What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 FBG Post Season Contest (1 Viewer)

Still alive. With a snowballs chance in hell of winning the finals, but I think I could advance next week...

Hines Ward $14 0.00 11.50 Emmanuel Sanders $7 0.00 9.40 Peyton Manning $26 17.25 0.00 Javarris James $5 0.00 0.00 Jacob Tamme $18 12.10 0.00 Billy Cundiff $11 12.00 6.00 Baltimore Ravens $8 13.00 16.00 LaDainian Tomlinson $13 23.90 11.50 Shonn Greene $11 7.00 15.00 Matt Ryan $25 0.00 13.30 Michael Turner $18 0.00 9.90 Justin Peelle $2 0.00 0.00 Matt Bryant $14 0.00 3.00 Atlanta Falcons $11 0.00 10.00 Johnny Knox $15 0.00 8.80 Devin Aromashodu $2 0.00 0.00 Desmond Clark $2 0.00 0.00 Chicago Bears $10 0.00 2.00 Reggie Bush $11 7.40 0.00 Devery Henderson $8 20.70 0.00 John Kuhn $6 4.90 14.90 Jordy Nelson $8 0.00 21.90 Andrew Quarless $5 5.70 4.40TOTAL 123.95 140.30 CUTOFF 92.75 119.20

55% chance of surviving. Hoping for a big day from E. Sanders, H. Miller, a Pittsburg win and a couple of really nice scores from Rodgers and one other Packer player on my roster.

Not much chance of winning $, but would like to hang in there and see what happens. Go Packers and Steelers!

I'm team 132 and IF Pittsburgh and Green Bay both win this weekend, I think I may have a shot at making some noise. Not really sure what everyone has but I'm 99.5 to make it thru this week and have quite a few Pittsburgh and Green Bay players.

Ugh. Forgot about this. Had way too many things going on this week. Did set one lineup Tuesday but have no clue who I picked. Think I'll wait a couple weeks to look and see is on my roster and whether I'm still ticking. Can't do anything about it now.
Still haven't looked. Been nice just rooting for teams I want to win, enjoying the games and not cheering for certain players to do good. Probably got knocked out the first week anyhow. Should I look? Can I find out if I'm still alive without seeing who is on my roster?

The Man With No Name said:
Ugh. Forgot about this. Had way too many things going on this week. Did set one lineup Tuesday but have no clue who I picked. Think I'll wait a couple weeks to look and see is on my roster and whether I'm still ticking. Can't do anything about it now.
Still haven't looked. Been nice just rooting for teams I want to win, enjoying the games and not cheering for certain players to do good. Probably got knocked out the first week anyhow. Should I look? Can I find out if I'm still alive without seeing who is on my roster?
Post your team number - I'm sure someone will be happy to let you know :rolleyes:

Iwannabeacowboybaby! said:
I'm team 132 and IF Pittsburgh and Green Bay both win this weekend, I think I may have a shot at making some noise. Not really sure what everyone has but I'm 99.5 to make it thru this week and have quite a few Pittsburgh and Green Bay players.
You should do well, but I think Grid71 has got it almost locked up if it's GB/Pit (101476) and I think I've got a pretty strong team as well if it comes to that (100325). There's at least a couple of others but hopefully you still make the money. But it's still a big if, games should be good this weekend. Go Pack/Steelers!

Post your team number - I'm sure someone will be happy to let you know :thumbdown:

Post your team number - I'm sure someone will be happy to let you know :thumbdown:
This entry is still alive.

Iwannabeacowboybaby! said:
You should do well, but I think Grid71 has got it almost locked up if it's GB/Pit (101476) and I think I've got a pretty strong team as well if it comes to that (100325). There's at least a couple of others but hopefully you still make the money. But it's still a big if, games should be good this weekend. Go Pack/Steelers!
Go Steelers & Packers! :towelwave:If it comes down to CHI vs JETS, I'll score a Mr. Blutarski GPA of 0.0 :kicksrock:

Grid will only have 4 players to qualify for the bowl. You're in much better shape to make it and win it imo.

Grid will only have 4 players to qualify for the bowl. You're in much better shape to make it and win it imo.
Yeah, this will be interesting to see. One of the things I didn't like about this contest (and YES, I know it's free and is still great) was that it seemed to me that too many teams made each cut, especially this week's. Just spit-balling it, it seemed like with so many entries making this round, the strategy of loading up on two teams and hoping you got through with 4 players this week was the best strategy by far over the 2-3 players on most teams in the playoffs and having 7-8 guys going today. Those guys with 2-3 players on each team have almost no shot to win this, IMO. So I hope I'm wrong and very, very few teams like Grid's make it to the next round. But having 1000 teams make it seems like it's by far the best strategy for next year, assuming no changes. Anyone else feel that way? And yes, I know you still need to get lucky and get the right SB teams and I know he barely made the cut last week.

Despite only having 4 players going this week, the sim has my team at 100% chance to make it. It won't make a lick of difference if both GB and PIT don't win though. It's because there aren't many teams that are loaded with Bears or Jets. More popular teams losing (NE especially) really paved the way. I didn't think my chances of getting to the end would be too good when filling out the roster.

Yeah, this will be interesting to see. One of the things I didn't like about this contest (and YES, I know it's free and is still great) was that it seemed to me that too many teams made each cut, especially this week's. Just spit-balling it, it seemed like with so many entries making this round, the strategy of loading up on two teams and hoping you got through with 4 players this week was the best strategy by far over the 2-3 players on most teams in the playoffs and having 7-8 guys going today. Those guys with 2-3 players on each team have almost no shot to win this, IMO. So I hope I'm wrong and very, very few teams like Grid's make it to the next round. But having 1000 teams make it seems like it's by far the best strategy for next year, assuming no changes. Anyone else feel that way? And yes, I know you still need to get lucky and get the right SB teams and I know he barely made the cut last week.
I made the mistake last year of spreading out the players thinking a stacked roster shouldn't make the cuts leaving more balanced teams at the end. I was wrong. By selecting PIT & GB, I was able to go a bit overboard this time anticipating more people would pick PHI, NO or ATL to win the NFC and NE was the obvious AFC choice. Who knows what it would look like if NE and NO were the SB teams. It would make getting through the cuts much more challenging.

Go Steelers & Packers! :thumbdown:If it comes down to CHI vs JETS, I'll score a Mr. Blutarski GPA of 0.0 :thumbdown:
Yes Go steelers + Pack! Team 100566. If it so comes to pass, I'm going to be hoping for defensive scores for both teams and james starks TD's. While non-wallace pit wr's must suck massively. We'll see if it even comes to that though.

I made the mistake last year of spreading out the players thinking a stacked roster shouldn't make the cuts leaving more balanced teams at the end. I was wrong. By selecting PIT & GB, I was able to go a bit overboard this time anticipating more people would pick PHI, NO or ATL to win the NFC and NE was the obvious AFC choice. Who knows what it would look like if NE and NO were the SB teams. It would make getting through the cuts much more challenging.
Oh sure, not saying it's easy. Just saying that between the two basic strategies, concentrate or spread it out, it's pretty clear to me you have to go with concentrate and hope you pick the right two teams. I'd rather see a cut line that made it a much tougher decision, just like neither 18 nor 30 is right in the regular season contest. Good luck in the SB.

Everyone knows the rules coming in and thus they have the right to load up on one team

Maybe if there was 12000 entries like in the regular season, than these type of teams would probably not make it past round 1 and you would have to hope. I spread it around a little too much myself and wish I had not gone with Moeski and Akers and taken another Packer or Jet. Than I might have been in the running. I will make the finals but that will be it but it was my fault in the end to think teams would load up on Packers and Jets(or Ravens)

I raked in 75.95. But I lose my 5 Jets :no:

Remaining

Rodgers, Starks, Crosby, GB D

E.Sanders

Its been fun

Last edited by a moderator:
Jilez001 said:
Go Steelers & Packers! :towelwave:If it comes down to CHI vs JETS, I'll score a Mr. Blutarski GPA of 0.0 :)
Yes Go steelers + Pack! Team 100566. If it so comes to pass, I'm going to be hoping for defensive scores for both teams and james starks TD's. While non-wallace pit wr's must suck massively. We'll see if it even comes to that though.
It looks like you'll get your chance. Hoping my team made it to the final round & will be thrilled if I can pull out a top 3 finish. Good luck to you and GO STEELERS!!!Be kind Mr. Turk sir. :scared:

Done at 45.0 this week. Hope I can advance as I'm sure I'm the only entry who would still have Aaron Rodgers :towelwave:

-QG

Despite only having 4 players going this week, the sim has my team at 100% chance to make it. It won't make a lick of difference if both GB and PIT don't win though. It's because there aren't many teams that are loaded with Bears or Jets. More popular teams losing (NE especially) really paved the way. I didn't think my chances of getting to the end would be too good when filling out the roster.
Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Honestly the load up on tow teams and sprinkle in enough to get by strategy has always been the best one. The biggest hindrance to this is the number of people who don't read the rules and submit teams that don't have chance but are strong in the early weeks. I absolute love this contest...perfect mix of picking players, picking winning teams, and estimating cut lines needed to advance.On my end I'm still disappointed in what could have been. IF the Eagles had beaten the Pack I had everything else nailed. Had the AFC results perfect. :thumbup: As I recall, I would have had about 11-12 in the Super Bowl.

Honestly the load up on two teams and sprinkle in enough to get by strategy has always been the best one. The biggest hindrance to this is the number of people who don't read the rules and submit teams that don't have chance but are strong in the early weeks. I absolute love this contest...perfect mix of picking players, picking winning teams, and estimating cut lines needed to advance.
Totally agree with the bolded. Save making one poor "positional choice" for the first two weeks(picking the wrong TEs), I'd have been in great shape now with my loading up on Steelers/Packers and a smattering of Pats.....if I'd have only "sprinkled in" from the Seahawks instead of the Ravens/Falcons on top of those three. That's the rub though, I guess.

I love this format too. First time I've ever participated in it here and I'm looking forward to it again.

On my end I'm still disappointed in what could have been. IF the Eagles had beaten the Pack I had everything else nailed. Had the AFC results perfect. kicksrock4.gif As I recall, I would have had about 11-12 in the Super Bowl.
Basically the same here. I called the SB correct and would have had upwards of ten going next week. I blame Matt Hasselbeck. :thumbup:

Honestly the load up on two teams and sprinkle in enough to get by strategy has always been the best one. The biggest hindrance to this is the number of people who don't read the rules and submit teams that don't have chance but are strong in the early weeks. I absolute love this contest...perfect mix of picking players, picking winning teams, and estimating cut lines needed to advance.
Totally agree with the bolded. Save making one poor "positional choice" for the first two weeks(picking the wrong TEs), I'd have been in great shape now with my loading up on Steelers/Packers and a smattering of Pats.....if I'd have only "sprinkled in" from the Seahawks instead of the Ravens/Falcons on top of those three. That's the rub though, I guess.

I love this format too. First time I've ever participated in it here and I'm looking forward to it again.

On my end I'm still disappointed in what could have been. IF the Eagles had beaten the Pack I had everything else nailed. Had the AFC results perfect. kicksrock4.gif As I recall, I would have had about 11-12 in the Super Bowl.
Basically the same here. I called the SB correct and would have had upwards of ten going next week. I blame Matt Hasselbeck. :wall:
FWIW...tip for next year. Load up on QBs as your smattering of other guys to get you by. Hass, Flaco, Sanchez didn't cost much and garnered a bunch of sure points.

Sitting at:

Mendenhall - 22.3

Shaun Suisham - 9

Jerrico Cotchery - 14.3

Jets Defense - 8

May actually make it with 53.60 points, although would only be sitting next week with a roster of:

Rashard Mendenhall $18

Mike Wallace $22

Heath Miller $11

Shaun Suisham $14

Looks like 52.40 was the cutoff. Barely made it. Have 3 Steelers and 4 Packers including both QBs.
I barely made it too. I've got 2 Steelers and 4 Packers going including both QBs. I predicted a Packers vs Patriots Super Bowl, so I had more Patriot and Packers players versus players from other teams.

Looks like 52.40 was the cutoff. Barely made it. Have 3 Steelers and 4 Packers including both QBs.
I barely made it too. I've got 2 Steelers and 4 Packers going including both QBs. I predicted a Packers vs Patriots Super Bowl, so I had more Patriot and Packers players versus players from other teams.
LOL, I had NE-GB as well so would have had 4 Patriots. Great minds...

Good luck to the PIT - GB crowd! :shrug:

With 2 weeks to prepare, do you think we will get a sim run with the probability of where teams will finish? I haven't scoured the entries to find the best teams. Several have posted some very good entries. It will be fun to see how it shakes out.

Good luck to the PIT - GB crowd! :thumbup:With 2 weeks to prepare, do you think we will get a sim run with the probability of where teams will finish? I haven't scoured the entries to find the best teams. Several have posted some very good entries. It will be fun to see how it shakes out.
Did you make it? Guess I'm gunning for 2nd.

Good luck to the PIT - GB crowd! :lmao:With 2 weeks to prepare, do you think we will get a sim run with the probability of where teams will finish? I haven't scoured the entries to find the best teams. Several have posted some very good entries. It will be fun to see how it shakes out.
Team is in, but crazier things have happened. Glaring weakness - no K or D for either team. I'm also missing Nelson and GB's emergent RB Starks. I avoided reading anything on the boards/projections when making picks so I wouldn't be herded towards certain players/teams. It may have cost me missing out on Starks by putting on the blinders, but it may have saved me from taking a more sane choice of NO as my NFC pick. NO did have a much easier path. Looking back, taking GB vs. PHI, ATL then either NO/CHI wasn't very promising. :dullestlightbulbinthechandelier:

Good luck to the PIT - GB crowd! :lmao:With 2 weeks to prepare, do you think we will get a sim run with the probability of where teams will finish? I haven't scoured the entries to find the best teams. Several have posted some very good entries. It will be fun to see how it shakes out.
Team is in, but crazier things have happened. Glaring weakness - no K or D for either team. I'm also missing Nelson and GB's emergent RB Starks. I avoided reading anything on the boards/projections when making picks so I wouldn't be herded towards certain players/teams. It may have cost me missing out on Starks by putting on the blinders, but it may have saved me from taking a more sane choice of NO as my NFC pick. NO did have a much easier path. Looking back, taking GB vs. PHI, ATL then either NO/CHI wasn't very promising. :dullestlightbulbinthechandelier:
I missed Starks too but have Nelson. I probably need Nelson to have like 3 TDs to get in the money, lol.

I have 5 steelers and 2 packers...but I doubt it will be enough . Im sure someone has ten of them. Is there a way to do a query?

Entry 101476

The entry above will be tough to beat!

I missed out by 3 points at 49.40. Johnny Knox not get credit for the touchdown that I thought he scored did me in. Of course having Rodgers throw a touchdown pass would have helped as well.

I should have picked more Steeler players with Isaac Redman being my only one. I didn't think they'd get past Baltimore or Indianapolis though.

Good luck to those that are left.

BassNBrew said:
Honestly the load up on tow teams and sprinkle in enough to get by strategy has always been the best one. The biggest hindrance to this is the number of people who don't read the rules and submit teams that don't have chance but are strong in the early weeks. I absolute love this contest...perfect mix of picking players, picking winning teams, and estimating cut lines needed to advance.On my end I'm still disappointed in what could have been. IF the Eagles had beaten the Pack I had everything else nailed. Had the AFC results perfect. :) As I recall, I would have had about 11-12 in the Super Bowl.
Just about the entire thing hinges on who you pick as your Super Bowl teams. I picked GB and Pittsburgh and think I may have a shot at some money but some others even did a better job of consolidating and getting through. The key for those two picks was also that Green Bay played a 1st round game, allowing for the 1st round to be a lot easier to get thru rather than your Super Bowl picks being Atlanta or the Bears where you didn't get that 1st round game in.I have left: Big Ben, Mendenhall, H. Miller, Suisham, A. Rodgers, Jennings, Crosby, Green Bay D, and Quarless.Hindsight I need 1 or 2 more players to win, choosing Starks would have cost me next to nothing and still made it thru the earlier rounds or getting someone like Wallace or even Hines Ward would have been smart too.I enjoy this contest as well. I will say that when I saw the 1000 cutoff number for the last week I thought that was a little high, so it really made it an easy decision to load up on 2 teams and you hope you hit the teams. If the cutoff was 500 rather than 1000, it may be harder to get in with just 4 players in that semi final week (2 from each of the two teams you loaded up on).

I have 5 steelers and 2 packers...but I doubt it will be enough . Im sure someone has ten of them. Is there a way to do a query?Entry 101476 The entry above will be tough to beat!
This one's good as well - 100566 (13 total players) and definitely has a shot.Haven't seen any others with more players than me (11 - 100325), but there are a lot with less players that could still beat me as well - lot of guys have Wallace and I don't have him. I'll take 3rd place in a heartbeat, the lifetime subscription would be awesome! Fingers crossed.

Ben Roethlisberger $28 0.00 24.40 12.75

Rashard Mendenhall $18 0.00 18.40 22.30

Isaac Redman $3 0.00 0.40 2.70

Mike Wallace $22 0.00 4.80 1.60

Pittsburgh Steelers $14 0.00 11.00 10.00

Aaron Rodgers $29 27.40 43.60 20.10

John Kuhn $6 4.90 14.90 1.30

Greg Jennings $19 1.80 18.10 21.00

James Jones $11 7.90 17.50 2.00

Through with these guys. I doubt I have enought to win but I think I could place. Wishing I stuck Starks and Nelson in somewhere.

Entry 101602

Missed the cut by 3pts....didn't have any Bears or Steelers representation so I'm not suprised. No shot to win anyways with GB/NE as my SB picks.

Good luck to those left!

Rashard Mendenhall $18 0.00 18.40 22.30

Hines Ward $14 0.00 11.50 3.40

Shaun Suisham $14 0.00 8.00 6.00

John Kuhn $6 4.90 14.90 1.30

James Starks $4 14.20 6.60 14.50

Donald Driver $10 10.60 13.60 1.90

Andrew Quarless $5 5.70 4.40 0.00

Donald Lee $3 0.00 0.00 0.00

"So you're saying there's still a chance!" Go Kuhn, Quarless and Lee!

Here's hoping that Ben Roethlisberger, Heath Miller, John Kuhn, and Jordy Nelson accumulate huge yardage and all the TDs in the Super Bowl!

Sitting at:Mendenhall - 22.3Shaun Suisham - 9Jerrico Cotchery - 14.3Jets Defense - 8May actually make it with 53.60 points, although would only be sitting next week with a roster of:Rashard Mendenhall $18 Mike Wallace $22 Heath Miller $11 Shaun Suisham $14
Doh...miscalculated my points with Suisham and Cotchery apparently, and actually missed the cut by 1.4 points. I wouldn't have been able to do anything once there anyway, so oh well!

Users who are viewing this thread