What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (2 Viewers)

Most uneven trade I have ever seen, and should be vetoed if it did not involve the commish.

[*]SOGGY WAFFLES gave up Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB;Woodhead, Danny NEP RB;Moss, Santana WAS WR;Gates, Antonio SDC TE

[*]Taint Meat Strips gave up Newton, Cam CAR QB;James, LaMichael SFO RB;Wallace, Mike MIA WR;Witten, Jason DAL TE; Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.04
Horrible trade. But do you think they are cheating? There are still some who don't view Cam as a top 10 dynasty QB. With that context, and assuming the owner getting Rodgers thinks he is a top 3 dynasty player overall, I can at least see how it's not cheating. Don't get me wrong - I personally woudl take Newton over Rodgers straight up - so the trade is as bad as it gets. But not all feel that way.

Most uneven trade I have ever seen, and should be vetoed if it did not involve the commish.

[*]SOGGY WAFFLES gave up Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB;Woodhead, Danny NEP RB;Moss, Santana WAS WR;Gates, Antonio SDC TE

[*]Taint Meat Strips gave up Newton, Cam CAR QB;James, LaMichael SFO RB;Wallace, Mike MIA WR;Witten, Jason DAL TE; Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.04
Horrible trade. But do you think they are cheating? There are still some who don't view Cam as a top 10 dynasty QB. With that context, and assuming the owner getting Rodgers thinks he is a top 3 dynasty player overall, I can at least see how it's not cheating. Don't get me wrong - I personally woudl take Newton over Rodgers straight up - so the trade is as bad as it gets. But not all feel that way.
No doubt in my mind, this guy never checks in, ever, has not since the last week of last season and is close friends with Commish. Also, the Taint team sent me a text saying he has a pact with another owner to never trade with me just moments before the trade. If he says that why would he not collude further?

No doubt in my mind, this guy never checks in, ever, has not since the last week of last season and is close friends with Commish. Also, the Taint team sent me a text saying he has a pact with another owner to never trade with me just moments before the trade. If he says that why would he not collude further?
You have to get out, my man.

Saw this trade in one of my leagues and thought it was pretty lopsided, 12 team PPR

Stevan Ridley and Torrey Smith

For

Darryl Richardson and AJ Green

PPR

Doug Martin, 2013 1.10, 2014 2nd (2.03-2.07)

for

Roddy White, 2013 1.02, 2014 1st (1.08-1.12)

Got it wrong in original post. Edited to correct.

Last edited by a moderator:

whats cheating about that deal? did the teams collude to build a super team and split winnings?fact - taint and Phenix just traded last year.

Check into any MOX league right now, tons of owners havent even signed into the 2013 site, not sure what an owners activity level has to do with collusion or not.

Also, Phenix has known the Taint owner for over 10 years more like 12, so its really just sour grapes on his part.

whats cheating about that deal? did the teams collude to build a super team and split winnings?fact - taint and Phenix just traded last year.

Check into any MOX league right now, tons of owners havent even signed into the 2013 site, not sure what an owners activity level has to do with collusion or not.

Also, Phenix has known the Taint owner for over 10 years more like 12, so its really just sour grapes on his part.
Oh and saying Newton is worth more than Rodgers in Dyno is just plain insane

12 team dynasty, no PPR, Superflex league.

Start:

1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1 Superflex(QB-RB-WR-TE), 1 Flex (RB-WR-TE)

3 DL, 4 LB, 3 DB

FBG Scoring except passing TDs are worth 6 instead of 4. FBG scoring for IDPs too.

Got:

Joe Flacco

Jason Pierre-Paul

2014 1st rounder (probably 8-12)

Gave:

Matt Ryan

12 team dynasty, no PPR, Superflex league. Start:1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1 Superflex(QB-RB-WR-TE), 1 Flex (RB-WR-TE)3 DL, 4 LB, 3 DBFBG Scoring except passing TDs are worth 6 instead of 4. FBG scoring for IDPs too.Got:Joe FlaccoJason Pierre-Paul1.102.062014 1st rounder (probably 8-12)Gave:Matt Ryan
Ryan by a substantial amount.

Oh and saying Newton is worth more than Newton in Dyno is just plain insane
I'm assuming you mean it is insane to take Newton over Rodgers, and I am fine with people thinking that - Rodgers is a stud and is safer. But...-Newton has the highest VBD over a 2 year span for a rookie/soph QB ever.

-2 top 5 finishes in two tries.

-Newton scored 27.5 points a game over the second half of the season, once the Panthers go their act together. (Rodgers: 25.06/gm)

-Newton's points per season average is higher than Rodgers', only using the seasons that Rodgers started.

I don't think there is anything wrong taking the safe route. But Newton has a potential that I don't think Rodgers does. At the QB spot, I am looking for upside, and Newton's is the highest right now, in my opinion.

I know most won't agree, but there is far too much going for Newton to call it insane.

start 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/1flex(any)/idp ppr

Team A gave up Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.04

Team B gave up Manning, Peyton DEN QB

Team B has Luck and Romo at QB.

Team A now has Peyton, Locker, Vick, Cutler at QB.

Can start a 2nd qb at flex.

I like the Newton side significantly more value-wise, but IMO this isn't off enough to really complain about. Rodgers' floor is much higher than is Cam's, and Wallace's value just took a massive hit. It's still uneven, but not worst-ever level.

I like the Newton side significantly more value-wise, but IMO this isn't off enough to really complain about. Rodgers' floor is much higher than is Cam's, and Wallace's value just took a massive hit. It's still uneven, but not worst-ever level.
This one is much worse:
PPR

Doug Martin, 2013 1.02, 2014 1st (1.08-1.12)

for

Roddy White, 2013 1.10, 2014 2nd (2.03-2.07)

12-team PPR Dynasty, no contracts, TEs get 1.5 PPR

Team A gives Jamaal Charles, Jared Cook

Team B gives Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller, Aaron Hernandez

Sounds like external evidence of collusion is the real problem. And that's poison.

Oh and saying Newton is worth more than Newton in Dyno is just plain insane
I'm assuming you mean it is insane to take Newton over Rodgers, and I am fine with people thinking that - Rodgers is a stud and is safer. But...-Newton has the highest VBD over a 2 year span for a rookie/soph QB ever.

-2 top 5 finishes in two tries.

-Newton scored 27.5 points a game over the second half of the season, once the Panthers go their act together. (Rodgers: 25.06/gm)

-Newton's points per season average is higher than Rodgers', only using the seasons that Rodgers started.

I don't think there is anything wrong taking the safe route. But Newton has a potential that I don't think Rodgers does. At the QB spot, I am looking for upside, and Newton's is the highest right now, in my opinion.

I know most won't agree, but there is far too much going for Newton to call it insane.
yes, thats what I meant

12-team PPR Dynasty, no contracts, TEs get 1.5 PPRTeam A gives Jamaal Charles, Jared CookTeam B gives Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller, Aaron Hernandez
I thought this was a blockbuster, myself. I favour the Charles side, with Miller unproven and in Miami, Bush a bit older. The real wildcard in the deal is Cook...who obviously I like, if I favour that side.

12 team dynasty, no PPR, Superflex league. Start:1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1 Superflex(QB-RB-WR-TE), 1 Flex (RB-WR-TE)3 DL, 4 LB, 3 DBFBG Scoring except passing TDs are worth 6 instead of 4. FBG scoring for IDPs too.Got:Joe FlaccoJason Pierre-Paul1.102.062014 1st rounder (probably 8-12)Gave:Matt Ryan
Ryan by a substantial amount.
And I think the opposite. Great value in getting s slightly less QB. JPP could be huge and some nice picks.

12-team PPR Dynasty, no contracts, TEs get 1.5 PPRTeam A gives Jamaal Charles, Jared CookTeam B gives Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller, Aaron Hernandez
I thought this was a blockbuster, myself. I favour the Charles side, with Miller unproven and in Miami, Bush a bit older. The real wildcard in the deal is Cook...who obviously I like, if I favour that side.
I got the opposite here. Hernandez at 1.5 is best player in the deal and worth more than Charles. Bush and Miller for Cook is sweet gravy.

Assuming you must start 1 TE and can flex one, this is very close, but I'd take the Hernandez side. Hernandez has a valid argument for being worth as much as Charles in this format. And I'd take Bush/Miller over Cook, despite the 1.5 PPR.

:goodposting:

I got the opposite here. Hernandez at 1.5 is best player in the deal and worth more than Charles. Bush and Miller for Cook is sweet gravy.
I agree. I don't think its particularly close myself. This trade was completed after the Welker deal?

This is a MOX league? I'm in 3 of them myself. Pretty much a slam dunk in my mind that Phenix is mistaken.

You guys are nuts if you think this is even close. At worst this is a slight downgrade at QB for a top 15 WR, a top 5 TE and an early 2nd.

I was just offered the #1 overall rookie pick for Amendola - is this a no brainier accept?
This thread is for completed trades only, not trade offers. And there is a Amendola value thread that was started today or you can go to the AC forum.

You guys are nuts if you think this is even close. At worst this is a slight downgrade at QB for a top 15 WR, a top 5 TE and an early 2nd.
I didn't see anyone saying it was close, just that it was not likely collusion.

This is a MOX league? I'm in 3 of them myself. Pretty much a slam dunk in my mind that Phenix is mistaken.
It is not a MOX league, and no I am not mistaken.Horrible deal, that has all sorts of collusion over it.

It's almost impossible to prove collusion, but this stinks of it. I'd like to hear the team trading for Rodgers try to justify it.

It's almost impossible to prove collusion, but this stinks of it. I'd like to hear the team trading for Rodgers try to justify it.
I'm in this league and have never even gotten a trade response from Taint after offering several tades. He simply doesnt check in. Both the commish (who was other other side of this trade) and Phonix know this guy personally and are, ironicly, the only teams that have traded with him. Do I think it's collusion, no.. Do I think they see him out drinking and trade talk, yes. He shouldnt be in the league as it gives unfair advantage to 2 teams in the league. That is all, back to the trades..

It is not a MOX league, and no I am not mistaken.Horrible deal, that has all sorts of collusion over it.
Ah, ok, BSS' post made it clear that he was familiar with this league and then referenced MOX leagues immediately after. Never mind then.

16 team PPR dynasty/IDP

Lord Humungus and the Dogs of War gave up:

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.02

Little Big Head gave up:

Johnson, Calvin DET WR

Riley, Perry WAS LB

Year 2014 Round 4 Draft Pick from Little Big Head

I'm in this league and have never even gotten a trade response from Taint after offering several tades. He simply doesnt check in. Both the commish (who was other other side of this trade) and Phonix know this guy personally and are, ironicly, the only teams that have traded with him. Do I think it's collusion, no.. Do I think they see him out drinking and trade talk, yes. He shouldnt be in the league as it gives unfair advantage to 2 teams in the league. That is all, back to the trades..
this league is very unique. Quiet frankly I havent seen anything like it. almsot every single owner is checking in and making deals. Lots of deals. Lots of deals can be lopsided. I simply referenced MOX because, those leagues are dead right now, and a certain owners inactivity/lack of checking in right now means nothing. Hell I been sending offers out in the 4 MOX leagues Im in an i just basically revoke them or dont bother anymore because people dont respond.

this league is very unique. Quiet frankly I havent seen anything like it. almsot every single owner is checking in and making deals. Lots of deals. Lots of deals can be lopsided. I simply referenced MOX because, those leagues are dead right now, and a certain owners inactivity/lack of checking in right now means nothing. Hell I been sending offers out in the 4 MOX leagues Im in an i just basically revoke them or dont bother anymore because people dont respond.
I recall someone getting a trade vetoed in a MOX, because a new owner did not understand the value. LMFAO In a MOX startup years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread