What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (3 Viewers)

12 team PPR starting it's 11th season, lots of activity this week.

Team B gives: 1.03, 1.09, 2014 1st (of team J), Romo

Team J gives: 1.05 2016 1st and 2nd, Stafford

Team E gives: A Hernandez, 3.01

Team J gives: Olsen, Pitta, 1.09

Team E gives: Pead, 1.10

Team B gives: 1.05

Team T (me) gives: 1.01, Ivory, J Baldwin, 2014 2nd (middle of pack)

Team R gives: 1.04, K Wright, 3.02, 2014 1st (middle of pack)
The first one looks good to me - Stafford for Romo and a 1st

Hernandez looks like the winner, but I've seen Hopkins drop to 1.9 and Ball/Hunter should still be there.

1.10 is right at the edge what I consider a big dropoff in the draft. Would Pead/Lattimore be worth Hopkins? If Patterson fell I'd be kicking myself.

I'm not even a Wright fan but I'm taking the 1.04 side.

12 team PPR starting it's 11th season, lots of activity this week.

Team B gives: 1.03, 1.09, 2014 1st (of team J), Romo

Team J gives: 1.05 2016 1st and 2nd, Stafford

Team E gives: A Hernandez, 3.01

Team J gives: Olsen, Pitta, 1.09

Team E gives: Pead, 1.10

Team B gives: 1.05

Team T (me) gives: 1.01, Ivory, J Baldwin, 2014 2nd (middle of pack)

Team R gives: 1.04, K Wright, 3.02, 2014 1st (middle of pack)
1st trade - Team J. I would much prefer the immediacy of team Js lot in the first trade. Seeing as it seems relatively easy to get picks well ahead of the year, regaining the value of the 1st in 2016 should be manageable, and I don't see the output between Romo and Staff as being that much over the next few years. I would be pretty happy with nabbing a 2014 pick at this point.

2nd trade - I'm not the biggest Hernandez fan, but I probably saddle on that side of the equation. I like the value 1.09 has been getting recently though, so depends on how the draft falls.

3rd trade - Not really a fan of Pead, would well prefer the types of players available at 1.05. View it more as 1.05>>>1.10, Pead relatively valueless in my books.

4th trade - Difference between 1.01 and 1.04 isn't too much this year. I'm a massive Ivory fan though, and reckon he could certainly be worth a gander if he was a FA, so I don't see the different between him and 1.04 as that huge. If you roughly equate 1.01 to a mid 2014 first, it comes down to Wright/3.02, who I would prefer over Baldwin/2014 2nd (And I still have some faint hopes for Baldwin haha...) Would prefer T but wouldn't complain with R either in a PPR.

Sent - Ivory/1.06/Stevie Brown/2014 2nd

Received - David Wilson

I sent the offer knowing it was a lowball, went back and forth a bit but he ended up accepting the original offer...

He's an interested character when the draft rolls around.

2 superflex spots with 6 points all TDs so at 1.06, one of Austin/Patterson/Hopkins/Bell/Bernard will be available. Or if he's lucky a QB will drop there.

QBs - Roeth/Kaepernick/Hoyer

RB - Rice/Richardson/Wilson/Stewart/Tate/DRich

WR - Megatron/Nicks/Jennings/Sanders/VBrown/Baldwin

TE - Witten/Cook/Bennett

IDP

Sent: Antonio Gates

Received: Brandon Myers

I don't expect Myers to sniff the 80 catches he had last year but I think 60/800/7 is reasonable for the Giants. Gates hasn't produced more than that the past three seasons and he's 5 years older, but I still wouldn't be surprised if he outperformed Myers next year. I consider them pretty equal; Myers has a lower ceiling but is younger and in a better offense. Tony G has remained productive at 35 but then again he has Julio and Roddy clearing defenses, so the comparison is not ideal, and Gates could be about done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked at my team in the Superflex league I've been posting some trades from in. I have through a series of trades.

Gave:

Chris Johnson

David Wilson

Greg Jennings

Reggie Bush

Danny Amendola

Got:

Trent Richardson

AJ Green

Greg McElroy

Devery Henderson

Joel Dreesen.

2.08 Rookie Pick (20th overall)

2014 1st rounder.

Mind you this was through a half dozen trades though with various owner. My team was 1 missed Reggie Bush start away from being the champions last season. Heavily stocked and had some sick depth. I'm happy with the additions of Richardson and Green going forward for a long time. Obviously I'll dump McElroy, Henderson, and Dreesen in this draft coming up. Hopefully replacing Henderson with a prospect.

Just happened to take a look today and feel I did well moving forward.

My team now looks like this.

McElroy, Greg NYJ QB - 10

Newton, Cam CAR QB (P) - 4

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB (P) - 4

Hillis, Peyton FA RB - -

Ivory, Christopher NYJ RB - 10

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB - 12

Miller, Lamar MIA RB - 6

Powell, Bilal NYJ RB - 10

Richardson, Trent CLE RB - 10

Turbin, Robert SEA RB - 12

Givens, Chris STL WR - 11

Green, A.J. CIN WR - 12

Harvin, Percy SEA WR - 12

Henderson, Devery FA* WR - -

Jenkins, A.J. SFO WR - 9

LaFell, Brandon CAR WR - 4

Marshall, Brandon CHI WR (P) - 8

Wayne, Reggie IND WR - 8

Wright, Kendall TEN WR - 8

Dreessen, Joel DEN TE - 9

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE - 6

Pitta, Dennis BAL TE - 8

Barth, Connor TBB PK - 5

Broncos, Denver DEN Def - 9

I just looked at my team in the Superflex league I've been posting some trades from in. I have through a series of trades. Gave:Chris JohnsonDavid WilsonGreg JenningsReggie BushDanny Amendola Got:Trent RichardsonAJ GreenGreg McElroyDevery HendersonJoel Dreesen.2.08 Rookie Pick (20th overall)2014 1st rounder. Mind you this was through a half dozen trades though with various owner. My team was 1 missed Reggie Bush start away from being the champions last season. Heavily stocked and had some sick depth. I'm happy with the additions of Richardson and Green going forward for a long time. Obviously I'll dump McElroy, Henderson, and Dreesen in this draft coming up. Hopefully replacing Henderson with a prospect. Just happened to take a look today and feel I did well moving forward. My team now looks like this.McElroy, Greg NYJ QB - 10Newton, Cam CAR QB (P) - 4Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB (P) - 4Hillis, Peyton FA RB - -Ivory, Christopher NYJ RB - 10Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB - 12Miller, Lamar MIA RB - 6Powell, Bilal NYJ RB - 10Richardson, Trent CLE RB - 10Turbin, Robert SEA RB - 12Givens, Chris STL WR - 11Green, A.J. CIN WR - 12Harvin, Percy SEA WR - 12Henderson, Devery FA* WR - -Jenkins, A.J. SFO WR - 9LaFell, Brandon CAR WR - 4Marshall, Brandon CHI WR (P) - 8Wayne, Reggie IND WR - 8Wright, Kendall TEN WR - 8Dreessen, Joel DEN TE - 9Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE - 6Pitta, Dennis BAL TE - 8Barth, Connor TBB PK - 5Broncos, Denver DEN Def - 9
Gave: 5 above average pieces

Got: 2 absolute studs, a bunch of junk, and a 1st round draft pick

I'll take the studs any day. Wilson is the only one that I would have been wary of giving up but for Green/Richardson it's more than worth it.

Sent: Antonio Gates

Received: Brandon Myers

I don't expect Myers to sniff the 80 catches he had last year but I think 60/800/7 is reasonable for the Giants. Gates hasn't produced more than that the past three seasons and he's 5 years older, but I still wouldn't be surprised if he outperformed Myers next year. I consider them pretty equal; Myers has a lower ceiling but is younger and in a better offense. Tony G has remained productive at 35 but then again he has Julio and Roddy clearing defenses, so the comparison is not ideal, and Gates could be about done.
I was on the other side. You never know, but I'm a Chargers fan and think Gates is almost done. My hope is to get a better year out of him than Myers and then hopefully Green (who I also own) takes over for Gates. Green is right up there with Danario as the most talented receiver on the team. After Gates leaves there will be a big hole in the offense that can't be filled by possession guys like Allen and Brown.

FreeBaGeL said:
Sabertooth said:
I just looked at my team in the Superflex league I've been posting some trades from in. I have through a series of trades. Gave:Chris JohnsonDavid WilsonGreg JenningsReggie BushDanny Amendola Got:Trent RichardsonAJ GreenGreg McElroyDevery HendersonJoel Dreesen.2.08 Rookie Pick (20th overall)2014 1st rounder. Mind you this was through a half dozen trades though with various owner. My team was 1 missed Reggie Bush start away from being the champions last season. Heavily stocked and had some sick depth. I'm happy with the additions of Richardson and Green going forward for a long time. Obviously I'll dump McElroy, Henderson, and Dreesen in this draft coming up. Hopefully replacing Henderson with a prospect. Just happened to take a look today and feel I did well moving forward. My team now looks like this.McElroy, Greg NYJ QB - 10Newton, Cam CAR QB (P) - 4Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB (P) - 4Hillis, Peyton FA RB - -Ivory, Christopher NYJ RB - 10Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB - 12Miller, Lamar MIA RB - 6Powell, Bilal NYJ RB - 10Richardson, Trent CLE RB - 10Turbin, Robert SEA RB - 12Givens, Chris STL WR - 11Green, A.J. CIN WR - 12Harvin, Percy SEA WR - 12Henderson, Devery FA* WR - -Jenkins, A.J. SFO WR - 9LaFell, Brandon CAR WR - 4Marshall, Brandon CHI WR (P) - 8Wayne, Reggie IND WR - 8Wright, Kendall TEN WR - 8Dreessen, Joel DEN TE - 9Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE - 6Pitta, Dennis BAL TE - 8Barth, Connor TBB PK - 5Broncos, Denver DEN Def - 9
Gave: 5 above average pieces

Got: 2 absolute studs, a bunch of junk, and a 1st round draft pick

I'll take the studs any day. Wilson is the only one that I would have been wary of giving up but for Green/Richardson it's more than worth it.
I had to sacrifice Wilson to get Richardson.

I always like solidifying two or three above average guys into a stud. Plus the studs are just babies. Still have all their best football ahead of them. I'm not sure you can say that about any of the guys I traded away. I'm licking my chops to start AJ Green, Percy Harvin, and Brandon Marshall with Reggie Wayne in reserve this year. It makes my failed attempts to get Gronk or Graham more palatable.

Not sure who to grab with that 20th pick this year but I'm leaning Da'Rick Rogers right now in a "swing for the fences" type of move. Might go Kelce though or Brandon Meyers (who is inexplicably unrostered).

Rookie draft day trade: 12 team ppr 25 man rosters. qb, 2rb, 2wr, te, flex, d/st, k

Team A traded #2 overall

Team B traded #5 and #16

$220 salary cap, 1qb, 1 rb, 2wr, 1te, 1flex rb/wr/te PPR

High risk, high reward...

Traded

Ridley $10, Vereen $1, and DJax $11

For

MJD $22, Wallace $22

Currently will start Cam, ray Rice, MJD, Julio, MJD,

Still need a te only have Cameron

Depth is Ballard, Beanie, Maclin, decker

Still have 40% of my cap money mostly rookies available

2.7, 3.6, 4.9, and 2014 2nd for 2014 1st. He was 3-9 this year but that doesn't really matter. I just much prefer a 1st next year over cutting guys from my team that I like for rookies in a weak class.

Slow build to dynasty format league. Keep 8 before draft this year. Keep 14 next, 20 next next, etc...

PPR 10 team

Team A gave:

Larry Fitz

Hakeem Nicks

2013 1.04

Team B gave:

Julio Jones

Percy Harvin

2014 1st ... likely 1.05 or later

Slow build to dynasty format league. Keep 8 before draft this year. Keep 14 next, 20 next next, etc...

PPR 10 team

Team A gave:

Larry Fitz

Hakeem Nicks

2013 1.04

Team B gave:

Julio Jones

Percy Harvin

I like getting Julio and Harvin here.

PPR 10 team

Team A gave:

Larry Fitz

Hakeem Nicks

2013 1.04

Team B gave:

Julio Jones

Percy Harvin

Looks like a nice win for the Julio/Harvin side

Slow build to dynasty format league. Keep 8 before draft this year. Keep 14 next, 20 next next, etc...PPR 10 team Team A gave:Larry FitzHakeem Nicks2013 1.04 Team B gave:Julio JonesPercy Harvin2014 1st ... likely 1.05 or later
Wow. How the hell do you also get a 2014 1st back in a deal like this?

Slow build to dynasty format league. Keep 8 before draft this year. Keep 14 next, 20 next next, etc...PPR 10 team Team A gave:Larry FitzHakeem Nicks2013 1.04 Team B gave:Julio JonesPercy Harvin2014 1st ... likely 1.05 or later
Not sure, but I would say it is influenced by the additional non-rookies in the draft pool this year and the 2014 pick being very likely to be at the back.

I posted here to see what others would say, but I don't view the trade heavily favored either way. They seem like all top 10 WRs to me...more of pick your poison I thought.

Not sure, but I would say it is influenced by the additional non-rookies in the draft pool this year and the 2014 pick being very likely to be at the back. I posted here to see what others would say, but I don't view the trade heavily favored either way. They seem like all top 10 WRs to me...more of pick your poison I thought.
Julio and Harvin are clearly valued above those two by most, which is why my reaction was 'wow'.

Not sure, but I would say it is influenced by the additional non-rookies in the draft pool this year and the 2014 pick being very likely to be at the back. I posted here to see what others would say, but I don't view the trade heavily favored either way. They seem like all top 10 WRs to me...more of pick your poison I thought.
I'll take the side with this year's 1.04. Only 8 keepers this year makes that a pretty good player, I'd bet. Next year's 1st is far less valuable given the league setup.

Julio and Harvin are clearly valued above those two by most, which is why my reaction was 'wow'.
I would tend to agree with your assessment. While I think most of those guys slot in to the WR3-10ish range... at least around these parts Julio and Harvin are in the front half of that range and Nicks and Fitz after at the back.

However, sometimes I also think that 3-10ish range is fairly flat and the differences are overblown somewhat.

10 team super flex, start 11 players, 1-2 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 1-2 K, 1-2 DSTTeam A gives: Ryan TannehillTeam B gives: Josh Freeman, Cecil Shorts, 14 4thWe have a waiver rule where you can only pick up one player during a waiver period, and it runs twice a week. You keep all players picked up until draft time rolls around, and have to cut/trade all but one. Team B's keeper was Dennis Pitta. Shorts was a FA pick up.
And I just did this with the guy that acquired Shorts since he didn't need to keep anyone elseGave 4.07Received: Rod Streater, 6.09.Was going to keep NE DST..
Draft has started, some draft day trades.

Team A gives: Marshawn Lynch

Team B gives: 1.07 (Eddie Lacy), 3.07

Team C gives: Philip Rivers

Team D gives: 3.04, 5.03, '14 2nd

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, RB/WR/TE Flex

Team A gives: LeSean McCoy, Stevie Johnson

Team B gives: Reggie Bush, Vincent Jackson, 1.06, 1.07

Team A gives: 1.06 (DeAndre Hopkins), 1.07 (Eddie Lacy)

Team C gives: David Wilson, Vincent Brown, Rod Streater, 2.07, 3.02

Team A gives: Andy Dalton, Reggie Bush, Mikel Leshoure, 3.05

Team D gives: Robert Griffin III, Shonn Greene, Beanie Wells, 1.10

12 team PPR Dynasty 1.5 PPR for TE

pick 7

San Fran Defense

for

his 2014 1st (99% sure thing non playoff pick)

Seattle Defense

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, RB/WR/TE Flex

Team A gives: LeSean McCoy, Stevie Johnson

Team B gives: Reggie Bush, Vincent Jackson, 1.06, 1.07

Team A gives: 1.06 (DeAndre Hopkins), 1.07 (Eddie Lacy)

Team C gives: David Wilson, Vincent Brown, Rod Streater, 2.07, 3.02

Team A gives: Andy Dalton, Reggie Bush, Mikel Leshoure, 3.05

Team D gives: Robert Griffin III, Shonn Greene, Beanie Wells, 1.10
Lean towards McCoy, but the volume in the first trade is enough to balance it.

Wilson and Brown (I think Brown is well worth the risk... Paid an ahead-of-time 2014 first for him last year......) comfortably. Similar to the trade I just made with Ivory instead of 1.07 for Wilson.

RG3 and 1.10.

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, RB/WR/TE Flex Team A gives: LeSean McCoy, Stevie JohnsonTeam B gives: Reggie Bush, Vincent Jackson, 1.06, 1.07 Team A gives: 1.06 (DeAndre Hopkins), 1.07 (Eddie Lacy)Team C gives: David Wilson, Vincent Brown, Rod Streater, 2.07, 3.02 Team A gives: Andy Dalton, Reggie Bush, Mikel Leshoure, 3.05Team D gives: Robert Griffin III, Shonn Greene, Beanie Wells, 1.10
Lean towards McCoy, but the volume in the first trade is enough to balance it. Wilson and Brown (I think Brown is well worth the risk... Paid an ahead-of-time 2014 first for him last year......) comfortably. Similar to the trade I just made with Ivory instead of 1.07 for Wilson. RG3 and 1.10.
I think team A made out really well. He essentially traded Dalton, Shady, Leshoure, Stevie Johnson, 3.05forRGIII, David Wilson, Beanie, Greene, VJax, Streater, VB, 1.10, 2.07, 3.02.

Mjd3.05For1.06. Pick was OTC and the guy took Leveon bell
The guy getting MJD is going to regret that.
I'd rather have MJD over 1.06, and its not even remotely close in my mind.
Would depend on my team - if I don't think I'm a genuine contender I'd rather have the rookie. If I'm in the mix, I'll take MJD. This time next year MJD could be at Frank Gore trade value, which is almost nothing.

Would depend on my team - if I don't think I'm a genuine contender I'd rather have the rookie. If I'm in the mix, I'll take MJD. This time next year MJD could be at Frank Gore trade value, which is almost nothing.
MJD strikes as one of those guys who is going to hit the wall hard. I'm not even convinced he'll outperform Bell this year.

A couple in draft trades so far, Dynasty PPR.

Team A Gave: Justin Blackmon

Team B Gave: TY.Hilton, 2013 3.01,5.01

Team A Gave 2013 2.02(Justin Hunter), 3.01

Team B Gave Dennis Pitta, 2013 2.07

Yea, that's what I'm thinking. 28-year old workhorse back for the 1.06? Yahtzee! Who are you going to get at the 1.06 that is better than even one or two years of a feature back?
I am thinking Le'Veon Bell who just turned 21 has a great chance for mid to low rb2 stats this year and chance for mid to low rb1 stats over the next 5 years assuming he stays healthy. Looks like a great trade for the guy who traded away MJD.

Yea, that's what I'm thinking. 28-year old workhorse back for the 1.06? Yahtzee! Who are you going to get at the 1.06 that is better than even one or two years of a feature back?
I am thinking Le'Veon Bell who just turned 21 has a great chance for mid to low rb2 stats this year and chance for mid to low rb1 stats over the next 5 years assuming he stays healthy. Looks like a great trade for the guy who traded away MJD.
Only one in four RBs drafted in the 2nd round give you 50 career VBD. MJD should surpass that in 2013 alone if he's healthy. 28 year old stud >>>>>>>>>> young mediocrity. Unless your team is an absolute dog for the next few years this is a slam dunk in favor of MJD. The odds of a random 2nd round rookie RB giving 5+ years of RB1 production are obscenely low.

Users who are viewing this thread