What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

I need a flex in half PPR. I can go with guys on my roster or try to pick someone up a free agent.

On roster: Ekeler (vs BUF) or Waller (vs PHI).

Free Agents: Jayden Reed (vs CAR), Doubs (vs CAR), Beckham (vs SF), Downs (vs ATL) or Meyers (vs KC)

Thanks! Kinda sad that it's gotten the point where Ekeler isn't an automatic start compared to the rest of these guys.
How can this be the same Austin Ekeler we have seen for the past few years?

My feeling is everyone is a crapshoot, but you know that already.

The only logic I can come up with is that this is the Chargers first game with the new HC and, I think (Hope? Pray???) that he sets a mandate to feed Austin until his legs fall off. I mean, doesn't that seem logical and something that a guy with a sudden three week job interview would do?

So, I hold my nose and plug Ekeler in and pray.

If that is too much for you, and I can totally see why that would be the case then...I probably go with Waller against the reeling, pass funnel Eagles defense. He had six targets last week against a pretty good defense so it seems like a reasonable gamble.
Thanks. Ekeler’s ECR blows away the others, but he’s been garbage.

Semis decision its a .5ppr for RB, 1PPR for WR league.

I need to decide at RB:
Pollard (vs 11th rank vs Mia)
or
Pacheco (vs 22nd rank vs RBs Raiders)

and if Both are great options, do I start one of them over Addison in the Flex.

My thought is to lean Pacheco at RB as he is back and Mckinnon is dinged up so I expect they lean on him a bit, plus he had a great game a few weeks ago vs the Raiders. Pollard has been so up/down do I risk it here vs a much better defense.

Addison seems to have Mullens eye so maybe continues the lightning in a bottle vs the 24th vs WR Detroit Def. I'm leaning leaving Pollard out of the lineup this week.

Talk me off the ledge and thank you again for all your contributions this year @Chaka !!

I think Pacheco is a smash start - consensus has Pollard higher but I'm not seeing it

Keep riding Addison

I’m an underdog but curious how 23.2 points from Olave adjusts my decision at my last flex spot. McBride, Swift, G. Wilson. I already start AJB. (Opponent has Hurts) Also Nick Mullens vs. Minchew.

Going against: Hurts, CMC, Deebo, Higgins, Lockett and more. Fingers crossed.

hard to bench McBride

Mullens has a far greater chance of being in a high scoring game, ATL-IND could be a low scoring affair

I have to pick 3 of the 5 RBs I lose this week and my season is over (Need top 11 out of 66 teams)

CMC - IN
Kyren Williams
Kamara
Gibbs
Mostert

how'd you make out here?

hoping you started Kyren and sat Kamara

I would take Mostert over Gibbs

I have to pick 3 of the 6 RBs I lose this week and my season is over (Need top 11 out of 66 teams)

Kyrin Williams
Kamara
Gibbs
Taylor
Ken Walker
Achane

presuming this is a different league - hope you started ony Williams last night

is Walker playing? DNP Thursday. Achane is not an option IMO you want volume. I would say it's a coin flip between Gibbs and JT, would lean slightly toward the Colts RB

Standard scoring, no PPR, need 1 for flex:
I. Pacheco vs LV (this is who I currently have in that position)
D. Henry vs Seattle
J. Taylor vs Atl

Currently, the experts lean towards Henry. I like the matchup better for Pacheco and McKinnon is also banged up. Taylor would be my 2nd choice as Moss is also banged up but Atlanta has had a pretty decent defense, especially lately. My other RB's are Kamara and K. Williams so not benching either of those.

thanks for your thoughts!

well Kamara put you behind the 8 ball

hard to trust King Henry after last week though he was great the 3 weeks prior

Taylor looks like a full go but I'm expecting a low scoring slow paced game there

kind of like Pacheco for the upside

off to a good start

I started Olave +9.61 over projection
Villain had Kamara (-7.53) under projection

I am missing Chase, he is missing Keenan

I'm basically questioning everything lol

Full PPR 4 pt passing TDs
  • QB - need 1
    lost Burrow, haven't had the FAAB to replace, looking at
    Goff at MIN (9 gs for my team)
    Minshew at ATL
    Mullens v DET

• WR - need 1
    Waddle is my WR2, but WR3 is very shaky:
    Palmer v BUF
    Reed (DNP x 2) at CAR (5 gs)
    Wicks (LP) at CAR

• RB - need 2
    Hall v WAS (11 gs)
    Gibbs at MIN (8 gs)
    Pacheco v LV (12 gs)

• TE - need 1
    LaPorta at MIN (12 gs)
    Njoku at HOU (2 gs)

• W/R/T FLEX - need 1
    none of the WRs, probably looking at Gibbs/Hall v Njoku

Need 2 RB's and 1 flex, PPR
These are my options ranked in order of projections
Oh, and I'm a 20+ point favorite, so high floors are probably best.

Bijan vs IND
Gibbs @ MIN
Etienne @ TB
Godwin vs JAX
Swift vs NYG
Higgins @ PIT
Smith-Njigba @ TEN

I'm thinking go with those projections. There are many pros and cons fighting each other, which makes it tough.

go with the chalk

Bijan, Gibbs, ETN

off to a good start

I started Olave +9.61 over projection
Villain had Kamara (-7.53) under projection

I am missing Chase, he is missing Keenan

I'm basically questioning everything lol

Full PPR 4 pt passing TDs
  • QB - need 1
    Minshew at ATL
    Mullens v DET

• WR - need 1
    Palmer v BUF
    Wicks (LP) at CAR

• RB - need 2
    Hall v WAS (11 gs)
    Gibbs at MIN (8 gs)
    Pacheco v LV (12 gs)

• TE - need 1
    LaPorta at MIN (12 gs)
    Njoku at HOU (2 gs)

• W/R/T FLEX - need 1
This is the time of year where we all question everything.

Goff. My only hesitation would be game script. Hopefully Vikings can keep it within a couple scores.

Palmer. Chargers are already down 2 scores in this one. Throw. Throw. Throw.

Hall for sure. Then Gibbs. That fact that it's Pacheco's first game back and it's against a team they should beat i sit him.

Laporta. I don't care what numbers are used in the case to go with Njoku. I couldn't sit Laporta under any circumstance and feel good about it.

10 team PPR, 100+ bonus of 5 points. Lost Chase. It’s not TE-P.

I need 3 WR, 1 TE & 1 Flex from
Lamb, ARSB, Ridley, Nico Collins, LaPorta, Hock, Z.White, Singletary

Nico returned to practice today and should have a heavy workload seeing as other WR are banged up, but coming off a calf, with a backup QB, against a tough CLE secondary gives me pause.

Lamb & ARSB are locks, and LaPorta has been too hot to bench.

So that really leaves me the dilemma of who to flex between Nico, Hock, Singletary, & White.
  1. Hock
  2. Singletary
  3. Nico
  4. Zamir

Please pick one - league with most of the scoring tied to TD's (scaled bonus for longer TD's as well as rushing scores for QB's):

Jake Browning @ Steelers ...no Chase but the Pitt D is banged up
Kyler Murray @ Bears ...Kyler has not been producing through the air and the Bears D is balling

I've been going back and forth
Thank you

Browning and I don't think it's that close

ECR has Murray higher - good floor with the rushing yards - but the Bengals QB has been QB4, QB4 & QB8 the last 3 weeks

First off, thanks Chaka and those that have made this thread useful throughout the season!.

.5 ppr

T Chandler v Det
Singlertary v Cle
EE @ Den
HUbbard v GB
Need 2

Palmer v BUF
McLaurin @ NYJ
McBride @ Chi
Kelce v LV
Need 2

Need 2 RBs and

Thx

0.5 PPR
Flex: DSmith (NYG) vs Chandler (Det) -- leaning Smith because of Chandler's matchup, but I'm a little worried about his production whenever Goedert is in the lineup

Non-PPR
RB: Conner (Chi) vs Zeke (Denver) -- leaning Zeke
WR: Addison (Det) vs. Diontae (Cinci) -- JA has a great matchup, but a couple lucky plays last week aside, he hasn't been very good for the past month. Diontae doesn't look great and is in a terrible offense, but he somehow manages to keep getting it done every week

ETA: I'm aware that Smith hasn't practiced all week and there's a chance that he sits. There's also a (far lesser) chance that Rhamondre is back, which would gut Zeke's value. Bigger problem is that the Eagles play on Monday and the Pats play on SNF, so there's a chance I won't know before having to make that decision. In the case of Smith, my backup option would be Jakobi Meyers, playing in the early slot Monday

Last edited:
First off, thanks Chaka and those that have made this thread useful throughout the season!.

.5 ppr

T Chandler v Det
Singlertary v Cle
EE @ Den
HUbbard v GB
Need 2

Palmer v BUF
McLaurin @ NYJ
McBride @ Chi
Kelce v LV
Need 2

Need 2 RBs and

Thx
The RBs really comes down to how you view talent vs opportunity. Chandler and Singletary are probably your two best RBs, but their matchups are tough. Zeke and Hubbard are mediocre RBs with great matchups. I think I'd lean their way, but it really comes down to what makes you comfortable.

With the pass catchers, I think you have to go with the two TEs. I don't see how you can trust LAC's offense, and McLaurin's been bad this year even when he wasn't facing the league's top pass D

• QB - need 1
    Minshew at ATL
    Mullens v DET

• WR - need 1
    Palmer v BUF
    Wicks (LP) at CAR

• RB - need 2
    Hall v WAS (11 gs)
    Gibbs at MIN (8 gs)
    Pacheco v LV (12 gs)

• TE - need 1
    LaPorta at MIN (12 gs)
    Njoku at HOU (2 gs)

• W/R/T FLEX - need 1
Goff
if no Reed, then Wicks
if Reed, then Palmer
Gibbs, Hall
TE-pick em although lean Njuku

This is my kid's league (8-team, no stakes) but I really want to help him make the finals
PPR, pick two:
Montgomery @ Minn
Hall vs Wash
Waddle vs Dallas

Full PPR

Pick a Flex
WR Diontae Johnson home vs Bengals
WR Tyler Lockett at Titans
RB Jerome Ford at Texans
RB Jaylen Warren home vs Bengals
RB Zach Charbonnet at Titans (if Ken Walker is out - he was DNP on Wed/Thu with a shoulder, LP on Friday and Pete Carroll (aka Petey Sunshine) says he expects Walker to play)

Full PPR

Pick a Flex
WR Diontae Johnson home vs Bengals
WR Tyler Lockett at Titans
RB Jerome Ford at Texans
RB Jaylen Warren home vs Bengals
RB Zach Charbonnet at Titans (if Ken Walker is out - he was DNP on Wed/Thu with a shoulder, LP on Friday and Pete Carroll (aka Petey Sunshine) says he expects Walker to play)
Seems crazy to say, but Diontae probably has the highest floor. None of the others are their team’s No. 1 option

Ok, off to the semi's we go:

Standard scoring, non-ppr league. I need to start 2:

Pittman vs ATL - Looks like he cleared protocol but has a shoulder injury. Hard to bench if he plays since he has been so consistent
D. Smith vs NYG - Hasn't practiced this week and plays Monday night. If there is no update by Sunday morning, I think he has to be benched as you can't risk a zero
Ford vs HOU - They bottled up Henry last week and he still splits carries with Hunt. He is down on my list
Hubbard vs GB - He has been fairly hot lately and deserves a look

For Defense, I need to decide between:

Bills vs LAC - Chargers looked checked out and Bills need a win; New interim coach may provide a spark
Colts vs ATL - Colts have been hot and this is still a good matchup

I heard a good comment this week which was: I would rather play a known quantity defense in a good matchup versus an average defense in a great matchup; It's the playoffs.

Thoughts?

Does one even dare to go beyond thinking about starting:

Very standard, basic scoring.

Geno @ Titans
or
Flacco @ Texans

over
Dak @ Dolphins

???

Shocked that this even seems like a decision...but, the matchups....and it's that time of year.

Also, same very standard, basic scoring

2 of 4

Pollard @ Dolphins
Gibbs @ Vikings
Zeke @ Broncos
Chandler vs Lions

Geno @ Titans
or
Flacco @ Texans

over
Dak @ Dolphins

???

Shocked that this even seems like a decision...but, the matchups....and it's that time of year.

2 of 4

Pollard @ Dolphins
Gibbs @ Vikings
Zeke @ Broncos
Chandler vs Lions
There’s no chance I’d bench Dak for those two. Dolphins gave up over 300 yds to Levis.

Full ppr, pick 1 for flex.

Between injuries, bad matchups, and poor performance, I've been struggling with this choice.

After Puka's Thursday night performance, I'm between a 2:1 and 3:1 favorite to win.

Ekeler vs Bills
Conner @ Bears
Collins vs Browns
D Johnson vs Bengals
Reed @ Panthers

Geno @ Titans
or
Flacco @ Texans

over
Dak @ Dolphins

???

2 of 4

Pollard @ Dolphins
Gibbs @ Vikings
Zeke @ Broncos
Chandler vs Lions
No. In a game where he is gonna need points, only reason Dak doesn't get 300 yards is if Miami runs the ball 50 times limiting Cowboys to 5 possessions. Which might work, but seems unlikely. You start Dak and enjoy here

Due to injuries... Half ppr flex

Najee today or wait and see if foreman is out start roschon/spears if not. Could also do wicks

Here's one:
FFPC scoring:

Currently have C.Samuel @ NYJ and T.Lockett @ Tenn in my lineup.
IF Nico Collins is active off an injury do I put him in my lineup and if so who do I sit?
Thanks for your time and have a great Holiday!

Jayden Reed being questionable to start tomorrow and Pickens playing today makes this more difficult

PPR, choose one for my flex
Jayden Reed @ CAR
George Pickens vs CIN
Josh Downs @ ATL
Isaiah Likely @ SF
Demario Douglas @ DEN

Normally Reed would be an easy start, but I'm nervous that even assuming he plays, his injury status could limit his snaps, but maybe he's still the play unless he's ruled out (in which case I can fall back on anyone but Pickens)

So I could maybe just start Pickens who theoretically has the best combination of floor and ceiling, but for all I know the floor could get pulled out from under him if he abdicates blocking responsibilities again

I guess Downs is the Colts punt returner now? His 38 yards in returns last week would have given me 3.8 points and helps his floor, but receptions have been hard to come by recently

Weird to consider starting a TE as flex @SF, but Likely has put up 2 straight big weeks

I like Douglas, but almost didn't put him down as an option -- his performance makes a stronger case than I realized

Here's one:
FFPC scoring:

IF Nico Collins is active off an injury do I put him in my lineup and if so who do I sit?
Unless you're in desperate need of a hail mary (in which case you can hope against hope for one of Nico's monster games), I go with Lockett no matter what

I don't like a possibly limited Nico against that Cleveland D or Samuel against the Jets DBs

Here's one:
FFPC scoring:

Unless you're in desperate need of a hail mary (in which case you can hope against hope for one of Nico's monster games), I go with Lockett no matter what

I don't like a possibly limited Nico against that Cleveland D or Samuel against the Jets DBs
Thanks,so Lockett no matter what.
Then if Collins is active is it him or Samuel as the lesser of two evils?

Here's one:
FFPC scoring:

Thanks,so Lockett no matter what.
Then if Collins is active is it him or Samuel as the lesser of two evils?
If active, I'd go Collins over Samuel, but it's close

Users who are viewing this thread