What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are you getting for Josh Gordon now? (1 Viewer)

I was offered Benjamin for him yesterday in Dynasty. I rejected with little consideration.
I'd have taken that deal.
Yeah, even under the new rules (as I understand them) another failed drug test is 1 year. Cut and run for Kelvin in a dynasty format in a cocaine heartbeat.
insane.

unless you're getting dez, julio, demariyus, you hold gordon in a safer place than your own nuts
I don't see Kelvin far off the mark of those guys - IF he keeps getting better - at some point in the future.

He comes with a whole lot less risk of being suspended for a season with that future upside than does Gordon.

I like Gordon's potential/talent as much as you, but framed around dynasty as opposed to 2014 re-draft, this is a completely different discussion.
Sorry, I do. Those guys are complete WRs. Kelvin is a monster red zone threat but thats about it right now and I dont think he'll ever have the speed to be one of those guys. Right now hes overpowering people but he cant make defenders miss or outrun then. They are in different classes.
He's definitely in the tier below those guys, if he gets better. What I'm saying is, I take a lower-risk character guy in that tier longer term (dynasty) than the guy who is talent wise in that tier, but is one drug test away even under the new agreement from a 1 year ban.

I was offered Benjamin for him yesterday in Dynasty. I rejected with little consideration.
I'd have taken that deal.
Yeah, even under the new rules (as I understand them) another failed drug test is 1 year. Cut and run for Kelvin in a dynasty format in a cocaine heartbeat.
insane.

unless you're getting dez, julio, demariyus, you hold gordon in a safer place than your own nuts
I don't see Kelvin far off the mark of those guys - IF he keeps getting better - at some point in the future.

He comes with a whole lot less risk of being suspended for a season with that future upside than does Gordon.

I like Gordon's potential/talent as much as you, but framed around dynasty as opposed to 2014 re-draft, this is a completely different discussion.
Sorry, I do. Those guys are complete WRs. Kelvin is a monster red zone threat but thats about it right now and I dont think he'll ever have the speed to be one of those guys. Right now hes overpowering people but he cant make defenders miss or outrun then. They are in different classes.
He's definitely in the tier below those guys, if he gets better. What I'm saying is, I take a lower-risk character guy in that tier longer term (dynasty) than the guy who is talent wise in that tier, but is one drug test away even under the new agreement from a 1 year ban.
I like Benjamin. I was pretty wrong about him out of college (for now), but it'll be interesting to see if this if he continues to progress, or if teams can gameplan around him, rendering him ineffective.

In my mind, guys like Dez, Julio, Demariyus, Gordon, Megatron... you cant gameplan around them. You cant render them ineffective. Sure, theyll have off nights, but even against the best corners and safeties, they'll shred them w freakish ability and top end speed.

Im more of a risk taker, and thus have NO issue holding Gordon even against the BEST of offers... There is no NFL player in my dynasty league Id trade him for, straight up... a combo of how highly I rate his talent mixed w being a Browns fan.

I could be wrong again about Benjamin, but I dont think he has the "elite" intangibles to be in the upper echelon for an entire career

Last edited by a moderator:
In a dynasty ppr I just trade Hillman and 2 first round picks for him to complete my masterpiece of a team.

He's still super young. Long term and short te gold.

Right now I'm sitting with a wr group (we can start up to four) of Dez, Alshon, Wallace, Watkins, Allen Robinson, Quick, Torrey Smith. My move will likely be to sell someone else around the time he comes back.

Maybe for a RB to help bolster that group (solid, but nothing like my WR group)

He's on the waiver wire in by big money redraft 10 team league)short benches_, most owners think he get hurt first week back.

I choose to let you other owners in my leagues overpay and/or hold. His pattern of issues is too much risk for me especially at the price some of you are talking.

AJohnson + OBeckham offering too much in standard scoring? Seems like a lot.
I need more information to be honest.

Obviously if you have AJ and Beckham as starters, you are trading two starters for one. Say Gordon replaces Johnson, who replaces Beckham? I Johnson and Beckham are your 3 and 4 guys, that's different than if they are your 1 and 2 guys.

That's a good point. 10 team league with plenty of options so not every week starters. The offer is on for the hope that gordo will shine. Worth it.

Absolutely. In leagues like that, where guys like Beckham are almost totally fungible you have to shoot for the mood. Like making maple syrup. You just keep boiling your roster down until it's super sweet. Combining players like that is exactly the way to attack it. I'm always trying to turn two b level players into an a level player in leagues like that.

What am I being offered my main man Josh Gordon? Someone in my league offered me a run at his wife for Josh, yea he's that good!!

Here is an interesting offer that I received, and the other owner has been "bringing it up" for about 2 weeks.

In a start 3 WR league, I was offered...............

MY- Mark Ingram and Josh Gordon

For

HIS- Jimmy Graham

Here is what's interesting......

My lineup at RB and WR.--

Starting RBs and bench (Lamar Miller, Andre Ellington) Joique Bell, Rashad Jennings, Mark Ingram

Starting WRs and bench (Demaryius Thomas, Jordy Nelson, Eric Decker) Crabtree and Josh Gordon

I'm currently starting Delanie Walker, who has been OK but he has been slowing down.

If I make the trade, then I can use the extra spot to snag a handcuff or another flyer at RB.

Look, I'm a huge fan of Gordon, but I seriously doubt I can pass this offer up. (the owner has been teetering on the edge, I'm making the offer Monday if everyone stays healthy, if not I'm finding another wire TE for next week)

The question that people should ask themselves when looking at this (or any trade) is how does this improve my team...?

I might lose 4-5 points a week, if I have a "good" Josh Gordon slotted in at WR3 over Decker.........but the potential difference at tight end is HUGE. (far larger than the 4-5 I might lose at WR)

I was high on Gordon in his rookie year, and I was tipped off before that year from a friend (Browns fan) who went to some games. Everyone was buzzing about him, even though back then they already knew he was a knucklehead.

I personally view him as a solid WR2 with upside, at least right when he first comes back. Sure he can go off, but like in many cases I would rather temper my expectations early on.

Been holding him in all my leagues.............and waiting anxiously.

I guess its really hard to put a "true value" on this guy. If he comes back and immediately gets 120 yards and a TD, I don't think many of us would be shocked.

But if he also comes back and goes 5 for 57, I doubt many of us will be shocked either.

TZM

Two teams in my league did this:

Watkins, Sankey, Gordon

for

Kearse , Hillman, Antonio Brown.

I just traded Gordon for Kaepernic. My team isn't doing so hot (Calvin + Rashad Jennings = half my points are hurt) and I need wins now. Couldn't hold out for playoffs since I might not get there.

Last week I offered Bradshaw or Forsett and his choice of Shorts, Robinson and Holmes for Gordon and a throw in. No dice.

I'm 2-6. Traded Gordon for Roddy. Granted Roddy is on a bye this week but at least I get him Weeks 10/11, which wouldn't be the case with Gordon.

I bought him for joique and big bed for olsen and Gordon. I.have Calvin cobb and sammy. Not sure Gordon will ever see my starting lineup, but I wasn't going to let the other playoff bound teams get a hold of him.

I've been holding Gordon all year and I'd trade him for almost any halfway decent starting RB. I'm in first place and I've done it without Gordon. My receivers have been my strength all year so it's not like I've needed him. What I couldn't withstand though is losing a starting RB. I basically have two. Charles and Foster and have thus far avoided a major injury. But if one of those two went down, I'd be in real trouble because what I have on my bench is pretty much nothing (14 team league - waiver wire is stripped clean). So ya, almost any starting RB - someone I could count on for 10-15pts in a PPR, would get him.

3 weeks ago I traded Gordon/Rivers for Rodgers in a start 3WR 10-team league (also have Demaryius, Green, AJ, and Tate).

I'm a Gordon owner in 2 leagues and safely in position to make the playoffs in both. I can't imagine dealing him for anything less than a top shelf starter if you are in that position. What's the upside?

I'm a Gordon owner in 2 leagues and safely in position to make the playoffs in both. I can't imagine dealing him for anything less than a top shelf starter if you are in that position. What's the upside?
Consider the other side, where you need a push to make the playoffs. Then, what do you take for him?

I like Benjamin. I was pretty wrong about him out of college (for now), but it'll be interesting to see if this if he continues to progress, or if teams can gameplan around him, rendering him ineffective.

In my mind, guys like Dez, Julio, Demariyus, Gordon, Megatron... you cant gameplan around them. You cant render them ineffective. Sure, theyll have off nights, but even against the best corners and safeties, they'll shred them w freakish ability and top end speed.

Im more of a risk taker, and thus have NO issue holding Gordon even against the BEST of offers... There is no NFL player in my dynasty league Id trade him for, straight up... a combo of how highly I rate his talent mixed w being a Browns fan.

I could be wrong again about Benjamin, but I dont think he has the "elite" intangibles to be in the upper echelon for an entire career
well, you obv overrate him if hes your no1 dynasty player.

i actually think his production will be in question. new system and a new qb and coming off a long layoff.

I think Gordon's value will be a a season high after Week 11 and Week 12.

Thus, I don't understand the argument of "if you've held on to him for this long, why would you trade him now?"

The answer is simple: Because his value is increasing week-by-week, despite the fact that there is this huge unknown factor of what will happen once he actually steps on the field.

Due to the change in offensive philosophy and the time he's been away from a REAL game, no one knows what will happen once he comes back. He can beast. He can be boom or bust. He can be average. He can be not worth the wait.

I'm in the need for a playoff push, so I would definitely trade him if the right offer came along.

If I'm somehow in the playoff picture come Week 12, I still would not hesitate to trade him, if I'm getting anything close to his value from last season. I think it's a no brainier for any rational thinkers.

I can trade Gordon and crow for vereen and rrandle. I'm 6 & 2, but my receivers are Calvin, Sammy, and cobb so I don't now if Gordon will do me much good. But I have everyone in a bye and if I can spin Gordon into a week 9 win, I'd take it bc 1 & 2nd get a bye in playoffs.

Offered and agreed to obtain J. Gordon in the 11th week (need to make it through a rough bye week). Giving up Lamar Miller. PPR.

Can keep J Gordon next season as a 6th round pick. Lose out on keeping Lamar Miller as a 5th round pick.

I'm 4-4, he's 6-2. Hoping Gordon will give me the playoff push I need. Already have Foster and McKinnon to anchor my RB core.

AJohnson + OBeckham offering too much in standard scoring? Seems like a lot.
I need more information to be honest.

Obviously if you have AJ and Beckham as starters, you are trading two starters for one. Say Gordon replaces Johnson, who replaces Beckham? I Johnson and Beckham are your 3 and 4 guys, that's different than if they are your 1 and 2 guys.
I'll take Gordon and a WR form the Island of Misfit Toys in my line up over the other two.

I was offered Brandon Marshall for him. I'm on the fence. My receivers are Julio, Antonio, my flex is DeAndre Hopkins. I what I need is a running back but I'm not sure who has better flip value. Marshall or Gordon?

He was just traded for Branden Oliver in one of my leagues. The team that let Gordon go had Bush, Cadet, Bernard, Jackson and Riddick so he was hurting for a RB. He is 5-3 right now. The team that drafted Gordon in the 13th round would be me. haha. I dropped him on waivers when he got suspended. My team is 6-2 and I really had to let him go at the time because of injuries and I didn't expect him back this year..

I've been holding Gordon all year and I'd trade him for almost any halfway decent starting RB. I'm in first place and I've done it without Gordon. My receivers have been my strength all year so it's not like I've needed him. What I couldn't withstand though is losing a starting RB. I basically have two. Charles and Foster and have thus far avoided a major injury. But if one of those two went down, I'd be in real trouble because what I have on my bench is pretty much nothing (14 team league - waiver wire is stripped clean). So ya, almost any starting RB - someone I could count on for 10-15pts in a PPR, would get him.
So it looks like I can get Sproles for him. Extremely tempted.

I traded him for Aaron Rodgers a few weeks ago. Gordon was a 3 year keeper though and the other team owner was basically done for the season.

see if you can get him to throw in someone like storm Johnson

He is in a new offense, the same offense that made andre johnson and then pierre garcon target monsters. people wonder what happened to those guys, well kyle left town is what happened. gordon put up record numbers with norv turner and jason campbell, he can be even more productive in this scheme. hold if you can so you dont /wrists when he goes off in atlanta.

I've only been offered Denard Robinson. Holding on for the rest of the season.

T J said:
Do RBs get 50pts per rushing yard?

I honestly have no idea what is tempting about that offer. Real talk.

Offered AJ Green or Dez ... got rejected.

Keep in mind that Gordon has great value as a keeper on the round he was drafted.

Users who are viewing this thread