What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2015 College Football Thread *** (2 Viewers)

Jayded said:
SEC West is now 30-1 in out of conference games in 2014. The "1"? Notre Dame.

Two big things from the win:

1. ND's #1 recruit is from LA and LSU has been trying to poach him. Yesterday solidified his commitment.

2. This week is when the all star games are played and buzz coming out of the win is already very favorable for ND prospects.
And ended 2014 with a nice 0-3 the last couple of days. Ouch!

Capella said:
Osaurus said:
Capella said:
seahawk 17 said:
Capella said:
seahawk 17 said:
tommyboy said:
still have that feeling.

ducks roll over FSU, and after listening to the FSU player interviews yesterday from LA, I think the ducks are going to kill them by 30
Let me get some +9 then.
you take FSU I give you 9? sure. howws $50 sound?
Solid bet, but you'll never see the money.
What? Who the #### are you? I've paid every bet I've lost here.
I'm the ####### guy that bet you 100.00 approximately seven years ago that Oregon would be in a BCS Bowl game before FSU. A couple seasons later when I tried to collect you blew me off.
Okkkkkkk. Don't remember that. Find me the bet and I'll send you a check in the morning.Edit: paid timschochaa for a lost bet just a few months ago. Play in multiple fantasy leagues here. Have paid multiple lost bets here. If you have some proof we bet 7 years ago, fine. Otherwise get ####ed.
Serious business
Not really. But I pay my debts and league fees. I did pay GM late years ago but that's because I was a lazy ###hole.
Cappy is a standup fella. If he owes, he'll pay. Never been an issue to my memory.

General Malaise said:
I think TCU would beat Ohio State by 40.
Ole Miss is garbage. The fact that Miss St. lost too today is further proof the SEC might as well been vomiting feces every time they spoke on how awesome the west was this year. I doubt this will be said much after tomorrow but enjoy your delusions of grandeur until then.
You might be right on the SEC West, but I still think TCU would shred OSU. Hell, I think they'd beat Oregon.

Watching games that are 20+ years old, two things are immediately striking: 1) the old-school helmets... perfectly rounded; no extra padding and crazy ventilation, and 2) ENORMOUS shoulder pads on everyone. It looks ridiculous, actually. These cornerbacks have more padding than nose tackles wear these days.
I love reading the old game recaps:

"Stan Humphries returned from a severe concussion he suffered in the first quarter, where he spent 8 minutes in a coma, to lead the Chargers to a 21-20 comeback victory over the Bengals."

General Malaise said:
Ole Miss is garbage. The fact that Miss St. lost too today is further proof the SEC might as well been vomiting feces every time they spoke on how awesome the west was this year. I doubt this will be said much after tomorrow but enjoy your delusions of grandeur until then.
You might be right on the SEC West, but I still think TCU would shred OSU. Hell, I think they'd beat Oregon.
Mad Cow disagrees

Rece Davis hosting Gameday. Wonder if that's a sign of things to come next year. A lot of speculation that the double duty wore Fowler down.

shader said:
So how is everyone feeling about the "other bowls" now that we have a playoff? For some reason the playoff has made me care about the other bowls even less.
I've been kinda lucky in that my schedule caused me to miss most of the blowouts, but catch the better games, even the early ones. Only dredge game I sat through was Arkansas/Texas.Today should be great :pickle:

Still recovering from last night. What a great season for GT. Beat Clemson, UGA in Athens, won the Coastal, and won the Orange Bowl against a tough MSU team for our 2nd SEC win. I know all folks seem to care about are national championships but I'm going to enjoy this for a while. Great job by the players and Coach Johnson. Go Jackets!!

Still recovering from last night. What a great season for GT. Beat Clemson, UGA in Athens, won the Coastal, and won the Orange Bowl against a tough MSU team for our 2nd SEC win. I know all folks seem to care about are national championships but I'm going to enjoy this for a while. Great job by the players and Coach Johnson. Go Jackets!!
You should. It's not all about national titles. You can have a great season without winning one.

You should. It's not all about national titles. You can have a great season without winning one.
An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Rece Davis hosting Gameday. Wonder if that's a sign of things to come next year. A lot of speculation that the double duty wore Fowler down.
If that's the case then they should just leave him on Gameday and take him out of the booth.

Having said that, Rece Davis is pretty much awesome at everything so I think he'd be excellent in the Fowler role on Gameday.

If that's the case then they should just leave him on Gameday and take him out of the booth.

Having said that, Rece Davis is pretty much awesome at everything so I think he'd be excellent in the Fowler role on Gameday.
:goodposting: I miss Brent on prime time.

And at the very least, get Rece away from May and Holtz.

Last edited by a moderator:
sec west has shat the bed.

Big 12 and big 10 have been bad so far.

I assume that means ACC and PAC have been pretty good?

sec west has shat the bed.

Big 12 and big 10 have been bad so far.

I assume that means ACC and PAC have been pretty good?
could always isolate individual teams instead of lumping them together as conferences too.Seeing as how Arkansas and TCU did kinda alright for themselves.

Oregon 40-34 on a controversial call

Alabama 38-21

But Ohio State gets selected anyway to advance.

I never thought i would say this, but now I am considering tOSU and the points. The "vaunted" SEC West has been interesting. The teams that placed last and second to last win impressively, but three other losses and Auburn not looking good against Wisconsin.

Nah, I'm still thinking Bama blowout!

General Malaise said:
Mad Cow disagrees
I don't know what that means.

General Malaise said:
Mad Cow disagrees
He sells sunglasses and has an armory in his basement.

General Malaise said:
Mad Cow disagrees
Oh. And he hates TCU?

General Malaise said:
Mad Cow disagrees
Oh. And he hates TCU?
He's a fighting chestnuts fan

Users who are viewing this thread