What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2012 Official Philadelphia Eagles Post Mortem Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Real good win against a tough division opponent. Big props to the defense for holding them to 3 points in the first half when starting with a short field most of the game. WTH happened to special teams? Godawful. Nice game from Vick, NO TURNOVERS!! :clap: Even givin some credit to the playcalling for actually amping up the run game in the 2nd half. Too bad we can't get Shady going like that in the first half, I think our games will be easier. :shrug: Amazing to see two head coaches trying to out stupid each other in the last two minutes of the game. :lol:
I think they tried to get shady going but weren't getting the big chunks. The reason the second half was so successful was because of those 2 and 3 yarders from the first half. Big difference for an o-linemen to drive into a DL rather than playing catch. Eventually it wears on those DLinemen so that you can break of 10 and 12 yarders in the 2nd half. The philosophy of a running game. Now I don't expect Andy to suddenly become Jim Harbaugh here but I hope he recognizes what an effect it can have. Sometimes coaches over think things. Andy does that a lot. But when they look at the tape after a humiliating game, Andy usually comes out with a good game plan. I hope he understands McCoy's importance in this offense and what a threat he brings to defenses. McCoy is where this offensive focus should be so that Djax and Maclin have single coverage down field instead of safety over the top all the time.
I hear ya but IMO getting Shady 6 carries in the first half just isn't nearly enough to get him and the running game going. Why the #### is Reid ramming Bryce Brown down our throats??? He shouldn't been seen until the fourth quarter when we're winning 35-7. It's ####### ridiculous.
Its well known BB that I share a lot of your frustration (along with several others here). I think I'm at the point now that I'm going to enjoy the team, savor the wins, and try not to nitpick the finer points. Your points are valid, no doubt. But ultimately I want the team to do well (we all do) and I don't care who the head coach is when it happens. Right now its Reid and they're off to a great start. The fact that the bad games are still resulting in wins in a good thing. Hopefully they continue to improve and the wins keep mounting. As long as that happens, I'm happy. The defense is not the liability we thought it might be with Castillo and that's a good thing.If the team falls apart down the stretch and misses the playoffs, or God forbid they go winless in the post-season again, then I'm right back in "Fire Reid" mode. I've been consistent in my belief that in year AR14, competing or just making the playoffs isn't good enough. I'm going to enjoy it till then.

:banned:

Now, go get your shine box! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
And Brian Rolle was released today.

Gotta laugh cause of all the people thought he was such a great pick and what not. Just another mark in the line of failed draft picks & straight bad drafts period.

Julian Vandervelde signed again too. Still dunno why he was cut in the first place<br>

And Brian Rolle was released today. Gotta laugh cause of all the people thought he was such a great pick and what not. Just another mark in the line of failed draft picks & straight bad drafts period.
I hate that Kendricks guy. And Cox and Boykin. And Allen and Maclin and McCoy and Jackson.

And Brian Rolle was released today. Gotta laugh cause of all the people thought he was such a great pick and what not. Just another mark in the line of failed draft picks & straight bad drafts period.
It was a 6th round draft pick. I never understood why people get that upset when these guys fizzle out. The Jarret pick was bad but at least they admitted it instead of holding on to him. And sure, Graham will always be compared with JPP or even Earl Thomas but the guy is just getting his shot and is playing pretty well. Sure, Graham probably won't ever be better than JPP but that doesn't make Graham a bad pick, just JPP a great pick who would go top 5 if the draft was done again. And it isn't like they drafted Rolando McClain or Gerald McCoy.And by all accounts, they had a great 2012 draft, and not knowing much about other team's 6th or 7th round picks, I'd venture to go out on a strong limb and say the Eagles had a top 3 draft.

I already said before i thought this draft was great defensively.

People got upset because they relied on those late round picks to fill in starter roles when they were nothing more then projects, special team only or just complete reaches to begin with, type picks. Then those positions lead to major cause of a bad season...that is why people get upset.

Graham pick, was a bad pick when S was the biggest need and DE wasn't and Thomas was right there to pick. They still haven't been able to fill either safety spot properly since then. That was a complete curveball to everyone besides the eagles FO.

Allen may be coming around but that position was a huge problem & major cause in the outcome of the past two seasons. Hell it still is a question mark.

Now this upcoming offseason they are going to have to address offensive line...again because the chances of Peters coming back to his former self is slim, the depth on the line is basically non exsistent because those players they did draft arent around anymore ( werent good enough to even be back ups. ) That though is a storyline for the offseason cause honestly who knows what is going to happen to the coaching staff ( if Reid goes will Mudd stay here still? )

edit: I mean its not some hidden secret that they had bad drafts, even the GM came out and admitted they went about things the wrong way

Gotta laugh cause of all the people thought he was such a great pick and what not. Just another mark in the line of failed draft picks & straight bad drafts period.

Julian Vandervelde signed again too. Still dunno why he was cut in the first place<br>
Who are these people?

Who are these people?
There were people on this board, other blogs, some analysts that were adamant he was a good pick, that he should have a starting job and would do well.

Real good win against a tough division opponent. Big props to the defense for holding them to 3 points in the first half when starting with a short field most of the game. WTH happened to special teams? Godawful. Nice game from Vick, NO TURNOVERS!! :clap: Even givin some credit to the playcalling for actually amping up the run game in the 2nd half. Too bad we can't get Shady going like that in the first half, I think our games will be easier. :shrug: Amazing to see two head coaches trying to out stupid each other in the last two minutes of the game. :lol:
I think they tried to get shady going but weren't getting the big chunks. The reason the second half was so successful was because of those 2 and 3 yarders from the first half. Big difference for an o-linemen to drive into a DL rather than playing catch. Eventually it wears on those DLinemen so that you can break of 10 and 12 yarders in the 2nd half. The philosophy of a running game. Now I don't expect Andy to suddenly become Jim Harbaugh here but I hope he recognizes what an effect it can have. Sometimes coaches over think things. Andy does that a lot. But when they look at the tape after a humiliating game, Andy usually comes out with a good game plan. I hope he understands McCoy's importance in this offense and what a threat he brings to defenses. McCoy is where this offensive focus should be so that Djax and Maclin have single coverage down field instead of safety over the top all the time.
I hear ya but IMO getting Shady 6 carries in the first half just isn't nearly enough to get him and the running game going. Why the #### is Reid ramming Bryce Brown down our throats??? He shouldn't been seen until the fourth quarter when we're winning 35-7. It's ####### ridiculous.
I'm OK with giving Brown more carries...saving McCoy a little or letting him get a few more touches in the passing game (in space) while letting Brown move the pile in short yardage.Brown has talent...don't let the 7th round pricetag fool you.

I already said before i thought this draft was great defensively. People got upset because they relied on those late round picks to fill in starter roles when they were nothing more then projects, special team only or just complete reaches to begin with, type picks. Then those positions lead to major cause of a bad season...that is why people get upset.Graham pick, was a bad pick when S was the biggest need and DE wasn't and Thomas was right there to pick. They still haven't been able to fill either safety spot properly since then. That was a complete curveball to everyone besides the eagles FO.Allen may be coming around but that position was a huge problem & major cause in the outcome of the past two seasons. Hell it still is a question mark.Now this upcoming offseason they are going to have to address offensive line...again because the chances of Peters coming back to his former self is slim, the depth on the line is basically non exsistent because those players they did draft arent around anymore ( werent good enough to even be back ups. ) That though is a storyline for the offseason cause honestly who knows what is going to happen to the coaching staff ( if Reid goes will Mudd stay here still? )edit: I mean its not some hidden secret that they had bad drafts, even the GM came out and admitted they went about things the wrong way
Well they took Allen the same year they could have taken Thomas. Sure, Thomas looks obvious now but before Allen got injured, he was looking like a great pick. Starting a 2nd rounder like Allen isn't unheard of, in fact you usually want a starter from day one in round 2 like Kendricks. Yes, the debacle last year with Matthews was bad and indefensible, but I just get upset that Eagles fans complain about a 5th-7th rounder not panning out when that is the norm. The only team that consistently drafts very well are the Pats. Apart from that, I don't think a team consistently beats the Eagles in the draft as shown by their and the Pats success in the past decade. Eagles fans are always just like well Thomas and JPP were drafted after Graham but they fail to take into account the fact that we got Cox this year or Desean Jackson was taken after Eddie Royal and James Hardy, McCoy was taken after Beanie Wells, Maclin after Crabtree/DHB. So I just think its unfair to bring up the relative busts without mentioning the home runs. As an aside with Thomas, I think the Eagles/NYG have also shown that a strong D-line is the key to winning, so I can't fault them for taking a DE especially if Graham turned out to be JPP, we'd be the most intimidating team and the team up I-95 wouldn't have another ring. And just a refresher on Allen's rookie year. http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/blogs/birds-nest/Nate-Allens-Quietly-Historic-Rookie-Start-104831799.html

I hate that Kendricks guy. And Cox and Boykin. And Allen and Maclin and McCoy and Jackson.
:goodposting: It's comical to see people complain about the Eagles draft record. They haven't won any superbowls but they've been one of the most successful franchises over the past decade. You simply cannot maintain that type of consistency without drafting well. They hit more than most other teams. Thats what separates them from the Oakland Raiders of the world.

It was a 6th round draft pick. I never understood why people get that upset when these guys fizzle out. The Jarret pick was bad but at least they admitted it instead of holding on to him. And sure, Graham will always be compared with JPP or even Earl Thomas but the guy is just getting his shot and is playing pretty well. Sure, Graham probably won't ever be better than JPP but that doesn't make Graham a bad pick, just JPP a great pick who would go top 5 if the draft was done again. And it isn't like they drafted Rolando McClain or Gerald McCoy.And by all accounts, they had a great 2012 draft, and not knowing much about other team's 6th or 7th round picks, I'd venture to go out on a strong limb and say the Eagles had a top 3 draft.
IMHO I think we got a great late round pick in Bryce Brown. Could be one of the biggest steals in the late rounds of the draft do to his potential if he turns out well.

I already said before i thought this draft was great defensively. People got upset because they relied on those late round picks to fill in starter roles when they were nothing more then projects, special team only or just complete reaches to begin with, type picks. Then those positions lead to major cause of a bad season...that is why people get upset.Graham pick, was a bad pick when S was the biggest need and DE wasn't and Thomas was right there to pick. They still haven't been able to fill either safety spot properly since then. That was a complete curveball to everyone besides the eagles FO.Allen may be coming around but that position was a huge problem & major cause in the outcome of the past two seasons. Hell it still is a question mark.Now this upcoming offseason they are going to have to address offensive line...again because the chances of Peters coming back to his former self is slim, the depth on the line is basically non exsistent because those players they did draft arent around anymore ( werent good enough to even be back ups. ) That though is a storyline for the offseason cause honestly who knows what is going to happen to the coaching staff ( if Reid goes will Mudd stay here still? )edit: I mean its not some hidden secret that they had bad drafts, even the GM came out and admitted they went about things the wrong way
I strongly disagree on Thomas here dude. i respect your opinion but Thomas would have done bad in this defense considering how much the safety has to play up at the LOS. Thomas is pretty bad stopping the run and get's destroyed by bigger backs most of the time. He doesn't read the run really well and isn't great at run support which is important in this def. Just because a guy was great in college doesn't mean he will be in the NFL. And just because he looks good in SEA you can't say he'd be great with Philly. Guys fit different systems. Now jpp I'm not happy about passing over but I haven't lost sleep over Earl thomas unless he becomes some great HOF FS in the future.

Who are these people?
There were people on this board, other blogs, some analysts that were adamant he was a good pick, that he should have a starting job and would do well.
From my understanding according to the beat writters he was cut because not of his demotion but because he :censored: about not starting and playing STs instead. In this organization that's a death sentence to complain about that. Absolute no no. :no:

April has been horrible as a STs coach. He hasnt done a thing since he got here and he was supposed to be an ST ace. He needs to go this offseason or sooner if the STs dont turn around.

April has been horrible as a STs coach. He hasnt done a thing since he got here and he was supposed to be an ST ace. He needs to go this offseason or sooner if the STs dont turn around.
FWIW, prior to Sunday night we had 85 consecutive kick-offs without a return of 35+ yards

FWIW, prior to Sunday night we had 85 consecutive kick-offs without a return of 35+ yards
Eagles ST rankings from an article i read:
2010:Kick Return: 20.5....25thPunt Return: 10.6....12th....1 TDOpponent Kickoff: 12th....21.8Opponent Punt Return: 9.1.....17th2011:Kickoff Returns: 20.9.....31stPunt Returns: 7.1.....28thOpponent Kickoff: 23.1.....19thOpponent Punt: 5.7....3rd2012:Kickoff returns: 19.1 yards....31stPunt returns: 5.0 yds.....31stOpponent kickoff: 30.5....29thOpponent punt return: 11.4....24thOf the 12 chances April's unit has had to finish in the top 10 (4 categories, 3 years), they have finished in the top 10 only once.

2010:Kick Return: 20.5....25thPunt Return: 10.6....12th....1 TDOpponent Kickoff: 12th....21.8Opponent Punt Return: 9.1.....17th2011:Kickoff Returns: 20.9.....31stPunt Returns: 7.1.....28thOpponent Kickoff: 23.1.....19thOpponent Punt: 5.7....3rd2012:Kickoff returns: 19.1 yards....31stPunt returns: 5.0 yds.....31stOpponent kickoff: 30.5....29thOpponent punt return: 11.4....24thOf the 12 chances April's unit has had to finish in the top 10 (4 categories, 3 years), they have finished in the top 10 only once.
That's the kind of stuff that should get a guy fired. He's not even mediocre. He's near the bottom.

'Insein said:
'scratcher said:
That's the kind of stuff that should get a guy fired. He's not even mediocre. He's near the bottom.
That rookie they have out there fielding punts is killing me. All he does is fair catch the ball, and most of the time it's on the 5 yard line. :wall:

'scratcher said:
2010:

Kick Return: 20.5....25th

Punt Return: 10.6....12th....1 TD

Opponent Kickoff: 12th....21.8

Opponent Punt Return: 9.1.....17th

2011:

Kickoff Returns: 20.9.....31st

Punt Returns: 7.1.....28th

Opponent Kickoff: 23.1.....19th

Opponent Punt: 5.7....3rd

2012:

Kickoff returns: 19.1 yards....31st

Punt returns: 5.0 yds.....31st

Opponent kickoff: 30.5....29th

Opponent punt return: 11.4....24th

Of the 12 chances April's unit has had to finish in the top 10 (4 categories, 3 years), they have finished in the top 10 only once.
LOL. And the one top 10 finish was with the punter that they just cut. At least he's better than Danny Smith

So this post game quote from Vick really bothers me (source):

It was just one of them days. Everything happens for a reason. If it was meant to be, I wouldn’t have fumbled the ball at the goal line.
Ugh. It did happen for a reason, but not the one he means. The "wasn't meant to be" copout for a play/game like this is a loser's attitude. His turnovers have been killing this offense all year, and I find that response just :hot: .

Vick's turnovers are troublesome, but I'm getting very concerned about the O-line. This offense thrived on the big play last year, but Vick has no time to let the receivers get open deep this year, and one of the reasons he's turning the ball over so much is because he's getting hit way too often.

Very happy about how the defense has played, and reasonably satisfied with a 3-2 record at this point. If this O-line can get it together a little bit, the points will start coming again.

NBC pregame show had a short piece on the poor pass blocking of the Eagles and talked about the center failing to call for a slide, resulting in a free rusher with nobody for Vick to throw the ball to.

Eagles miss Kelce more than we could have guessed. What's the timeframe on his return?

NBC pregame show had a short piece on the poor pass blocking of the Eagles and talked about the center failing to call for a slide, resulting in a free rusher with nobody for Vick to throw the ball to.Eagles miss Kelce more than we could have guessed. What's the timeframe on his return?
2013. season ending IR

I think this hurts more than if the Steelers blew us out. We had them. We should have dominated them and won this game going away like 20-10. The fumble on the goaline cost us points and the fumble at midfield probably cost us another 3. Just horrible, inexcusable turnovers. Defense played well enough despite some costly 3rd down conversions. Can't pin that all on them.

It was a game we penciled in as a loss before the season but we could have won this game. That drive in the 4th quarter was so awesome it just makes you wonder what would have happened had we done more Shady in the first half. Need to step it up for week 6 against a desperate and rested Lions team.

Ugly game but they can't play much worse and to still be in it is a silver lining. That said, turnovers have to stop and the offense has to start playing well from the start and stop putting us in these holes. The O-line has to be better but Vick is terrible with pre snap adjustments. I guess Kelce handled all that but he rarely calls out blitzes and never hot routes anyone.

Defense played well to start then let Pittsburgh chew them up towards the end. Nnamdi sucks. Last year he got the excuse of new system playing zone. What is the excuse this year? He can pretty much do whatever he wants and he continues to get burned by the other teams second and third receivers. It is pretty sad.

And where is the blitz. They had the game on 3rd and 12 and they let them off the hook. Front 4 wasn't getting a ton of pressure especially with the protection they were running, a 5th guy would have either opened up space for Babin/Cole or even got to him on his own.

NBC pregame show had a short piece on the poor pass blocking of the Eagles and talked about the center failing to call for a slide, resulting in a free rusher with nobody for Vick to throw the ball to.Eagles miss Kelce more than we could have guessed. What's the timeframe on his return?
They are right on the center but that falls to the QB on most teams. Loosing Kelce hurt but if our QB could read a defense that's his ob to call those schemes out.

Vick is literally a turnover machine. Today he cost us one!!!
He has to have a short leash against Det. with the bye after Det IMHO wouldn't be shocked and it'd be a good move to put in foles if Vick plays poorly then bench Vick for at least the game coming off the bye. This would give Foles ample time to prepare for his 1st NFL start while he got some snaps in the game prior. If they are having thoughts of benching Vick next week and the bye is very important to make that decision.

He has to have a short leash against Det. with the bye after Det IMHO wouldn't be shocked and it'd be a good move to put in foles if Vick plays poorly then bench Vick for at least the game coming off the bye. This would give Foles ample time to prepare for his 1st NFL start while he got some snaps in the game prior. If they are having thoughts of benching Vick next week and the bye is very important to make that decision.
ITs not happening. Unless Vick has another 4 turnover game, Foles will stay on the sidelines until Vick gets hurt. Reid will go down with Vick because right now they are 3-2 because of Vick. His turnovers and his late game drives. People need to get the Nick Foles nonsense out of their heads. If we were 1-4, then it would be obvious but at 3-2, it ain't happening.

Nnamdi sucks. Last year he got the excuse of new system playing zone. What is the excuse this year? He can pretty much do whatever he wants and he continues to get burned by the other teams second and third receivers. It is pretty sad.
He just doesn't seem to have any makeup speed, or much awareness of the ball in the air. I didn't pay too much attention to him in Oakland but would be really curious to see if he's faded since then, or was just rarely tested on a bad team with easier yards elsewhere.

This ship goes down with Juan, Andy, and Vick. You aren't going to put a rookie QB in the drivers seat of a Super Bowl hopeful team. This defense is good enough for the Super Bowl and the weapons on offense should be good enough but you can't go through the growing pains with a rookie QB especially with Reid knowing his seat is hot.

They are right on the center but that falls to the QB on most teams. Loosing Kelce hurt but if our QB could read a defense that's his ob to call those schemes out.
There were two plays in the first half where a blitzer came late between Watkins and Herremans. He went untouched both times while Danny stood in space looking elsewhere.

I think Vick is single-handily killing the franchise and will be the reason Andy and the front office get fired. Rightfully so because they paid the guy. Vick actually played worse than Weeden.
Anybody on board yet? Or are we still defending this bum

I think Vick is single-handily killing the franchise and will be the reason Andy and the front office get fired. Rightfully so because they paid the guy. Vick actually played worse than Weeden.
We aren't defending him, but we are trying to win games. A rookie QB isn't going to do much better especially when you consider how bad our O-line is. If anything, Vick is our only hope without Kelce and Peters. Foles is considered a strong arm which with our WRs would be great if he actually got time to throw the ball but he'd be even worse out there. We'd need to run a system similar to the Pats with quick hitters.This season is on Vick, and we just have to hope he turns it around or we'll see a lot of changes around here next year. Either way, I'd consider it a win-win situation.

We aren't defending him, but we are trying to win games. A rookie QB isn't going to do much better especially when you consider how bad our O-line is. If anything, Vick is our only hope without Kelce and Peters. Foles is considered a strong arm which with our WRs would be great if he actually got time to throw the ball but he'd be even worse out there. We'd need to run a system similar to the Pats with quick hitters.This season is on Vick, and we just have to hope he turns it around or we'll see a lot of changes around here next year. Either way, I'd consider it a win-win situation.
I'd bet my first born Foles would have a better turnover rate than Vick after the same 5 game sample. Turnover are dictating all of our games not play calling like most of you believe

I'd bet my first born Foles would have a better turnover rate than Vick after the same 5 game sample. Turnover are dictating all of our games not play calling like most of you believe
And I would bet my 3rd born that Foles doesn't make the game winning drives that Vick does not because he doesn't have talent. He doesn't have the experience. You can't throw a rookie in and expect him to get the pace of an NFL game down let alone feel the flow enough to mount of comeback in 4 games of the 5. I don't care what kind of success rookies have been having statistically lately, it just doesn't happen that a rookie leads a team to the super bowl especially coming in mid season. If turnovers were dictating our games, the Eagles would be 1-4 right now. Bottomline, if Foles comes in, the season is over and Reid & Vick are most likely gone. This doesn't guarantee Foles stays at all though. The new coach would want his own guy in there unless Foles was ridiculously good. So again, enough with this Foles nonsense.

Sure the turnover rate kills us now, but do you really think it will continue to be this bad? Vick hasn't thrown a pick in 3 games. Yes, fumbles are now an issue and he has to put the ball away better but most fumbles are just bad luck with the defender getting his head or arm on the ball. Sure, Foles wouldn't have as many turnovers, but he'd be sacked twice as much. One of the most mobile QBs in the game has 11 sacks (sure he holds the ball too long) but you really think a guy with lead feet who probably makes Peyton Manning look fast will do better?Foles would have to come in and be able to read defenses, switch the line with a rookie center, and probably run an offense like Brady or Manning does. Remember Peyton's rookie year? 56.7 completion %, 26 TDs with 28 INT and that is one of the best QBs in the game. Most of Foles work was down against second stringers or players no longer on those teams and were with quick strike long balls without any video. Now teams have video, he'll be facing real front 4's and they won't let him beat them over the top.

Sure the turnover rate kills us now, but do you really think it will continue to be this bad? Vick hasn't thrown a pick in 3 games. Yes, fumbles are now an issue and he has to put the ball away better but most fumbles are just bad luck with the defender getting his head or arm on the ball. Sure, Foles wouldn't have as many turnovers, but he'd be sacked twice as much. One of the most mobile QBs in the game has 11 sacks (sure he holds the ball too long) but you really think a guy with lead feet who probably makes Peyton Manning look fast will do better?Foles would have to come in and be able to read defenses, switch the line with a rookie center, and probably run an offense like Brady or Manning does. Remember Peyton's rookie year? 56.7 completion %, 26 TDs with 28 INT and that is one of the best QBs in the game. Most of Foles work was down against second stringers or players no longer on those teams and were with quick strike long balls without any video. Now teams have video, he'll be facing real front 4's and they won't let him beat them over the top.
Have you even watched Vick? Yes, the turnovers will continue. Last year he had 14 INTs and 10 fumbles in 13 games. It isn't something new for the guy.

According to Via Sikahema (sp?) the Eagles are the 2nd worst (ppg) scoring team ahead of only Jacksonville. And we have Vick, McCoy, Jackson, Maclin & Celek.

3-2 is 3-2 but next week against Detroit just got a whole lot more important with a red hot Atlanta coming to town (also coming off bye).

There were two plays in the first half where a blitzer came late between Watkins and Herremans. He went untouched both times while Danny stood in space looking elsewhere.
Saw those :(

First fumble certainly had nothing to do with luck. He should have slid feet first and it would have been a non-issue. And regardless it was an idiotic and reckless play. And the one at the goal line is inexcusable. With any awareness of the situation, you have to protect, protect, protect.

So delusional and renesauz are run by the same person as schtick accounts counter-balancing the extremes, right? Kind of like Jim11 and Perry147?

We can win with Vick. But he's just not very bright, nor does he "throw guys open" like elite QBs.

With Vick, if you can give him average pass protection, he can throw a nice deep ball to an open WR. He can't throw the 6 yard slant to a well covered one consistantly...it's those routes where he tends to make the most mental errors.

The Eagles offense relies on the big play, on Vick often eluding one guy 3 seconds into the play (not 2 or 3 right away). Vick either has to fall back into his old style (running 15 times a game), or the O-line has to improve for this team to have any chance. Since neither are likely, someone like Foles who might be able to make the right read/throw on that 8 yard slant might actually be an improvement.

'Insein said:
'ShaHBucks said:
'sporthenry said:
'ShaHBucks said:
And I would bet my 3rd born that Foles doesn't make the game winning drives that Vick does not because he doesn't have talent. He doesn't have the experience. You can't throw a rookie in and expect him to get the pace of an NFL game down let alone feel the flow enough to mount of comeback in 4 games of the 5. I don't care what kind of success rookies have been having statistically lately, it just doesn't happen that a rookie leads a team to the super bowl especially coming in mid season. If turnovers were dictating our games, the Eagles would be 1-4 right now. Bottomline, if Foles comes in, the season is over and Reid & Vick are most likely gone. This doesn't guarantee Foles stays at all though. The new coach would want his own guy in there unless Foles was ridiculously good. So again, enough with this Foles nonsense.
Um stop watching football. We're winning game despite Vick playing like sht. The talent on this team shouldn't need a game winning drive to beat the dam Browns. Right now we are in a hole at QB so lets stop digging, Foles is the future, Vick isn't good, lets not keep prolonging the inevitable.  Mike Vick is not a Superbowl winning QB, he's not even a playoff game winning QB for the 11 years he's been in the league. 2010 was a long time ago and Vick isn't as good of a passer as the decision makers thought when he was playing for his life literally. Right now teams are not letting him make plays out of the pocket sending DB's in his face from the left, he holds the ball and isn't accurate(Correct me if I'm wrong). With our Defense and play makers on offense we don't need anything spectacular at QB right now to improve, just not this bum throwing every game. This isn't Madden and good QB's don't win game with their feet, that's not how the position is meant to be played. Foles has stone feet but gets rid of the ball fast and can throw on the run, problem solved. Regardless of what you think he won't be the QB next year with his salary and Foles behind him. I told a buddy of mine weeks ago if there was a open QB competition in the preseason Vick would have lost. Not only would he have lost because Foles is a better QB, he would have lost because he's not even built physically to play the position and that showed in the preseason and his time here.

'Snotbubbles said:
'sporthenry said:
'ShaHBucks said:
'sporthenry said:
'ShaHBucks said:
Have you even watched Vick? Yes, the turnovers will continue. Last year he had 14 INTs and 10 fumbles in 13 games. It isn't something new for the guy.
Reading this was like a breath of fresh air :goodposting:

'Please See Mine said:
So delusional and renesauz are run by the same person as schtick accounts counter-balancing the extremes, right? Kind of like Jim11 and Perry147?
What the hell are you alking about?

Tiki Barber says :

It's time to put Vick on the bench.
:unsure: So does Peter King:

3. I think Andy Reid, after watching Mike Vick lose two more fumbles in the first quarter at Pittsburgh, has to be thinking about benching Vick. Not today, but soon, if Vick can't hold onto it. That's 11 turnovers in the first 17 quarters of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread