What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Closers, Closers in waiting, and Middle relief...... (1 Viewer)

Premier said:
Doctor Detroit said:
Frieri with a 135 ERA and 15 WHIP for the night :lmao:
Finally cut that sob. Gambling on boxberger
McGee with the save tonight.
Yeah and Boxberger got six outs facing five batters and 3ks. He has value in mixed leagues at this point and is definitely the best RH arm in that pen.
I love the guy. :shrug:

McGee is the best pitcher in that pen though and has been for some time.

Premier said:
Doctor Detroit said:
Yeah and Boxberger got six outs facing five batters and 3ks. He has value in mixed leagues at this point and is definitely the best RH arm in that pen.
I love the guy. :shrug:

McGee is the best pitcher in that pen though and has been for some time.
And he's a lefty. There is a reason the Rays spent for Balfour and why lefthanders aren't usually closers.

Premier said:
I love the guy. :shrug: McGee is the best pitcher in that pen though and has been for some time.
And he's a lefty. There is a reason the Rays spent for Balfour and why lefthanders aren't usually closers.
Box in for that 5th inning save now.

This exchange reminded me of another cranky dr d moment from earlier this year.

Bryan Shaw with the save tonight, I picked him up in Cake as soon as he got one out. :lmao:
Allen had pitched three of four and Axford had gone three in a row.
Axford sucks, he's not long for that job.
Allen is next in line if he gets replaced. Most around here want Axford out, but I think he should get more rope. He was fine after the early season implosion last year.
Update?
I dropped Doolittle for him, can't imagine I'll ever recover.
I told you so's usually come back to bite you.

This exchange reminded me of another cranky dr d moment from earlier this year.

Bryan Shaw with the save tonight, I picked him up in Cake as soon as he got one out. :lmao:
Allen had pitched three of four and Axford had gone three in a row.
Axford sucks, he's not long for that job.
Allen is next in line if he gets replaced. Most around here want Axford out, but I think he should get more rope. He was fine after the early season implosion last year.
Update?
I dropped Doolittle for him, can't imagine I'll ever recover.
I told you so's usually come back to bite you.
Every post you make reminds me what a ####### dooshbag you are. :shrug:

Premier said:
I love the guy. :shrug: McGee is the best pitcher in that pen though and has been for some time.
Where did I say Boxberger was the new closer? I clearly said he was a mixed league add and relayed Baseball HQ info.

Way to guess McGee would be the closer tonight Cappy, you're a sharp one.

Anything to see with Mujica? Feels like 50/50 these shoulder tightness issues become much bigger.
icant get the AL version of Mujica out of my head, if the shoulder issue turns into something significant I would bet on Tazawa sooner rather than later.
This seems reasonable and well thought out. 51 poor innings as a youngster in 2007-08 should totally be the deciding factor here. Double the bid on Tazawa.
siiiiighI am still adding Mjuica, but I am finding room for both if I can.

Or continue to twist what I say into whatever fits your narrative picking a fight no one else cares to read other than you.
There was really no other way to 'twist' it.
Sooner than later...

I admire how easy it is to rile you up though, Sir Crabby.
I'm surprised how you do this with RnR, Limpy, and others and then take offense. Cappy bumps a post and then you bump something from two months ago for no reason. I can bump all your bad predictions also, see how that works ####bird?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised how you do this with RnR, Limpy, and others and then take offense. Cappy bumps a post and then you bump something from two months ago for no reason. I can bump all your bad predictions also, see how that works ####bird?
You couldn't bump your genius Shaw call fast enough, but a nudge back and temper tantrum. Thicker skin would be good for you.

You couldn't bump your genius Shaw call fast enough, but a nudge back and temper tantrum.Thicker skin would be good for you.
A brain would be good for you. :bye:

Premier said:
Where did I say Boxberger was the new closer? I clearly said he was a mixed league add and relayed Baseball HQ info. Way to guess McGee would be the closer tonight Cappy, you're a sharp one.
Don't get pissy with me.

Doctor Detroit said:
Premier said:
Where did I say Boxberger was the new closer? I clearly said he was a mixed league add and relayed Baseball HQ info. Way to guess McGee would be the closer tonight Cappy, you're a sharp one.
Don't get pissy with me.
You and Mac 32 can take a bath together or something, ace.
Simmer down.

You seemed ripe for an implosion, looks like the timing was right,

Been sitting on that failed dr d I told you so for a while.

Thanks for playing.

I was just ####ing with Dr Seattle because we had this chat last week. Don't really want to be against him/on Mac's side here.

I was just ####ing with Dr Seattle because we had this chat last week. Don't really want to be against him/on Mac's side here.
you're flying solo, you just unknowingly offered the opportunity. I'm just ####### with him too, but he has a short fuse, so that happens.If you have a short fuse you probably shouldn't be in the I told you so business, but that would be logical.

You seemed ripe for an implosion, looks like the timing was right,

Been sitting on that failed dr d I told you so for a while.

Thanks for playing.
Ok, great info here.

I guess RnR was right. I stayed out of those hoping for peace, but in the end you're the piece.

McGee in for the save.
Box gonna get the win, vulture style. :thumbup:

Like I said, nice pickup in just about any league at this point IMO. Guy in my home league spent $7 on him on a $100 budget.

Some trade deadline closer considerations:

-Soria might be gone, Feliz back up and gonna pitch 8th for now. Could be a candidate for saves soon.

-Uehara also a trade candidate, Tazawa should be on the watch list

-Romo is going to get the Giants job back IMO, if he gets dropped I'd scoop him up.

-Doesn't seem like the Padres want to trade Street, but Benoit seems to be a candidate to get shipped out

-If Qualls gets traded, doesn't seem like I'd want the Astros replacement

-Cishek could be gone soon, Marlins have a lot of meh options although Hatcher has been decent

That should give Mac plenty to bump in September, I'm sure one of them might be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uehara is useless on this team. It's like putting custom rims on a Pontiac Aztek.

He's gonna get one save opp. per week.

Uehara is useless on this team. It's like putting custom rims on a Pontiac Aztek.

He's gonna get one save opp. per week.
38-year-old with an expiring contract, he's almost certainly going to be dealt.

How this team won a title last year should be one of the biggest scandals in sports history. Just obnoxious.

Users who are viewing this thread