't pay that much for bolden, and I would break up the match set for that easily as well.

I actually don't think this is that far off. At first I thought it was lopsided, but as I thought a bit harder, I don't think it's that unequal. I know that ADP won't reflect this though.
:goodposting: in ppr I could see Bush catch 60+ balls. And Chicago has a whole new staff. Close players I think.
it'll be interesting to see what role bush takes in detroit. i think it muddies his value a bit (currently) and we already know what role forte has while healthy.

Just traded away probably the two hottest names in dynasty circles. Randall Cobb and CJ Spiller....I probably made a mistake here. But I thought Spillers stock was as high as ever and it was a good time to cash in.Traded CJ SpillerforVick BallardBernard PierceAlshon JefferyI love Spiller and think he is one of the most dynamic players in the NFL. However he just lost two offensive linemen. Who knows will be their QB. And I just don't know if he can hold up as the feature back. I still like him - but I don't think he will be top 5 RB this season. Maybe I am wrong.Felt like I got 3 nice young players. Ballard will start in place of spiller which is a big step back - but hopefully not that much. I think everyone has seen Pierce looks better than Rice and Jeffery fills a big hole I would have at my #4 WR. We will see....In another trade - TradedRandall CobbHakeem Nicksfor Calvin JohnsonJennings may be back in GB. Tired of the game time decision that is Nicks.
You ####ed up

Users who are viewing this thread