What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Damn, didn't see that coming.

Not sure what the priest did but he saved himself in some way.

Is Bob infected? Can fire kill the infection? If not, those guys don't have much time unless Bob is not bitten or scratched.

Oh where oh where is Beth? And, how do those guys still have fuel?
I thought it was established years ago that they're all infected and that the 'trigger' is death. Those guys have all the time in the world. Once he dies, take care of the brain.

I thought Bob was in the woods crying because he was about to kill himself. I thought he got bit by the submerged walker, and wanted to have 1 more night with his girl.
Ditto.

Bad case of food poisoning for the Termites?
That's what I thought too. And maybe the Termites actually saved his life by cutting off his leg. Although you think they'd notice.
I hope this is the case, otherwise Bob walking around made zero sense.
"It doesn't have to make sense in a zombie apocalypse"

(totally agree with you, btw)

Is Bob infected? Can fire kill the infection? If not, those guys don't have much time unless Bob is not bitten or scratched.

I thought it was established years ago that they're all infected and that the 'trigger' is death. Those guys have all the time in the world. Once he dies, take care of the brain.
You're right and now I'm confused more.

So even if Bob's leg was zombie bitten and the canibals ate it, they should be fine right? Or does a zombie blood infection also kill you? I'd think not since zombie blood carries the same disease that the humans do?

Talking #### to a guy while eating his leg is the new awesome. Govenor who?
The ending turned a very good episode into a top 10 episode.

I doubt very much that Bob was bitten in the leg and they cut his leg off for that reason. If that was the case, I just don't see them eating his leg.

You kind of knew Bob's night wasn't going to end well when he said "one more (or last) kiss".

Man's gotta eat. What an awesome line. One of the best on the show. For some reason, it reminded me of: "got milk"
That line was pulled directly from the comics. They're doing that more frequently of late. If you haven't read them, you should. They're great. I'm not a comic guy at all, and I've really enjoyed them.
Kirkman and Gimple have both said this season will follow the comics more than any other season to date.

I'm tempted to read the comics but I really like the element of surprise. If I had known what happened to Bob last night happened to Dale in the comics I'm not sure that final scene would've packed the same punch.
Bingo.

Well, Tyreese is officially worthless now.
Yeah I was really hoping to see a stronger character. But if he didn't kill Chewer that's worse than when Carl couldn't kill the walker that eventually ripped open Dale.

So basically on the toughness scale Carl > Tyreese. That ain't good, man.
Wouldn't be surprising if the gum chewer Tyreese let live ends up killing Tyreese's sister, or something, and Tyreese loses it and becomes more like the new Rick (no longer trusts anyone).
Wouldn't that make him turn into Spider Man, and the lesson he learns would be with great power comes great responsibility, and zombies?

Well, Tyreese is officially worthless now.
They must be saving Tyreese for some sort of meltdown where he bludgeons a bunch of people (zombies and/or termites?) to save the group, singlehandedly. He beat the guy but can't (yet) bring himself to kill a live human being. Pretty wimpy right now though.
They're going to do this again? Stay creative Walking Dead writers.

It's an entertaining, fun show.

But anyone who thinks this writing is anything more than mediocre is insane.

Very dramatic of Darrel to smash the lights on the car. Or he could have just turned them off with the switch I suppose.
Your car has a switch for brake lights?
He's gonna chase those guys from the front?
You do know when brake lights go on, you can see them from the front when it's dark.

Light has a funny way of illuminating in the darkness.
You do know we've gone over that already.

So even if Bob's leg was zombie bitten and the canibals ate it, they should be fine right? Or does a zombie blood infection also kill you? I'd think not since zombie blood carries the same disease that the humans do?
Why not just eat zombies then?

Maybe Bob was at Terminus originally when Gareth and the lot were all decent people. Maybe Bob's alcoholism (passed out or whatever) contributed to the bad gang gaining entry and causing all that went down. Maybe Gareth had people close to him die because Bob was drunk.

I don't think Bob was bitten. Don't forget he is an alcoholic. He may have felt the need to remove himself from the party.
That is possible.. but why would he be crying? I may be mistaken, but did he have a handgun in his hand when he got hit?

I'm not sure that he got bit as he didn't seem to have the reaction that someone was gnawiing on his leg under the water. I thought he was scratched under the water.
When I saw him crying my immediate thought was that it had to do with him imbibing the wine. He's a reformed alcoholic and drinking again could be very hard on a recovering alcoholic.

Maybe Bob was at Terminus originally when Gareth and the lot were all decent people. Maybe Bob's alcoholism (passed out or whatever) contributed to the bad gang gaining entry and causing all that went down. Maybe Gareth had people close to him die because Bob was drunk.
Maybe Soylent Green is people.

Maybe Soylent Green is people.
Maybe some people should use spoiler tags. :o

It would be easier to buy into all this "Bob had a history with Gareth" stuff if Gareth had actually said something to Bob back at Terminus.

Don't you guys think that Gareth would have given a Bob sermon right before Bob was on the chow line getting ready to have his head bashed in? At the time, Bob was going to be turned into Bobjerky in a couple of minutes. Why not give Bob a nice talk then?

Very dramatic of Darrel to smash the lights on the car. Or he could have just turned them off with the switch I suppose.
You do know when brake lights go on, you can see them from the front when it's dark.

Oh, ok. So you do know that you're still wrong? I mean, it's clear your still upset about it.

Why not just eat zombies then?
I'd think not because it's infected or anything, but just because it's gone bad. No idea :shrug:

When Gareth told Bob it was ironic that it was Bob they were eating, was that just because his group destroyed Terminus? I don't know, I think that sounded more personal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh, ok. So you do know that you're still wrong? I mean, it's clear your still upset about it.
:lmao: I honestly couldn't give 2 ####s about it. Living out in the "sticks" though I would say good luck driving in the dark with no lights.

It would be easier to buy into all this "Bob had a history with Gareth" stuff if Gareth had actually said something to Bob back at Terminus.

Don't you guys think that Gareth would have given a Bob sermon right before Bob was on the chow line getting ready to have his head bashed in? At the time, Bob was going to be turned into Bobjerky in a couple of minutes. Why not give Bob a nice talk then?
Yep. Gareth barely looked up from his clipboard. When Bob wanted to talk to him, it was a clear "who is this guy wasting my time" moment.

When Gareth told Bob it was ironic that it was Bob they were eating, was that just because his group destroyed Terminus? I don't know, I think that sounded more personal.
I get your point but Gareth did just take a bullet in that attack..... I'd take it personal at that point.

:lmao: I honestly couldn't give 2 ####s about it. Living out in the "sticks" though I would say good luck driving in the dark with no lights.
Fortunately the Zombie apocalypse seems to cause a full moon every night. It's never completely dark.

I get your point but Gareth did just take a bullet in that attack..... I'd take it personal at that point.
I thought they tried to make it clear the irony was that Bob's group had just destroyed their "village" and now that they had no home they had to go back to being hunters, so its ironic that they just so happened to catch one of the guys from the group that blew up their home. I don't know, I could be senile though

Fortunately the Zombie apocalypse seems to cause a full moon every night. It's never completely dark.
Point taken.

How did Gareth know Bob's name? Did they all introduce themselves when they all got there.
They did that with Rick and the gang when they arrived. They likely did it when the others got there too.

I don't think Bob has any ties to Terminus. If he did you'd think he would've done everything possible to keep Sasha and the others away from there.

Because, Walking Dead writers

Yep. Gareth barely looked up from his clipboard. When Bob wanted to talk to him, it was a clear "who is this guy wasting my time" moment.
Maybe they all look the same to him?

People who aren't zombies?

Guys named "Bob"? :confused:

Alcoholics?

I thought they tried to make it clear the irony was that Bob's group had just destroyed their "village" and now that they had no home they had to go back to being hunters, so its ironic that they just so happened to catch one of the guys from the group that blew up their home. I don't know, I could be senile though
That's what I thought at first, but I wanted to believe in the "Bob has been to Terminus before." So yeah, I'm abandoning that possibility.

For those of us who don't read the comics the last scene was an absolute :o :o :o :o moment.

I still think Bob was bitten and that's why he went off into the woods. He asked for one more kiss from Sasha and then wanted to get away from the group before he turned. Agree with those who said Carol was about to leave and that's why she wandered off. I find it interesting that she's struggling to re-acclimate herself into the group.

#BobBQ
If they're sticking with the comics like they said than this was the exact scene and the only difference was Bob standing in for Dale. Dale also told his captures that he was infected at some point too

Users who are viewing this thread