What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Cleveland Browns - Open at Home v Dallas (1 Viewer)

I don't even know who we play next week but I don't think we stand a chance in hell starting DTR in the playoffs or even against a real NFL quarterback.
at Broncos then at Rams.

DTR looked a lot better than I thought he would.

better than PJ Walker in his second start.

they can definitely make the playoffs, and by then he will have a few starts under his belt.

is it likely that they can make some noise in the playoffs?

no.

but it’s not impossible either at this point.

enjoy the ride.

I really hate this Browns team. They should be 3-7 but that defense is just so f'n good. I say this as a Texans fan who holds their #1 pick and fighting for Wild Card position.

We should be 8-2 actually... That Seattle game still makes me nauseous

I really hate this Browns team. They should be 3-7 but that defense is just so f'n good. I say this as a Texans fan who holds their #1 pick and fighting for Wild Card position.

how about the first Steelers game???

they should’ve kicked their butts in that game!

I know, but didnt wanna get greedy. Seattle should've been an actual W.

how about the first Steelers game???

they should’ve kicked their butts in that game!

I know, but didnt wanna get greedy. Seattle should've been an actual W.
it’s super difficult to win in Seattle. I actually don’t feel bad about that one.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Browns signed QB Joe Flacco to their practice squad.

"Championship"

We definitely have a coach and a coach of the year candidate.
-------------------------
Whatever it takes
I've kinda been blowing off the coach of the year stuff but I gotta say, the game plans he's been putting together this season are some of the best I've seen since he's been here. Could have made some adjustments in the 3rd quarter yesterday but I'll take the win, ugly or not. These guys kinda look like a team of destiny right now and they are believing in what Stefanski's selling.

Also fun to look back at the comments from last week. DTR ride or die baby!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

@ Broncos
@ Rams
Vs. Jaguars
Vs. Bears
@ Texans
Vs. Jets
@ Bengals

how do you guys see the rest of the year playing out?

i think the only "gimmie" games are the Bears and the Burrow-less Bengals

@ Broncos
@ Rams
Vs. Jaguars
Vs. Bears
@ Texans
Vs. Jets
@ Bengals

Not sure which one but they will win one of the next two, leaning toward DEN but regardless they split and come home 1-1 from the road trip
Jaguars - Loss
Bears - Win
Texans - Loss
Jets - Win
Bengals - Win

Give or take. I could see us beating either the Texans or Jaguars too but I'm edging to winning out and I don't think that happens in any reality.

What record do you think CLE ends the season with? That amazing D should keep them competitive but I see 9-8 type finish.
Think they can win 2 more games. Mindset has got to be defeating even for their defense. I can also be hoping for this since I'm a Texans fan and we have their #1 pick.
only need one more now.
They got at least 4 more wins in them, no question.
No question? Cool what are the 4 no question locks they will win and how much are you going to bet?

@ Broncos
@ Rams
Vs. Jaguars
Vs. Bears
@ Texans
Vs. Jets
@ Bengals

Not sure which one but they will win one of the next two, leaning toward DEN but regardless they split and come home 1-1 from the road trip
Jaguars - Loss
Bears - Win
Texans - Loss
Jets - Win
Bengals - Win

Give or take. I could see us beating either the Texans or Jaguars too but I'm edging to winning out and I don't think that happens in any reality.
That’s not 4 no question win locks. FYI Browns can’t score not going to play Steelers every week. Texans put 30 on them.

@ Broncos
@ Rams
Vs. Jaguars
Vs. Bears
@ Texans
Vs. Jets
@ Bengals

Jaguars - Loss
Bears - Win
Texans - Loss
Jets - Win
Bengals - Win

Texans put 30 on them.

Put 21 on a dead horse Arizona, but dropping 30 on arguably the best DEF in the league.

Not that it can't happen... It absolutely can. But how did THIS become your conclusion?

We definitely have a coach and a coach of the year candidate.
-------------------------
Whatever it takes
I've kinda been blowing off the coach of the year stuff but I gotta say, the game plans he's been putting together this season are some of the best I've seen since he's been here. Could have made some adjustments in the 3rd quarter yesterday but I'll take the win, ugly or not. These guys kinda look like a team of destiny right now and they are believing in what Stefanski's selling.

Also fun to look back at the comments from last week. DTR ride or die baby!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Rich Eisen makes his case for Stefanski

@ Broncos
@ Rams
Vs. Jaguars
Vs. Bears
@ Texans
Vs. Jets
@ Bengals

Jaguars - Loss
Bears - Win
Texans - Loss
Jets - Win
Bengals - Win

That’s not 4 no question win locks. FYI Browns can’t score not going to play Steelers every week. Texans put 30 on them.
Yea it kinda is and I penciled in the Texans as a loss so...so?

Haven't watched this team play by play this year. How is the passing defense? Is it shut down or is it a result of a great pass rush? Trying to gauge whether to start Sutton this week.

Haven't watched this team play by play this year. How is the passing defense? Is it shut down or is it a result of a great pass rush? Trying to gauge whether to start Sutton this week.
I'd say they have 1 1/2 shutdown corners. It's a good team defense that starts up front. The pressure the passer very well from all positions up front which hurries the throw which makes our CB look good...and they are pretty good to begin with. Tough to say sit or bench because they have given up some big gains in the last few games with a competent QB. I'm not sure Russell Wilson is the Russell Wilson of old but he's competent. How's your OL? If they are middle of the road, I'd say Wilson is going to have a long day. If they are pretty stout then it should be a good game.

1/2 game back from having best record in the AFC it is a shame it comes in the year Watson and Chubb are out. This could been the year folks.

Aggressive and deep up front because they trust their cover corners. Since I think the Colts game was a result of them reading their headlines the only WR that's consistently beaten them (Pickens had the one busted play though) all season is Lockett. The double whammy of McLeod and Walker being out at the same time could open a hole, but that's up the middle where Sutton doesn't win. I'll start him where I don't have alternatives cause touchdowns, but this matchup is an avoid.

Aggressive and deep up front because they trust their cover corners. Since I think the Colts game was a result of them reading their headlines the only WR that's consistently beaten them (Pickens had the one busted play though) all season is Lockett. The double whammy of McLeod and Walker being out at the same time could open a hole, but that's up the middle where Sutton doesn't win. I'll start him where I don't have alternatives cause touchdowns, but this matchup is an avoid.
Dynamic might have changed some, Ward could be out for the DEN game per Mary Kay.

Dynamic might have changed some, Ward could be out for the DEN game per Mary Kay.

That's the nudge I needed to start Sutton

Broncos on a 4 game win streak and Denver is always a difficult place to play.

the rookie is really being thrown into the fire the first three starts of his career.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all

Watson out
Chubb out
Conklin out
Wills out
Garrett potentially out
Ward hurt
DTR hurt/concussion

Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all

Watson out
Chubb out
Conklin out
Wills out
Garrett potentially out
Ward hurt
DTR hurt/concussion
Sadly, I think you are missing a few...

It’s been time for Flacco. That offense was a train wreck. They have a good enough record to be a wild card team, but not with Walker or DTR.

It’s been time for Flacco. That offense was a train wreck. They have a good enough record to be a wild card team, but not with Walker or DTR.
i thought DTR actually had a few nice moments, but yeah. you can't win consistently with a 5th round rookie.
He also had some abjectly terrible moments.

And this was against a pretty mediocre Broncos defense (one that's been playing better, but still)

If they go to the playoffs with DTR they're gonna get waxed.

i thought DTR actually had a few nice moments, but yeah. you can't win consistently with a 5th round rookie.

If they go to the playoffs with DTR they're gonna get waxed.
Yep. Will be ugly on the road against a decent playoff team. 40-3 potential

In his press conference today, Stefanski says he feels good about where Myles is with the shoulder. Scans revealed no structural issues. He is day to day and could play this week depending on how he is feeling. We may have dodged a bullet on this one.

Tony Grossi - "Now that Watson is unavailable, can any of your existing quarterbacks execute a quarterback sneak or do you have to rely on the tight end?"

Stefanski - "all things that we'll work through...again, that ball was on the ground. That was unfortunate. That hasn't happened this season...um...so we'll continue to work through it."

:mellow:

In his press conference today, Stefanski says he feels good about where Myles is with the shoulder. Scans revealed no structural issues. He is day to day and could play this week depending on how he is feeling. We may have dodged a bullet on this one.

:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread