What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (4 Viewers)

We're definitely not a walk over win for anyone anymore. We have finally arrived in the NFL again, except for that mini DA run we made and maybe one other mirage. It's been close the past couple years IMO, we've had talent and little depth, and maybe with a little more luck we'd have more wins to show for it, but I think it's finally cemented. We're deep at important positions, and not really thin anywhere besides WR and that is a work in progress. I really like Pettine and I have not been able to say that about a coach in a long time. Chud brought great thoughts into our heads, but I never enjoyed listening to him talk and he seemed like a puppet to those idiot puppet masters. Shurmur..ok enough said. Pettine is a joy to listen to IMO and, while still super early in his head coaching career, he seems like he really knows what he's doing all around. To the Bills and Jets fans who said we were getting a solid NFL guy and the Bills fans who were sad to see him go, I say I think you are right and thanks. Feeling good on victory Monday! Home opener too!

hey if you can do shtick, i get to too!Manziel looked like Manziel.

it's a terrible idea to out him in a couple plays a game. not fair to him OR Hoyer imo.

We're definitely not a walk over win for anyone anymore. We have finally arrived in the NFL again, except for that mini DA run we made and maybe one other mirage. It's been close the past couple years IMO, we've had talent and little depth, and maybe with a little more luck we'd have more wins to show for it, but I think it's finally cemented. We're deep at important positions, and not really thin anywhere besides WR and that is a work in progress. I really like Pettine and I have not been able to say that about a coach in a long time. Chud brought great thoughts into our heads, but I never enjoyed listening to him talk and he seemed like a puppet to those idiot puppet masters. Shurmur..ok enough said. Pettine is a joy to listen to IMO and, while still super early in his head coaching career, he seems like he really knows what he's doing all around. To the Bills and Jets fans who said we were getting a solid NFL guy and the Bills fans who were sad to see him go, I say I think you are right and thanks. Feeling good on victory Monday! Home opener too!
if he can get their confidence up, they will be a tough team.

my man, if he keeps handing the ball off like that, it's gonna be tough to keep him off the field. in the immortal words of random browns fan driving around losing his mind, "put ####### manziel in!"

I know the offensive line has been clearing holes, but I love that a 3rd round pick and undrafted free agent have stepped right in and gave a huge lift to the running game. I didn't mind the Tate signing, but these 2 young backs are just better.

Forecast for Sunday -

60% chance of rain with thundershowers.

-------------------------------------------------------

Tom Withers @twithersAP · 36m

#Browns QBs Brian Hoyer, Johnny Manziel and Connor Shaw practiced throwing wet balls after workout.

Trying to wrap my head around what is going on with the team and found some things.

Through three games:

- Cleveland Browns have scored 74 points (10th in the NFL)

- DT Ahytaba Rubin is ranked 71st out of 72 DTs according to PFF rankings

- CB Joe Haden has surrendered a QB passer rating of 155.3 to opposing QBs

- First three games the run defense has surrendered, 160, 127, and 174 yards

The Browns have a legitimately strong rushing attack, the offensive line is gelling, the patchwork WRs are getting the job done and we FINALLY have 'decent' quarterback play but the defense and special teams are letting us down.

The defensive line was supposed to be strong and on paper it is possibly the best since the return but I saw Phil Taylor getting bashed backwards a yard and a half off the line in one-on-one blocking on a short yardage play. We know the rookie CB Justin Gilbert has struggled but heck, he's a rookie, he has a built in excuse but Joe Haden is the HIGHEST PAID cornerback in the National Football League and he just plain out sucks right now.

No excuses for the terrible run defense and Haden has to improve and the special team players who have cost us games, WR Travis Benjamin and the long snapper who has cost us three blown field goals, are on notice. The team is looking at long snappers and Benjamin has been replaced on punt returns. Pettine is supposed to be a defensive guru so he'd better work his magic in fixing the run defense and light fires under Haden/Gilbert. Oh and the penalties for having 12 men on defense show a typical weakness of a rookie NFL head coach. That is all on him.

What specific insights have you seen both negative and positive, note the issues and if you have any possible solutions.

I don't think Pettine needs to light a fire under anyone on defense, it's why he brought in Hitner and Dansby; that's their job. Not needed with Haden anyway, he knows he has been terrible and has two weeks to stew. He'll bounce back, but he never was a great CB to start with, so by him bouncing back it'll be to good standards; not great.

One of the biggest problems with the run defense is the same as last year, Craig Robertson. Solution is simple, bench him. I don't know if Kirskey will be any better vs. the run, but at worst he will just be equally as terrible.

The DL as a whole has been dinged up over the last month, plus. They should be healthy, finally, coming out of the bye. I expect the rotation to take a step up and their issues vs. the run to stop.

Only issues on offense outside of the obvious (Gordon) are Hoyer's wounded ducks and the 4th quarter offense, the latter is of much greater concern.

The special teams can go #### themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Pettine needs to light a fire under anyone on defense, it's why he brought in Hitner and Dansby; that's their job. Not needed with Haden anyway, he knows he has been terrible and has two weeks to stew. He'll bounce back, but he never was a great CB to start with, so by him bouncing back it'll be to good standards; not great.

One of the biggest problems with the run defense is the same as last year, Craig Robertson. Solution is simple, bench him. I don't know if Kirskey will be any better vs. the run, but at worst he will just be equally as terrible.

The DL as a whole has been dinged up over the last month, plus. They should be healthy, finally, coming out of the bye. I expect the rotation to take a step up and their issues vs. the run to stop.

Only issues on offense outside of the obvious (Gordon) are Hoyer's wounded ducks and the 4th quarter offense, the latter is of much greater concern.

The special teams can go #### themselves.
I think this is the key.

The problems are fixable.

This team is coming together on the offensive line and the run blocking in particular while we see the development of two rookies just as Ben Tate is ready to return to action meaning we'll have a stable of distinct style running backs to throw at teams as they have to deal with our offensive line. Point is, the offense is exactly what Pettine said he wanted to do, have a run based offense, especially late in the year when the weather dictates having a strong rushing attack. I feel very-confident about our rushing attack and think it will be as strong late this year because we don't have to rely on one running back to be healthy.

The other side of the coin is Pettine stated he wanted to have a tough defense and we haven't seen that but the issues on defense do look correctable. Free agent safety Jim Leonard who has played in Pettine's system on a few occasions said that the issues on defense are self inflicted so its not a personnel issue and Leonard thinks that once players do their job and don't try to do too-much that the defense will flow and come together. I don't think its a coaching issue.

From my understanding Pettine gives players freedom to make plays, to use their instincts and shade more to run defense or be aggressive pass rushing for certain players and that is where I've seen some breakdowns, on outside contain, those breakdowns are the most obvious. The coverage schemes are based on press-man and that means Haden and Gilbert are simply going to have to toughen-up for that to work and I think they will improve once the issues with breakdowns in the run defense are solved. Seems Haden gets caught too often looking at the line seeing if he has to come-up in run support rather than locking down on his man from the get-go. We've seen his lapses of concentration every year but usually he gets embarrassed and then turns on the switch and shuts people out for weeks on end.

Special teams are the one area that can be fixed by replacing players.

Coaching should also tighten-up and fix the stupid rookie mistakes.

The schedule isn't a killer.

We just have to stay close till late in the year when the defense and special teams should be playing 'good-nuff' with the rushing attack and offensive line expected to still be strong and then.......

We get Flash back.

I think Hoyer is overlooked and that is fine by me because I think he's better than people give him credit for but we simply have to win in the division, no more breakdowns early or late. We get a lead and we need to choke the life out of teams because the team was built to be stone cold kill teams with a strong rush attack and solid defense.

In my opinion Rubin and Taylor have looked liked school girls in the last 2 games. If you want to fix the run defense I'd start there. After that, I'd end every practice with tackling drills for our lb's and db's. I'd make it so painful in practice that they'll stop being lazy in games to avoid it. They are in the right spot, they just tackle lazy.

I'm irritated mostly by 2 things.

1 - Two crucial run plays, one in each loss, were botched up by either Hoyer or the RB, who I think was West both times. Hoyer has taken the blame for both, but my guess is he's protecting his young RB. Regardless, you probably don't see this once a year on most teams, let alone twice in three weeks.

2 - Not taking advantage of great field position, on the opponents side of the field, that the defense gives them. The defense it taking it's lumps, but it also has produced big plays and the offense is going 3/out and practically moving backwards. We have to cash in. I have to think this is deflating for a defense.

These simple things are the difference between 1-2 and 3-0 for the Browns this year.

No game this week but two decent pods, the first is Grantland's weekly podcast where they adopted the Browns this week and they delve into the reasons why the are encouraged by some things with the team. They had some good observations especially how many pitch plays we are using in the running game. They not only mention the high number of pitch plays but also they give a good explanation why we run so many pitch plays with our zone blocking scheme. Good stuff, check it out.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-grantland-nfl-podcast-talking-browns-fantasy-football-and-week-3/

Mays and Barnwell adopt the Browns and run through the abandoned realms of fantasy football before diving into the rest of Week 3.

Listen to the podcast here.
Then Browns GM Ray Farmer takes some time to do an interview with Bull and Fox and they didn't hold back in grilling him about certain players, Haden/Gilbert, how he'd feel if Manziel had to start and what it would take for Johnny to take the starting job, and a lot of other things that are mentioned in the audio and not in the transcript. Here's the transcript with a link to the audio so you can hear the entire interview.

Always am interesting to hear what GMs say so I loved this, good stuff to file away.

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2014/9/26/6849731/ray-farmer-talks-with-bull-fox

Ray Farmer Talks with Bull & FoxBy Joe Ginley@JoeGinley on Sep 26 2014, 10:16p

Just three weeks into the season, the Cleveland Browns get a chance to decompress and prepare for the rest of the season with a week four bye.

Already, there are question marks galore on this 1-2 team. Why is the run defense so porous? What's the deal with the team's special teams unit? When is Johnny Manziel going to play?

With a little bit of time to spare, Browns general manager Ray Farmer answered all of these questions on Wednesday. Farmer spoke with the Bull & Fox on 92.3 The Fan, discussing a variety of topics in a lengthy interview.

You can listen to the audio here, but I have compiled a list of ten things to takeaway from Farmer's interview.

1. Farmer feels fine about Justin Gilbert.

"We've contended all along that young corners get rained on in this league. It's part of what happens, it's part of the process. It is what it is. There's very few guys who have come into this league at the cornerback and demonstrated Pro Bowl talent right away. I remember hearing about guys like Patrick Peterson, 'He's a bust, he's not good enough.' The reality is no one can make that judgement in this short period of time. Everybody wants instant [results], and that's not going to happen right away. That's not the reality. You have to give guys a chance to mature, grow, develop, and play in the scheme you drafted them to play and that comes with time. There's no other way to get there than to give these guys an opportunity to find where there boundaries are and operate within them."

2. Manziel is developing at quarterback.

"I think Johnny's progression is coming along fine. He's learning more on a daily basis, what we want him to do and what he needs to do. He's coming along at the right pace for where he's at."

"I think Johnny has taken to heart the idea of how tough the NFL is and the things he needs to do to be successful in this league. That's a positive, and that's a credit to him. The fact that he's doing those things, that's what we continue to encourage him to do. As long as he moves in the right direction and does the positive things on the field and in the locker room, and avoids everyone else outside, then it's great. From our perspective, Johnny is doing everything we expect him to do. From his perspective, he's doing what he thinks is fun and what's exciting, and that's playing football."

3. The Browns have a plan for Josh Gordon.

"Currently, Josh is allowed in the building. Josh is allowed to attend some meetings, workout, train, rehab, and study here at the facilities. That's the league's part of it and we'll follow those instructions."

"We are all trying to help Josh. From our perspective, this is about people. We're going to commit our resources and our abilities and our knowledge to creating a plan for Josh and helping Josh attain success in life first. From there, we're going to watch him perform as a football player. It starts with the person. At the end of the day, I think Josh understands where he is and we understand where he's at, but we want him to see him get his life right and make sure that he understands that he accountable and he's going to have to continue to stay accountable to stay in this league."

4. Farmer likes Joel Bitonio a lot.

"He's another young man we had a lot of high confidence in. At the time we took him, there was a lot of discussion as to who Joel Bittonio was and why did we pick him over someone else. He's talented, he's good, he's the right kid, and he's playing to expectations. We knew we had the talent to come in right away and contribute, and he's done that, and he deserves all the credit for that: for coming in, performing, learning assignments and playing to the level he's been playing at."

5. In Farmer's eyes, the special teams unit doesn't need major upgrades.

When asked if he is happy with the kicker position, Farmer paused for a moment before saying, "Yes."

As for the unit as a whole, Farmer said, "I wouldn't say there are issues. Have guys made mistakes? Some are more obvious than others."

6. Farmer believes in Travis Benjamin.

"I think Travis Benjamin has been a very good returner in this league. Because a guy is faulty for a minute, does that mean you should replace him and get rid of him? Or should you give him an opportunity to work through whatever hard times he's having at the moment? I think that we've seen these guys perform time and time again. I would say they're getting coached and they're getting the work they need to improve on the techniques that they're having shortcomings with at the moment. That's a part of getting better as a football team."

"When Travis Benjamin played last year before his injury most would contend that he was one of the most dangerous returners in the league. Coming off a knee [injury], he has had some opportunities but hasn't been able to hit any homeruns yet this year. But I can contend going back to last year before his injury, you'd be hard-pressed to say that there was somebody else who was returning balls the way he was and putting fear into teams with his ability to change field position and hit home runs."

"From my perspective, there's different types of returners. There's guys who break tackles and run through people, but most of us would contend that that's probably not his strong suit. He's going to play to his strengths, which are speed and finding lanes, and taking advantage of those. As we play as a group, and guys get more coordinated as to what they're doing, he'll find that success in time."

7. The Browns are excited about the running back position.

"I'd be remiss if I didn't say that everybody's excited about both Terrance West and Isaiah Crowell. We have a a good, young running back, in my mind, in Glenn Winston. Just because he hasn't had a chance to demonstrate to everyone what he's capable of doesn't mean he's not as talented or even moreso than the guys who are currently getting reps in front of them. There's a process to getting an opportunity, and when they get it, both of them have made the most of it. When Glenn gets his, I think the fans will be pleasantly surprised as well."

8. The defense is trying too hard.

"Whenever you change coaches and staffs, guys are trying to demonstrate how good they are, guys want to make plays. When you go to make plays, sometimes you extend yourself in a way you shouldn't. A lot of it comes down to trusting and playing within the parameters you're asked and not trying to extend yourself further. I would make the comparison to the running back position."

9. Farmer would take action quickly if an abuse case surfaced with a Browns player.

"It's very difficult for me to comment on everything that's occurred [with the Ravens, 49ers, Vikings, and Panthers] because I'm not in those situations and I don't have all the facts, but I would say that we have had those internal discussions in attempt to learn from everything that occurred. Our intent, obviously, is to do the right thing. The actions that the people involved with those instances would be unacceptable for a guy who's playing for the Browns. I also believe that we would like to be accountable to the city, our fans, and those decisions must always be in the best interest of the Browns and the people of Cleveland."

10. Farmer visited the Muni Lot last Sunday and loved it.

"The thing that sticks out to me is that the city of Cleveland is rabid with fans who want to see success from the Cleveland Browns. Our fans are some of the best fans in the NFL. I would tell you that when I was in Kansas City, there were people who grill out and came before the game, but the people in the Muni Lot, I thought, were as intense, ready, passionate, understanding, knowledgeable and ready just wanting to show they had pride for the Cleveland Browns. From my perspective, I was extremely happy by the fan base and what they were showing. Some of those places they had -- the buses, the cookouts, the campers -- it was a good time. People were out having a good time and preparing for football. That's a good feeling, because preparing for football seems to be key here in Ohio and we want to be a good part of that process and giving them a product they can be proud of."

Quotes that didn't make the cut:
  • Brian Hoyer is "right on par" with Farmer's expectations.
  • "I'll never discuss contacts in the media," Farmer said in regards to a potential extension for Jordan Cameron."
  • "I like the middle of the season byes, but those are the cards we're dealt."
  • What if Johnny had to start against the Titans? "I think [Johnny] would have success."
  • Who will be the starting quarterback next season? "That's way too far in advance for me. I'm worried about the Tennessee Titans."

Manziel was a waste of a pick.

rest of the draft was fine, as long as Gilbert gets it together.

they probably should have taken a WR though, the more i think about it.
I said the second they passed on Khalil Mack their draft was terrible. Mack is going to dominate for a decade. You win in the NFL by having a QB and hitting the other team's QB. Drafting Watkins would have been a mistake when Mack is on the board. But trading down for a CB was laughable. Even if he was a pro bowler, Gilbert will not have anywhere near the impact of a Mack. I can understand picking Manziel but Bridgewater was the better prospect.

The Browns have no QB and no pass rush. They have been that way forever, and will be one of the worst teams in the league until they stop making the same mistakes picking players.

Drafting Gilbert over Mack is a fireable offense IMO. All Ray Farmer has done is helped rebuild the Raiders by handing them Mack.
Update on when the Mack domination is going to start?

55th in tackles through Week 3 with 19 tackles plus assists and no interceptions, fumble recoveries, fumbles forced, or sacks.

And in week 4 he got 5 more tackles with nothing else.

That's below what his mediocre average so far has been.

And that being said, the original post 1 game into the NFL season was ridiculous making this statement after 1 real game had been played.

Bills lose

Steelers lose

Go Browns!

Have to win more of the close games to get nearer to the top
came here to say the same thing re: the bills losing. looking at their schedule, I'm thinking they're going to be a 5-7 win team. should be good for a top 10ish pick.

let's hope the week off will help Cameron get back on track.

Manziel was a waste of a pick.

rest of the draft was fine, as long as Gilbert gets it together.

they probably should have taken a WR though, the more i think about it.
I said the second they passed on Khalil Mack their draft was terrible. Mack is going to dominate for a decade. You win in the NFL by having a QB and hitting the other team's QB. Drafting Watkins would have been a mistake when Mack is on the board. But trading down for a CB was laughable. Even if he was a pro bowler, Gilbert will not have anywhere near the impact of a Mack. I can understand picking Manziel but Bridgewater was the better prospect.

The Browns have no QB and no pass rush. They have been that way forever, and will be one of the worst teams in the league until they stop making the same mistakes picking players.

Drafting Gilbert over Mack is a fireable offense IMO. All Ray Farmer has done is helped rebuild the Raiders by handing them Mack.
Update on when the Mack domination is going to start?

55th in tackles through Week 3 with 19 tackles plus assists and no interceptions, fumble recoveries, fumbles forced, or sacks.

And in week 4 he got 5 more tackles with nothing else.

That's below what his mediocre average so far has been.

And that being said, the original post 1 game into the NFL season was ridiculous making this statement after 1 real game had been played.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/greg-cosell-s-look-ahead--raiders-rookie-lb-khalil-mack-impressing-015627859.html

I thought Khalil Mack was the best defensive player in this year’s draft, and I thought he should have been the No. 1 overall pick. There were many plays last week in which the Raiders’ outside linebacker lived up to that.The Raiders line up Mack off the line in 4-3 looks and with his hand down in 3-4 alignments. That’s a lot to ask a rookie, but Mack has an excellent intuitive feel for how to play and how to execute the details. He showed the ability last week to rush the quarterback with both speed and power. And he looked very good when he defeated two third-quarter plays in which the Patriots tried running Stevan Ridley to his side.

On one, he physically handled Patriots left tackle Nate Solder. Mack hit Solder and drove him straight back 3 yards, cutting off Ridley’s path. Mack didn’t make the tackle for a loss, but a teammate dropped Ridley and the entire play was made possible by Mack’s power.

On another third-quarter play, he was too physical for tight end Rob Gronkowski, who is a very good blocker. Mack pushed Gronkowski back, controlled him and shed him to stop Ridley for a 3-yard loss. It was an impressive play for a rookie in his third NFL game.

The Mack comparison I make is from from a number of years ago: former Patriots linebacker Andre Tippett. I’m not saying Mack is Tippett or will ever make the Hall of Fame like Tippett did. But I see similarities in his skill set and how he can be used. Tippett was a great pass rusher for New England in the 1980s and early 1990s, but he could also play off the line of scrimmage, and do both well. I think Mack has that ability too. It’s rare.

In college Mack showed he could rush the quarterback with power or with bend around the edge, He can play on the line of scrimmage and off it. The fact that he’s being used in multiple ways leads me to believe he’s a sharp guy, because it’s hard to do that as a rookie. I just thought his skills would transition really, really well to the NFL.
http://www.reddit.com/r/oaklandraiders/comments/2hmwdk/week_3_khalil_macks_run_defense/

Mack is still learning and growing as a pass rusher and in week 17, we will probably se a much different player than here in week 3.In Run Defense, however, Khalil Mack is much more developed and prepared. His natural athleticism, his otherwordly power, and his extremely violent and thunderous hands allow him to be very disruptive against the run game. He seems to enjoy taking on blocks and gives a tough time to linemen who are 50 lbs heavier than he is.

Against TEs, FBs, and H-Backs, it's not really fair. Hooman can't do anything with Mack. A Healthy Gronkowski would have his hands full and a weakened, dinged-up Gronk has no chance.

As with the Pass Rushing, Mack's confidence seemed to grow during the course of the game. As he beat his man time and time again, that confidence fed into itself and Mack played faster, stronger, and meaner.

Here's a look at 10 plays showing what Mack was often doing to the Patriots in the run game.

Khalil Mack's play in the run game is stunning right now because he is able to both function as someone who will take on blocks and force/funnel the runner so that others can make the play or to disrupt a block attempt and make the play himself.

The Browns are scoring over 25 points a game with limited weapons in the passing game. They've only turned the ball over once in 4 games. We gotta change the QB!

Brian Hoyer's stats this year:

- 82 of 132 (62.1%)
- 1,008 Yards

- 6 TDs

- 1 INT

- 7.64 YPA

- QB passer rating of 97.66

All of that without the league leading WR for another 6 games and his Pro Bowl TE's shoulder iffy.

I'd say that's pretty good.

What is the deal with Jordan Cameron??? I don't want to hear he's injured. This guy has been underperforming since late last season. Is he overrated? I am starting to believe so. 3 catches on 7 targets? Someone shed some light on this guy. Thanks.

What is the deal with Jordan Cameron??? I don't want to hear he's injured. This guy has been underperforming since late last season. Is he overrated? I am starting to believe so. 3 catches on 7 targets? Someone shed some light on this guy. Thanks.
Even though you don't want to hear it he came into the season with a bum shoulder and he tried to gut it out in Pittsburgh and caught a deep ball and unfortunately landed on his bad shoulder.

He has played or tried to for the last three games.

Hope was that after the BYE he'd be healthy but obviously that is not the case.

I don't think he lacks effort or skill. He is in his contract year and he really, I mean REALLY wants to play or else I think he may not have tried to push things in the opener.

Now it seems to have caught up with him and I heard the other day it will probably not heal completely during the season and it will effect him all year.

buy Cameron in dynasty.

this kid can play.

right now he's injured AND i believe defenses have been taking him away.

I don't want to jinx anything w/ these late game heroics, but are we witnessing a re-incarnation of.....

wait for it...

wait for it...

wait for it...

dare i say it???

THE CARDIAC KIDS???

I don't want to jinx anything w/ these late game heroics, but are we witnessing a re-incarnation of.....

wait for it...

wait for it...

wait for it...

dare i say it???

THE CARDIAC KIDS???
Brian Sipe

Greg Pruitt

Mike Pruitt

Charles White

Reggie Rucker

Dave Logan

Ozzie Newsome

Don Cockroft
:goodposting:

I had all of those cards. For some reason, this stupid Dieken card was in EVERY damn pack!

I swear to God, I must have had 15 of those, and it took forever for a Sipe card to show up.

wait for it...

wait for it...

wait for it...

dare i say it???

THE CARDIAC KIDS???
Brian SipeGreg Pruitt

Mike Pruitt

Charles White

Reggie Rucker

Dave Logan

Ozzie Newsome

Don Cockroft
:goodposting:

I had all of those cards. For some reason, this stupid Dieken card was in EVERY damn pack!

I swear to God, I must have had 15 of those, and it took forever for a Sipe card to show up.
lol, that's a great card. Doug's a good guy.

The blow-by-blow of the biggest road comeback win in NFL history through tweets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cleveland Browns @Browns · Oct 5

Touchdown #Titans. QB Jake Locker connects with WR Kendall Wright. Extra point is good. Score 7-0.

Touchdown #Titans. QB Jake Locker takes it in with the quarterback scramble.

#Titans extra point is good. Score is now 14-0.

#Browns on for the FG attempt. Kick is good. #Browns now on the board, 14-3.

Touchdown #Titans. QB Charlie Whitehurst to WR Kendall Wright. #Titans now up, 21-3.

Touchdown #Titans. QB Charlie Whitehurst throws it 75-yards to WR Justin Hunter. Extra point is good. Score, 28-3.
==============================

THE RECORD SETTING COMEBACK

==============================

QB Brian Hoyer to TE Jim Dray for the TD. Extra point on the way!

Extra point is good! Score now 28-10.

HALTIME SCORE: #Titans 28, #Browns 10.

#Browns on for the FG attempt. Kick is GOOD! Score now, 28-13.
Cleveland Browns @Browns · 24h 24 hours ago

BLOCKED PUNT!!! SAFETY!!!!
Cleveland Browns @Browns · 24h 24 hours ago

Score is now 28-15 with #Titans still leading it.
Cleveland Browns @Browns · 23h 23 hours ago

QB Brian Hoyer zips it to WR Travis Benjamin. Extra point attempt is GOOD! 28-22!

TOUCHDOWN T-BENJAMIN!!!

Extra point attempt is GOOD! #Browns go up, 29-28!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzRDRowCAAI92eu.jpg:large

Bad news.

Defensive injury list with two missing starters, not good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

- DT Phil Taylor OUT

Tony Grossi @TonyGrossi · Oct 8

#Browns confirm DE Phil Taylor had arthroscopic knee surgery. Status evaluated "in a few weeks."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- CB Joe Haden hip probably OUT

Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot · 2h 2 hours ago

#Browns Joe Haden (hip) won't practice again today. Will know more about his status tomorrow.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Tom Reed tweets LB Paul Kruger didn't participate in practice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom Reed @treed1919 · 50m 50 minutes ago

#Browns CB Joe Haden (hip) did not practice. OLB Paul Kruger missing from practice. No reason given yet.

I will do cartwheels if we win tomorrow.............and I dont think I can do them without the adrenaline rush of this win. Hell, I will do the kind of cartwheel where people flip their bodies and not even use their hands.

So.......................pretty amazing we look like a competive team whilst getting nothing from our last like 5 1st round picks, Gordon, or Cameron, and the D is playing poorly overall.

I am optimistic. I get optomistic when I see things go terribly that were projected to be good, yet we will see decent football a lot of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread