What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** SF @ SEA Game Thread *** (2 Viewers)

Anyone here going to the game?
Just got a call from a buddy with an extra ticket in a suite...giddy up :banned: It's pissing rain right now but the winds haven't started to kick in quite yet. It's going to be messy though...they're talking about closing one of the floating bridges near Husky Stadium as early at 9pm local time. It's going to be an unusal storm...

This will be your best indicator of the wind as we near game time...good luck all

Wind Gauge on 520 bridge

PS. I've decided to pull my Hawk skill players from this game except for SA
Could you call a fellow FBGer so they can post your observations?(Even though you'll be in a cushy skybox.)
According to this wind guage, winds are already up to 20mph and kick-off is not for another couple of hours. DAMMIT, I guess I'll have to start Vince over Hass.

I live about 100 miles north of Seattle near the Canadian border.

This has been the worst football weather by far since they imploded the Kingdome. Somehow all the UofWash games were fairly nice, but the Seahawks just keep lucking into the worst days. Odd coincidence, but it happens. The "it always rains" reputation is not really deserved. That's cool though. The folks here don't mind the reputation because it keeps more people in California.

We had crazy hail twice since yesterday here in Bellingham. Giant sized stuff came down last night hitting our deck. It was so loud that everyone in our house gathered near the windows to watch it. Freaky stuff. Same thing happened today at the school I work at. Didn't last long, but it was sort of weird.

It's cold. It's wet. It's nasty out right now. All that said. I won't be surprised to see some decent weather when the game starts, but I'm no weatherman.

Here is the latest forecast on the game specifically...

http://video.nbcsports.com/player/?id=50904
Interesting, thanks for posting.He's saying winds up 25-35 mph all game, with gusts to 65. "Field goals will be difficult if not impossible, even extra points may be tricky."
Dont get suckered. They are talking about huge gusts - yet the highest gust of the hour is 9 MPH. I think we are knocking down a whole house because there is a crack in the wall.
That's the highest gust THIS hour. Game kicks off 2 hours from now...About the time is storm is actually expected to arrive.There is more then a "crack in the wall" here.
Wind just kicked up to 20 mph a few minutes ago. The areas to the SW (where the weather seems to be moving from) are showing 30 mph winds.http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Traffic/Bridges/sr520/

If you have any sort of dection option (top 15) at QB, I don't know why this wouldn't be the deciding factor to bench Hasselbeck.

Just heard some stories from around our county. We had snow in Ferndale and Lynden today (again, about 100 miles north of Seattle).

Wind warnings for tonight were from 45 to 60 mph with gust up to 90 mph. However, we usually get much stronger winds in our area than they get in Seattle.

Just heard some stories from around our county. We had snow in Ferndale and Lynden today (again, about 100 miles north of Seattle).Wind warnings for tonight were from 45 to 60 mph with gust up to 90 mph. However, we usually get much stronger winds in our area than they get in Seattle.
Shick, any reason to think conditions will be better inside the stadium?

Also worth pointing out the SF defense has been pretty decent against the pass. Over the last three games they've given up 18.6 fantasy points per game (counting 6 points for TDs), despite facing Brees, Bulger, and Favre.

This sucks. Lose Darrel Jackson and Kevin Jones this week. Have to fill in with A. Bryant, B. Engram, DJ Hackett, or D. Carter. Really wanted to play Hackett. Probably will wait until just before game time. Suxor to be me right now. :banned:

Just heard some stories from around our county. We had snow in Ferndale and Lynden today (again, about 100 miles north of Seattle).Wind warnings for tonight were from 45 to 60 mph with gust up to 90 mph. However, we usually get much stronger winds in our area than they get in Seattle.
Shick, any reason to think conditions will be better inside the stadium?
The only way I can imagine it won't be as bad inside is because the open end of the stadium is to the north. We generally get our weather from the south. That's true for the folks farther north in the Puget Sound. Not so sure about in Seattle.

Great, looks like its Wilkins in the Black Hole, which is precisely what i wanted to avoid. Hurricane or black hole. Yuck.

Above all, if you've got a tough decision on a playoff game...GO WITH YOUR GUT! Just do what your gut's telling you is right, and at least you have peace of mind in that respects.

We're watching the NFL network right now. . yeah, it's raining, but the rain is falling straight down. For god's sake Marriucci's hair looks PERFECT! And he's on the field!

I'm leaning toward keeping Hass in. . . still 2 hours to go though.

I'm afraid I'm going to pick up Gramatica and Brown's going to nail a 60 yarder in this wind.
The question is, when Brown has missed, has it been to the left or the right? Looks like the gusts will be to the SSW for part of the game...so if he tends to kick left to right, I'd say the chances of him shanking will be greater.

I'm afraid I'm going to pick up Gramatica and Brown's going to nail a 60 yarder in this wind.
The question is, when Brown has missed, has it been to the left or the right? Looks like the gusts will be to the SSW for part of the game...so if he tends to kick left to right, I'd say the chances of him shanking will be greater.
His misses:
Misses: 41B, 53B, 30B, 34LU, 40WL, 53WR
:angry:

His misses:
So his main problem is making the kick past the line of scrimmage... :)

His misses:
So his main problem is making the kick past the line of scrimmage... :)
He's been awesome of late. I think a lot of those blocks were in the first couple of games of the season.

all of this talk makes me want to pick up SF's D in my home league....

It may be better than starting SD against my #1 RB LJ......

Wait another hour I guess.

I know there's still another hour to go, but it sure doesn't look very windy on the field right now.

I know there's still another hour to go, but it sure doesn't look very windy on the field right now.
Keep the field updates coming guys...I just put Mare in for Brown but would switch back if it's not too bad.Also playing Stevens.

all of this talk makes me want to pick up SF's D in my home league....It may be better than starting SD against my #1 RB LJ......Wait another hour I guess.
i just picked up sf def thinking of playing them

I just received this email - take it for what it is worth...

Hello ? I thought I should pass on some important information to you that I have heard regarding the incoming storm this Thursday evening?

My father, xxxxx is the Director of Emergency Management of Pierce County.

He called to tell me that for the first time in his career the National Weather Service called all county Emergency Directors in Western Washington to warn them of the winds coming this Thursday night into Friday afternoon.

By all indications; this system seems to be one of the worst that Western Washington has seen. Much like the Inaugural day storm. It currently looks to hit the entire Puget Sound region, especially bad for the folks in the North West.

He said to be prepared for power outages for several days, and depending on how rural you live it could be worse? and have on hand batteries, battery powered radio, fire wood, matches, your car fueled up, cash out, food stocked for up to three days?be prepared for schools closures, road closures, trees and power lines down due to the heavy ground saturation.

The Friday morning commute may be extremely hazardous?.

Thought I would pass this information onto you.

Just called a buddy going to the game 2nite and absolutely no wind yet near the stadium. They are still calling for high winds later but not sure when they will start.

I agree keep the info coming i have to decide between V Davis & Des Clark, and i am a 20+ point underdog in my Playoff matchup this weekend. I need all the info i can get.

:unsure:

I just received this email - take it for what it is worth...Hello ? I thought I should pass on some important information to you that I have heard regarding the incoming storm this Thursday evening?My father, xxxxx is the Director of Emergency Management of Pierce County.He called to tell me that for the first time in his career the National Weather Service called all county Emergency Directors in Western Washington to warn them of the winds coming this Thursday night into Friday afternoon.By all indications; this system seems to be one of the worst that Western Washington has seen. Much like the Inaugural day storm. It currently looks to hit the entire Puget Sound region, especially bad for the folks in the North West.He said to be prepared for power outages for several days, and depending on how rural you live it could be worse? and have on hand batteries, battery powered radio, fire wood, matches, your car fueled up, cash out, food stocked for up to three days?be prepared for schools closures, road closures, trees and power lines down due to the heavy ground saturation.The Friday morning commute may be extremely hazardous?.Thought I would pass this information onto you.
But when is it actually supposed to get bad? We know it's coming, but when?

I was all set to start the Seattle defense over San Diego this week, but I think this weather might be a BAD thing for the Hawks' D. I expect a much more conservative offensive approach from both teams, which will greatly limit the opportunities for sacks and turnovers. We get 10 pts for a shutout, 5 pts if the D holds the opposition to under 10 pts, but that's it...the rest of points are accumulated for sacks, turnovers and TDs; 1 pt per sack, 2 pts per turnover and 6 pts for defensive/special teams TDs. I think this game is going to be Alexander vs Gore and I'm playing against Gore. Ugh. Now I'm torn as to whether I should switch up to the Chargers. Just don't want to overthink it though.

Stevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or Witten

*HEAD EXPLODES*

That's it, I need a beer. :football:

Stevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or Witten*HEAD EXPLODES*That's it, I need a beer. :football:
Stevens can't pull in passes when it's dry and no one's within 10 yards...I can't see his hands improving in this.

Stevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or WittenStevens or Witten Stevens or Witten*HEAD EXPLODES*That's it, I need a beer. :football:
That's an easy one. Stevens can't catch in dry weather.

That's an easy one. Stevens can't catch in dry weather.
;) That is true. I was just looking for an excuse to drink I guess....

I agree keep the info coming i have to decide between V Davis & Des Clark, and i am a 20+ point underdog in my Playoff matchup this weekend. I need all the info i can get. :football:
I would still play V Davis. He will still get some passes thrown to him. Clark is all but a blip now.

Users who are viewing this thread