What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**2015 MLB Season Thread: This is how the chapter ends (2 Viewers)

Good Posting Judge said:
SF's playoff chances go from 11% to 3% with the sweep. LA goes from 90% favorites to win the division to 98%.
They should be hire because it's the Cubs. Maybe that's factored in somehow?

"Good said:
SF's playoff chances go from 11% to 3% with the sweep. LA goes from 90% favorites to win the division to 98%.
They should be hire because it's the Cubs. Maybe that's factored in somehow?
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH ABOUT MY CUBS.
Did I really spell "hire" that way? Jesus.
Your highered!
i dont no what i was thinking their.

@CJNitkowski: Pirates lose at Milwaukee 5-3 & are now 29-78 at Miller Park since Randall Simon hit a sausage from the sausage race on 7.9.03 #BlameRandall

Grahamburn said:
Harper scored 4 runs last night without swinging the bat.
I saw this stat somewhere else. Is this really a big deal? Barry Bonds probably did this a bunch of times, no?

Grahamburn said:
I saw this stat somewhere else. Is this really a big deal? Barry Bonds probably did this a bunch of times, no?
Has only happened 4 times apparently. Bryce Harper, Rickey Henderson, Joe Morgan, and Larry Doby
Those are the guys with 4 runs without recording an official at-bat. I don't know if anyone else has done it without swinging the bat at all.

Grahamburn said:
Has only happened 4 times apparently. Bryce Harper, Rickey Henderson, Joe Morgan, and Larry Doby
Crazy Harper stat: only 38.3% of pitches to him this season have been in the strike zone. In 2004- the year he walked 234 times- 44.4% of pitches to Bonds were in the strike zone.

Another fun one: he's seen 32 pitches out of the zone in the three games this month and swung at one of them.

This whole Matt Harvey thing is a mess. I want to see some emperial data telling me north of 180ip is bad for TJ guys. Seems like a high #### factor involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't blame Mets fans for hating him.

Waino may get hurt every other year, but he's willing to throw 875 innings with tape and silly puddy holding his elbow together (or in this case, his Achilles) if he can talk the training staff into letting it fly.

No matter the answer, it's arbitrary. Only bad things can happen from doing so. Don't set one and re-evaluate as you go.

It's pretty hard to root against the Mets, they are the team every fan wants. Bunch of ridiculous in house pitching talent, great trades in getting Cespedes and Uribe, and some yeomen regulars doing work on the cheap.

To me this is Harvey's call, if he wants to do a Strasburg then so be it. But there is a lot of tap dancing here, if Mets knew he was on an innings limit then they are morons. Seems to me though if I was Harvey, this is on me. No one is telling me I can't pitch in the playoffs. I either do or I dont, but what I do with my body/arm is my choice. :2cents:

He stands to make a crap ton of money if he stays healthy. I don't blame him.
Sounds like the ####ification of America. I might not go to work tomorrow because traffic might suck and an asteroid might hit me. Walter and Randy Johnson would pitch.

It's pretty hard to root against the Mets, they are the team every fan wants. Bunch of ridiculous in house pitching talent, great trades in getting Cespedes and Uribe, and some yeomen regulars doing work on the cheap.

To me this is Harvey's call, if he wants to do a Strasburg then so be it. But there is a lot of tap dancing here, if Mets knew he was on an innings limit then they are morons. Seems to me though if I was Harvey, this is on me. No one is telling me I can't pitch in the playoffs. I either do or I dont, but what I do with my body/arm is my choice. :2cents:
I get what you're saying but they're still from NY. I have no problem rooting against big market teams :shrug:

I get what you're saying but they're still from NY. I have no problem rooting against big market teams :shrug:
The Mets aren't really a big market team. They don't draw particularly well and ownership has been reticent to spend in FA. I think of them more like a Seattle or Detroit than I doi a Red Sux or Doyers.

Funny to hear DD ##### about payroll when DET is like 4th on the list in payroll for this decade
I want to bump all the stuff you predicted this year, you have been the most wrong of any baseball forum poster in 2015. Porcello is a top ten pitcher leads the pack in dumb things said this year. Also rooting for the Yankees AND Red Sox is the gayest thing in fandom. NTTAWWT

I think you said at some point that Boston was the best hitting team in the AL. Did you mean in the past or future? Because the present ended really badly for you. But then again, you have your Yankees and Twins. One of them is bound to make the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold on, hold on.

I need to go to the bathroom and change my OrtizPED jersey to a Brett Gardner jersey. No way anyone notices.

The Mets aren't really a big market team. They don't draw particularly well and ownership has been reticent to spend in FA. I think of them more like a Seattle or Detroit than I doi a Red Sux or Doyers.
Just because the Mets are diverting their revenues to pay off the Wilpons' debt doesn't turn Flushing into Milwaukee

Just because the Mets are diverting their revenues to pay off the Wilpons' debt doesn't turn Flushing into Milwaukee
Have you been to Flushing?

Have you been to Flushing?
It's aptly named

Users who are viewing this thread