What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 FBG Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

You play....to win....the game! 

/Herm

I'm supposed to take James Robinson as my RB3.  He's projected to score more points than my current RB3 and it would stabilize my flex pool bye week balancing.  But I can't make myself do it.  Oh woe is me!

I resorted to googling why I shouldn't draft him.  Apparently his SOS was favorable last year and not so much this year.  And there's a presumption that his receptions and TDs will go down in light of passing game improvements.  

And yet his projections remain where they are.  

I don't care anymore.  I'm not taking him....you can't make me foosball gods!  Vicky Balencourt is not the devil!

Ha Ha Ha!

foozeball is de debbil! 

I asked my buddy Mike if I should do the right thing and draft Robinson.  He said:

"I'd rather play with 10 people and just get penalized all the way until we have to do something else rather than play with 11 when I know that right now that person is not sold out to be a part of this team," Singletary said. "It is more about them than it is about the team. Cannot play with them, cannot win with them, cannot coach with them. Can't do it. I want winners. I want people that want to win."

Mike's a harsh dude but his heart is in the right place.

I asked my buddy Mike if I should do the right thing and draft Robinson.  He said:

"I'd rather play with 10 people and just get penalized all the way until we have to do something else rather than play with 11 when I know that right now that person is not sold out to be a part of this team," Singletary said. "It is more about them than it is about the team. Cannot play with them, cannot win with them, cannot coach with them. Can't do it. I want winners. I want people that want to win."

He was a terrible coach, but damn did he give some glorious quotes. This one was arguably his best. 

Been done with it for awhile.

Matt Ryan

Justin Fields

Zach Wilson

Gus Edwards

Sony Michel

James Robinson

Joe Nixon

Rhamondre Stevenson

Antonio Gibson

Gabriel Davis

Corey Davis

Marquez Callaway

Robert Woods

Odell Beckham

Jakobi Meyers

Laviska Shenault

T.J. Hockenson

Tyler Higbee

Jonnu Smith

Jason Meyers

Matt Gay

Josh Lambo

New York Jets

Cleveland Browns

Philadelphia Eagles

Done way more rooster adjustments than I anticipated - as usual it has gone into crazy quilt directions concluding with unexpected players.

Trying very hard to tamp down my overspending on QBs.  A bad habit I haven't been able to quit.

Worried as usual that I've not given enough credence to the TE position.

Will be holding my breath in week 6 and 7 though I worked to shore that up with a hopeful dart.

-QG

The big gamble is week 7 where 2 of my projected weekly starters at the same position are out.  But with 6 teams on bye that is probably the best week to gamble.

-QG

Thought I was done but had a nagging feeling I was way short on QB money ($22). Sacrificed and tweaked here and there and came up with some more $ to upgrade the position.

Now. NOW! I'm done

Anyone else feel fairly comfortable with 90% of the roster but having a real hard time with your RB1? 

Anyone else feel fairly comfortable with 90% of the roster but having a real hard time with your RB1? 
:hey:  Been looking to swap mine out for one of the bargain guys with the same bye week, but I can't find a way to use the salary difference in a way that makes me happy with my team. It's a double digit difference, so I feel like I should be really able to do something great with it, but no matter what I try, I get a "blah" feeling. Seems more like changing just to change rather than to improve.

:hey:  Been looking to swap mine out for one of the bargain guys with the same bye week, but I can't find a way to use the salary difference in a way that makes me happy with my team. It's a double digit difference, so I feel like I should be really able to do something great with it, but no matter what I try, I get a "blah" feeling. Seems more like changing just to change rather than to improve.
My biggest problem was that my last selection shares a bye week with my top QB and WR.  that seems like a mistake. 

Maybe I'll draft Murray instead....oh wait!

Don’t worry folks. If the season starts & your team isn’t doing great, you can always use the waiver wire to swap out under-performers for upgrades with FA pickups.

Sheesh, it’s like some y’all didn’t even read the rules. 
:whistle:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t worry folks. If the season starts & your team isn’t doing great, you can always use the waiver wire to swap out underperforms for upgrades worn FA pickups.

Sheesh, it’s like some y’all didn’t even read the rules. 
Dang. I didn’t spring for the Super Premium Contest Subscription with Undercoat, so I guess I’m stuck with what I have. 

Dang. I didn’t spring for the Super Premium Contest Subscription with Undercoat, so I guess I’m stuck with what I have. 
Dude! So you’re missing out on the week 8 total roster swap? 

Can’t believe everyone wouldn’t take advantage of that. 

Dude! So you’re missing out on the week 8 total roster swap? 

Can’t believe everyone wouldn’t take advantage of that. 
I almost ponied up for it but I didn’t really study IDP players this year so im not really prepared for the Full 11 Player Defensive MegaMode option that you get with the Super Platinum Plan. Maybe next year. Good luck choosing a good LB corpe at those prices!

I almost ponied up for it but I didn’t really study IDP players this year so im not really prepared for the Full 11 Player Defensive MegaMode option that you get with the Super Platinum Plan. Maybe next year. Good luck choosing a good LB corpe at those prices!
Yeah,  but on offense super premium subscribers get $300 on offense where you only get $250, so It’s kind of a trade-off. :shrug:  

Doubtful as last year he did it like 2 weeks before lock, we are now lock day so It is what it is, good luck to everyone with last minute roster churns! 
Yeah, Sorry this slipped by me this year. Not any value now as it closes tomorrow and the whole point was to get people to share lineups and discuss. Just one more thing I screwed up this year. Sigh. Sorry Folks. 

If someone that's commented in this thread places in top 5, we'll give them a special designation in their profile and call out in the email update or something. 

Yeah, Sorry this slipped by me this year. Not any value now as it closes tomorrow and the whole point was to get people to share lineups and discuss. Just one more thing I screwed up this year. Sigh. Sorry Folks. 

If someone that's commented in this thread places in top 5, we'll give them a special designation in their profile and call out in the email update or something. 

In some ways 2021 has been even crazier/ hectic than 2020... I regularly forget what day it is.  :shrug:

I may have looked too much at the math and spreading out the bye hits instead of using my gut:

QB (3) - $38

RB (6) - $76

WR (6) - $61

TE (3) - $55

K (3) - $8

D (3) - $12

Money on bye per week:

W6 - $16

W7 - $57 :eek:

W8 - $34

W9 - $22

W10 - $27

W11 - $19

W12 - $30

W13 - $17

W14 - $28

Made final tweaks today by dropping a RB, adding a WR and switching one TE.  I have no more than one BYE at a position every week.  Here's the breakdown with rosters locking today.

QB - 3 @ $38

RB - 6 @ $101

WR - 7 @ $67

TE - 3 @ $31

K - 2 @ $7

DEF - 2 @ 9

---------------------------------

Week 6 - $18 on BYE

Week 7 - $77 on BYE

Week 8 - $18 on BYE

Week 9 - $30 on BYE

Week 10 - $10 on BYE

Week 11 - $9 on BYE

Week 12 - $27 on BYE

Week 13 - $44 on BYE

Week 14 - $17 on BYE

Best of luck to everyone this season!

I think posting it may reduce fiddling. LOL doubt it but let's see. Likeliest change is cutting a $2 D to upgrade two kickers I think. Or I'll downgrade QB and TE for another big RB again and throw the whole thing off. 

Shoulda posted iterations earlier. Never really understand why the 30 of us who post here think of the like 10k entries we could lose our edge by posting and discussing :LMAO:

QB - Josh Allen - BUF/7 - $26
QB - Matthew Stafford - LAR/11 - $14
QB - Trey Lance - SF/6 - $7

Position has seen the most iterations and then I said #### it I've never had an expensive QB let's try that this year.

RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire - KC/12 - $24
RB - James Robinson - JAX/7 - $16
RB - Trey Sermon - SF/6 - $15
RB - Raheem Mostert - SF/6 - $14
RB - Sony Michel - LAR/11 - $5
RB - Rhamondre Stevenson - NE/14 - $3

SFO RBs win. Clyde is a beast. JRob likely on every roster. 2 cheap guys I like.

WR - Terry McLaurin - WAS/9 - $23
WR - Cooper Kupp - LAR/11 - $20
WR - Jerry Jeudy - DEN/11 - $16
WR - Corey Davis - NYJ/6 - $10
WR - Bryan Edwards - LV/8 - $4
WR - Marquez Valdes-Scantling - GB/13 - $3

Some high upside cheap, two faves, and two target hogs I'm projecting.

TE - Mark Andrews - BAL/8 - $16
TE - Logan Thomas - WAS/9 - $15

Two guys who are good at catching footballs and never block.

PK - Daniel Carlson - LV/8 - $3
PK - Brandon McManus - DEN/11 - $3
PK - Dustin Hopkins - WAS/9 - $3

Three guys who all kick still? Carlson on COVID list for now...

TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/13 - $3
TD - Denver Broncos - DEN/11 - $3
TD - Green Bay Packers - GB/13 - $2
TD - Dallas Cowboys - DAL/7 - $2

Four defenses. Yay.

Total value: 250

My biggest problem was that my last selection shares a bye week with my top QB and WR.  that seems like a mistake. 
I had the same issue but it was with Brady and Gibson, my top QB and RB.  That's too big of a risk IMO, Gibson won overall and I changed from Brady/Darnold/Bridgewater to Rodgers/Z Wilson/Bridgewater.  I love Brady this year, but I think Rodgers will be good this year just to stick it to the Packers when he's out the door at EOY.

I think posting it may reduce fiddling. LOL doubt it but let's see. Likeliest change is cutting a $2 D to upgrade two kickers I think. Or I'll downgrade QB and TE for another big RB again and throw the whole thing off. 

Shoulda posted iterations earlier. Never really understand why the 30 of us who post here think of the like 10k entries we could lose our edge by posting and discussing :LMAO:

QB - Josh Allen - BUF/7 - $26

Position has seen the most iterations and then I said #### it I've never had an expensive QB let's try that this year.

SFO RBs win. Clyde is a beast. JRob likely on every roster. 2 cheap guys I like.

WR - Terry McLaurin - WAS/9 - $23
WR - Cooper Kupp - LAR/11 - $20
WR - Jerry Jeudy - DEN/11 - $16
WR - Corey Davis - NYJ/6 - $10
WR - Marquez Valdes-Scantling - GB/13 - $3

Some high upside cheap, two faves, and two target hogs I'm projecting.

TE - Mark Andrews - BAL/8 - $16
TE - Logan Thomas - WAS/9 - $15

Two guys who are good at catching footballs and never block.

PK - Brandon McManus - DEN/11 - $3
PK - Dustin Hopkins - WAS/9 - $3

Three guys who all kick still? Carlson on COVID list for now...

Four defenses. Yay.

Total value: 250
I like your 1st 4 options at WR.  Michel and Stevenson are going to heavily owned.  TEs are solid.

IMO, Stafford is a total waste if you go with Allen.  Not a fan of spending $29 on the SF running game.  I would pick a side on the SF running game, drop down to a cheaper option at QB2, and spend $20 on more WRs/pick up a 3rd option at TE.  

Best of luck! 

upgraded a TE and got rid of a back end WR to do so.  Didn't know what to do with the leftover dollar so splurged to upgrade a defense.  Rooster back at 28 now

-QG

Joe's genius way to get lurkers (like me) to finally post in this thread.

My final team iteration will likely be this:

QB (2) $31

RB (6) $91

WR (8) $79

TE (4) $35

K (3) $8

D (3) $6

26 players, which is a slightly higher number than previous years' entries.

Think this will be my final roster (19 players/$250). 

QBs 2 @ $26                                       Bye
Russell Wilson      SEA   QB    $17     9
Mac Jones              NE    QB    $9      14

Had 3 cheap options for most of the iterations, but wanted a higher upside / more reliable options so switched this around to Wilson.  Would prefer 3 QBs, especially with Covid going on, but will have to rely on them staying healthy. 

RB 5 @ $81                                          Bye
Derrick Henry           TN    RB    $32    13
Mike Davis                ATL  RB    $19    6
James Robinson     JAX  RB    $16    7
Gus Edwards            BAL  RB    $11    8
Rhamondre Stevens NE   RB    $3    14

Lots of RBs discussed in the Shark Pool.  Hoping for some solid production paired with Henry's upside.

WR 5 @ $72                                           Bye
Allen Robinson        CHI   WR    $23    10
Cooper Kupp            LAR  WR    $20    11
DJ Chark                   JAX  WR    $13     7
Antonio Brown         TB    WR    $10     9
Jakobi Meyers          NE   WR      $6     14

Like my wide receivers but a few bad breaks health wise and I will be in trouble.  

TE 2 @ $57                                           Bye
Travis Kelce               KC   TE    $30    12
Darren Waller             LV   TE    $27      8

Wanted the big 2, made a few sacrifices elsewhere to be able to afford.   With the TE premium, hoping to get a flex from the TEs many weeks

K 3 @ $8                                                 Bye
Brandon McManus     DEN    K    $3    11
Dustin Hopkins           WAS    K    $3     9
Evan McPherson        CIN      K    $2    10

DST 2 @ $6                                     Bye
Chicago Bears             DST    $3    10
Cleveland Browns       DST    $3    13

Bye Weeks
Week 6 $19    
Week 7 $29    
Week 8 $38    
Week 9 $30    
Week 10 $28    
Week 11 $23    
Week 12 $30    
Week 13 $35    
Week 14 $18

First time purchasing a subscription here...Sorry Joe..

Giving this a try. Went with a total of 22.

3 QB, 5 RB, 6 WR, 2 TE, 3 K & 3 D/ST.

Really wanted  a 3rd TE, but lets be honest unless you score grabbing one of the little guys the majority aren't going to make or break you I don't think. If one of your guys goes down it's probably over anyway.

First time purchasing a subscription here...Sorry Joe..

Giving this a try. Went with a total of 22.

3 QB, 5 RB, 6 WR, 2 TE, 3 K & 3 D/ST.

Really wanted  a 3rd TE, but lets be honest unless you score grabbing one of the little guys the majority aren't going to make or break you I don't think. If one of your guys goes down it's probably over anyway.
welcome aboard

:boxing: :boxing:

-QG

Flame away. 

QB - Tom Brady - TB/9 - $17
QB - Jimmy Garoppolo - SF/6 - $4

RB - Gus Edwards - BAL/8 - $11

WR - DK Metcalf - SEA/9 - $28
WR - Robert Woods - LAR/11 - $22
WR - Antonio Brown - TB/9 - $10
WR - Michael Pittman - IND/14 - $9
WR - Marquez Callaway - NO/6 - $5

TE - Travis Kelce - KC/12 - $30
TE - Jonnu Smith - NE/14 - $9
TE - Gerald Everett - SEA/9 - $7

PK - Greg Zuerlein - DAL/7 - $4
PK - Evan McPherson - CIN/10 - $2

TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/13 - $2

:shrug:

Never made it past Week 13 before ...  but always fun to try! 

3 QBs = $31 investment (12.4%)

QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick - WAS/9 - $9
QB - Sam Darnold - CAR/13 - $8

5 RB's = $84 (33.6%) 

RB - Joe Mixon - CIN/10 - $27
RB - Najee Harris - PIT/7 - $25
RB - Damien Harris - NE/14 - $16

6 WR = $83 (33.2%) 

WR - CeeDee Lamb - DAL/7 - $23
WR - Courtland Sutton - DEN/11 - $15
WR - Mecole Hardman - KC/12 - $10

3 TE = $36 (14.4%)

TE - T.J. Hockenson - DET/9 - $19
TE - Mike Gesicki - MIA/14 - $12
TE - Tyler Conklin - MIN/7 - $5

2 PK = $7 (2.8%)

3 DEF = $9 (3.6%)

TD - Chicago Bears - CHI/10 - $3

Biggest concern is Week 11 Bye (Stafford, Sony, Woods [yeah 3 LAR players], Sutton & Denver Def)

$59 Investment on Week 11 Bye (23.6%) 

ETA:  Made a QB change from Goff to Darnold (Bye issue)

Flame away. 

QB - Tom Brady - TB/9 - $17
QB - Jimmy Garoppolo - SF/6 - $4

WR - DK Metcalf - SEA/9 - $28
WR - Antonio Brown - TB/9 - $10
WR - Marquez Callaway - NO/6 - $5

TE - Travis Kelce - KC/12 - $30
TE - Jonnu Smith - NE/14 - $9
TE - Gerald Everett - SEA/9 - $7

PK - Evan McPherson - CIN/10 - $2

TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/13 - $2

:shrug:
Overall fine lineup.  My main thought for improvement is regarding the SF RBs.  For me, I would rather pick a side between Sermon and Mostert, or more likely take the $29 and get an elite RB instead. 

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread