What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Subscriber Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

187.45 and done (and sweating). Fact that I'm sweating the cut with my second-highest score of the year does not bode well for me going forward.
189.05 for me with Romo to go. This is my highest scoring week. Hoping I hang on for another week.

What's the projected cut line at this point? This one's going to be a nail-biter for me. I'm 3 points above the cut line with only Dez - 10.5 still to play.

Covariance finally catches up this week.... after cracking the top 500 two weeks ago, now sitting at 136 with only Demarco Murray at -7.6. Unfortunately, I can't see him scoring enough to offset both my deficit, and the cut line increase from all the other owners.

Thanks to FBG for the contest, Iggy for the scoring site, and Jdk for the stats.... good luck to the rest of you.

Covariance finally catches up this week.... after cracking the top 500 two weeks ago, now sitting at 136 with only Demarco Murray at -7.6. Unfortunately, I can't see him scoring enough to offset both my deficit, and the cut line increase from all the other owners.

Thanks to FBG for the contest, Iggy for the scoring site, and Jdk for the stats.... good luck to the rest of you.
I hear ya. My team was tied for 210th overall for the season, averaging 183 points per week. I'm at 154 now with Dez (-12.6) left to go. Can't even be mad because normally at this point in the season that would be enough, but it won't be this week. I've made it further in the contest before (even limped into the final 250 once) but this felt like the strongest team I'd ever put together. Oh well. :kicksrock:

I hear ya. My team was tied for 210th overall for the season, averaging 183 points per week. I'm at 154 now with Dez (-12.6) left to go. Can't even be mad because normally at this point in the season that would be enough, but it won't be this week. I've made it further in the contest before (even limped into the final 250 once) but this felt like the strongest team I'd ever put together. Oh well. :kicksrock:
I'm at 154 with Dez and Murray left - what is the projected cut line?

Hey guys,

Long time player first time poster.

Best year 2012 missed the 250 cut (285ish) would have come on 3rd in the money.

This year rolling along with Ball and Megatron my dead weight shackles... Makes me feel better that I switched AP to Ball at the last min lol epic fail either way.

Need some help tonight though. 170 with baily -1 and Murray -10.5
Hey guy, I'm rooting for you to miss the cut. Nothing personal.

Going to survive with Stewart and D Mart as my only RBs. Hoping to survived next week with just Stewart.

Rivers + Roeth have been :moneybag: .

Nailed my WRs (DT, G Tate, Benjamin...)

Spent too much at TE, but have ham and egged it really well (thanks Heath!).

Last edited by a moderator:

Just because I suck at this stuff, how do you find where you sit overall. I am averaging 178.02 per week not counting this week

Week 11 is going to be a bad week for me. my receivers that week are John Brown, Benjamin, Hunter and Nicks. I also had Harvin, but his bye moved.

Running back wise I will only have Ingram, Pierre Thomas if he is healthy, Stewart if he is healthy, and Ball if he is back. Denard and Murray will be out.

Lacy instead of Ball and Brown instead of Harvin looks sweet right now =(

Welcome to my roster Michael Vick!

How many surviving teams have Vick as a starter now?

As seems to be the case. I'm still surviving with crap at running back.

Ingram, Stewart and Martin are my only survivors left.

Just because I suck at this stuff, how do you find where you sit overall. I am averaging 178.02 per week not counting this week
I just have the top 500 posted here: http://o.ffense.com/fbg35k/overall.php

If you're outside the top 500 there's not (currently) a way to check your rank. I can add it to the team pages later.

It seems like a ton of people here have garbage at running back. Anyone hit big? Good depth?

I wanted two ascending $$$ running backs. I went with Montee Ball and Eddie Lacey. Hasn't worked out to well. Surrounded them with players I thought could emerge with playing time: Mark Ingram, Benny Cunningham, Matt Asiata, and Robert Turbin. Hasn't worked out so well.

It seems like a ton of people here have garbage at running back. Anyone hit big? Good depth?

I wanted two ascending $$$ running backs. I went with Montee Ball and Eddie Lacey. Hasn't worked out to well. Surrounded them with players I thought could emerge with playing time: Mark Ingram, Benny Cunningham, Matt Asiata, and Robert Turbin. Hasn't worked out so well.
Lynch was doing well for me but that's fading. Lacy, freeman, Hyde, and J stew have done just enough that I can't say they're garbage.

I have Murray, Ellington, Tate, Joique Bell and Greene.

Still kicking without megatron and aj green but I'll literally not have a quarterback going next week.

Iggy- that site is awesome. Love the similar teams section. Not sure if it's good that more than half of my similar teams are out.

My backs are:

Foster

Morris

Jackson

Ball

Moreno

Hoping Jackson and Ball can play in two weeks or I have none playing with my top two on bye.

Survived again, thanks in part to this TE trio:

TE Jimmy Graham NO $30 19.40

TE Mychal Rivera OAK $3 18.80

TE Zach Ertz PHI $13 12.30

All 3 counted towards my scoring this week. (Though Ertz is 2 points away from being benched by Dez)

And thanks to JStew for finally making it into the starting lineup (tells the story of how bad my RBs are in this contest).

I have Murray/Dunbar, Bush/Joique, Ingram, Shonnnnnn. Murray has been remarkable, but it's not fair to call him "hitting it big" since I think everyone recognized he should have a nice season. Ingram's been quite nice. The Bush/Bell 2-headed RB has been OK. Shonn has sucked but that seemed obvious coming in.

i have 6 RB. some nice misses.

but, right now, all 6 are healthy. cant really ask for much more considering the way 2014 has treated the RB position.

lynch - used 6 times

alf.morris - used 4 times

gerhart - used 1 time

blount - used 2 times

j.stewart - used 1 time

d.robinson - used 3 times

good luck to all.

-biz-

Took 7 running backs. Considered the injury issue with that. And lost Woodhead early. No problem.

Through week 8:

Eddie Lacy- used 4 times

Shane Vereen- used 5 times

Mark Ingram- used 3 times

Jonathan Stewart- used 2 times

Denard Robinson- used 3 times

Benny Cunningham- used 2 times

Still waiting for McCoy to start putting up big numbers to go with Forte. Cunningham and Andre Williams have been helpful, and even Woodhead counted once before he exited.

I've been wanting to complain about my RBs all season, but with problems others have had, I've no right.

Murray - better than expected, don't know if "hit big" though. Was priced as a stud.

Ryan Matthews - Useless so far

Ray Rice - Yeah... that's $38 between him and Matthews

Blount - About what I expected. Was hoping for more of a split with Bell (was down on Bell) but this has worked okay

Greene - meh. Could have spent $6 much more productively. Haven't used him yet.

Crowell - Still a believer. Useful so far, but need him to go big to have any real chance

Cunningham - Maybe the closest thing to a "hit" for me? But probably not.

I think RB has been more about surviving, with "hits" to be found at other positions. I've been slowly fading from 200ish down to 450ish, but surprisingly (to me at least) still in it

5 RBs (including this week)

Lacy - used 7 times

Gore - used 4 times

JStew - used 4 times (shows you how bad this group of RBs is)

Moreno - used 1 time

Rice - used 0 times

Gonna take a miracle to make it much deeper. Lacy has to keep it up and the 9ers need to recommit to the Gore running game. A boy can dream.

Bush - Used 4 times

Bell - Used 6 times

Rice - Used 2 times :topcat:

Ingram - Used 3 times

Stewart - Used 2 times

eta - FBG really missed the boat on the Det running game this year.

Team Holloway

RB Review - started with six, but only have four left

Arian Foster - used 5 times plus this week

Ray Rice - used NEVER

Knowshon Moreno - used one and done

Mark Ingram - used two times plus this week

Jonathan Stewart - used one time

Benny Cunningham - used four times

Hey guys,

Long time player first time poster.

Best year 2012 missed the 250 cut (285ish) would have come on 3rd in the money.

This year rolling along with Ball and Megatron my dead weight shackles... Makes me feel better that I switched AP to Ball at the last min lol epic fail either way.

Need some help tonight though. 170 with baily -1 and Murray -10.5
Hey guy, I'm rooting for you to miss the cut. Nothing personal.
Murray is paydirt and Bailey is like tequila... Gets the job done!

190 I live for the second time I've needed a big capper by Murray and Bailey.

And more importantly 12 kicker guy lives by 1 point ; )

First time over 200 ever in this thing

My RB have been horrible

McCoy 6 times

Peterson 1 time and no chance the rest of way

Hyde 4 times but in those 4 game 18,50 points

Ingram 4 times

Stewart 3 times

Everything matched up perfectly between my site and the FBG official results this week. Everything on my site's been updated through week 8.

Code:
Size	Count	Alive	Surv Rate18	5667	858	15.1%19	1920	378	19.7%20	1519	347	22.8%21	1169	298	25.5%22	1013	252	24.9%23	742	207	27.9%24	538	171	31.8%25	457	146	31.9%26	329	99	30.1%27	249	95	38.2%28	218	83	38.1%29	177	66	37.3%30	272	101	37.1%Tot	14270	3101	21.7%

Oh that hurts. Out by a point. Thanks for nothing Dez. Oh well, at least I hung on to win my game.
Samesies. I was ranked 3093 going into overtime on MNF, just above the 3100 cutoff. After OT I dropped to 3116 :cry:

One more Dez reception would have kept me alive. Oh well. One less fantasy football league to worry about I suppose.

259.5 got me into top 500 (211) for first time this year. Man if I only selected pretty much any other stud than Peterson.

I am hoping for a tiny cut line next week. My pattern has been: 159, 182, 152, 200, 135, 280. Alternating big and small, with the big weeks getting bigger and the small weeks getting smaller. If I'm tracking it right I'm due for about 110 this week.

Users who are viewing this thread