What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*2015-16 EPL Fantasy - Season Over - Rule Changes for next season (2 Viewers)

I did not change the date of waivers - they are still set to run tomorrow at 6:00 ET

There may be some unintended consequences of the other rule changes though...I changed the settings on dropped players to 24 hours on waivers - but that also includes newly added players. So, there is a chance some players maybe FAs before waivers run tomorrow.

If that happens, I will manually put them back on waivers - hopefully to run as scheduled with the remaining players. I am hopeful that the newly added players will remain on waivers until all claims are processed.
bump

No problem. I wasn't planning to burn my #2 waivers priority yet.
trying to remember if anyone worthwhile was picked last year - seems like there was one player, but I am drawing a blank
Kane wasnt a sexy pick last year? Wasn't in the league last year but damn.
I picked him up as a free agent on spec after one of his League Cup performances. It was still a few weeks before he got regular playing time.

trying to remember if anyone worthwhile was picked last year - seems like there was one player, but I am drawing a blank
I picked him up as a free agent on spec after one of his League Cup performances. It was still a few weeks before he got regular playing time.
Cheeky bugger.

Cheeky bugger.
of course I also drafted Soldado in the 3rd :bag:

Cheeky bugger.
of course I also drafted Soldado in the 3rd :bag:
Answering the question: Can you lose the league in the third round?

Salomon Rondon people!!!
Don't you just know he was weeping at that decision after watching WBA's performance on Monday?
Just wait until him and Serge Gnabry get in form!
I thought we said this was not a keeper league this year...
Wenger didn't loan him out to sit on the bench.
But he did go to West Brom, so we'll need to count shots on target as goals to make him relevant

I guess I forgot to pay as I can't make roster moves. Sorry guys I've been obsessed with the official EPL game, and forgot about this league, embarrassingly. Please send me a private message in the future, as I'm quite forgetful.

I'll search through the last few pages, and pay out this morning, my apologies.

Money sent. Sorry for the delay.

Now unlock my crappy roster so I can add some waiver fodder to this squad of losers.

8 . 08 8ebok24 Kevin De Bruyne MID TBD

15 . 11 Christo Edinson Cavani FWD TBD

3 . 12 Eephus Charlie Austin FWD TBD

17 . 12 Eephus Charles Aranguiz MID TBD

5 . 08 Gator Pedro FWD TBD

12 . 13 Native Robert Lewandowski FWD TBD

13 . 10 Poke_4_Life Marco Reus MID TBD

8 . 11 Shader Zlatan Ibrahimovic FWD TBD

17 . 04 Shader Cristiano Ronaldo FWD TBD

15 . 01 Sinn Fein Bakary Sako MID TBD

11 . 01 Sinn Fein Karim Benzema FWD TBD

10 . 14 Sinn Fein Nicholas Otamendi DEF TBD

13 . 13 TLEF Gareth Bale FWD TBD
Sako signed with Palace today. I'll add him to my roster when fantrax updates their database
updated
updated

8 . 08 8ebok24 Kevin De Bruyne MID TBD

15 . 11 Christo Edinson Cavani FWD TBD

3 . 12 Eephus Charlie Austin FWD TBD

17 . 12 Eephus Charles Aranguiz MID TBD

5 . 08 Gator Pedro FWD TBD

12 . 13 Native Robert Lewandowski FWD TBD

13 . 10 Poke_4_Life Marco Reus MID TBD

8 . 11 Shader Zlatan Ibrahimovic FWD TBD

17 . 04 Shader Cristiano Ronaldo FWD TBD

15 . 01 Sinn Fein Bakary Sako MID TBD

11 . 01 Sinn Fein Karim Benzema FWD TBD

10 . 14 Sinn Fein Nicholas Otamendi DEF TBD

13 . 13 TLEF Gareth Bale FWD TBD

I don't know how David Silva got the assist on the Fernandinho goal yesterday, BUT I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!

C'mon Brendan Rodgers, start Firmino!!!!!! NO YELLOW CARD!!!

Christo said:
Since when did we allow FA pickups after the games started?
ask the new sheriff

ETA: it's the logical solution to the Friday game issue
Given that was the only Friday game this year it shouldn't be an issue.
FAs are available up until their game. #30minutes

There is a glitch in the system - the system will automatically place players on waivers 5 minutes prior to their game starting. Those players will stay on waivers until Thursday night/afternoon at 6:00 ET. The glitch comes from players who are dropped (and/or added players) - they stay on waivers for 24 hours from the time they are dropped. If they are already on waivers when their game starts, they are not placed on bulk waivers - and thus can become FAs prior to Thursday.

The potential solutions are to skip waivers for dropped/added players, keep all dropped/added players on waivers until Thursday, or manually go in set the players on waivers. This week there were 7 such players.

I don't think we want to skip waivers altogether for dropped/added players. But, I am open to either of the other 2 solutions. Making the changes manually is not hard, but it would require reversing a transaction if anyone picks up an improper FA inadvertently.

See the Rule issue from above - I think to be fair to everyone, we need to readjust the time dropped players are on waivers. The issue is not dropped players, but the process includes "added" players - so when we set them to 24 hours - it leads to some players added during the week, and thus clearing waivers before we run our waivers on Thursday. I do try to check, but I don't know when certain players actually hit FA, so it leads to occasions where a player can be picked up early.

Absent any (strenuous) objections, i will change the FA rule to process all drops/added players the following Thursday.

What this means is dropped players cannot be picked up in the current week. Other FAs can be picked up until their game starts.

See the Rule issue from above - I think to be fair to everyone, we need to readjust the time dropped players are on waivers. The issue is not dropped players, but the process includes "added" players - so when we set them to 24 hours - it leads to some players added during the week, and thus clearing waivers before we run our waivers on Thursday. I do try to check, but I don't know when certain players actually hit FA, so it leads to occasions where a player can be picked up early.

Absent any (strenuous) objections, i will change the FA rule to process all drops/added players the following Thursday.

What this means is dropped players cannot be picked up in the current week. Other FAs can be picked up until their gamestarts.
Read it like three times and I can't fully grasp what is happening.

Maybe if explained with examples and add days and times.

I thought WW will post at 6pm on Wednesday and then after that they become FAs.

I saw Baba get claimed, but now he's on the WW again.

Not your fault, you have been great, it's just hard to learn all the details of everything.

Rule: Players who are added to database by system or dropped by teams, are placed on waivers for 24 hours.

Effect: Baba was added to the database once Chelsea signed him - 24 hours later, he was a FA. In this case, prior to our bulk waivers processing tomorrow.

So, anyone who sees that, or puts in an early claim, has an advantage.

Solution: Change waiver processing time for all players who are dropped or added to Thursday at 6:00 ET

Rule: Players who are added to database by system or dropped by teams, are placed on waivers for 24 hours.

Effect: Baba was added to the database once Chelsea signed him - 24 hours later, he was a FA. In this case, prior to our bulk waivers processing tomorrow.

Solution: Change waiver processing time for all players who are dropped or added to Thursday at 6:00 ET
This was how it was handled in previous years. I don't think it's that big a deal to have dropped players be ineligible for a game week.

Yep

Users who are viewing this thread