What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2010 Offseason Dynasty Trades (1 Viewer)

12 TEAM PPRTeam A Traded: Cedric Benson/TJ Housh/Austin CollieTeam B Traded: Chris Wells/1.2
Team B got owned.
Team B also just recently traded the 1.1 for Braylon Edwards to the same Team A, cumulative result being Team A gave: Braylon Edwards, Cedric Benson, Austin Collie, TJ HoushTeam B gave: Chris Wells, 1.1 and 1.2 (plus the 3.08 to even out the trade some) :coffee:

12 TEAM PPRTeam A Traded: Cedric Benson/TJ Housh/Austin CollieTeam B Traded: Chris Wells/1.2
Team B got owned.
Team B also just recently traded the 1.1 for Braylon Edwards to the same Team A, cumulative result being Team A gave: Braylon Edwards, Cedric Benson, Austin Collie, TJ HoushTeam B gave: Chris Wells, 1.1 and 1.2 (plus the 3.08 to even out the trade some) :(
team a ... wow, nice deal to start a major overhaul.

Team A gave up Jackson, Vincent SDC WR; Year 2010 Round 3.07

Team B gave up Avery, Donnie STL WR; Year 2010 Round 1.04

This one just happened in my league- 12 team dynasty, 1/2 pt per catch.

Team A- Gave Rookie Picks 1,2,4,9,10,11

Team B gave- Steven Jackson, Vincent Jackson and Peyton Manning.

Team B was pretty good, but didnt have the horses to win it all and is rebuilding. Team A is obviously trying to win this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one just happened in my league- 12 team dynasty, 1/2 pt per catch.Team A- Gave Rookie Picks 1,2,4,9,10,11Team B gave- Steven Jackson, Vincent Jackson and Peyton Manning.Team B was pretty good, but didnt have the horses to win it all and is rebuilding. Team A is obviously trying to win this year.
I was sitting about 3 feet from my screen and 1st read that as the 1.2, 4.9, and 10.11 picks. I thought, "what kind of league has a 10 round rookie draft?"Time to get some reading glasses I guess..

Team A gave up Johnson, Calvin DET WR; Year 2010 Draft Pick 2.11

Team B gave up White, Roddy ATL WR; Year 2010 Draft Pick 1.10;Year 2010 Draft Pick 2.05

This one just happened in my league- 12 team dynasty, 1/2 pt per catch.Team A- Gave Rookie Picks 1,2,4,9,10,11Team B gave- Steven Jackson, Vincent Jackson and Peyton Manning.Team B was pretty good, but didnt have the horses to win it all and is rebuilding. Team A is obviously trying to win this year.
I think Team B got killed in this deal. 6 picks in the top-11 is nice and all, but he just traded three studs. I can't imagine he wouldn't have been at least a playoff contender with those 3 guys and a bunch of mediocre players.

Team A (Me): Gets Larry Fitzgerald

Team B: Gets Caddy, Garcon, Harvin, 6th Round Rookie Pick

10 Team Dynasty, PPR, 2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1Flex (RB/WR)

Did I give up too much? Especially with Leinart the QB now.

Team A (Me): Gets Larry FitzgeraldTeam B: Gets Caddy, Garcon, Harvin, 6th Round Rookie Pick10 Team Dynasty, PPR, 2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1Flex (RB/WR)Did I give up too much? Especially with Leinart the QB now.
If that's the top team in your sig, I think as a win-now team that's not a bad deal at all...If I were a rebuilding team, I'd take the other side of the deal and be glad to start a building process with Garcon/Harvin...

Team A (Me): Gets Larry FitzgeraldTeam B: Gets Caddy, Garcon, Harvin, 6th Round Rookie Pick10 Team Dynasty, PPR, 2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1Flex (RB/WR)Did I give up too much? Especially with Leinart the QB now.
If that's the top team in your sig, I think as a win-now team that's not a bad deal at all...If I were a rebuilding team, I'd take the other side of the deal and be glad to start a building process with Garcon/Harvin...
Yeah top team in Sig. Basically I thought a 6th round pick was worthless, Garcon and Caddy were waiver wire pickups and I do like Harvin but you gotta give up something right? Also this team is still really young and I think it can definitely win now. Thanks.The other team was rebuilding after finishing 9th place this past year.

Yeah top team in Sig. Basically I thought a 6th round pick was worthless, Garcon and Caddy were waiver wire pickups and I do like Harvin but you gotta give up something right? Also this team is still really young and I think it can definitely win now. Thanks.The other team was rebuilding after finishing 9th place this past year.
I wouldn't say 6th rd picks are necessarily worthless, though, but you definitely have to factor in luck when trying to hit on someone that late, and be hopefully that they can at least be roster filler. Someone like Murphy or Hartline last season may have been available and taken that late, especially in a 10-teamer...

Have not read the entire thread. Apologies on the off-chance something similar has already been discussed.

Never officially offered but was brought up for discussion in dynasty ppr (rosters only go 20 deep; salary cap league and all three players are working under bargain rookie contracts) - Beanie Wells/Shonn Greene for ADP. I'm the Wells/Greene owner. After a few moment of consideration, I was sure I wanted to keep my players and have yet to feel a twinge of remorse for not pursuing ADP.

Anyone have contrary thoughts to such a deal?

I think Team B got killed in this deal. 6 picks in the top-11 is nice and all, but he just traded three studs. I can't imagine he wouldn't have been at least a playoff contender with those 3 guys and a bunch of mediocre players.
This is where size of league comes into play. It is 12 team- start 6 Rb/Wr, Te, QB, K, D. So you have to have a deep team. He barely made the playoffs and really has no hope of winning it all. Just doesn't have enough pieces to get there. So He rebuilt. This trade went down next- The team that got Jackson, etc. traded- Braylon, Slaton, Reggie Bush and 4 1st's in 2011 for Adrian Peterson, Randy Moss, B. Westbrook. In our league Picks are cheap at the beginning of the year and their value goes up late in the season and right before the draft.

so roster fillers for Fitz??

14 team PPR

Bowe

2010 1.01

2011 3rd round pick

Jennings

A.Bradshaw

M.Bush

2010 2.06

2011 4th round pick

Harvin was a regular starter. Garcon was a bye week filler. Caddy was a bench warmer. All 3 will start though for the other team. win-win

Harvin was a regular starter. Garcon was a bye week filler. Caddy was a bench warmer. All 3 will start though for the other team. win-win
guys are depth starters..Harvin without Favre?? Garcon is a bye-week filler...and if you are starting Caddy you're in trouble...plain and simple.

this is a joke trade.

16 team idp league

Team A gave: Ahmad Bradshaw, Lendale White, MSW, Mike Johnson(CIN), Stewart Bradley, Dan Connor, 1.12

Team B gave: ADP, DHB, Aaron Maybin, Kamerion Wimbley, 5.1

16 team start 3 WR st 1 rb st 1 rb/te PPR

Jerome Harrison and Julian Edelman

for

Cedric Benson (Benson owner was also a Welker owner)

16 team start 3 WR st 1 rb st 1 rb/te PPRJerome Harrison and Julian EdelmanforCedric Benson (Benson owner was also a Welker owner)
I think I like the deal for the team getting Harrison in a PPR. Interesting trade though. I'm glad Miles woke you up so you had a chance to post it. :lmao:

12 team-dyansty (1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE, one flex QB/RB/WR/TE), 53 man rosters, ppr (0.5 ppr for RB), IDPs

My offseason so far...

Trade#1

Gave: DWill, Portis, Lofton, 2.7, 3.7, 6.7

Got: B. Edwards, P. Thomas, 2.6, 2.10

Trade #2

Gave: H. Ward, Darly Smith

Got: J. Harrison, R. Jennings, 2.5

Trade #3

Gave: 2.10

Got: K. Morrison

12 team league - no PPR

Team A rec'd - B Marshall (DEN) & KWIII (TB)

Teab B rec'd - 2010 pick 1.3 & V Davis (SF) & N Burleson (SEA)

12 team PPR - WCOFF scoringTeam A - J. Finely, 1.05 and a 2nd rounder in 2011Team B - A.Gates, and Mike Sims Walker
Love the side getting Finley
There isnt a more overvalued player in all of FF than him. Sell High I say
Don't get me wrong, I really like Finley too, but I have to agree there is no upside to him with the price you would have to pay to get him right now. Everything I'm seeing trade wise with him is as if he's already Antonio Gates all over again. I'm not saying he won't be, but that's far from certain. To get him, it seems like everyone is having to pay for that potential as if it's a sure thing or already proven. You may not get burned but it seems to me there is no upside once you pay that price and plenty of downside.All of that said, I don't mind this deal. Gates is getting older and 1.05 should net one of the rookie RB.

2009 - came in 2nd place with no RB2 to start, was playing with 4 WR's (bmarsh, smiff, ohco, harvin), needed a solid #2 RB and had some depth to give for it

I just made the following trade

I gave Laurent Robinson, Chaz Schillens and the 2.11

I got Ryan Grant

I still have all of 1.11, 3.11 and 4.11 as well as all my 2011 picks, looking to shop all of them and a bradshaw or m.bush for a j stew / beanie

would also love to send ocho/smiff/picks combo for desean jackson and a TE

that'd be the plan for the rest of the offseason

made these two trades a few weeks ago, both from the same league:

* Broncofan gave up Manning, Peyton IND QB;Bryant, Antonio TBB WR * Gamblers gave up * Williams (VA Tech), Ryan FA RB;Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR
* Broncofan gave up Bush, Reggie NOS RB;Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR * Bottled Lightning gave up Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB;* Floyd (Notre Dame), Michael FA WR
end result gave: Peyton, R.Bush, A.Bryantgot: Roth, R.Williams (VT), Michael Floyd (ND)

Traded away Ronnie Brown for a 1st rounder next year. Hoping it will be a top 5 pick....good chance for it.

Team A gave: Vince Young, Darren McFadden, Pierre Thomas, Mike Thomas, Mike Wallace

Team B gave: Brady Quinn, Beanie Wells, Bernard Berrian, 1.02

Users who are viewing this thread