What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014/15 UK Basketball - :pours40out: (1 Viewer)

It is sort of amusing looking back through the thread and seeing all the complaints about poor games by UK, including my own, but here we are 24-0, with a bit of a breather in the schedule leading up to the final 3 games: Arkansas, @Georgia, UF

I don't think the Georgia game will be as tough an environment as the last two games @UF and @LSU, but who knows.

NOB website and other outlets stated that the team left yesterday well before any snow arrived. May not be many at the game though. Lots of sports casters seem to believe Tenn. will be tough for us. Can't see how this game environment will be worse that Florida or LSU. Haven't seen Tenn play this year anyone got some player info on this year's team?

NOB website and other outlets stated that the team left yesterday well before any snow arrived. May not be many at the game though. Lots of sports casters seem to believe Tenn. will be tough for us. Can't see how this game environment will be worse that Florida or LSU. Haven't seen Tenn play this year anyone got some player info on this year's team?
Good to hear.

UT was looking really good for a while, but have dropped 5 of their last 7. I think our size will be way too much for them to handle, but if a guy like Richardson gets hot it could be a game.

Thanks Prince for the update. As I have said, I haven't seen Tenn. play this year so not familiar with the team. Just read where the practice routine has been thrown off with the bad weather and all. Not sure that will have a great impact as I believe the team really is coming together. All our bigs seem to have had a revelation. Towns shooting left hooks, Johnson being a bully under the basket, and WCS is just nuts on both ends of the court. The last game against SC was crazy good. I realize it was SC, but still. These road games are suppose to be tough. LSU and Florida both were tough. Now let's see how they fair against Tenn. Should be interesting.

26-0 Baby! Best start in school history. Also learned that C. Jones guard for Louisville is suspended for the season. What is it with Pitino and his players. Every time you turn around he's losing them. This time for "violating team rules". whatever that means.

26-0 Baby! Best start in school history. Also learned that C. Jones guard for Louisville is suspended for the season. What is it with Pitino and his players. Every time you turn around he's losing them. This time for "violating team rules". whatever that means.
What is it with Pitino's eyes? Bad plastic surgery?

Violation of team rules almost always means he got caught smoking weed One more time than they were comfortable with

Check that, Jones is suspended for the Syracuse game. Jeff Goodman with ESPN states that it could be more than the Syracuse game. Believe it when I see it. Pitino is notorious for suspending a player during the season for a game that they could win without that player, then reinstating the player for the next game. Let's see how this rolls.

UK goes for # 27 today. At home against a horrible Auburn team. Let's see if UK gets excited or allows another bottom feeder in the SEC to look like NCAA material.

It has been said by Dickie V. that the team that's gonna beat Kentucky will have to hit the 3 consistently. That the team that beats Kentucky will need to hit at least 10 3's and play great defense to beat UK. I understand this is Auburn, and they are not a very good team. But they hit 11 3's and still lost by 30+. At one point Kentucky had 3 blocked shots to Auburn's 2 points. Just sayin.

Obviously defense will keep them in most games, but if they can really get an inside/outside game going with Towns on the blocks and Harrison and/or Booker on the outside - not sure any team is going to keep up.

Towns might be one of the most improved offensive players this season. He needs to stay out of foul trouble, but he gives UK a legit offensive threat down low, rather than simply relying on offensive put backs.

Check that, Jones is suspended for the Syracuse game. Jeff Goodman with ESPN states that it could be more than the Syracuse game. Believe it when I see it. Pitino is notorious for suspending a player during the season for a game that they could win without that player, then reinstating the player for the next game. Let's see how this rolls.
PG Chris Jones from Louisville is gone. Called it long before it happened. And he may not be the last one to go this season. Rumor mill has it that there is another player needing attention from Pitino. Time will tell.

Just heard Cal say that because of the weather, the team will stay overnight at Miss St. and probably not start the trip back to Lexington until 3:30 or so tomorrow afternoon. He said that meant they would probably practice in Starkville and only have one normal practice before Arkansas. Doesn't sound ideal...

Offense continues to get better. So many guys who can step up and lead the team. Lyles was big tonight.

Oh, and been meaning to mention this but :wub: Kaylee Hartung

Offense is now hitting it's stride. Lyles, WCS, KAT, Booker, Johnson and Lee seem to have figured it out. Even the Harrison twins who were awful most of the year seem to have found out what they are suppose to be doing. Now if we can get Ulis to take more offensive shots, this team is untouchable IMO. Defense is almost unbreakable at times. I know this team has a weakness but right now I can't see it. Anyone?

I think this team is positioned to take its place among the greatest teams in the history of the sport. It's the best college basketball team I seen in a very long time.

I think this team is positioned to take its place among the greatest teams in the history of the sport. It's the best college basketball team I seen in a very long time.
It's insane. Ridiculous collection of talent who have all bought in to playing together as a team. Never seen anything like this.

It's insane. Ridiculous collection of talent who have all bought in to playing together as a team. Never seen anything like this.
Actually the Anthony Davis team was the same way, but this team has more talent. I still think Cal is an average x-and-o coach at best, but the way he runs his program is phenomenal.

That's not a dig at Cal by the way. There are a lot of different facets to being a college basketball head coach, and he's aces at most of them.

I hope this team goes all the way - really a good group of guys. Not sure where they rank historically, but certainly one of the best teams in the 1-and-done era.

I can't ever remember seeing a team nearly this good. I know UNLV is up there but they didn't have this much depth with this many guys playing this well together. If they run the table, they're obviously in the discussion of one of the greats.

You can see that Arkansas is a very good team, but still down 17. Crazy
And then all of a sudden it's 30. Crazy.
At one point Arkansas had it at 15 and Bill Raftery was talking about how Arkansas was "sticking around" :oldunsure:
Every announcer tries to spin it differently every time Kentucky plays. "Hey this is team is not giving in" (down by 15 Arkansas), "This team is not scared of Kentucky" ( Down by18, Miss St) "This team is very athletic and is putting up a good fight against the Cats" (Down by 10 at half, LSU) Jeez it gets embarrassing sometimes. They are simply trying to explain why a good team is losing to a great team. Not a big mystery to me, yet it does get annoying sometimes.

Tricky game tonight - both teams healthier than the first meeting in Rupp. Lets see if Towns can play more than 5 minutes in the first half...

Local sports radio was talking about some recent articles suggesting that UK, and its use of the 1-and-done players, is ruining college basketball. Of course the irony is that this team is only as dominant as it is because of returning players from last year's runner-up team. The Harrisons, WCS, and even Dakari Johnson and Marcus Lee are a big reason why this team is undefeated so far. If anything, this team shows the value in keeping kids in school a couple of years, not the "dangers" of the 1-and-dones.

Users who are viewing this thread