What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (2 Viewers)

Gave 2014 1.10

Received 2015 1st and 2nd Likely top 3 pick.

I'm not sure if I'm rebuilding or not. The player i love late in the first this year will likely be gone so I figured I'd trade for a Gurley lotto ticket. I'll dump some more assets if i start off slow.

JonB86 said:
Superflex QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1 Superflex/1 Rb/Wr/Te flex

Gave 1.05, 4.02

Received 1.08, 2.06, 3.03

It's the inaugral year so rookie draft isn't watered down by devys
1.05 probably a shot at a QB. If I didn't need one I might happily make this deal to pick up some decent picks in a superflex.

If one of the top 3 QB's still fell to me at 1.08...bonus
My QBs are A.Rodg/Brees/Schaub with Mariota as my 1st rounder from the devy, so I'm happy with either a value QB choice or a nice skill position player drops to me!

Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, Tyler Eifert and Giovanni Bernard for the 1.01, 1.02, 1.04, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.14 and 2.04

16 team .5/1/1.5 ppr IDP

Last edited by a moderator:
Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, Tyler Eifert and Giovanni Bernard for the 1.01, 1.02, 1.04, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.14 and 2.04

16 team .5/1/1.5 ppr IDP
What NOT to do with elite and near-elite players.

Might work out but no idea why anyone would do this unless it is to prove they can.

16 team .5/1/1.5 ppr IDP
Very interesting deal. Should work for both sides but I will take Julio side
I'm the one who dealt Julio. Defense scoring is pretty high. 4 LBers scored more than Marshawn Lynch last year. Final deal ended up being:

Julio, Cobb, Eifert, Bernard, 2015 4th and 5th, Manti Teo for Watkins, Evans, Ebron, Cooks, Sankey, Kuechly, Curtis Lofton, Allen Robinson, a mid 2015 1st.

16 team .5/1/1.5 ppr IDP
I'm the one who dealt Julio. Defense scoring is pretty high. 4 LBers scored more than Marshawn Lynch last year. Final deal ended up being:Julio, Cobb, Eifert, Bernard, 2015 4th and 5th, Manti Teo for Watkins, Evans, Ebron, Cooks, Sankey, Kuechly, Curtis Lofton, Allen Robinson, a mid 2015 1st.
The main reason I don't like this trade is while I like the upside of a lot of these guys coming out this season? The odds are they won't all succeed. You traded 4 guys who are consensus top10 dynasty players at their positons for hope which is almost always a bad trade.

16 team .5/1/1.5 ppr IDP
I'm the one who dealt Julio. Defense scoring is pretty high. 4 LBers scored more than Marshawn Lynch last year. Final deal ended up being:Julio, Cobb, Eifert, Bernard, 2015 4th and 5th, Manti Teo for Watkins, Evans, Ebron, Cooks, Sankey, Kuechly, Curtis Lofton, Allen Robinson, a mid 2015 1st.
The main reason I don't like this trade is while I like the upside of a lot of these guys coming out this season? The odds are they won't all succeed. You traded 4 guys who are consensus top10 dynasty players at their positons for hope which is almost always a bad trade.
Eifert and Gio for Ebron and Sankey are a wash imo. I like Ebron a little better than Eifert and Gio a little better than Sankey. Remember Rbs are only at .5 ppr, Gio didn't break 200 points last season and with Hill i don;t expect him to. So for me it was Julio and Cobb for Watkins, Evans, Cook, Robinson, mid 2015 1st, Kuechly and Lofton. A risk absolutely but depth has killed me the last 2 years. I also still have Gronk, Harvin and Cord. Patterson on offense. And im aware it was a very bold move.

Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

Thought that value was just way too good.

Gave: Arian Foster

Received: Donald Brown, Coby Fleener, 2.10 & 2015 2nd

In a bit of a rebuilding mode. Saw the value in a young TE and adding some picks. Also own Matthews so I like having Brown for the break glass emergency. Foster will be too old by the time I'm ready to compete.
I'd probably keep both 2.03 and Arian. I feel like there's a drop off at 2.03 and feel happy if I get one of the last players at my 3rd tier there assuming it's a 12 team league. 2.06/2.08 is solid nonetheless, would just prefer the more solid option there then the lesser talented lotto tickets imo.Brown isn't anything worthwhile and I'm completely hopped off any Fleener bandwagon. I'd feel happy getting pretty much anything for him. Arian at the worst should go for a late first, especially to a team contending this year that might need a boost at RB. Feel like you vastly undersold.
Eh to each their own. I shopped Foster around and it was the best deal I got. If he starts a decline this year then that value plummets next season and I'd be dancing around my house to get the same deal. Also realize this league is 1-2 staying RBs and I have Lacy/Mathews and my recovers are really solid. So I can start an extra receiver instead of the 2nd RB. I'd much rather take the value of getting rid of foster before it's too late.As for the picks. There's tons of guys I'm liking later on. I personally feel like the drop off from 2.03-2.08 is negligible. I'd much rather have the other pick.
I don't think you got anything worthwhile for Foster, so I'd rather keep him. Late 2nd rounder, 3rd string RB, backup/maybe starting TE. Meh
2 second rounders a 2nd string RB and a backup/starting TE. Again it's to each their own.
Who did the guy pick at 2.3 after your trade?

Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

In a bit of a rebuilding mode. Saw the value in a young TE and adding some picks. Also own Matthews so I like having Brown for the break glass emergency. Foster will be too old by the time I'm ready to compete.
That's all Foster is worth now ? What a fall for a guy who was still being taken in the 1st round of startups last year

Traded Josh Gordon for the 2.03.

Could have gotten a little more in a separate trade, but had two out at the same time and this one went first. Glad to be rid of him.
The guy in my league wanted future 1st, 2.01, 3.09, $10 FA (out of $50) for him

Just sent a 2015 2nd rounder to my brother for the 3.01 and 3.09 picks. I like this year's depth a lot and I am thinking I'll probably get to add Devonta Freeman, Cody Latimer, or Allen Robinson at 21 and maybe Moncrief or Bryant at 29. Also might give me some flexibility to move up this year if somebody I love falls.

Where would you slot Ladarius Green in this draft. He's inexplicably unrostered in that league? Would you grab him over say a Moncrief or Latimer?

Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

That's all Foster is worth now ? What a fall for a guy who was still being taken in the 1st round of startups last year
He's probably worth a little bit more than that. And I love foster. I've owned him since his breakout season in multiple dynasties and redrafts. That said, this will be his age 28 season, in the past three seasons he's missed 11 games and he's criminally over used. And will likely be again this season. After this year I fully expect the tracks to fall off completely, and he may not even make it through this season. Look at Ray Rice for example.

So I'd rather get 90 cents on the dollar for him now while I'm rebuilding than 50 cents on the dollar next off-season. Especially considering I'm more or less writing this year off already.

Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

He's probably worth a little bit more than that. And I love foster. I've owned him since his breakout season in multiple dynasties and redrafts. That said, this will be his age 28 season, in the past three seasons he's missed 11 games and he's criminally over used. And will likely be again this season. After this year I fully expect the tracks to fall off completely, and he may not even make it through this season. Look at Ray Rice for example.

So I'd rather get 90 cents on the dollar for him now while I'm rebuilding than 50 cents on the dollar next off-season. Especially considering I'm more or less writing this year off already.
That seems more like 50 cents on the dollar than 90.

Traded Josh Gordon for the 2.03.

Could have gotten a little more in a separate trade, but had two out at the same time and this one went first. Glad to be rid of him.
The guy in my league wanted future 1st, 2.01, 3.09, $10 FA (out of $50) for him
Yeah, it's pretty variable. I offered him all the way down the first and got little interest in return. Probably should have just kept him but oh well.

Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

Have to agree here.

Foster may be older than some of those guys but he is the only useful one of any. I would have kept him and sold during the season if that was the best I could do.

FFPC dynasty

Traded:

TY Hilton

2015 3rd

For

1.08 (selected Jordan Matthews)

Greg Jennings.

Don't expect many to like my side but I'm just not sold on Hilton.

Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

I'd probably keep both 2.03 and Arian. I feel like there's a drop off at 2.03 and feel happy if I get one of the last players at my 3rd tier there assuming it's a 12 team league. 2.06/2.08 is solid nonetheless, would just prefer the more solid option there then the lesser talented lotto tickets imo.Brown isn't anything worthwhile and I'm completely hopped off any Fleener bandwagon. I'd feel happy getting pretty much anything for him. Arian at the worst should go for a late first, especially to a team contending this year that might need a boost at RB. Feel like you vastly undersold.
Eh to each their own. I shopped Foster around and it was the best deal I got. If he starts a decline this year then that value plummets next season and I'd be dancing around my house to get the same deal. Also realize this league is 1-2 staying RBs and I have Lacy/Mathews and my recovers are really solid. So I can start an extra receiver instead of the 2nd RB. I'd much rather take the value of getting rid of foster before it's too late.

As for the picks. There's tons of guys I'm liking later on. I personally feel like the drop off from 2.03-2.08 is negligible. I'd much rather have the other pick.
So you had Lacy, Foster, and Matthews, and you said your receivers are really solid, but your team isn't competitive?

Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

He's probably worth a little bit more than that. And I love foster. I've owned him since his breakout season in multiple dynasties and redrafts. That said, this will be his age 28 season, in the past three seasons he's missed 11 games and he's criminally over used. And will likely be again this season. After this year I fully expect the tracks to fall off completely, and he may not even make it through this season. Look at Ray Rice for example.So I'd rather get 90 cents on the dollar for him now while I'm rebuilding than 50 cents on the dollar next off-season. Especially considering I'm more or less writing this year off already.
Have to agree here.Foster may be older than some of those guys but he is the only useful one of any. I would have kept him and sold during the season if that was the best I could do.
I think 50 cents is generous. I'd say a dime at best. You said it yourself, that Arian will probably be overused this year. That's a good thing, just have to be patient and deal him in October or November. There will almost always be a buyer for a RB near the deadline. That's how you make deals and rebuild. I think it's absurd that people are sending someone as talented as Gordon for like late 2nds and such, Blackmon for 4ths. It's really awful selling players at their lowest value, especially when you spent so much. I'd rather keep a Blackmon and hope he turns it around that's 4th that's going to most likely end up on waivers anyways.

Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

He's probably worth a little bit more than that. And I love foster. I've owned him since his breakout season in multiple dynasties and redrafts. That said, this will be his age 28 season, in the past three seasons he's missed 11 games and he's criminally over used. And will likely be again this season. After this year I fully expect the tracks to fall off completely, and he may not even make it through this season. Look at Ray Rice for example.So I'd rather get 90 cents on the dollar for him now while I'm rebuilding than 50 cents on the dollar next off-season. Especially considering I'm more or less writing this year off already.
Have to agree here.Foster may be older than some of those guys but he is the only useful one of any. I would have kept him and sold during the season if that was the best I could do.
I think 50 cents is generous. I'd say a dime at best. You said it yourself, that Arian will probably be overused this year. That's a good thing, just have to be patient and deal him in October or November. There will almost always be a buyer for a RB near the deadline. That's how you make deals and rebuild.I think it's absurd that people are sending someone as talented as Gordon for like late 2nds and such, Blackmon for 4ths. It's really awful selling players at their lowest value, especially when you spent so much. I'd rather keep a Blackmon and hope he turns it around that's 4th that's going to most likely end up on waivers anyways.
Gordon i agree. Blackmon........... i think its a toss up whether he or Aaron Hernandez has a better chance of playing another down.

Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

Eh to each their own. I shopped Foster around and it was the best deal I got. If he starts a decline this year then that value plummets next season and I'd be dancing around my house to get the same deal. Also realize this league is 1-2 staying RBs and I have Lacy/Mathews and my recovers are really solid. So I can start an extra receiver instead of the 2nd RB. I'd much rather take the value of getting rid of foster before it's too late.As for the picks. There's tons of guys I'm liking later on. I personally feel like the drop off from 2.03-2.08 is negligible. I'd much rather have the other pick.
So you had Lacy, Foster, and Matthews, and you said your receivers are really solid, but your team isn't competitive?
It's a 2QB idp league I inherited this season. I have one starting QB which means I have to draft one and hope he works out. And fix my IDPs because they're awful. Before I can really be competitive.

Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

I think 50 cents is generous. I'd say a dime at best. You said it yourself, that Arian will probably be overused this year. That's a good thing, just have to be patient and deal him in October or November. There will almost always be a buyer for a RB near the deadline. That's how you make deals and rebuild.I think it's absurd that people are sending someone as talented as Gordon for like late 2nds and such, Blackmon for 4ths. It's really awful selling players at their lowest value, especially when you spent so much. I'd rather keep a Blackmon and hope he turns it around that's 4th that's going to most likely end up on waivers anyways.
Gordon i agree. Blackmon........... i think its a toss up whether he or Aaron Hernandez has a better chance of playing another down.
It is a holiday weekend so I am just going to assume you were drinking when you typed this.

Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

It is a holiday weekend so I am just going to assume you were drinking when you typed this.
ie he doesnt play again. clear now?

Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

Are you still drunk? I am saying you are out of your mind if you think Blackmon has the same or worse odds as Aaron Hernandez of ever playing in the league again.

There are 32 teams in the league that would give a recovered or recovering talented alcoholic a chance to play again, there are 0 teams that are going to give a murderer a chance (assuming he is convicted of something) if or when he gets out of jail.

Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

Are you still drunk? I am saying you are out of your mind if you think Blackmon has the same or worse odds as Aaron Hernandez of ever playing in the league again.

There are 32 teams in the league that would give a recovered or recovering talented alcoholic a chance to play again, there are 0 teams that are going to give a murderer a chance (assuming he is convicted of something) if or when he gets out of jail.
god....literal much? take a break from the message board and focus on something truly serious.

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

It's a 2QB idp league I inherited this season. I have one starting QB which means I have to draft one and hope he works out. And fix my IDPs because they're awful. Before I can really be competitive.
Now wouldn't that info have been helpful to post. Makes 2.03 for 2.06/2.08 a clear cut win for you now.

Users who are viewing this thread