What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Subscriber Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

Miscellaneous updates

I updated the 2014 querier to add a few new features. You can now specify elimination status by timeframe, as well as roster counts by position (so now you can answer questions like, "What was the survival rate in week 4 for teams that have Peyton Manning as their only QB?") For those who enjoy doing the query thing, take it for a spin and let me know if you find any problems:

http://o.ffense.com/fbg35k/currquerier/index.php

I know there was a request to make the querier have autocomplete on the player fields and that's still on my list of things to add when I have a chance.

I also moved the weekly player stats to its own page:

http://o.ffense.com/fbg35k/currquerier/players.php

and added a link to the Top 500 standings to the navbar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raback said:
I think 3 QBs is generally a waste. You end up paying like $10-15 dollars for possibly a 5 point bump a few weeks of the year. That said I did take Bortles as a 3rd QB this year because I loved his upside at that price. He is a solid insurance policy but I also think he will have a monster game or two this season as well.
The "value" of going 3 instead of 2 is really hard to quantify, IMO. If you are going to allocate X dollars to QB regardless of whether you have 2 or 3, then your make-up will be different. Flacco is my "3rd" in terms of price. He's added 1, 6, and 15 to me so far. If I only rostered 2, however, I would have different QBs than my "1" and "2".

I think the only way to correctly analyze it would be to track the 3 QBs you would have picked if you used 2 (or vice versa) and see what the impact would have been over the season.

984 entries started the contest with exactly 3 QBs and one of those is Bortles. 393 are left 39.9%

5334 entries started the contest with exactly 3 QBs 1988 are left 37.3%

4350 entries started the contest with exactly 3 QBs (but not Bortles) 1595 are left 36.7%

428 entries started with 4 or more QBs and one of those is Bortles. 162 are left 37.9%

1276 entries started with 4 or more QBs 399 left 31.3%

848 entries started with 4 or more QBs (but not Bortles) 237 are left 27.9%

151 entries started with exactly 2 QBs and one of those is Bortles. 57 are left 37.7%

7391 entries started with exactly 2 QBs 2559 are left 34.6%

7210 entries started with exactly 2 QBs (but not Bortles) 2502 are left 34.7%

Nobody was craze enough to roll with 1 QB and have it be Bortles.

Seems like Bortles has been a positive no matter the roster composition.

-QG

269 had exactly 1 QB. 55 are left.

P Manning 59/14

Brees 39/3

Cutler 27/7

Rodgers 23/7

Foles 19/5

Ryan 16/6

Wilson 16/2

Stafford 14/1

Brady 13/0

Luck 11/2

Romo 10/3

Rivers 8/3

Kaepernick 4/0

Roethlisberger 3/1

E Manning 2/0

Newton 2/0

Flacco 1/1

Palmer 1/0

Locker 1/0 :lmao:

-QG

The issue with qb3 is uncertainty..I toyed with the idea of flacco but too expensive and bortles or vick but too uncertain. I would have jumped on cousins but he wasnt an option.

Vereen and Ivory did nicely Thursday night, looks like I probably survive this week. Hoping to avoid the "Don't count your chickens ..." award next week.

The issue with qb3 is uncertainty..I toyed with the idea of flacco but too expensive and bortles or vick but too uncertain. I would have jumped on cousins but he wasnt an option.
For the record I went with Flacco and Bortles as QB 2 and QB 3. For $11 I certainly would do this again.

-QG

I think 3 QBs is generally a waste. You end up paying like $10-15 dollars for possibly a 5 point bump a few weeks of the year. That said I did take Bortles as a 3rd QB this year because I loved his upside at that price. He is a solid insurance policy but I also think he will have a monster game or two this season as well.
The "value" of going 3 instead of 2 is really hard to quantify, IMO. If you are going to allocate X dollars to QB regardless of whether you have 2 or 3, then your make-up will be different. Flacco is my "3rd" in terms of price. He's added 1, 6, and 15 to me so far. If I only rostered 2, however, I would have different QBs than my "1" and "2".

I think the only way to correctly analyze it would be to track the 3 QBs you would have picked if you used 2 (or vice versa) and see what the impact would have been over the season.
Trying to remember exactly what I would have done, but if memory serves, when I thought about going 1, 2, or 3 QBs, my last choices were:

1: Drew Brees $26, week 6 bye

2: Cam and Rivers, total of $25

3: Locker, Hoyer, Rivers, total of $26

Quite happy that I went with 2 QBs. I wouldn't have made it through last week had I gone with 1 QB, but I wouldn't have taken both Graham and Kelce. IIRC, had I not taken Graham, I was taking JThomas (and would have then made the cut) and if not Kelce, then I would have taken Dwayne Allen and missed the cut.

Looks like I would have been fine with 3 QBs, but there would have been no benefit to date. Then again, last week was the first time Rivers didn't count.

FWIW, the Rivers/Cam combo has a 34% survival rate, almost exactly what the average 2 QB combo has done. ETA: neither has had their bye week yet, so that's somewhat discomforting.

7391 entries started with exactly 2 QBs 2559 are left 34.6%

Last edited by a moderator:
Miscellaneous updates

I updated the 2014 querier to add a few new features. You can now specify elimination status by timeframe, as well as roster counts by position (so now you can answer questions like, "What was the survival rate in week 4 for teams that have Peyton Manning as their only QB?") For those who enjoy doing the query thing, take it for a spin and let me know if you find any problems:

http://o.ffense.com/fbg35k/currquerier/index.php

I know there was a request to make the querier have autocomplete on the player fields and that's still on my list of things to add when I have a chance.

I also moved the weekly player stats to its own page:

http://o.ffense.com/fbg35k/currquerier/players.php

and added a link to the Top 500 standings to the navbar.
A few more tweaks: I added "amount spent by position" to the querier, and the results page now has a summary of the survival rate for every week for the given results.

Well Harvin owners get hosed as he misses this week and gets another bye.

As one of the 8 remaining Baldwin/Kearse owners, I'm happy.

For all the bad luck I've had at RB this year, WR has been just the opposite. Sanu/Tate/Seattle duo/Sanders/SmithSr all have benefited from improved situations or injuries.

Yeah, this Harvin news really blows as someone who loaded up on week 4 bye players. Harvin is out this week and gets another bye in week 11, not to mention my other stud WR is AJ Green who likely is out this week too. Oh, and one of my stud RB is McCoy who is on bye.

:violin:

Harvin owner checking in. Tosses hole cards on the table.
As a Harvin owner in the tourney I love this. He only started once or twice for me and was giving me nothing. Sure he has a couple of extra bye weeks, but the Jets throw and run so many short routes he can't be worse then he was in Seattle

It's a good deal for Harvin - he gets 16 weeks worth of pay for only 13 weeks of work. But yeah - a unique screw of a situation where the guy isn't injured and still gets 3 bye weeks.

Love the improvements Iggy :)

-QG

Well, week 6 was my exit. Spending the $$ for AP finally did me in, 8pts total from my RBs and a low week from both my PK/DF left me 17 short of the cutline. At least there really wasn't any question. This year I went for a stud per position except WR, but that left me short on $$ to load up on some value plays. Never really rolled, flirted with the cut line a few times. Next time around I'll probably spend a bit less on studs (I still think you need a few to win it all) and add a few more players in the value range.

Good luck to everyone still alive! And thanks to Iggy for the live scoring tool!

somehow I have cobbled together 136.9 points so far which is the good news.

The bad news is I only have (Wheaton - 8.4) + (Rivera - 6.7) and (Pitt/KC - 14.0) left

Gotta hope for a low cut line this week.

-QG

The bad news is I only have (Wheaton - 8.4) + (Rivera - 6.7) and (Pitt/KC - 14.0) left

-QG
Still under 88 with less than 5 games to go. Line moving 10 ppg would be generous. The high dollar guys haven't been big this week.

Cutler the highest owned QB about 3x. Bad week.

Fjax, Ingram, Lacy, Martin, McCoy, Peterson, Stewart. lacy's 16 paces the way.

Ertz, Kelce, Graham. Only Kelce left as a threat.

Should be a low cut this week.

Cutler the highest owned QB about 3x. Bad week.

Fjax, Ingram, Lacy, Martin, McCoy, Peterson, Stewart. lacy's 16 paces the way.

Ertz, Kelce, Graham. Only Kelce left as a threat.

Should be a low cut this week.
Sure hope so. I'm feeling the heat right now with rivers, kelce and Dez hopefully saving the team

-QG
Still under 88 with less than 5 games to go. Line moving 10 ppg would be generous. The high dollar guys haven't been big this week.
Cut moved 6 pts in the first half of the pm games to 94. Let's assuming that most of these guys are counting and that it moves 12 points in the second half. That puts us at 106. With a generous 15 pts tonite and 10 Monday, we're looking at 131 max.

Been breezlng along easily, but I knew this week would be rough without McCoy, Graham, and Calvin. Basically done with 138 and change. We'll see. It seems like a low cut line this week.

BassNBrew said:
BassNBrew said:
QuizGuy66 said:

-QG
Cut moved 6 pts in the first half of the pm games to 94. Let's assuming that most of these guys are counting and that it moves 12 points in the second half. That puts us at 106. With a generous 15 pts tonite and 10 Monday, we're looking at 131 max.
Man I hope you're right. 131.95 without much left.

I am at 100 with Peyton (my only qb)

and A. Brown (-5.2) to go.

Not looking good.

Ironically my TE's killed me. Cameron and Graham netted me a huge 2 points today.

127 w/ Ben-25.45, Miller-5.7, Sanders-4.9.

If it weren't for the talent left to play I would feel OK. I think the cut line is going to be around 130.

I am at 100 with Peyton (my only qb)

and A. Brown (-5.2) to go.

Not looking good.

Ironically my TE's killed me. Cameron and Graham netted me a huge 2 points today.
I'm guessing you'll be fine. Peyton can easily put up 30+ and Brown should add another 10 or more.

Users who are viewing this thread