What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Song Draft - Post Round 19/20 Picks any time today. (1 Viewer)

Since we're talking about the mid-year draft, I'm kind of amazed that my first round pick there (a song by Lucy Dacus) has now been listed as the #2 song of the year by both NPR and Paste on their year end lists. It still feels under the radar to me.

aussie aussie aussie oy boy etc. so many good things coming out of there and nz the last couple years... will probably have some more coming up. one of my faves... also not all-caps.

5- bible camp- west thebarton

Rd Five - PRhyme - Sunflower Seeds (feat. Novel & Summer of '96)

I'll admit I picked up on this album from the "Best Albums of 2018" thread.  This song immediately hooked me, which lead me to research the artist a bit more and discover he had released his own album.  That lead me to my Rd One selection in this draft.  Prior to "Caterpillar", this was my fave rap/hip-hop song of 2018.

Laid back.

J

Last edited by a moderator:
Rd Five - PRhyme - Sunflower Seeds (feat. Novel & Summer of '96)

I'll admit I picked up on this album from the "Best Albums of 2018" thread.  This song immediately hooked me, which lead me to research the artist a bit more and discover he had released his own album.  That lead me to my Rd One selection in this draft.  Prior to "Caterpillar", this was my fave rap/hip-hop song of 2018.

Laid back.

J
Cool.  I'm pretty sure I pimped the PRhyme record in that thread :thumbup:

Since we're talking about the mid-year draft, I'm kind of amazed that my first round pick there (a song by Lucy Dacus) has now been listed as the #2 song of the year by both NPR and Paste on their year end lists. It still feels under the radar to me.
It was what I thought about taking with my last pick. 

Just about that time for two from me

Gonna play that one word song title game

To keep it fresh, the genre ain’t the same

So you’re lucky they both won’t be country

Round 4 - Cardi B - Money (Spotify link)

I like this one better than “I Like It” and it seems like she’s going to make a lot of it in the coming years.

Round 5 - Kacey Musgraves - Butterflies (Spotify link)

A repeat album from my mid-year selections, but a different song.  Honestly, I could take about a dozen songs off this great album.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rd 6 - Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - Talking Straight

I believe @Northern Voice picked Air-Conditioned Man during the mid-year draft. That got in my head enough that I searched out the album and it’s solid with Talking Straight being another highlight. Reminiscent of the kind of melodic, jangly, 60s-referencing college rock of the 80s and early 90s. Also the lead singer on this one sound like early Jagger.

El Floppo said:
just typed out my NV style love/hate song , and backed out. mabye another pick..

a good rollicking tune that isn't too angry/hard and isn't too poppy. just right bear.

6- this dance- drenge

Users who are viewing this thread