What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Saturday Night Football on ABC - Lions 11-4 at Cowboys 10-5** (-5.5 , 52) 8:15 (2 Viewers)

Good job going for two on the original call.

Bad to go for it, and got lucky.

Then the luck ran out.

That's what I was thinking in real time, so there's no second guessing.

That's how Campbell runs his ship, and I respect the heck out of it.
I was just thinking how many plays like that do you really have in your playbook.
Exactly. The first attempt made sense. On the second one he should have kicked it. By the third time you gotta be thinking “how many more plays do we have, and at what point does Micah Parsons just blow up Goff?”

Well I covered....by the skin on my balls.

I'll take it.

And fire MM. wretched clock management. Just amateur hour.

Lions D generally played very good... outside of actually covering Lamb. Lions O struggled but moved the ball when Goff wasn't turning it over.
Detroit with the opportunities to win or tie, but Lions lived and died by Dan Campbell's supercharged aggressiveness.
A lot closer than some people expected, but a close loss is still a loss. Lions stuck with 3 seed; we'll see how they play out Week 18.

I have never laid into Dan Camobell but this is just absolute stupidity, don't care if the guy was WIDE OPEN if you listen to the booth

You take the XP and you go to Overtime, I might be livid if I were a Lions' player right now
Coaches have to know when they need to circle their players and protect them, kicking that XP would have shown that ability but Campbell right now is LACKING in that category
BIG TIME

-You GD Fool!

Total BS. Not livid at all. There is a reason the players love Campbell and will run throw walls for him. He puts the ball in their hands and goes for the win.

gotta be honest. As good as Cowboys defense has been, as good as they've been at home....I would have wanted to take my chances on a single play from the 2 or 3 also. Probably not from the 7 but it fits Campbells personality and is far FAR from the worst coaching call even in this game. McCarthy dialing up a deep pass play on second and 10 was

So Quinn's stupidity with that prevent D was only bested by Dan 'Staley' Campbell's ultimate stupidity. This after he gave up an easy 3 earlier in the game as well.

I have never laid into Dan Camobell but this is just absolute stupidity, don't care if the guy was WIDE OPEN if you listen to the booth

You take the XP and you go to Overtime, I might be livid if I were a Lions' player right now
Coaches have to know when they need to circle their players and protect them, kicking that XP would have shown that ability but Campbell right now is LACKING in that category
BIG TIME

-You GD Fool!

Total BS. Not livid at all. There is a reason the players love Campbell and will run throw walls for him. He puts the ball in their hands and goes for the win.

How does kicking an XP and sending the game into OT not put the ball in his players hands to win the game? At the 2 yard line, I can see going for it. At the 7, kick the XP. At the 4, kick the XP.

BIG TIME

-You GD Fool!
sorry MOP, can't disagree strongly enough. You go for two there (maybe not from the 7, but certainly from 2 or 3) OT on the road is less then a 50-50 shot. One play from the 2 or 3 is better then 50%

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF
in the post game presser we get something like we heard with Toney from KC where something taken for granted with all NFL officiating and tonight at the worst time they did something different than normal but well within the letter of the law/rules...MOP is gonna have a **** FIT

-I have had enough of the NFL ruining the end of what is otherwise a terrific and thrilling football game
It's like at the end of a great movie or film, the last 5-10 pages of the script they just send the writers home or they cut it out and write their own ending

I have had enough of loving a football game only to watch complete bull spit unfold at the end and judging by the way Dan Campbell almost body slammed the Ref...I'm thinking
something really bad happened

BIG TIME

-You GD Fool!
Ya - it’s baffling to me. If I was a Lion’s fan I would be losing my ****.

I want MM fired for the second down call.

OMG as a Lion fan and also going against Lamb in my championship. They should have kicked the field goal earlier in the game. I don't disagree with going for it at the end but for Christ sake, take a deep breath and tie the game to move on once you had been given a gift. Stubborn and stupid, with that said I think the :Lions can beat anyone except the 9ers at this stage.

I haven’t been paying attention, does the loss change the Lion’s playoff seeding?
I don't think so.

Eagles and Niners will be 1-2 (currently at 11 wins each). Bucs suck and are locked into 4 (currently at 8 wins). Barring a total meltdown by Eagles/Niners both going 0-2 these last 2 weeks the Lions were stuck at 3 win or lose.

The poor coaching is not having that original play totally locked in, players reporting and lineing up etc. That has to be a play that you've practiced a ton, screwing that up is the major issue IMO. I like originally going for it but execution has got to be tight as a drum.

in the post game presser we get something like we heard with Toney from KC where something taken for granted with all NFL officiating and tonight at the worst time they did something different than normal but well within the letter of the law/rules...MOP is gonna have a **** FIT

-I have had enough of the NFL ruining the end of what is otherwise a terrific and thrilling football game
It's like at the end of a great movie or film, the last 5-10 pages of the script they just send the writers home or they cut it out and write their own ending

I have had enough of loving a football game only to watch complete bull spit unfold at the end and judging by the way Dan Campbell almost body slammed the Ref...I'm thinking
It was a good call though. Simple procedural thing they failed to do. Cant blame the zebras

I haven’t been paying attention, does the loss change the Lion’s playoff seeding?
I don't think so.

Eagles and Niners will be 1-2 (currently at 11 wins each). Bucs suck and are locked into 4 (currently at 8 wins). Barring a total meltdown by Eagles/Niners both going 0-2 these last 2 weeks the Lions were stuck at 3 win or lose.
not true. Lions would have won the tiebreaker over Philly had both won out.

BIG TIME

-You GD Fool!
sorry MOP, can't disagree strongly enough. You go for two there (maybe not from the 7, but certainly from 2 or 3) OT on the road is less then a 50-50 shot. One play from the 2 or 3 is better then 50%
I did say I disagreed with the 1st call going for it, that's fair and I'm glad @Capella gave a rousing thumbs up, all good

-However you both must agree that going for it on 4th and 7 or 4th and an XP/2-Pt and you are on the 7 yd line
You kick the XP, I've never seen a coach try and go for 2 points from the 7 yard line, none in recent memory
That cannot be a good choice even from the analytics, wherever these humanoids reside

It was a good call though. Simple procedural thing they failed to do. Cant blame the zebras
wow...now they're talkong about it after the game and seems maybe it was the refs screwing up, or at least a miscommunicaiton

It’s baffling to me that people just think extending the game and going to OT is better than a 2 yard conversion. Even 4 yards. 7 is where it’s super iffy but the first and third decision were spot on and every coach should employ it. Stop being cowards.

From the 7 was pretty poor but the others were totally fine

BIG TIME

-You GD Fool!
Ya - it’s baffling to me. If I was a Lion’s fan I would be losing my ****.

I want MM fired for the second down call.
Only person who should be fired is that ref

Video looks like #68 went over to the refs to report as eligible. Question, don't the referees announce that #68 is eligible before the play so the defense knows.

Users who are viewing this thread