What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 FBG Subscriber Contest is ON - Update - 1st place is $10k + $5k to food bank of their choice (1 Viewer)

Dacomish said:
Those are rookies numbers, you gotta pump that up to the low 90's....lol!
I'm holding you to that. Gonna start now,aiming for 93 tweaks and fingers crossed after EACH tweak. Do you recommend a red blend when tweaking? 🍷

I'm holding you to that. Gonna start now,aiming for 93 tweaks and fingers crossed after EACH tweak. Do you recommend a red blend when tweaking? 🍷
Definitely drink and Tweak, your roster gets SOOOO much sexier the more you drink........Drew Brees for $3...he may come back....why not!  

In the past I've always tweaked my initial rooster probably over 300 times before submitting. The real challenge and time-consuming tweaking for me comes between week 1 and week 2. With only 1 weeks worth of NFL games player usage and roles are more apparent and the real bargains stand out.

The key to surviving this contest is to pace your tweaking. Don't burn yourself out.

Slow and steady wins the race.

@Contest Turk Do you have any insight on this year's contest, or does @Joe Bryant still have you sequestered in the basement with a stockpile of hot pockets, fridge full of Mt Dew and the full series of the Golden Girls to keep you busy until the contest rolls out?

Blink twice if you are ok......

The contest is the only reason i've paid for years now.
Same.  I only play in a fairly non-competitive redraft league, so yeah, I don't really need a ton of in-depth research.  I actually consider this contest (and the post season one) as my other 2 leagues, and the $47 is my entry fee.  I missed it last year, and it sucked. 

Wondering - if you are the type that selects 3 kickers and/or 3 defenses, would a bye week conflict be a deal breaker?  I am only talking about the conflict between 2 at the same position (i.e. McPherson and Tucker both off week 10, or DET and LV D's both off week 6).

Nah, the price increase just isn't worth it anymore.

The contest is the only reason i've paid for years now.

Sorry to hear that. We were $39.95 last year and if people wanted the Mobile Draft Dominator and Mobile League Dominator (and they should) it was an additional purchase of $15.99 making the total effective cost last year $55.94. All subscriptions in the past ended in February after the Super Bowl. Most people buy in July or August so it was $55.94 for 8 months of access.

This year, it's just $47.88 for 12 months on the PRO plan (that includes the contest) and the Mobile Draft Dominator and Mobile League Dominator apps are included. 

Hope you'll join us again.  You can sign up here

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondering - if you are the type that selects 3 kickers and/or 3 defenses, would a bye week conflict be a deal breaker?  I am only talking about the conflict between 2 at the same position (i.e. McPherson and Tucker both off week 10, or DET and LV D's both off week 6).
Yes. I’m a 3/3 guy and it would be a total deal breaker for me. 

Sorry to hear that. We went from $39.95 last year and people had to purchase the Mobile Draft Dominator and Mobile League Dominator additionally for $15.99 making the total effective cost last year $55.94. All subscriptions in the past ended in February after the Super Bowl. Most people buy in July or August so it was $55.94 for 8 months of access.

This year, it's just $47.88 for 12 months on the PRO plan (that includes the contest) and the Mobile Draft Dominator and Mobile League Dominator apps are included. 

Not to hijack this thread as there already is a thread on the FBG Plans, but . . .

People didn't HAVE to purchase the dominator last year. If they chose not to, the effective cost was still the $39.95. This year, they do HAVE to purchase it and the effective cost is now much more expensive for tools that they choose not to use last year and more than likely won't use again this year.

And the fact that they are getting a full year as opposed to 8 months is really muted by the fact that you give away so much of the pre-season content as free.

Not to hijack this thread as there already is a thread on the FBG Plans, but . . .

People didn't HAVE to purchase the dominator last year. If they chose not to, the effective cost was still the $39.95. This year, they do HAVE to purchase it and the effective cost is now much more expensive for tools that they choose not to use last year and more than likely won't use again this year.

And the fact that they are getting a full year as opposed to 8 months is really muted by the fact that you give away so much of the pre-season content as free.

Of course. If people choose to throw away their use of the Mobile Draft Dominator and Mobile League Dominator it's $39.95 vs $47.88. For 50,000+ pages of content. In the end, it's totally up to the customer to determine if what we deliver is worth it. We think we deliver tons more value than the price we ask. Including expanding content in several areas as you recently noted with our Salary Cap content. But that's obviously for folks to decide. Hope folks will join us and help us keep providing content and also things like the Footballguys Subscriber Contest. Thanks. 

Yes. I’m a 3/3 guy and it would be a total deal breaker for me. 
One year I went with only 2 D's, but yes, I'm also a 3/3 guy, and no way would I allow bye week conflicts (unless they offered like McPherson and Tucker for the minimum).  I will soon be posting my thoughts on kickers.

Sorry to hear that. We were $39.95 last year and if people wanted the Mobile Draft Dominator and Mobile League Dominator (and they should) it was an additional purchase of $15.99 making the total effective cost last year $55.94. All subscriptions in the past ended in February after the Super Bowl. Most people buy in July or August so it was $55.94 for 8 months of access.

I read your other post taking my position as an insult.  

I am always blunt and unfiltered to a fault (you are fully aware).  Business decisions are not insults... the fact is I havent used DD, or the 5 second primer, or weekly lineup advice for anything other than a familiar convenient last second check to make sure I havent missed a player being out.  

For several years now I've been paying to support the community I have been a part of and enjoyed for the last ~20 years.... and for some reason I absolutely love the subscriber contest.  I appreciate that you have all these apps and various new features, I'm just not your audience.  I've been doing it long enough that I can go year to year with relatively less and less effort/research.  

I also understand the business decision to up the cost - it is probably a smart gamble for you monetarily as I am likely a minority of your membership.  In my world I up the price every year betting my products and service are more valuable to the customer than the option to go to a competitior.

Who knows... I am already feeling FOMO reading this pre-emptive contest thread.  Maybe I will give in last second for an entry. :shrug:  

I read your other post taking my position as an insult.  

I am always blunt and unfiltered to a fault (you are fully aware).  Business decisions are not insults... the fact is I havent used DD, or the 5 second primer, or weekly lineup advice for anything other than a familiar convenient last second check to make sure I havent missed a player being out.  

For several years now I've been paying to support the community I have been a part of and enjoyed for the last ~20 years.... and for some reason I absolutely love the subscriber contest.  I appreciate that you have all these apps and various new features, I'm just not your audience.  I've been doing it long enough that I can go year to year with relatively less and less effort/research.  

I also understand the business decision to up the cost - it is probably a smart gamble for you monetarily as I am likely a minority of your membership.  In my world I up the price every year betting my products and service are more valuable to the customer than the option to go to a competitior.

Who knows... I am already feeling FOMO reading this pre-emptive contest thread.  Maybe I will give in last second for an entry. :shrug:  

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I think the position that the only reason someone would subscribe was for the contest felt like we weren't getting enough credit for all the content we do in addition to the contest. Here's the content just from this past week. https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-in-case-you-missed-it

It's not an insult. I want people to subscribe and support the site. For whatever reason they like. And I hope you'll join us!

Current kicker breakdown, according to bye weeks:

6 - DET (Riley Patterson/Austin Seibert), HOU (Ka'imi Fairbairn), LV (Daniel Carlson), TEN (Randy Bullock/Caleb Shudak)
7 - BUF (Tyler Bass), LAR (Matt Gay/Cameron Dicker), MIN (Greg Joseph), PHI (Jake Elliott)
8 - KC (Harrison Butker), LAC (Dustin Hopkins/James McCourt)
9 - CLE (Cade York), DAL (Jonathan Garibay/Lirim Hajrullahu), DEN (Brandon McManus), NYG (Graham Gano), PIT (Chris Boswell/Nick Sciba), SF (Robbie Gould)
10 - BAL (Justin Tucker), CIN (Evan McPherson), NE (Nick Folk/Tristan Vizcaino/Quinn Nordin), NYJ (Greg Zuerlein/Eddy Pineiro)
11 - JAC (Ryan Santoso/Andrew Mevis), MIA (Jason Sanders), SEA (Jason Myers), TB (Ryan Succop/Jose Borregales)
13 - ARI (Matt Prater), CAR (Zane Gonzalez)
14 - ATL (Younghoe Koo), CHI (Cairo Santos), GB (Mason Crosby/Gabe Brkic), IND (Rodrigo Blankenship/Jake Verity), NO (Wil Lutz/John Parker Romo), WAS (Joey Slye)

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I think the position that the only reason someone would subscribe was for the contest felt like we weren't getting enough credit for all the content we do in addition to the contest. Here's the content just from this past week. https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-in-case-you-missed-it

It's not an insult. I want people to subscribe and support the site. For whatever reason they like. And I hope you'll join us!
I don't think anyone is overlooking or denigrating your content, but I feel much like Matuski. I'm down to one fantasy league that has a minimal fee, no prize money, and no trophy. Even "bragging rights" isn't a big motivator since I only know one league member IRL and the rest are literally spread out all over the country.  From any practical standpoint, it makes absolutely no sense for me to pay for advice, no matter how wonderful and extensive that content is.  I subscribe for only two reasons: the contests and to support the forums.

Can you gift a subscription if you win one in the FFPC contests? I have a lifetime membership but always win a few subs here as consolation prizes that I can't do anything with.

Can you gift a subscription if you win one in the FFPC contests? I have a lifetime membership but always win a few subs here as consolation prizes that I can't do anything with.

Yes. With the subscriptions you win in the FFPC, you can designate them to go to another person if you like. Just let them know at FFPC. 

I don't think anyone is overlooking or denigrating your content, but I feel much like Matuski. I'm down to one fantasy league that has a minimal fee, no prize money, and no trophy. Even "bragging rights" isn't a big motivator since I only know one league member IRL and the rest are literally spread out all over the country.  From any practical standpoint, it makes absolutely no sense for me to pay for advice, no matter how wonderful and extensive that content is.  I subscribe for only two reasons: the contests and to support the forums.

Thanks. That's awesome. 

I'm out too.  I only play DFS now (and will stop playing when I blow my ~$60 at DK, lol) so paying nearly $100 for the Hall of Fame plan in order to get the DFS content doesn't make sense for me.  Enjoy the contents and season everyone! 

I always take 3 (cheap) kickers and yep it would be a deal breaker for me.

We are right around 2 weeks out from the contest opening!  Just for giggles, last year there were 21 players/D's that were owned by 20% or more.  Let's see how they did:

QB
26.7 - Justin Fields - $7 - Didn't even get your monies worth here.  He finished QB30 for the contest, and missed 2 of the last 3 weeks.
21.1 - Tom Brady - $17 - QB1 all the way to the finals, then finished QB9 the last 3 weeks
20.7 - Matthew Stafford - $14 - A poor man's Brady, did great first 14 weeks, then finished QB14

RB
64.9 - Gus Edwards - $11 - People thought they hit the jackpot, but then he tilted
44.8 - James Robinson - $16 - Like Gus, he was a steal when ETN went down.  Sadly, he did very little when it mattered.
35.0 - Sony Michel - $5 - Overall RB6 during the final 3 weeks, outscored 60 higher priced RB's
26.3 - Rhamondre Stevenson - $3 - For only $3, you got 3 usable weeks during the season, and a monster game in the finals
22.6 - Najee Harris - $25 - RB4 thru 14 weeks, and RB8 for the last 3; he was well worth it

WR
47.5 - Marquez Callaway - $5 - Similar to Rhamondre; you got a few starts out of him, and a nice couple of games in the finals
27.5 - Antonio Brown - $10 - He eclipsed 20 points in 4 of 7 games played, one of which was in the finals
24.6 - Bryan Edwards - $4 - A few usable games, but a dud in the finals
24.4 - Marquez Valdes-Scantling - $3 - Three bucks for 3 games, but a 20-pointer in week 15
23.2 - Jakobi Meyers - $6 - 8 weeks in double digits; he was $6 well spent
21.7 - Michael Pittman - $9 - 88 catches on the season and nearly 1100 yards
20.8 - Laviska Shenault - $13 - No TD's, but he made up for it with no 100 yard games either
20.5 - Jerry Jeudy - $16 - Missed half the season, and got you bubkiss in the finals

TE
21.2 - Kyle Pitts - $17 - TE5 thru first 14, then TE7 in the finals; not bad for the 5th most expensive

K
20.5 - Younghoe Koo - $4 - A good kicker on a bad team equals a bad fantasy kicker

D
26.5 - DEN - $3 - Outscored by 10 D's that were same price or cheaper
24.2 - WAS - $5 - Outscored by 12 D's that were same price or cheaper
21.2 - CLE - $3 - Outscored by 6 D's that were same price or cheaper

This was my team last year.

QB - Justin Herbert 

QB - Joe Burrow 

RB - Antonio Gibson 

RB - Nick Chubb 

RB - James Robinson 

RB - Gus Edwards 

RB - Tony Pollard 

RB - Sony Michel 

RB - Rhamondre Stevenson 

WR - Cooper Kupp 

WR - Darnell Mooney 

WR - Corey Davis 

WR - Michael Pittman 

WR - Marquez Callaway 

WR - Nico Collins 

WR - Bryan Edwards 

TE - George Kittle 

TE - Mark Andrews 

TE - Gerald Everett 

PK - Daniel Carlson 

PK - Brandon McManus 

PK - Evan McPherson 

TD - Philadelphia Eagles 

TD - Cincinnati Bengals 

TD - Dallas Cowboys 
QB I try and stick to 2 QB’s and try and find 2 mid priced players that I think have a ton of upside. If I have the money and I think there is a bargain, I may add a very low priced 3rd QB but that is an after thought.

RB I always seem to have trouble finding RB value. I try and get 2-3 high priced bellcow RBs and then add 5 more mid-low price level with upside. I try and have 7 RB and 7 WR.

WR the opposite of RB, I always seem to find a lot of value WR. Because of this, I try and get 1 “stud” WR and then pick values for the rest. I try and have 7 WR (and RB) each year.

TE I make sure I have 2 top TE because of the scoring. I then look for 1-2 upside TE to go with those 2. I generally have only 3 TE unless I can find an excellent value, and have the funds.

K and Def I always pick 3 of each. No conflicting bye weeks. I research the K position so I can identify 3 kickers that are low cost but also pretty much “guaranteed” to keep the job all year. For my def, I try and spend as little as possible. Personally I believe def scoring is very random in this contest and spending a lot on a def does not guarantee higher scoring. When you have 3 def, in my experience, almost every week one is going to score well enough for you.

A lot will come down to injures, and of course there is a lot of luck involved. I was very fortunate last year that I didn’t have a ton of injuries.

My 2 cents.

Personally I believe def scoring is very random in this contest
Here is where I disagree.  I will recheck my math, but in last year's contest, sacks accounted for 42% of the D scoring.  There were 5 teams that gave up 50 or more sacks, and all 5 of them were in the top 8 for most points given up.  The next most common way for a D to score was INT's.  They counted for 30% of the D scoring.  The average team gave up 12.9 INT's during the contest.  Of the top 12 teams for your D to face, all 12 had 14 or more INT's.  Just find the teams that give up sacks and INT's, and have your 3 D's play as many as they can against them.

Here is where I disagree.  I will recheck my math, but in last year's contest, sacks accounted for 42% of the D scoring.  There were 5 teams that gave up 50 or more sacks, and all 5 of them were in the top 8 for most points given up.  The next most common way for a D to score was INT's.  They counted for 30% of the D scoring.  The average team gave up 12.9 INT's during the contest.  Of the top 12 teams for your D to face, all 12 had 14 or more INT's.  Just find the teams that give up sacks and INT's, and have your 3 D's play as many as they can against them.
Standing by for the results of your research ;)  

@Joe BryantI see you are quite active right now.  With only 2 weeks left to contest opening, do you plan on changing the basic setup of auction style best ball?

As if you actually don't already know, hahaha
Right? Hahaha

I’m hoping the format is the same. Felt like I was finally getting the hang of it. 

Probably just me being delusional, but that’s how it felt. 

Can’t wait to get this party started! 
:pickle:  

Standing by for the results of your research ;)  
Fun fact - In the last 5 years of this contest, the Raiders D has finished 32nd, 32nd, 29th, 32nd, and 32nd.  The only way I will roster them is if they are free, and that's only if I have a spot left.

Fun fact - In the last 5 years of this contest, the Raiders D has finished 32nd, 32nd, 29th, 32nd, and 32nd.  The only way I will roster them is if they are free, and that's only if I have a spot left.
As  a Raiders fan, I know to NOT EVER roster their D in a league or this contest.

good stat, though thanks. 

2019 - TB gives up 158 points to D's in the contest
2020 - TB gives up 71 points to D's in the contest
2021 - TB gives up 69 points to D's in the contest
Any idea what changed?

2019 - GB gives up 59 points to D's in the contest
2020 - GB gives up 58 points to D's in the contest
2021 - GB gives up 55 points to D's in the contest
Any idea what stayed the same?

Any idea what changed?

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers

Any idea what changed?

Clearly an anomaly. Kenny Pickett and his tiny hands or Mitch Trubisky behind a suspect OL are gonna crush those turnover totals. /s 

I'm sure this has been talked about a lot, but I was not a fan of last years cut line.  You have a contest that so many people love to play...so much so, that it's a big reason why people keep coming back.  50% of the people were out after week 1 and each week after that.  By the end of week 2, 3/4 of the contestants were out.  It left a bad taste in my mouth when I was knocked out after one week.  I'm hoping the cut line looks more like in the past which keeps more subscribers in the contest longer.  When people have fun, they are more likely keep coming back.  

I'm sure this has been talked about a lot, but I was not a fan of last years cut line.  You have a contest that so many people love to play...so much so, that it's a big reason why people keep coming back.  50% of the people were out after week 1 and each week after that.  By the end of week 2, 3/4 of the contestants were out.  It left a bad taste in my mouth when I was knocked out after one week.  I'm hoping the cut line looks more like in the past which keeps more subscribers in the contest longer.  When people have fun, they are more likely keep coming back.  
I agree with this.  I hung around until just before the playoffs, but I prefer the cut lines similar to previous years.

Users who are viewing this thread