What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (5 Viewers)

This is pretty much my argument. Its a top-heavy roster that just lost AHern and has the Gronk injury worrying me as well, so I could use the depth/picks. But I basically said I'm not dealing Trent for just those picks and prospects that I wouldn't feel comfortable putting in my lineup. I need either David Wilson or Lamar Miller plus.

With this roster, I might take a deal like the one you offered, though I'd look for a more reliable, but maybe less valued, WR in there than Maclin/Gordon. But it would seriously get me thinking because it would work better for my roster. I'm guessing the guy you offered it to could survive without those extra pieces.
Yeah he can survive. He has Brees, Richardson, Martin, Demarius Thomas, and Gronk. He doesn't have a lot of WR depth though.

He did say I could get Richardson for Morris, Maclin, Gordon, and a projected late 2014 1st.........I can't do that.

He paid a lot less to GET Richardson, also. Not that that matters to him at all, just sayin. He paid Sproles and Decker. Ouch for the other guy.
Yeah, that's a lot of potential to give up for Trent. I love him, but he does have his injury risks. But I could see someone with the depth to pull it off, who covets trent, to just say #### it and throw in both Maclin and Gordon to get it done, and hope for the rest of their careers that Gordon keeps being a moron and Maclin never reaches his potential. haha

What would you think about a similar deal for Trent, but involving Wilson or Miller as the main piece coming back? I'm struggling trying to decide how much value needs to be added to make that a worthwhile dropoff. Both guys have loads of potential, with Wilson being in a different tier than Miller for me, but Trent is already elite and almost as young.

Trent for both Wilson and Miller :yes:

Yes getting one of them plus more would be nice. Like a decent playable young WR and/or picks.

Wilson (or miller) and a couple 1sts.

And just a quick thought on our Forte deal. Let's say for example the three picks we got end up being picks 2, 7, and 10. COuld you get those three picks for Forte in THIS year's lesser draft class?? Not likely. I don't see too many people trading picks 2,7, and 10 this year to get Forte.

Now let's factor in Forte a year older next season, and the 2014 draft "should" be a better draft, especially at the top, than this year.

Let's say one year from today you offer someone Forte for picks 2,7,10. It's simply not happening, at all. I don't care if Forte has a great year or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes getting one of them plus more would be nice. Like a decent playable young WR and/or picks.

And just a quick thought on our Forte deal. Let's say for example the three picks we got end up being picks 2, 7, and 10. COuld you get those three picks for Forte in THIS year's lesser draft class?? Not likely. I don't see too many people trading picks 2,7, and 10 this year to get Forte.

Now let's factor in Forte a year older next season, and the 2014 draft "should" be a better draft, especially at the top, than this year.

Let's say one year from today you offer someone Forte for picks 2,7,10. It's simply not happening, at all. I don't care if Forte has a great year or not.
That was too much for Forte - I thought I gave up a lot when I sent Vincent Brown, the 2.04 and my 2014 1st for Forte. I think he has 2-3 more low RB1 years left but he's not a stud who is going to carry your team. Next year looks like a good draft at the top so if a couple of those picks are high it could end up a great trade for the guy who moved Forte.

That was too much for Forte - I thought I gave up a lot when I sent Vincent Brown, the 2.04 and my 2014 1st for Forte. I think he has 2-3 more low RB1 years left but he's not a stud who is going to carry your team. Next year looks like a good draft at the top so if a couple of those picks are high it could end up a great trade for the guy who moved Forte.
You got Forte as cheap as possible. Ouch for the other guy.

Was looking back at one 12 team PPR league where I was blessed to have a VERY loaded team, but made some "risky" trades considering the strength of my team, and wanted to get thoughts of the new roster heading into this year.

Original roster after 2011 season (team was 11-2 after regular season)

Cam, Bradford, Palmer

Ray Rice, Richardson, Martin, Forte, J. Rodgers

AJG, Julio, Nicks, Moore, Jon Baldin, Hankerson, Hawkins

Hernandez, Greshem

Trade #1

Gave: Forte, 3.10 (became Kerwynn Williams)

Got: Cobb, 1.10 (became Lattimore)

Trade #2

Gave: J. Roders, D. Moore

Got: V-Jax

Trade #3

Gave: Ray Rice, V-Jax

Got: 1.1, 1.2, 1.9, 1.12 (became Bernard, Austin, Hunter, Eifert)

Trade #4

Gave: Hankerson

Got: E. Sanders

Trade #5

Gave: Nicks, Gresham

Got: Morris, F. Davis

Current Roster:

Newton, Bradford, Palmer

Richardson, Martin, Morris, Bernard, Lattimore

AJG, Julio, Cobb, Austin, Hunter, Sanders, Jon Baldwin, Hawkins

Hernandez :unsure: , Eifert, F.Davis

I probably went to far trading in some of these deals, but feel like Morris, Bernard, and Lattimore will hopefully trump Ray Rice and Forte, if not short term, long term. I also hope Cobb, Austin, and Hunter will trump Nicks and Moore. And with Hernandez's trouble getting F. Davis and Eifert could end up pretty big to this team.

Should I have left well alone or new team better (short or long term?)

My: Alfred Morris and 2014 1st (late), 2nd (early), 3rd (late)

for

His: Trent Richardson
This is a nice trade, and I can see where both teams would come out of this one happy.
That is getting Trent at a nice price. I am trying to do a morris for richsrdson deal that is giving up the same, but I have to give maclin and Gordon on top of morris and a 1st.

Easily Richardson side here for me

Regarding the above Steven Jackson deal both teams in the same division fighting to be the 5tg or 6th team to sneak in as a wildcard

for

This is a nice trade, and I can see where both teams would come out of this one happy.
Something tells me the guy dealing Trent will not be happy with this one
I dont understand the love for Trent Richardson. Morris looked like the better RB last year and it wasnt close. Throw in the first and this is an even trade.

for

I dont understand the love for Trent Richardson. Morris looked like the better RB last year and it wasnt close. Throw in the first and this is an even trade.
Took people awhile to admit Reggie Bush wasn't near his college hype levels too. Trent is all about youth right now. Another year of regular stats and he won't be bound for Canton anymore.

for

Was Morris playing with broken ribs?

I've gotta give Alf some credit for a huge rookie year. He definitely has some talent, but I think the Shanahan/RG3 factor works in his favor as well.

I still think Trent is a better back. What really sets him apart in PPR terms is his pass catching skills. Morris rushed for a billion yards last year and still didn't have a dominant ppg average because he doesn't catch the ball. If Trent can maintain his reception numbers and get better running the ball, he will outscore him by a good bit.

[SIZE=medium]Los Angeles[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] gave up:
Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.04
Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.07
Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.04
Year 2014 Round 3 Draft Pick from Harlem
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Tennessee[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] gave up:
Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.02
Year 2013 Draft Pick 4.07
Year 2013 Draft Pick 6.10
Year 2014 Round 5 Draft Pick from Tennessee
Year 2014 Round 6 Draft Pick from Tennessee
Year 2014 Round 7 Draft Pick from Tennessee
Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from Tennessee
Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from Tennessee
Year 2015 Round 4 Draft Pick from Tennessee
Year 2015 Round 5 Draft Pick from Tennessee
Year 2015 Round 6 Draft Pick from Tennessee
Year 2015 Round 7 Draft Pick from Tennessee
[/SIZE]

for

Was Morris playing with broken ribs?

I've gotta give Alf some credit for a huge rookie year. He definitely has some talent, but I think the Shanahan/RG3 factor works in his favor as well.

I still think Trent is a better back. What really sets him apart in PPR terms is his pass catching skills. Morris rushed for a billion yards last year and still didn't have a dominant ppg average because he doesn't catch the ball. If Trent can maintain his reception numbers and get better running the ball, he will outscore him by a good bit.
Exactly. Morris has RG3/Shanahan and Trent has Weeden/CLE organization that doesn't know how to get out of its own way. I will put my chips on the guy running the ball with a franchise QB and a Hall of Fame coach. Trent may be younger and have a bit more talent, but Morris did not look like a slouch and has a much better environment to thrive. Also with an emphasis on protecting RG3 I would not be shocked to see an uptick in receptions from Morris.

Exactly. Morris has RG3/Shanahan and Trent has Weeden/CLE organization that doesn't know how to get out of its own way. I will put my chips on the guy running the ball with a franchise QB and a Hall of Fame coach. Trent may be younger and have a bit more talent, but Morris did not look like a slouch and has a much better environment to thrive. Also with an emphasis on protecting RG3 I would not be shocked to see an uptick in receptions from Morris.
I don't think we've seen Trent's best yet and I'd caution against selling him while there are still a lot of people who think he's just draft hype. If he stays healthy he will churn out top 10 seasons.

Morris had a great rookie year, but he rushed for 1500+ yards and Trent still scored on par with him in PPR formats despite broken ribs and a putrid YPC. I think that tells you all you need to know about their upside. I really don't advocate trading Trent Richardson if you're lucky enough to own him anywhere. Injuries are the only thing that will keep him from a great career.

Josh Gordon + 2014 FIRST + 2015 FIRST

FOR

Tavon Austin
Steep price for Austin IMO. Even with his legal troubles, Gordon might still command a random first round rookie pick on his own. Add in two additional first rounders and that's a lot to give up for Tavon.

FOR

Tavon Austin
Steep price for Austin IMO. Even with his legal troubles, Gordon might still command a random first round rookie pick on his own. Add in two additional first rounders and that's a lot to give up for Tavon.
Agreed. I was the one trading away Austin. I hadn't planned on trading him, but this offer was too rich to pass up. I like Austin just a little more than Gordon. Even if Gordon is kicked out of the league in 2 years, I still have two chances to outdo Austin with the picks. Plus my other WR's are Green, Dez, Harvin, Cobb, and Patterson. I did well with some trades in this 12 team PPR league.

I still have two chances to outdo Austin with the picks.
:yes:

I always try to keep my future first rounders. I never know who exactly I'm going to want to draft 1-2 years down the line, but inevitably I find a few players in every draft class that I'd be loathe to miss out on. When you put a face to those faceless 2014 and 2015 picks, I suspect you will feel pretty good about this trade in hindsight.

I don't think we've seen Trent's best yet and I'd caution against selling him while there are still a lot of people who think he's just draft hype. If he stays healthy he will churn out top 10 seasons.

Morris had a great rookie year, but he rushed for 1500+ yards and Trent still scored on par with him in PPR formats despite broken ribs and a putrid YPC. I think that tells you all you need to know about their upside. I really don't advocate trading Trent Richardson if you're lucky enough to own him anywhere. Injuries are the only thing that will keep him from a great career.
I agree, in PPR format Trent is much better.

Heading into week 17 last year Richardson actually had like 40+ more points than Morris. Richardson sat out, and Morris busted loose a crazy 40 point week 17 game against a team out of the playoff hunt (dallas I believe).

So Morris had a "great" year, Richardson looked "pedestrian", and he still scored more than Morris.

I agree we have not seen the best from Richardson. He missed all of training camp last year, then did play hurt all season. I like Morris enough to start him every week on any team, just not as much as Richardson. He is almost 3 years older than Richardson also, for whatever thats worth.

Not involved:

Team that had Flacco and Kaepernick

traded:

Peyton Manning

for Donald Jones and 1.8

Team that had 1.8 was rebuilding, not sure why he took on Peyton.

Not involved:

Team that had Flacco and Kaepernick

traded:

Peyton Manning

for Donald Jones and 1.8

Team that had 1.8 was rebuilding, not sure why he took on Peyton.
If I was rebuilding I would take that in a second. Then I would flip manning in season for a prospect and a 2014 first.

FOR

Tavon Austin
Austin owner and I wouldn't do this. He will do enough in his rookie season to command a better price than that come next year IMO.
Nothing short of a Chris Johnson or Anquan Boldin kind of rookie season will justify three first round picks.
I like Gordon's talent but I mustn't be as high on him as you guys, slight concerns over some of the personal issues but I'm not convinced Cleaveland has enough at WR to sufficiently draw coverage away from Gordon week in week out.

I think Austin is going to shine in what looks to be a very dynamic Rams offense and am buying him to make an impact this season. I'm not saying it's a terrible trade or anything, but I don't think I'd be giving up Austin for that.

Users who are viewing this thread