What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBGs WILL take over Day 2 of the Draft (1 Viewer)

Which FBG's will be waiting on line Friday night?
Me, Pasquino, Faletti, and nittanylion confirmed
Are you guys staying overnight? I'll drop by and say hello...(and would love to join you early Saturday morning...afraid the wife and kids won't allow an overnight stay..)
We'll be there Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon.
At Radio City? For all four days? Where will you sleep? :ptts:

One of our people are securing a crashing room.

I think we'll manage, unless there's a suite awaiting for us from a giving FBG.

Are you guys staying overnight? I'll drop by and say hello...(and would love to join you early Saturday morning...afraid the wife and kids won't allow an overnight stay..)
At Radio City? For all four days? Where will you sleep? :confused:
If its the same place as last year, Here (The Benjamin)

At Radio City? For all four days? Where will you sleep? :lmao:
If its the same place as last year, Here (The Benjamin)
Excellent. My foks have stayed there when they visit.I'd like to be involved somehow in the great FBG-fest at the draft.

Keep me in the loop.

Will you guys talk to me if I show up wearing this?

I'm fairly certain that Day 1 is a done deal now. If a few things fall into place I may be there for at least part of Day 2 as well. :goodposting:

Are you allowed to take backpacks in? I would imagine that we'll probably take a train into NYC from NJ and after we check out of our hotel would have our backpacks with us. I would imagine that we'd be ok but after 9-11 you just never know about these things and it would suck to end up in a situation where we didn't have anywhere to stash our stuff.

Also, any NYers know how difficult it is to get from the Meadowlands to Radio City Music Hall if you're taking the trains? The hotels at the Meadowlands are MUCH cheaper than the ones in NYC so if it's not a total nightmare we may go that route.

Are you allowed to take backpacks in? I would imagine that we'll probably take a train into NYC from NJ and after we check out of our hotel would have our backpacks with us. I would imagine that we'd be ok but after 9-11 you just never know about these things and it would suck to end up in a situation where we didn't have anywhere to stash our stuff.Also, any NYers know how difficult it is to get from the Meadowlands to Radio City Music Hall if you're taking the trains? The hotels at the Meadowlands are MUCH cheaper than the ones in NYC so if it's not a total nightmare we may go that route.
You can take bags in to the draft.I'll try to find out the answer to the meadowlands situation, but there has to be a train that'll take you to Manhattan from there - PATH or something like that.

Are you allowed to take backpacks in? I would imagine that we'll probably take a train into NYC from NJ and after we check out of our hotel would have our backpacks with us. I would imagine that we'd be ok but after 9-11 you just never know about these things and it would suck to end up in a situation where we didn't have anywhere to stash our stuff.Also, any NYers know how difficult it is to get from the Meadowlands to Radio City Music Hall if you're taking the trains? The hotels at the Meadowlands are MUCH cheaper than the ones in NYC so if it's not a total nightmare we may go that route.
Can't remember about the backpack thing last year. It was never a problem at MSG though.How much cheaper? Because the train is horrible going into the city from the stadium. For me, it would be well worth the extra coin to be in Manhattan.

Can't remember about the backpack thing last year. It was never a problem at MSG though.How much cheaper? Because the train is horrible going into the city from the stadium. For me, it would be well worth the extra coin to be in Manhattan.
Hotels in Manhattan look to be around $300 a night while places at the Meadowlands look to be about $100 a night. I don't have a problem spending extra money if it's worth it, I just wanted to make sure that it definitely was worth it before going one direction or the other.

Hotels in Manhattan look to be around $300 a night while places at the Meadowlands look to be about $100 a night. I don't have a problem spending extra money if it's worth it, I just wanted to make sure that it definitely was worth it before going one direction or the other.
Understood. For me, I like being able to wake up and hop on the subway and be there, and the same heading home. (Good thing I'm one of the lucky ones who lives 20 mins from the draft...)If you don't mind the train, its not a bad option, though I'm not sure how much you'll be saving after the train cost...

I have no idea whether I can make it, but I like the idea. I've played with attending before, but I never really had the gumption to do it.

I have family in the area, but if the FBGs are raging at a hotel I may be up for that too.

This could be alot of fun. :jawdrop:

Fan guidelines for attending the 2007 draft

Fan guidelines for attending the 2007 draft

(March 21, 2007) -- The NFL announced procedures for fans wishing to attend the 72nd NFL Draft on Saturday and Sunday, April 28-29, at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

The draft is a free event and seating is limited. Tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 6 a.m. Saturday, April 28, on the 50th Street side of Radio City Music Hall. Fans will NOT be allowed to line up at Radio City prior to 5 a.m. Fans who receive tickets will be able to lineup beginning at 10 a.m. with doors opening at 11 a.m. The draft begins at noon on Saturday, April 28.

Fan entry will take place at the "Carriage Door Entrance" located on 50th street between 5th and 6th Avenues.

Fans who attend Day 2 of the draft (Sunday) in its entirety will be able to receive a ticket for the 2008 draft by filling out a form that will be available on that day only at Radio City for submission after the final selection.

Held in New York City since 1965, the NFL draft will be televised nationally by NFL Network and ESPN. This is the second consecutive year that the draft will be held at Radio City Music Hall.

About Radio City Music Hall

Since opening its doors on Dec. 27, 1932, Radio City Music Hall has been host to hundreds of the entertainment industry's premiere events, films, concerts, theatricals and, of course, the Radio City Christmas Spectacular starring the world-famous Radio City Rockettes. Although not always synonymous with sporting events, RCMH hosted its first at the legendary venue when Roy Jones Jr. fought David Telesco in January of 1999. The summer of 2004 marked the historic debut of women's basketball at the Music Hall, when the WNBA's New York Liberty took to the Great Stage, for an unprecedented six-game run. Over the past 75 years, more than 300 million visitors from around the world have entered the Music Hall's legendary doors, captivated by the beauty of the Grand Foyer, marveling at the Great Stage and entertained by the biggest events in the world.

Im not 100% sure, but I think they've also said in the past that they would be giving out tickets in the morning, only to give them out at night - we'll make sure we have it all straightened by calling the league office. For now I guess we should trust whats on NFL.com, but I vaguely remember hearing that there have been shenanigans with the exact details of when tickets would be given out before.

Has a no kidding rally point been established yet for FBG's to meet at!! Street corner, ESPNzone???, Irish pub?? Just curious!!

I would really like to attend Day 1. How many FBG's are going to Day 1 of the draft?

Also if I wear my "Fire Millen" t-shirt, would they not allow me in?

Sigmund Bloom said:
Im not 100% sure, but I think they've also said in the past that they would be giving out tickets in the morning, only to give them out at night - we'll make sure we have it all straightened by calling the league office. For now I guess we should trust whats on NFL.com, but I vaguely remember hearing that there have been shenanigans with the exact details of when tickets would be given out before.
That's what happened to me. Got there stupid early Saturday to find out people were lined up with tickets they got Friday night. (Still got in right before the first pick, but not knowing if I was going to get in sucked...)You should make sure to cross check the league office info w/the Radio City B.O. just to be sure.But regardless, I will be there with bells on.

You can take bags in to the draft.I'll try to find out the answer to the meadowlands situation, but there has to be a train that'll take you to Manhattan from there - PATH or something like that.
NJ Local here. Basically the Meadowland is tough to get to with mass transit - you may check with the hotels to see if they have any shuttles to NYC service. If there are NJ Transit buses we aware that Sunday service would be spotty at best and probably end earlier than convenient.BUT what I would recommend is that you look at either:1) Hotels by Newark Airport (which has an NJTransit rail stop that can take you to Penn Station in NYC) They run about $100.MY RECOMMENDATION: 2) For about $129 a night you can stay at the Hampton Inn Newark Harrison Riverwalk (important to note the physical location is in Harrison NOT the same as the Hampton Inn by the airport). This hotel is only a couple years old and is probably a $5-$10 cab ride to the PATH station in Harrison which will take you straight to NYC (take the PATH to the WTC station) then switch to the NYC Subway.

NJ Local here. Basically the Meadowland is tough to get to with mass transit - you may check with the hotels to see if they have any shuttles to NYC service. If there are NJ Transit buses we aware that Sunday service would be spotty at best and probably end earlier than convenient.BUT what I would recommend is that you look at either:1) Hotels by Newark Airport (which has an NJTransit rail stop that can take you to Penn Station in NYC) They run about $100.MY RECOMMENDATION: 2) For about $129 a night you can stay at the Hampton Inn Newark Harrison Riverwalk (important to note the physical location is in Harrison NOT the same as the Hampton Inn by the airport). This hotel is only a couple years old and is probably a $5-$10 cab ride to the PATH station in Harrison which will take you straight to NYC (take the PATH to the WTC station) then switch to the NYC Subway.
There are also hotels in Jersey City for about the same price that are on the PATH line as well.

Another good option certainly. I live in West Hudson so I'm not as well versed with the offerings across the swamp in JC :confused:

-QG

Count me in. I'll be in town visiting friends and attending the draft. Also down for any FBG predraft rendevous.

I am in. I have many frequent flier miles to burn. Count me in for standing in line Friday night too. I will be the guy passing out stickers and temporary tatoos in line. I will also bring some shirts and hats for FBGs attending. I have always thought this would be fun to see in person and now going to do exactly that.

I am in. I have many frequent flier miles to burn. Count me in for standing in line Friday night too. I will be the guy passing out stickers and temporary tatoos in line. I will also bring some shirts and hats for FBGs attending. I have always thought this would be fun to see in person and now going to do exactly that.
:confused: :thumbup: :banned: :drive: :) :clap: ;) :shrug:

:no: WOW - DD - :sleep:This is going to be AWESOME.

That's what happened to me. Got there stupid early Saturday to find out people were lined up with tickets they got Friday night. (Still got in right before the first pick, but not knowing if I was going to get in sucked...)You should make sure to cross check the league office info w/the Radio City B.O. just to be sure.But regardless, I will be there with bells on.
I've been screwed by this before too. Be very wary. If you're a real trooper, get there on Friday night at 10 or 11pm, and stay up all night. In 2004, they gave out tickets at ~11pm on Friday night. Good luck!

Assuming I am around, I would definately be down for this. Maybe we can drag TU to the scene as well.

Any specific ideas on which subway train(s) to take and where to get off?

:angry:

Im definetely out. Business trip instead. :(

Fargin people are pissin me off these days............(surounded by morons)

Guys, have a great time. I really wish I could be going too. I especially wanted to buy some drinks for the staff.

Can I send a little dough anyway to buy you all some drinks? Or maybe a bottle? Only caveat: the drink HAS to be Sauza Tequila (Tres Generaciones or Commemortivo)!

Really ticked I can't make this, but I'm sure you all will have a great time without me. I'm already looking at next year's calendar.............

Any specific ideas on which subway train(s) to take and where to get off?
take the E to 4th st/washington square, then transfer to the B, C, or F uptown to 50th/rockefeller center.

Users who are viewing this thread