What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (3 Viewers)

12 team IDP+PPR dynasty league:Team A TradesJay CutlerSteven JacksonTeam B TradesMatt Ryan
I'm not high on investing too much on a QB in the current market. But like Ryan here. Cutler is just a throw in at this point, and even if I had another quality starter, I'd need quite a bit more than Jackson for Ryan.
Thanks for your 2 cents. I really wanted an upgrade to Big Ben/Cutler and the other team was starving for a starting RB since he had no viable starters. Felt like Ryan was a dynasty upgrade for me without giving up too much since SJax was my RB3/4

12 team, 24 roster, 1/2 point PPR for WR/TE only (not RB).

I gave:

Freeman, Josh TBB QB

Jackson, Steven ATL RB

Hankerson, Leonard WAS WR

Rice, Sidney SEA WR

I got:

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB

Carter, Delone IND RB

Garcon, Pierre WAS WR

Streater, Rod OAK WR

Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.09

Notes: Carter was a just a throw in. I was overstocked at RB (also have ADP/Gerhart, Morris, Forte, Sproles) and weak at WR (two best prior to trade were Vincent Jackson and Kendall Wright). Also own RG3.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team, 24 roster, 1/2 point PPR for WR/TE only (not RB).I gave:Freeman, Josh TBB QBJackson, Steven ATL RBHankerson, Leonard WAS WRRice, Sidney SEA WRI got:Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QBCarter, Delone IND RBGarcon, Pierre WAS WRStreater, Rod OAK WRYear 2013 Draft Pick 3.09Notes: Carter was a just a throw in. I was overstocked at RB (also have ADP/Gerhart, Morris, Forte, Sproles) and weak at WR (two best prior to trade were Vincent Jackson and Kendall Wright). Also own RG3.
I definitely like that for you getting Garcon without giving up much in my opinion

12 team, 24 roster, 1/2 point PPR for WR/TE only (not RB).I gave:Freeman, Josh TBB QBJackson, Steven ATL RBHankerson, Leonard WAS WRRice, Sidney SEA WRI got:Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QBCarter, Delone IND RBGarcon, Pierre WAS WRStreater, Rod OAK WRYear 2013 Draft Pick 3.09Notes: Carter was a just a throw in. I was overstocked at RB (also have ADP/Gerhart, Morris, Forte, Sproles) and weak at WR (two best prior to trade were Vincent Jackson and Kendall Wright). Also own RG3.
For your roster, I like the move. I would have felt better about it if you were able to keep Rice out of it. But Garcon is the best part in the deal.

I definitely like that for you getting Garcon without giving up much in my opinion
really? Steven Jackson could very well have 2 mosnter seasons in ATL. I think Freeman>BigBen in FF. garcon>>s.ricewhile you might have been set at RB, I think you undersold Sjax

I'm wondering how people are valuing top rookie picks this year. The consensus seems to be that this class lacks elite talent, but is relatively deep in terms of starters, especially at WR. Does this make high picks easier to acquire?

Also, when dealing a pick like the 1.01, is it as simple as comparing your top rated rookie (the consensus seems to be Lacey) with the player you get in return or are their other considerations? I ask because normally I'd prefer hoarding high draft picks, but this year it seems to be a wide range of opinions on those picks. It seems worth dangling those high draft picks to see what you could get. What level player are you looking for if you're giving up a top 3 rookie pick? A mid-first rookie pick? Late-first? (And, I guess the essence of this question is, does this change drastically from year to year given the class?)

12 team, 24 roster, 1/2 point PPR for WR/TE only (not RB).

I gave:

Freeman, Josh TBB QB

Jackson, Steven ATL RB

Hankerson, Leonard WAS WR

Rice, Sidney SEA WR

I got:

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB

Carter, Delone IND RB

Garcon, Pierre WAS WR

Streater, Rod OAK WR

Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.09

Notes: Carter was a just a throw in. I was overstocked at RB (also have ADP/Gerhart, Morris, Forte, Sproles) and weak at WR (two best prior to trade were Vincent Jackson and Kendall Wright). Also own RG3.
really? Steven Jackson could very well have 2 mosnter seasons in ATL. I think Freeman>BigBen in FF.

garcon>>s.rice

while you might have been set at RB, I think you undersold Sjax
Possibly. I tried shopping SJax for a draft pick and had been turned down for the 1.02 and 1.03. Also, I had Garcon targeted as I like a QB/WR combo from the same team.

I'm wondering how people are valuing top rookie picks this year. The consensus seems to be that this class lacks elite talent, but is relatively deep in terms of starters, especially at WR. Does this make high picks easier to acquire? Also, when dealing a pick like the 1.01, is it as simple as comparing your top rated rookie (the consensus seems to be Lacey) with the player you get in return or are their other considerations? I ask because normally I'd prefer hoarding high draft picks, but this year it seems to be a wide range of opinions on those picks. It seems worth dangling those high draft picks to see what you could get. What level player are you looking for if you're giving up a top 3 rookie pick? A mid-first rookie pick? Late-first? (And, I guess the essence of this question is, does this change drastically from year to year given the class?)
I just went over this in one over-active league I am in here is basically what the top picks got traded for:1.01 - Ryan mathews & cecil shorts 1.02 - jeremy maclin & a 2nd rounder1.03 - greg jenningsto me the discounts are build into this class at the topThe past couple of seasons especially 2012 draft there is no way you could get any of those picks at these prices

For your roster, I like the move. I would have felt better about it if you were able to keep Rice out of it. But Garcon is the best part in the deal.
We negotiated for a couple of hours tweaking this and I couldn't have done the deal without including Rice. But, Streater has also been an offseason acquisition target for me - and I honestly like him better than Rice.

not involved. qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/flex/flex ppr 12 teams

Team A gave up Amendola, Danny NEP WR;Givens, Chris STL WR

Team B gave up Bush, Michael CHI RB; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.01;Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.08

not involved. qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/flex/flex ppr 12 teamsTeam A gave up Amendola, Danny NEP WR;Givens, Chris STL WRTeam B gave up Bush, Michael CHI RB; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.01;Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.08
People are going crazy over a 28 yo receiver who has stayed healthy one season.

not involved. qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/flex/flex ppr 12 teamsTeam A gave up Amendola, Danny NEP WR;Givens, Chris STL WRTeam B gave up Bush, Michael CHI RB; Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.01;Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.08
People are going crazy over a 28 yo receiver who has stayed healthy one season.
Givens isn't exactly chopped liver. He had a great rookie year and has some of the traits of a breakout star. Still wouldn't give up the 1.01 for that package. Gotta think you can get something better for the top pick.

'veto87 said:
This may not be the spot ( maybe Assistant Coach Forum ) but figure I'd throw this out there since it involves Dynasty Trading.
Not to be a jerk, but this really should go in the AC. If questions like this are answered in this thread, they will keep on coming. And that's not what the thread is for.I'll shoot you a PM with my thoughts.

'Banemorth said:
Two in the same league. PPR. Start 19 Full IDPGive:Percy Harvin, 1.11Get:Mike Wallace, Julian Edelman, Aaron Hernandez, 2.09, 4.12ThenGive:Mike Wallace, 2.11Get:Victor Cruz
That's a great day of trading for you. Well done
Thanks. It really helped my position. Went from Harvin to Cruz, a wash in my mind, and from Scott Chandler to Aaron Hernandez, night and day huge upgrade.Lost some draft spots but gained depth with Edelman. Pretty happy with the way it worked out.
Same league new day.I Give:Rice, Ray BAL RBBess, Davone MIA WRHolmes, Santonio NYJ WRYear 2013 Draft Pick 4.11Year 2013 Draft Pick 4.12Year 2013 Draft Pick 5.11Year 2013 Draft Pick 6.11I Get:Johnson, Chris TEN RBWright, Kendall TEN WRYear 2013 Draft Pick 1.03Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.12So this is the final outcome. Gave: Percy HarvinRay RiceSantonio HolmesDavone Bess1.112.114.115.116.11Got:Victor CruzChris JohnsonAaron HernandezKendall WrightJulian Edelman1.032.092.12
I thought I was done but I did one moreI Gave:James JonesChris JohnsonI Got:Trent RichardsonMelvin Ingram LBThat's four trades in three days totaling:Gave: Percy HarvinRay RiceSantonio HolmesDavone BessJames Jones1.112.114.115.116.11Got:Victor CruzTrent RichardsonAaron HernandezKendall WrightJulian EdelmanMelvin Ingram1.032.092.12

That's four trades in three days totaling:Gave: Percy HarvinRay RiceSantonio HolmesDavone BessJames Jones1.112.114.115.116.11Got:Victor CruzTrent RichardsonAaron HernandezKendall WrightJulian EdelmanMelvin Ingram1.032.092.12
Well done. If you had only gotten Cruz,Trent, and Hernandez you would have done very well for yourself.

'Banemorth said:
Two in the same league. PPR. Start 19 Full IDPGive:Percy Harvin, 1.11Get:Mike Wallace, Julian Edelman, Aaron Hernandez, 2.09, 4.12ThenGive:Mike Wallace, 2.11Get:Victor Cruz
That's a great day of trading for you. Well done
Thanks. It really helped my position. Went from Harvin to Cruz, a wash in my mind, and from Scott Chandler to Aaron Hernandez, night and day huge upgrade.Lost some draft spots but gained depth with Edelman. Pretty happy with the way it worked out.
Same league new day.I Give:Rice, Ray BAL RBBess, Davone MIA WRHolmes, Santonio NYJ WRYear 2013 Draft Pick 4.11Year 2013 Draft Pick 4.12Year 2013 Draft Pick 5.11Year 2013 Draft Pick 6.11I Get:Johnson, Chris TEN RBWright, Kendall TEN WRYear 2013 Draft Pick 1.03Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.12So this is the final outcome. Gave: Percy HarvinRay RiceSantonio HolmesDavone Bess1.112.114.115.116.11Got:Victor CruzChris JohnsonAaron HernandezKendall WrightJulian Edelman1.032.092.12
I thought I was done but I did one moreI Gave:James JonesChris JohnsonI Got:Trent RichardsonMelvin Ingram LBThat's four trades in three days totaling:Gave: Percy HarvinRay RiceSantonio HolmesDavone BessJames Jones1.112.114.115.116.11Got:Victor CruzTrent RichardsonAaron HernandezKendall WrightJulian EdelmanMelvin Ingram1.032.092.12
There are times where this thread is useful in determining player value. This is not one of those times.

'veto87 said:
This may not be the spot ( maybe Assistant Coach Forum ) but figure I'd throw this out there since it involves Dynasty Trading.
Not to be a jerk, but this really should go in the AC. If questions like this are answered in this thread, they will keep on coming. And that's not what the thread is for.I'll shoot you a PM with my thoughts.
Thanks , Moved it to the AC , and thanks for the PM , Appreciated

14 Team Dynasty with Devy Players

1PPR for RB/WR -- 1.5 PPR for TE

Team A got:

Manning, Eli NYG QB

Wells, Beanie FA* RB

Smith, Torrey BAL WR

Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick

Team B got:

Ryan, Matt ATL QB

LaFell, Brandon CAR WR

Tate, Golden SEA WR

14 Team Dynasty with Devy Players1PPR for RB/WR -- 1.5 PPR for TETeam A got:Manning, Eli NYG QBWells, Beanie FA* RBSmith, Torrey BAL WRYear 2014 Round 2 Draft PickTeam B got:Ryan, Matt ATL QBLaFell, Brandon CAR WRTate, Golden SEA WR
Seems like a lot to pay for Matty Ice.

14 Team Dynasty with Devy Players1PPR for RB/WR -- 1.5 PPR for TETeam A got:Manning, Eli NYG QBWells, Beanie FA* RBSmith, Torrey BAL WRYear 2014 Round 2 Draft PickTeam B got:Ryan, Matt ATL QBLaFell, Brandon CAR WRTate, Golden SEA WR
Ryan's value seems to be dropping to a reasonable price. I'd take Ryan here, the best player in the deal. Torrey is a WR2, maybe less in a PPR format. I have no problem treating Beanie and the future 2nd as throw ins.

Quite a one sided one just gone down in my 12 team non PPR league

Team A gave - J.Stewart, J.Graham, Sanu, Tolbert 1.06

Team B gave - McCoy, B.Brown, Garçon, Cook, 2.02

Team A is a serial trader and is prone to bad trades, think he's made out like a bandit here though

Trades I've recently completed in a 12 team startup dynasty. .5ppr RB, 1 ppr WR, 1.25 ppr TE. 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE

Let me know your thoughts! I'll start with the earliest trades first. the trades involving startup picks happened during the draft.

Gave:

Startup picks 7.12 and 10.06

Rookie 1.06 and 2.07

Got:

Luck

Startup 12.12

2013 Rookie 3rd round

Gave:

David Wilson

Garcon

VJax

2013 startup 8.06

2014 1st

Got:

T Rich

2013 startup 7.12

2014 Rookie 2nd round

Gave:

T Rich

Golden Tate

2 2014 rookie 2nds

Got:

Spiller

Garcon

2014 1st round rookie

Gave:

Spiller

Got:

AP'

Gave:

Amendola

2014 3rd

Got:

Jon Baldwin

2014 1st

Gave:

Goodson

Got:

Gonzo

Feel like I did pretty good, I kinda regret trading away T Rich, but I think I got pretty good value. I now have a core of Luck/Martin/AP/Gronk/Bowe/Garcon/Shorts, plus the 1.05, 1.10, and 2 2014 1sts. Thanks for reading! Any thoughts?

Like that you got Luck and got TRich, but then you flipped TRich to Spiller, but got some decent value for doing so. Then you messed that up by giving up that value to get AP.

Feel like I did pretty good, I kinda regret trading away T Rich, but I think I got pretty good value. I now have a core of Luck/Martin/AP/Gronk/Bowe/Garcon/Shorts, plus the 1.05, 1.10, and 2 2014 1sts. Thanks for reading! Any thoughts?
Without commenting on each trade, it looks like you did very well for yourself, if I am understanding everything correctly. But, the Spiller/AP trade is not something I would have done at all. You walked out of a 12 team startup with Luck/Martin/AP/Gronk/Bowe/Garcon/Shorts? That's about as well as you can do, considering that Gronk should easily be top 5 in this format.

'cstu said:
You raped him.
I think we can do without this. I actually think we should be able to say words like **** and #### in here, calling a trade "rape" makes me instantly respect you less. :offsoapbox:

Gave:Amendola2014 3rdGot:Jon Baldwin1.052014 1st
This Amendola stuff is getting ridiculous.
Was always going to happen though. In our league the Harvin owner offered him for Amendola, Vick Ballard and a mid 1st and got the reply that he thought Amendola was worth the same as Harvin.
Is there another player whose value is less certain? Guys (presumably non-owners) saying they would sell for a late 1st. Others turning down Harvin for Dola +.

Yeah, I think I'm higher than most on AP in dynasty format...part of that might be because I'm a Vikings fan :bye: But I just don't totally believe in Spiller, there's only a 2 year age difference between the two. And yes, I know AP has WAY more carries. I guess I'm just a believe in the fact that AP is a freak of nature. I'm expecting a solid 3 years at the minimum of stud RB production. If worse comes to worse and I'm not in contention, I can probably flip him to a contending team and get good value.

As far as Amendola, I had a guy approach me offering up his 2013 1.08 for Dola the day before he signed with NE...I had an inkling he might sign, with NE, so I held out. Next day, Dola signs, and I end up getting great value. I was pleased with it! After all these trades, my starting lineup is:

Luck

Martin, AP

Bowe, Garcon, Shorts, Hartline

Gronk, Gonzo

Seahawks D

People just automatically think any WR going to NE is going to produce big.
This is Brandon Lloyd part 2. People thought Lloyd would come in and put up Moss lite type numbers and now people think Amendola will just step in and produce like Welker did. The problem is that Lloyd isn't Moss and Amendola isn't Welker.

Was always going to happen though. In our league the Harvin owner offered him for Amendola, Vick Ballard and a mid 1st and got the reply that he thought Amendola was worth the same as Harvin.
Is there another player whose value is less certain? Guys (presumably non-owners) saying they would sell for a late 1st. Others turning down Harvin for Dola +.
It seems like there a quite a few non-owners who value him extremely high - enough to do these silly trades.

'cstu said:
You raped him.
I think we can do without this. I actually think we should be able to say words like **** and #### in here, calling a trade "rape" makes me instantly respect you less. :offsoapbox:
I didn't realize I was offending anyone, I'll avoid it in the future. He clearly knew what he was doing with that trade while trying to defend it.

'cstu said:
You raped him.
I didn't realize I was offending anyone, I'll avoid it in the future. He clearly knew what he was doing with that trade while trying to defend it.
Genuine thanks. I bothered to say something because you seem like a reasonable person. You proved me right.

just saw this in a 12 team ppr start 2RB/3WR/TE and can flex any

Amendola for 1.03 Rookie

this trade will be full blown "meta" when NE takes Hunter in the 1st and the 1.03 is used on him

Not trying to defend it just trying to say that I see his logic. The Titans have beefed up their O-Line too. Not going to get much done through the air with Locker.

Anyway just did this one. Same league.

I give:

Young, Titus FA WR

Miller, Zach SEA TE

Year 2013 Draft Pick 4.04

I get:

Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.08

I was going to cut Young anyway. So Miller to jump from the 4.04 to the 2.08. In an IDP league that's pretty significant. Have Olsen/Hernandez/Chandler at TE so I'm set there.

just saw this in a 12 team ppr start 2RB/3WR/TE and can flex anyAmendola for 1.03 Rookiethis trade will be full blown "meta" when NE takes Hunter in the 1st and the 1.03 is used on him
I just traded pick 3 for Amendola in a 12 team PPR dynasty.Within minutes had a couple owners ask me what I want for Amendola

just saw this in a 12 team ppr start 2RB/3WR/TE and can flex anyAmendola for 1.03 Rookiethis trade will be full blown "meta" when NE takes Hunter in the 1st and the 1.03 is used on him
I just traded pick 3 for Amendola in a 12 team PPR dynasty.Within minutes had a couple owners ask me what I want for Amendola
Crazy. What's your game plan?
I have no idea. Sadly Amendola is probably my #1 WR ahead of Britt, Maclin, Stevie Johnson, and Gordon

Not trying to defend it just trying to say that I see his logic. The Titans have beefed up their O-Line too. Not going to get much done through the air with Locker.Anyway just did this one. Same league.I give:Young, Titus FA WRMiller, Zach SEA TEYear 2013 Draft Pick 4.04I get:Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.08I was going to cut Young anyway. So Miller to jump from the 4.04 to the 2.08. In an IDP league that's pretty significant. Have Olsen/Hernandez/Chandler at TE so I'm set there.
Looks like you got the 2.08 for free.

traded 2 2014 1sts and 3.01 for Jordy Nelson and 5.08. Hopefully one of the picks ends up being late since it is mine.

12 team PPR:

my starting line-up:

QB: RGIII

RB: TRich, Ridley

WR: Nicks, Jordy, Jennings, and Greg Little or Denarious Moore or Josh Gordon

TE: Finley or OD

Users who are viewing this thread