What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2015 Draft Prospects (1 Viewer)

Generally I think Matt Miller is pretty good tdmills. I was looking for Ryan Lownes rankings but didn't find any new material from him. It would be nice to collect as many pre combine lists as we can before things get really silly.

I share the same feeling that White is being over-ranked by a lot of the major draftniks lately.

Generally I think Matt Miller is pretty good tdmills. I was looking for Ryan Lownes rankings but didn't find any new material from him. It would be nice to collect as many pre combine lists as we can before things get really silly.

I share the same feeling that White is being over-ranked by a lot of the major draftniks lately.
I agree, I like Matt...but I see a huge difference between Gordon and Yeldon. I feel that Ryan has backed away somewhat, I haven't seen as much of his stuff lately.

White is a completely different player at 6'1 vs 6'3 doing what he does.

GBN Big Board: Top Prospects for the 2015 NFL Draft

Skill players:

2 *Jameis Winston QB Florida State (O)
3 *Marcus Mariota QB Oregon
5 *Amari Cooper WR Alabama
10 Kevin White WR West Virginia
12 Devante Parker WR Louisville (X)
20 *Mel Gordon RB Wisconsin
24 *Dorial Green-Beckham WR Oklahoma (O)
25 *Devin Funchess WR Michigan (TE)
27 *Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State
28 *Todd Gurley RB Georgia (X)
40 *Maxx Williams TE Minnesota
41 *Brett Hundley QB UCLA
42 *Tevin Coleman RB Indiana (X)
45 *Sammie Coates WR Auburn
52 Ameer Abdullah RB Nebraska (X)
54 Devin Smith WR Ohio State
57 *Nelson Agholor WR Southern California
60 Ty Montgomery WR Stanford (X)
64 Josh Harper WR Fresno State
65 *Duke Johnson RB Miami
66 Clive Walford TE Miami
67 Justin Hardy WR East Carolina
71 *Jay Ajayi RB Boise State
73 Vince Mayle WR Washington State
75 Bryce Petty QB Baylor
76 *TJ Yeldon RB Alabama
78 Jamison Crowder WR Duke
83 *Breshad Perriman WR Central Florida
85 Nick O'Leary TE Florida State
86 *Mike Davis RB South Carolina (X)
87 Tyler Lockett WR Kansas State
93 Phillip Dorsett WR Miami
95 *Jesse James TE Penn State
96 Jeremy Langford RB Michigan State
102 *Javorius Allen RB Southern California
104 Tony Lippett WR Michigan State
108 David Cobb RB Minnesota
109 Sean Mannion QB Oregon State
112 Ben Koyack TE Notre Dame
114 Rashad Greene WR Florida State
116 Cameron Artis-Payne RB Auburn
120 Dres Anderson WR Utah
122 *Tyler Kroft TE Rutgers
124 David Johnson RB Northern Iowa
130 Antwan Goodley WR Baylor
132 Jeff Heuerman TE Ohio State
135 Dominique Brown RB Louisville
140 EJ Bibbs TE Iowa State
145 Tyler Varga RB Yale
150 Nick Boyle TE Delaware
152 Tre McBride WR William & Mary
153 Garrett Grayson QB Colorado State
156 *Matt Jones RB Florida
157 *Stefon Diggs WR Maryland (X)
158 MyCole Pruitt TE Southern Illinois
163 Malcolm Brown RB Texas
169 *Davaris Daniels WR Notre Dame
174 Wes Saxton TE South Alabama
178 Karlos Williams RB Forida State
184 Terrance Magee RB LSU
188 Cody Fajardo QB Nevada
189 *Josh Robinson RB Mississippi State
191 Titus Davis WR Central Michigan
194 Kenny Hilliard RB LSU (X)
197 Dezmin Lewis WR Central Arkansas
198 Blake Bell TE Oklahoma
201 Connor Halliday QB Washington State
204 Rannell Hall WR Central Florida
205 *Dee Hart RB Colorado State
211 Marcus Murphy RB Missouri
213 Blake Sims QB Alabama
217 *Jean Sifrin TE UMass

That's crazy...Gordon at RB4 with Yeldon 1 spot behind him.

Kevin White is dropping like a rock next week when he measures in at 6'1 instead of 6'3
Miller is way off on this take. Funny how he knocks Gordon's prodcution, yet doesn't realize Tevin Coleman was so reliant on the big play.

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/542723046914543616

Melvin Gordon still carries RD2 grade for me. Like a lot of his traits, but also question production, next-level ability. Not a safe pick

Agree it's a solid draft this year -- the top-3/4 is maybe a little soft or with more Qs than in some previous years. But there's depth thru 15-20 for sure.

What's not there this year (at least so far) is completely unheralded guys that make picks 20-40 worth owning. Last year was a bonanza for late picks -- with McKinnon, Carr, Garoppolo, Janis and even some high risk/reward plays that already didn't pan out, like Lyerla. There will probably be a guy or two emerge, but right now I think it'll be fairly bare and appropriately priced after #20 this year.
FSU RB Karlos Williams' "character will be combed over carefully," wrote NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein.
Tallahassee police investigated Williams on a domestic battery case, though no charges were ever filed. "He seemed almost content to lose his job in 2014 and teams will be turning over every rock looking for information on his character," Zierlein wrote. "As a one-cut runner with exceptional burst and rare physical traits, Williams could become a very good starter in a zone-based scheme, but his floor is very low based on character and scheme fit." Added an NFC director of scouting: "Disappointing to see what he became as a runner this year. My grade dropped two full rounds on him and that is before the character stuff. He still has a very high ceiling though and that's in my report." Feb 9 - 10:04 PM
Source: NFL.com

Here's one late boom/bust candidate.

I have been reviewing games of Gordon and Gurley for an article that I'm writing. I think Nick Chubb is a much better prospect than either guy.

I have been reviewing games of Gordon and Gurley for an article that I'm writing. I think Nick Chubb is a much better prospect than either guy.
Awesome. Can I draft him this year?
:rolleyes:

Point was that neither Gordon or Gurley quite looked like the awesome talent I was expecting. I have spent a couple months away from the 2015 class watching devy players, so coming back with a fresh set of eyes was interesting. I'm only about halfway through their games that are available online, but right now my notes on Gordon are that he has good feet behind the LOS, north-south acceleration, patience, and vision. However, he goes down on first contact almost every time, has mediocre-to-below average elusiveness overall, does not appear to have truly elite speed, and has relatively bad balance. He has massive thighs, but no functional power. He made some great individual plays, but no doubt benefited from huge lanes at times. I have the 1.01 rookie pick in one league and I don't know that I could take him there with confidence. It may hinge on the combine a bit. Given how awesome his stats were last year, I don't find his tape to be quite equal to the production.

I haven't watched as much of Gurley yet, but there's a bit of a sluggish quality to his game. Fast top end speed, but slow acceleration. Slow to the LOS. Also runs a bit upright. Chubb is more powerful, more compact, and seemingly a lot faster out of the blocks. I went back and watched him for the sake of comparison after watching Gurley and he stood out more. So if you want to talk about this 2015 class, I would say it's hard to argue that the RBs are elite when there is a better guy in the lower grades already. Zeke Elliott might have a case as well.

That's like saying Jonathan Stewart was a better prospect than Jamaal Charles and Steven Jackson. Last time I checked, elite RBs come in all flavors.

I haven't watched as much of Gurley yet, but there's a bit of a sluggish quality to his game. Fast top end speed, but slow acceleration. Slow to the LOS. Also runs a bit upright. Chubb is more powerful, more compact, and seemingly a lot faster out of the blocks. I went back and watched him for the sake of comparison after watching Gurley and he stood out more. So if you want to talk about this 2015 class, I would say it's hard to argue that the RBs are elite when there is a better guy in the lower grades already. Zeke Elliott might have a case as well.
I couldn't disagree more with your Gurley evaluation. I see nothing sluggish about his game--especially how impressively quick he gets his 225 pound frame to top gear.

I have a feeling that in two years there will be shiny new toy to take Chubb's place and new found nitpicks for Chubb's game.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's like saying Jonathan Stewart was a better prospect than Jamaal Charles and Steven Jackson. Last time I checked, elite RBs come in all flavors.
Why is it like that? Maybe I just think he's a better talent. He does almost everything better than those guys.

Not likely since Chubb was more impressive as a freshman than Gurley has ever been.
Chubb looked great and it's not the end all or be all stat but Gurley did have a higher YPC average than Chubb last season and in similar games. Both looked great but I would not say Chubb looked more impressive than Gurley has ever been.

Not likely since Chubb was more impressive as a freshman than Gurley has ever been.
Chubb looked great and it's not the end all or be all stat but Gurley did have a higher YPC average than Chubb last season and in similar games. Both looked great but I would not say Chubb looked more impressive than Gurley has ever been.
This probably isn't the place for that discussion, but I felt he clearly looked better. It's not just about stats. Tevin Coleman had great stats against amateur defenses, but that doesn't mean he's a better prospect than people like Doug Martin or Steven Jackson who had much more modest numbers in college. What works against college defenses and what works in the NFL aren't exactly the same thing. That being said, I don't think there's any specific part of the game where Gurley has an edge over Chubb.

Gurley faced a much better SEC E and played that nasty Bama D in the championship game as a freshman. That years Florida D is much better than anything Chubb has suited up against. Chubb played in the weakest SEC E in some time last year.

Don't get me wrong--the kid is an absolute stud. But so was Gurley and I don't think Chubb has had a chance to look as good as Gurley did going at that Bama D.

I know it was more likely an idle comment and not to be made a big deal of, but I don't know what good it does to compare a freshman remaining in college to a guy available in 2015 dynasty drafts.

This year it's just a matter of how the prospects rate in relation to each other. I mean, you're not going to not draft a guy this year just because you hope you have a shot at a guy you like better next year.

Point was that neither Gordon or Gurley quite looked like the awesome talent I was expecting. I have spent a couple months away from the 2015 class watching devy players, so coming back with a fresh set of eyes was interesting. I'm only about halfway through their games that are available online, but right now my notes on Gordon are that he has good feet behind the LOS, north-south acceleration, patience, and vision. However, he goes down on first contact almost every time, has mediocre-to-below average elusiveness overall, does not appear to have truly elite speed, and has relatively bad balance. He has massive thighs, but no functional power. He made some great individual plays, but no doubt benefited from huge lanes at times. I have the 1.01 rookie pick in one league and I don't know that I could take him there with confidence. It may hinge on the combine a bit. Given how awesome his stats were last year, I don't find his tape to be quite equal to the production.

The bolded above are absolutely not true. Also for strengths Gordon's vision is just o.k...I wouldn't list his vision as a strength. Gordon is not a power back by any means but he does run with some power.

This year it's just a matter of how the prospects rate in relation to each other.
Well, not necessarily. It's also important to think about where they fit in the grand scheme of things. Is the QB1 in this draft a "soft" #1 like EJ Manuel or a "solid" #1 like Andrew Luck? Both those guys were drafted as the top player at their position in their draft, but that alone doesn't tell us a whole lot about their ability. My point in bringing up Chubb was that he represents more of a legitimate "wow" type of prospect whereas Gurley and Gordon seem more flawed. So if you're thinking about where these guys fit in the hierarchy of all NFL RBs, I'm not sure it's quite as high as their reputations would lead you to believe.

I also have Chubb rated as the best RB in college football. (With the caveat that I've only been able to find video of two of his games, against Louisville & Auburn.) His biggest edge on Gurley is in his power & slipperiness in traffic, which is one area where Gurley is not so special and Chubb is.

The bolded above are absolutely not true. Also for strengths Gordon's vision is just o.k...I wouldn't list his vision as a strength.
I watched three of his games last night. From what I recall he is extremely easy to tackle. Goes down almost every time anyone gets a hand on him. One of the biggest weaknesses in his game. Maybe his vision isn't as good as I've suggested, but to me he did a good job of finding the hole and making the right decisions.

This year it's just a matter of how the prospects rate in relation to each other.
Well, not necessarily. It's also important to think about where they fit in the grand scheme of things. Is the QB1 in this draft a "soft" #1 like EJ Manuel or a "solid" #1 like Andrew Luck? Both those guys were drafted as the top player at their position in their draft, but that alone doesn't tell us a whole lot about their ability. My point in bringing up Chubb was that he represents more of a legitimate "wow" type of prospect whereas Gurley and Gordon seem more flawed. So if you're thinking about where these guys fit in the hierarchy of all NFL RBs, I'm not sure it's quite as high as their reputations would lead you to believe.
But if I'm on the lookout for a RB, these are the first guys I'm going to pick from this year. I could agree they're not necessarily elite prospects but part of that is because the elite bar is set so high.

I think it was pretty clear (to everyone except Jon Gruden and the Bills) that Manuel wasn't going to offer much at the QB spot.

But guys like Gordon and Gurley are of the Le'Veon Bell variety - good talents that, if put in the right situation, will produce great numbers.

Why is it like that? Maybe I just think he's a better talent. He does almost everything better than those guys.
Each guy has a unique style. At the end of the day, eventual (fantasy) production is what's going to matter. I do like Chubb a lot, but I also like both Gordon and Gurley a lot. In a vacuum I'd take Chubb over Gurley, but I wouldn't say that means Chubb is "a better prospect". He's just better at certain things. Gordon doesn't have either guy's power, but he has great acceleration and great feet. Put each guy behind the same O-line and you'll likely get the same results.

The bolded above are absolutely not true. Also for strengths Gordon's vision is just o.k...I wouldn't list his vision as a strength.
I watched three of his games last night. From what I recall he is extremely easy to tackle. Goes down almost every time anyone gets a hand on him. One of the biggest weaknesses in his game. Maybe his vision isn't as good as I've suggested, but to me he did a good job of finding the hole and making the right decisions.
Sorry, but 100% disagree.

ETA -- Can watch the whole thing, but starting here at 4:00 you can watch clip after clip of him going through tackles. A full 16 minutes of highlights for just this season. Some with big holes but others where he's able to get through guys trying to tackle him.

Of the 3 things I highlighted you are closest on this. He's not a power runner but he is strong enough to break some tackles. I don't see see him dropping at first contact. I don't think a RB can average over 7 yards a carry over 2 plus years of college football if that were the case. Your assessment of his elusiveness and balance are stunning to me as most everyone lists those as his strengths. His balance is incredible. While his vision is decent he likes to bounce runs outside which worked well at the college level but won't be open as much at the pro level. He will just have an adjustment period that's all.Look I get that not everyone loves Gordon and his success at the NFL level is up for debate I was just shocked at reading your assessment of him because it's so different from not only everything I've read about him but also everything I've seen with my own eyes. Also keep in mind the Badgers offensive line wasn't as good as in years past (still decent) and their passing game was embarrassing for a top 20 program. Gordon was facing stacked boxes all year.

I just re-watched the 3 games I watched last night: LSU, Nebraska, and Ohio State. Overall, I'll stand by what I said. He does shed contact here and there, but it's not a big part of his game. The Nebraska game was the best game of his career and even that only had a handful of plays with significant yards after contact: the stiff-arm along the sideline in the first half, the busted LB tackle near the end of the game, the sideline hurdle (if you want to count that), and maybe 1-2 more that I'm forgetting. He did most of his damage running around the edge. Not a lot of impressive runs up the middle or good cuts at the second level. Only one big "make-you-miss" play against Nebraska that I can remember.

I'm really curious to see how he fares in the NFL. He's a unique type of back. People compare him to Charles, but a closer look reveals that they're very different. Gordon is a lot bigger, but also not nearly as fast. I counted three plays where he was run down from behind (1 vs. LSU and 2 vs. Nebraska). His acceleration is good, but he does not have the top speed of a real sprinter like Spiller, Charles, or CJ2K. At the same time, he is not especially slippery and/or powerful in traffic. Yes, you will get a juke or a broken tackle here and there, but neither trait is elite. It's kind of hard to pin down exactly what he is. He's not a power back like Stewart or MJD. He's not a juker like Abdullah or McCoy. I'd be tempted to say he's a speed back, but he's not really THAT fast compared with the league's best. You would never see Charles or Spiller run down from behind like Gordon was at times.

None of this guarantees his failure and he could always test better at the combine than expected (220+ pounds and 4.3X in the 40 could be in play, though I would estimate a lower weight and a slower 40 time). Still, I'd be more comfortable with him if he more clearly fit into one of the molds of what's currently working in the NFL.

I just re-watched the 3 games I watched last night: LSU, Nebraska, and Ohio State. Overall, I'll stand by what I said. He does shed contact here and there, but it's not a big part of his game. The Nebraska game was the best game of his career and even that only had a handful of plays with significant yards after contact: the stiff-arm along the sideline in the first half, the busted LB tackle near the end of the game, the sideline hurdle (if you want to count that), and maybe 1-2 more that I'm forgetting. He did most of his damage running around the edge. Not a lot of impressive runs up the middle or good cuts at the second level. Only one big "make-you-miss" play against Nebraska that I can remember.

I'm really curious to see how he fares in the NFL. He's a unique type of back. People compare him to Charles, but a closer look reveals that they're very different. Gordon is a lot bigger, but also not nearly as fast. I counted three plays where he was run down from behind (1 vs. LSU and 2 vs. Nebraska). His acceleration is good, but he does not have the top speed of a real sprinter like Spiller, Charles, or CJ2K. At the same time, he is not especially slippery and/or powerful in traffic. Yes, you will get a juke or a broken tackle here and there, but neither trait is elite. It's kind of hard to pin down exactly what he is. He's not a power back like Stewart or MJD. He's not a juker like Abdullah or McCoy. I'd be tempted to say he's a speed back, but he's not really THAT fast compared with the league's best. You would never see Charles or Spiller run down from behind like Gordon was at times.

None of this guarantees his failure and he could always test better at the combine than expected (220+ pounds and 4.3X in the 40 could be in play, though I would estimate a lower weight and a slower 40 time). Still, I'd be more comfortable with him if he more clearly fit into one of the molds of what's currently working in the NFL.
You put too much stock into an overall 40 time.His strength will be his explosiveness in his Vertical and Broad Jump, not his long speed. We all know that already. People don't compare him to Charles because of the speed. Charles is special for other reasons besides his speed. There's a reason why he's still good and Chris Johnson is washed up.

Gordon's acceleration is evident when you watch him. He makes his money blowing last defenders within the first 10-20 yards. His "speed" is comparable to David Wilson, who wasn't "fast" to your standards, but he was damn explosive. I guess because Wilson had to retire you're gonna hold it against him that he wasn't "a working mold".

Rotoworld:

Breshad Perriman - WR - Knights

NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein says UCF WR Breshad Perriman has the "height, weight and speed numbers that every team covets."

"Quick accelerator off the snap and destroys the cushion, forcing cornerbacks into 'turn-and-run' mode," Zierlein wrote. "Rare combination of size, top-end speed and suddenness that can be found in some of the best receivers in the game." Perriman is one of the hottest prospects in the class at the moment. ESPN's Mel Kiper recently ranked Perriman as the No. 5 receiver in the class and mocked him to the 49ers at No. 15. NFL.com's Gil Brandt says Perriman is in the first-round mix.

Source: NFL.com

Feb 13 - 2:47 AM

Man, watching Sammie Coates the whole time I was yelling (not actually yelling) "GO GET THE FING BALL!!" He must drive his WR coach crazy.

He's like a really gifted fighter that needs his trainer to get him pissed off right before the fight. I'd like to see him get mentored by Steve Smith. He needs more hate in his game.

Do you guys ding a top level prospect for being a senior? I'm not talking about a from an age aspect.

For example, Parker is consider by many as a top 3 WR but is the fact that he is a senior a negative for such an elite prospect? Shouldn't that special of an athlete be in the NFL as soon as possible? Parker might be a special case but it's more of just a general thought.

A guy like Zeke Elliot seems to be burdened by the fact he has to go back instead of entering the draft.

Here is Lance Zierleins list from nfl.com sorted by draft grade

Cooper, Amari WR 6'1" 210 Alabama 7.0
Winston, Jameis QB 6'4" 230 Florida St. 6.5
Mariota, Marcus QB 6'4" 219 Oregon 6.3
Gurley, Todd RB 6'1" 226 Georgia 6.3
White, Kevin WR 6'3" 210 West Virginia 6.2
Gordon, Melvin RB 6'1" 213 Wisconsin 6.2
Parker, DeVante WR 6'3" 211 Louisville 6.1
Coleman, Tevin RB 6'1" 210 Indiana 6.1
Ajayi, Jay RB 6'0" 216 Boise St. 5.9
Abdullah, Ameer RB 5'9" 195 Nebraska 5.9
Strong, Jaelen WR 6'3" 215 Arizona State 5.8
Perriman, Breshad WR 6'3" 214 Central Florida 5.8
Johnson, Duke RB 5'9" 206 Miami 5.8
Greene, Rashad WR 6'0" 180 Florida St. 5.7
Smith, Devin WR 6'1" 199 Ohio St. 5.7
Williams, Maxx TE 6'4" 250 Minnesota 5.7
Green-Beckham, Dorial WR 6'6" 225 Missouri 5.6
Dorsett, Phillip WR 5'10" 183 Miami 5.6
Mayle, Vince WR 6'3" 219 Washington St. 5.6
Coates, Sammie WR 6'2" 201 Auburn 5.6
Walford, Clive TE 6'4" 258 Miami 5.6
Funchess, Devin TE 6'5" 230 Michigan 5.6
Yeldon, T.J. RB 6'2" 221 Alabama 5.6
Diggs, Stefon WR 6'0" 190 Maryland 5.5
Agholor, Nelson WR 6'1" 190 USC 5.5
Montgomery, Ty WR 6'2" 220 Stanford 5.5
Lockett, Tyler WR 5'11" 175 Kansas St. 5.5
Rawls, Thomas RB 5'10" 217 Central Michigan 5.5
Conley, Chris WR 6'3" 205 Georgia 5.4
Goodley, Antwan WR 5'11" 220 Baylor 5.4
Smelter, DeAndre WR 6'3" 222 Georgia Tech 5.4
Anderson, Dres WR 6'2" 190 Utah 5.4
Crowder, Jamison WR 5'9" 175 Duke 5.4
Harper, Josh WR 6'1" 185 Fresno St. 5.4
Lippett, Tony WR 6'3" 185 Michigan St. 5.4
Davis, Titus WR 6'2" 190 Central Michigan 5.4
Waller, Darren WR 6'5" 241 Georgia Tech 5.4
Anderson, Rory TE 6'5" 227 South Carolina 5.4
O'Leary, Nick TE 6'3" 247 Florida St. 5.4
Heuerman, Jeff TE 6'5" 255 Ohio St. 5.4
Koyack, Ben TE 6'5" 254 Notre Dame 5.4
Cobb, David RB 5'11" 220 Minnesota 5.4
Davis, Mike RB 5'9" 223 South Carolina 5.4
Artis-Payne, Cameron RB 5'11" 210 Auburn 5.4
Hardy, Justin WR 6'0" 188 East Carolina 5.3
Bell, Kenny WR 6'1" 185 Nebraska 5.3
McBride, Tre WR 6'2" 205 William & Mary 5.3
Kroft, Tyler TE 6'6" 240 Rutgers 5.3
Derby, A.J. TE 6'5" 255 Arkansas 5.3
Lewis, Dezmin WR 6'4" 212 Central Arkansas 5.2
Hill, Austin WR 6'3" 212 Arizona 5.2
Davis, Andre WR 6'1" 205 South Florida 5.2
Luckett, Donatella WR 6'0" 210 Harding 5.2
Christian, Gerald TE 6'3" 250 Louisville 5.2
Uzomah, C.J. TE 6'5" 264 Auburn 5.2
Boyle, Nick TE 6'6" 270 Delaware 5.2
Sifrin, Jean TE 6'7" 250 Massachusetts 5.2
Heard, Braylon RB 5'11" 189 Kentucky 5.2
Murphy, Marcus RB 5'9" 195 Missouri 5.2
Crockett, John RB 6'0" 202 North Dakota St. 5.2
Brown, Malcolm RB 5'11" 222 Texas 5.2
Williams, Trey RB 5'8" 195 Texas A&M 5.2
Sims, Blake QB 6'0" 208 Alabama 5.1
Heinicke, Taylor QB 6'1" 213 Old Dominion 5.1
Halliday, Connor QB 6'4" 201 Washington St. 5.1
Carden, Shane QB 6'2" 221 East Carolina 5.1
Hall, Rannell WR 6'1" 200 Central Florida 5.1
Davis, Devante WR 6'3" 215 UNLV 5.1
Taylor, Jordan WR 6'5" 210 Rice 5.1
Norwood, Levi WR 6'2" 200 Baylor 5.1
Long, Deon WR 6'0" 185 Maryland 5.1
Varga, Tyler FB 5'10" 227 Yale 5.1
Robinson, Josh RB 5'9" 215 Mississippi St. 5.1
Magee, Terrence RB 5'9" 217 LSU 5.1
Bell, Blake TE 6'6" 259 Oklahoma 5.1
Saxton, Wes TE 6'4" 235 South Alabama 5.1
James, Jesse TE 6'7" 254 Penn St. 5.1
Trail, Lynden TE 6'7" 260 Norfolk St. 5.1
Bridge, Brandon QB 6'5" 235 South Alabama 5.0
Fajardo, Cody QB 6'2" 215 Nevada 5.0
Catalon, B.J. RB 5'9" 190 TCU 5.0
Fowler, Jalston FB 6'1" 248 Alabama 5.0
Scheuerman, Ross RB 6'1" 205 Lafayette 5.0
Hart, Dee RB 5'9" 190 Colorado St. 5.0
Lee, Khari TE 6'4" 235 Bowie St. 5.0
Pierce, Casey TE 6'4" 242 Kent St. 5.0
Bibbs, E.J. TE 6'3" 264 Iowa St. 5.0
Pruitt, MyCole TE 6'3" 255 Southern Illinois 5.0
Mason, Hutson QB 6'3" 209 Georgia 4.9
Boone, Anthony QB 6'0" 225 Duke 4.9
D'Orazio, Zach WR 6'2" 217 Akron 4.9
Greenberry, Deontay WR 6'3" 200 Houston 4.9
Williams, Kasen WR 6'3" 217 Washington 4.9
Brown, Da'Ron WR 6'0" 196 Northern Illinois 4.9
King, Nigel WR 6'3" 210 Kansas 4.9
Richards, Addison WR 6'5" 205 Regina 4.9
Kelly, Taylor QB 6'2" 210 Arizona State 4.8
Mumphery, Keith WR 6'1" 211 Michigan St. 4.8
Ruffin, Ezell WR 6'1" 210 San Diego St. 4.8
Thompson, Dylan QB 6'3" 218 South Carolina 4.7
Sumler, Tacoi WR 5'9" 175 Appalachian St. 4.6

Borden said:
Man, watching Sammie Coates the whole time I was yelling (not actually yelling) "GO GET THE FING BALL!!" He must drive his WR coach crazy.

He's like a really gifted fighter that needs his trainer to get him pissed off right before the fight. I'd like to see him get mentored by Steve Smith. He needs more hate in his game.
Really don't think you can teach that to someone when they're 22. Either you've got it or you don't.

I think you left off Dyer. They have a super low grade on him anyway.

I'm not going to say Dyer is a great prospect or a lock to be anything in the league. I agree with the criticism that he's a bit tight and lacks elusiveness, but I did think his film was reasonably good last season in the games I recorded. I think some of the analysts underestimate how well he might test in the drills. You never know until the numbers come in, but I expect him to be one of the most impressive physical specimens at RB and that should at least have teams thinking hard on day three. Anyway, looking forward to seeing the results for all of these guys. There are always surprises.

I think you left off Dyer. They have a super low grade on him anyway.

I'm not going to say Dyer is a great prospect or a lock to be anything in the league. I agree with the criticism that he's a bit tight and lacks elusiveness, but I did think his film was reasonably good last season in the games I recorded. I think some of the analysts underestimate how well he might test in the drills. You never know until the numbers come in, but I expect him to be one of the most impressive physical specimens at RB and that should at least have teams thinking hard on day three. Anyway, looking forward to seeing the results for all of these guys. There are always surprises.
Yeah I only did the first page of players of Lance Zierleins list. Not my intent to leave anyone off it.

I see Dyer a lot on top 100 lists. CBS has him as RB 22 and 271 overall right now. A 7th-FA for projected round he will go in the draft.

Do you guys ding a top level prospect for being a senior? I'm not talking about a from an age aspect.

For example, Parker is consider by many as a top 3 WR but is the fact that he is a senior a negative for such an elite prospect? Shouldn't that special of an athlete be in the NFL as soon as possible? Parker might be a special case but it's more of just a general thought.

A guy like Zeke Elliot seems to be burdened by the fact he has to go back instead of entering the draft.
No. I prefer to look at age instead. Parker will only be 22 in his Rookie year. AJ Green and Demaryius Thomas were 22 in their final college seasons as Juniors.

Michael Floyd, Jordy Nelson, and Reggie Wayne were 22-year old Seniors.

On paper, Parker is very close to Nelson: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9T3hZQCAAA2_Gq.png

msommer said:
tdmills said:
Biabreakable said:

Kevin White is dropping like a rock next week when he measures in at 6'1 instead of 6'3
Too short to be elite, eh?
Excuse me?
White should drop because he's not that good. The perception that he'll measure shorter than listed stems from the fact that he doesn't really outleap defenders often nor does he have a big catch radius.

msommer said:
tdmills said:
Biabreakable said:

Excuse me?
White should drop because he's not that good TO ME. The perception that he'll measure shorter than listed stems from the fact that he doesn't really outleap defenders often nor does he have a big catch radius.
Fixed so you don't speak for the masses. We get it, you don't like White, but add some personal preference to your calls otherwise you come off sounding like a snotty know it all.

msommer said:
tdmills said:
Biabreakable said:

Excuse me?
White should drop because he's not that good TO ME. The perception that he'll measure shorter than listed stems from the fact that he doesn't really outleap defenders often nor does he have a big catch radius.
Fixed so you don't speak for the masses. We get it, you don't like White, but add some personal preference to your calls otherwise you come off sounding like a snotty know it all.
What about it is not "personal" enough? I typed it out myself and it came from my mind. Sorry if it was over your head.

So tell me why you like White so much to be so offended?

P.S. You're too kind. Yeah right. I am a snotty know it all and I don't care what you think of me. I only care what you think about the players. Thanks.

Rotoworld:

Kansas State WR Tyler Locket "put on a clinic" when facing TCU CB Kevin White, according to NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah.

Lockett "beat him over the top, rolling out of underneath tackles etc.." per Jeremiah. The two faced off a number of times at the Senior Bowl as well. White, like former TCU corner Jason Verrett, plays a physical game despite being a smaller outside corner. Lockett can be swift to create separation and to sustain it.

Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

msommer said:
tdmills said:
Biabreakable said:

Excuse me?
What about it is not "personal" enough? I typed it out myself and it came from my mind. Sorry if it was over your head.

P.S. You're too kind. Yeah right. I am a snotty know it all and I don't care what you think of me. I only care what you think about the players. Thanks.
If you say, like you did, that "he is not that good" then it comes off as you sounding obnoxious and that your opinion is the only one that matters. I thought that was clear. I can't be the only one that read it that way.

To answer your question as to why I like White it's quite simple. He runs good routes, is physical, doesn't get pushed around, high points it really well, and breaks tackles. He's also a plus blocker from what I've seen. Compared to other top WR's like Parker/Strong, White has much more explosiveness than those guys too. If you have a different opinion on him that's fine, I just have a problem with the way you portray your attitude towards certain players. He doesn't meet some criteria you've put together therefore he sucks... Give me a break.

msommer said:
tdmills said:
Biabreakable said:

Excuse me?

If you say, like you did, that "he is not that good" then it comes off as you sounding obnoxious and that your opinion is the only one that matters. I thought that was clear. I can't be the only one that read it that way.

To answer your question as to why I like White it's quite simple. He runs good routes, is physical, doesn't get pushed around, high points it really well, and breaks tackles. He's also a plus blocker from what I've seen. Compared to other top WR's like Parker/Strong, White has much more explosiveness than those guys too. If you have a different opinion on him that's fine, I just have a problem with the way you portray your attitude towards certain players. He doesn't meet some criteria you've put together therefore he sucks... Give me a break.
I never said he sucks and my opinions are my own unless otherwise noted. I bet you do this to everyone who doesn't clearly state that what they wrote is their own opinion and doesn't represent the masses. Or you just have a problem with me regardless. Nice double standard.

How is it any more obnoxious than me hearing people say Kevin White is a top 10 talent, when to me he's not even close. I mean, I watch a ton of tape of players at all levels, Freshmen, Sophomores, etc, and even high schoolers. And Kevin White is nowhere close to a top 10 talent to me. Sounds a lot like the treatment I got for Marqise Lee last year. LOL.

Never said my opinion is the only one that matters. But you're free keep on slandering me.

If I don't like a player I don't like them. You just sound like an offended White fan, that's all. (See I'm assuming just like you're doing.) I mean if someone says a player I really like is not that good, I'd just talk about the player, not call them out for thinking their opinion is the only one that matters. You sound like you just wanna be a tough guy standing up for White. Great job.

Users who are viewing this thread