What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Titans at Dolphins on Monday Night Football** (-14, 46) 8:15 - ESPN (1 Viewer)

In a 1 point game, Chubb is the LVP for his stupid penalty.
That was so boneheaded. Especially considering they made the stop anyway.

It’s a team sport. Chubb was either mad about not getting the stat for himself, or mad about not being the one to make the stop. Either way, he selfishly cost his team 7 points. Just a gift-wrapped 1st down.

One of the most idiotic and selfish penalties I’ve seen in a long, long time. Zero hyperbole - just a crazy terrible action.

I'm going to the playoffs!
Same. 4th lowest score for me all year and FINALLY won one of those games with a low score.

2nd lowest score of the year for me, 10th on the week, played the guy who had the lowest score

was down by 28.40 and won by 6.28 (Waddle 13.90 + Reed 20.78)

would have finished in a 4-way for 6th and missed the playoffs (with the 3rd highest points on the year) had I lost

in the event I end up the 4 seed

History. First loss by a team up by 14 with under 3 minutes to play since 2016. The Jets came close...

>>Last year in Week 2, Jets trailed the Browns by 13, w/1:55 left after the Chubb TD. Only reason it wasn't 14 was because Cade York missed the PAT.<<

From Quirky Research...

>>The Titans are the first NFL team ever to be down 14 points with less than 2:55 left and win without overtime.<<

That hurts, Armstead and Hunt were playing very well when healthy. Holland is the highest rated safety. Plus Jaelan Phillips is our best pass rusher and was doing well versus the run. The backups have been playing well so far. I don't think Miami covers the 13.5 points.

Eta: Jerome Baker is out. That's 3 starters on defense and 2 on offense. All but Phillips are expected back.
Dolphins are early 8.5 point favorites at home vs the JETS. Unless the oline (now Connor Williams too, so 4 starters hurt) and Tyreek get healthy by Saturday, and one of the safeties comes back from injury, I don't think Miami covers. Put your bets in now.

It’s a team sport. Chubb was either mad about not getting the stat for himself, or mad about not being the one to make the stop. Either way, he selfishly cost his team 7 points. Just a gift-wrapped 1st down.

One of the most idiotic and selfish penalties I’ve seen in a long, long time. Zero hyperbole - just a crazy terrible action.

The craziest part is that, unless I'm misremembering, he's still the guy who made the stop. He didn't get the sack but he chased down Levis and made the tackle downfield. He was just mad he didn't complete the sack I guess?

Close games means a lot of plays get magnified. This game is almost the opposite of the Denver game in that way. Miami got all the breaks in that game early and then it just turned into a track meet. This game Miami got a lot of good bounces and a lot of bad ones but it was anohter of those "janky" playcall games where McDaniel seemed to be overthinking things again, especially in the red zone. No Jet sweeps? No two man games with Mosert and Achane in close? Let's go under center with our backup center and hope for the best?

Tennessee basically had two viable guys all night and Miami somehow couldn't adjust. You can pin this on the D, but Miami had the ball with 2:35 left and the playcalling was suspect at best when one first down likely ices this game.

Miami loses the first game they "should" have won this season. Now its all about the Jets.

(BTW, Miami fans at this point are all waiting for the "other shoe" to drop. We've seen this too many times since Dan left to feel in any way Happy about this team)

The craziest part is that, unless I'm misremembering, he's still the guy who made the stop. He didn't get the sack but he chased down Levis and made the tackle downfield. He was just mad he didn't complete the sack I guess?
There's no I in team except in Spanish (equipo) and sometimes NFL contracts which are often tied to individual metrics like sacks. His tirade cost the team 4 points in what turned out to be a 1-point game. He was having his best year - 8 sacks, 4 FF.

Give credit to Levis for a great game at the end, good decisions. His arm talent is up there with Allen and Mahomes.

Tennessee basically had two viable guys all night and Miami somehow couldn't adjust. You can pin this on the D, but Miami had the ball with 2:35 left and the playcalling was suspect at best when one first down likely ices this game.
Coaching should get scrutiny. The dline got tired in the 4th and wasn't putting pressure on Levis, remember the blitz by Kader early in the game that caused an errant throw.

On offense, see how TEN runs screens to Spears, and how most teams use their TEs like Okonkwo to keep the LBs honest. Tua is throwing to Achane as a 2nd or 3rd read on those wide patterns giving the defense time to react. McDaniel can't depend on Tua to keep throwing deep into tight windows when teams play back. He needs to mix up the playcalling more when teams put pressure on Tua.

I wonder how many Titan fans on the east coast turned off the game after the second TD in the 4th quarter only to wake up this morning and find out you won the game.

No, IIRC a safety made the tackle WHILE Chubb was shaming his helmet down like a big dumb dummy.

ETA: Just checked. Ramsey made the tackle.

Last edited:

No, IIRC a safety made the tackle WHILE Chubb was shaming his helmet down like a big dumb dummy.

Chubb got credited with the assist on the tackle. Video

He shouldn’t have been.

I just read the recap on yahoo, and CBS. They both say Ramsey.

I don’t think Chubb was credited with anything there. I mean, except for the boneheaded penalty for which he gets full credit.

He shouldn’t have been.

I don’t think Chubb was credited with anything there. I mean, except for the boneheaded penalty for which he gets full credit.

He got credited in the official NFL game book. :shrug: Not saying whether he should or shouldn't have, my original point was merely that it's even crazier that he threw a tantrum because he recovered from blowing the sack and chased down the QB anyway.

He shouldn’t have been.

He got credited in the official NFL game book. :shrug: Not saying whether he should or shouldn't have, my original point was merely that it's even crazier that he threw a tantrum because he recovered from blowing the sack and chased down the QB anyway.
I strongly suspect that that will be taken away from him with the Thursday updates.

And having watched that replay twice, I assure you he did not get back up and recover to go be any part of that tackle.
After the missed sack, it was a solo tackle by Jalen Ramsey.

He shouldn’t have been.

I strongly suspect that that will be taken away from him with the Thursday updates.

And having watched that replay twice, I assure you he did not get back up and recover to go be any part of that tackle.
After the missed sack, it was a solo tackle by Jalen Ramsey.

ok

Users who are viewing this thread