What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Cleveland Browns - Open at Home v Dallas (5 Viewers)

Schwartz calling out his own defensive line to get SACKS! Zero in the past two games.
LINK
Not feel'n great about this game if the D-Line doesn't get the QB.
even if Lawrence plays, i can't imagine he's going to be able to move very well.

if they get home on him early, it's going to be a long day for the Jags.

i'm actually feeling pretty good about this game.

maybe it's just because it'll be the first game i've been to in a while.
Is there a scenario where TLaw plays, is very limited like you say, and they actually utilize ETN in the passing game? Also, can Jags wonks comment on which of the WRs would benefit from TLaw being limited to 3-step drops/first looks?
there are counters to the Browns over aggressive wide 9 defense, others could explain it much better than i can, but sure he could be very productive on screens and traps if the Jags decide to lean on him in that way.

as good as the Browns defense has been overall, they have been severely gashed by the run at times.

Cleveland homers...can somebody explain what's happened to the defense?

Is it just injuries? Too much pressure on them due to the limited offense? Overrated?
Missing hospital Ward and a gimpy Garrett have been contributing factors, but this defense plays differently at home v road.

And there were some who wanted DTR over Flacco. Flacco makes a few bonehead plays a game but he at least gives us a real offense.

All teams in division above .500 now. Has never happened. (have been divisions where all teams were .500 or better)
More amazing is that ALL FOUR TEAMS would make the playoffs if they started today.
LINK
And the Browns would play the Jaguars
THIS 'could' happen.
-----------------------------
Wildcard weekend
Browns beat Jags
Nati beats Phins
Steelers beat KC

Next week
Browns HOST Pittsburgh and wins
Baltimore HOST Nati and loses

AFC Championship game
Brown HOST Nati and wins

Browns beat whoever in Superbowl
CHAMPIONSHIP🏆

All teams in division above .500 now. Has never happened. (have been divisions where all teams were .500 or better)
More amazing is that ALL FOUR TEAMS would make the playoffs if they started today.
LINK
And the Browns would play the Jaguars
THIS 'could' happen.
-----------------------------
Wildcard weekend
Browns beat Jags
Nati beats Phins
Steelers beat KC

Next week
Browns HOST Pittsburgh and wins
Baltimore HOST Nati and loses

AFC Championship game
Brown HOST Nati and wins

Browns beat whoever in Superbowl
CHAMPIONSHIP🏆

Can’t say whoever that needs to be like the nfc south champions with a losing record

And there were some who wanted DTR over Flacco. Flacco makes a few bonehead plays a game but he at least gives us a real offense.
I love this team, but I don't love our chances for January wins with Joe Flacco. Hope I'm wrong.

I love this team, but I don't love our chances for January wins with Joe Flacco. Hope I'm wrong.
Dude, just enjoy the fact that the Browns are most likely going to play some playoff games.
I am. I love this team. It's just too bad we suffered so many critical injuries cause a deep run was on the table.

Dude, just enjoy the fact that the Browns are most likely going to play some playoff games.
a deep run was on the table.

If we get to the playoffs a deep run is still very possible.

5. Browns 8-5, 2 full games back of the Ravens, focus should be on the top Wildcard spot
6. Steelers 7-6, and falling fast
7. Colts 7-6, I'm not a believer

8. Texans 7-6, injuries are mounting, playoffs fading
9. Broncos 7-6, The schedule is favorable, 11-6 is not off the table
10. Bengals 7-6, gotta see if Browning is really just suffering a muscle cramp
11. Bills 7-6, great win yesterday for them but a rough schedule, they can't afford to lose a game with all these others at 7-6 and ahead of them.

Myles and TJ Watt have attacked refs for consistently being held on 'virtually' EVERY play. This has been egregious since the Denver game where the entire D-Line was held ALL-GAME leading to Myles straining and popping his shoulder. They have a legit beef, however, take a look at the state of QB injuries. Half the playoff field is out or injured. The league is all about the QB and took note.
IMHO, this is what is happening. The league gave marching orders to refs to 'allow' holding to keep the QBs from taking hits. Myles and TJ have legitimate beefs and it has become ridiculous, so I think this explains why this is happening in such a criminal manner.
Flacco
Last time a Browns QB threw 3 TDs over 30 yards in a game was 43 years ago in Brian Sipe's MVP season, 1980. He is incredible with play action. Stefanski is incredible scheming-up plays to create free-runners because Flacco hit guys who were WIDE OPEN. The marriage of Flacco AND Stefanski, Chef's kiss. 💋
We need two wins. TWO WINS.

the fact that flacco is using Njoku just opened a HUGE can of worms for defenses... and we're finally getting to see what njoku can do.

pls stay healthy and pls keep doing what you did yesterday. legit best case scenario for cooper.

I am. I love this team. It's just too bad we suffered so many critical injuries cause a deep run was on the table.
I think you need to flip that and say " It's amazing that we've done so much and are in line for a deep run after suffering so many critical injuries!"

Silver linings and all.

I would be perfectly fine if Flacco came in and had 50% completions for 250+ yds and 1 TD 1 INT. I can live with that, as it would keep the defense honest and allow the run game to work. Just manage the game, don't do anything fancy, and let the Defense eat. I'm perfectly fine with that outcome.

Welp....If the Defense would've been hungrier, maybe the outcome would've been different. But Flacco did all that I expected out of him. Led a few good drives, kept their defense honest, made one stupid mistake that led to a turnover. Not bad for someone who came in off the street. Now the issues with the penalties and the defense without Ward and Garrett need to be addressed.
This time the defense held up their side of the bargain and Flacco performed better than I could've asked/hoped/thought. Great win yesterday!

Can't say that I paid much attention to Flacco going to the Browns. But I heard they announced he was going to be their starter the rest of the way. Then they sent him back to the practice squad (meaning he could be signed by any other franchise). Given how well he did and that there are several teams out there looking for QB help, wouldn't it be the Browns first order of business to sign Flacco to a deal to their main roster? A team stepping in and signing him would be so totally Cleveland.

Can't say that I paid much attention to Flacco going to the Browns. But I heard they announced he was going to be their starter the rest of the way. Then they sent him back to the practice squad (meaning he could be signed by any other franchise). Given how well he did and that there are several teams out there looking for QB help, wouldn't it be the Browns first order of business to sign Flacco to a deal to their main roster? A team stepping in and signing him would be so totally Cleveland.
i had this same question last week and found an article that explained why that couldn't happen.

i found it, but re-reading it, they really didn't give a reason, it was just the writer's opinion, and explaining that they can elevate him three times before they have to add him to the 53.

yeah, technically he can be signed by anyone. i'm not sure why they think the extra roster spot is worth exposing him to being signed by another team.

it's just what they do.

Last edited:
Jed Wills gone for the rest of the season AND Mo Hurst gone for rest of the season.
Was hoping Wills would return so that is BOTH starting tackles AND best backup tackle gone. Hurst had his best game Sunday against the Jags and has been great in DT rotation. So many damn injuries.
To cheer you up, watch this, Wyatt Teller took out TWO defenders with one block.
This is worth the watch.
LINK to video

Jed Wills gone for the rest of the season AND Mo Hurst gone for rest of the season.
Was hoping Wills would return so that is BOTH starting tackles AND best backup tackle gone. Hurst had his best game Sunday against the Jags and has been great in DT rotation. So many damn injuries.
To cheer you up, watch this, Wyatt Teller took out TWO defenders with one block.
This is worth the watch.
LINK to video
The pantry is definitely getting thin. Which makes what they are doing even more miraculous. Players, coaches, trainers are all crushing it right now to keep this band aid wagon on the tracks.

i had this same question last week and found an article that explained why that couldn't happen.

i found it, but re-reading it, they really didn't give a reason, it was just the writer's opinion, and explaining that they can elevate him three times before they have to add him to the 53.

yeah, technically he can be signed by anyone. i'm not sure why they think the extra roster spot is worth exposing him to being signed by another team.

it's just what they do.
Thought it was a two way street? Meaning Flacco would have to agree to leave CLE to go to the other team that wanted to sign him. In this case, he knows he's the starter and this is just procedural stuff. Why leave just so you can back up or play elsewhere? He's done well here in his two games. Stefanski has game played well for him and Flacco seems comfortable with the team and how it's going so far. Seems silly to leave.

I'm sure they've had conversations behind closed doors that laid out expectations and the whys/hows of this roster management. But just because, lets say Cincinnati calls to sign him off of our PS, it doesn't mean he has to pack up his bags and say bye.

This is worth the watch.
LINK to video
The pantry is definitely getting thin. Which makes what they are doing even more miraculous. Players, coaches, trainers are all crushing it right now to keep this band aid wagon on the tracks.
As long as Callahan is still coaching up the line, I'm not worried yet. The diminishing talent is a concern, but he'll get the most/best out of what's in front of him. Let's see him keep building!

As long as Callahan is still coaching up the line, I'm not worried yet. The diminishing talent is a concern, but he'll get the most/best out of what's in front of him. Let's see him keep building!
With the amount of money Haslem throws around, when it comes to Callahan's review this year, they should just slide a blank check in front of him and kindly ask not to get too crazy when he fills in whatever amount he wants.

it's just what they do.
Thought it was a two way street? Meaning Flacco would have to agree to leave CLE to go to the other team that wanted to sign him. In this case, he knows he's the starter and this is just procedural stuff. Why leave just so you can back up or play elsewhere? He's done well here in his two games. Stefanski has game played well for him and Flacco seems comfortable with the team and how it's going so far. Seems silly to leave.

I'm sure they've had conversations behind closed doors that laid out expectations and the whys/hows of this roster management. But just because, lets say Cincinnati calls to sign him off of our PS, it doesn't mean he has to pack up his bags and say bye.
Just saw this on another elsewhere...I wasn't aware they could protect 4 players on the PS. So there ya go....

You can ELEVATE a Player on the PS 3 times for Game Days before you have to put them on the 53 Man Roster.

You can Protect 4 Players a Week on the Practice Squad.

So far, Flacco has been Elevated TWICE, he's got one more to go.

There is NO REASON to remove some one OFF the 53 Man, until we HAVE TO. We don't have to, for ONE MORE WEEK.

We've got a lot of injuries right now, so keeping that 'extra' body on the Roster... that Flacco will be removing after Next Week... is pretty crucial right now.

it's just what they do.

Just saw this on another elsewhere...I wasn't aware they could protect 4 players on the PS. So there ya go....

You can ELEVATE a Player on the PS 3 times for Game Days before you have to put them on the 53 Man Roster.

You can Protect 4 Players a Week on the Practice Squad.

So far, Flacco has been Elevated TWICE, he's got one more to go.

There is NO REASON to remove some one OFF the 53 Man, until we HAVE TO. We don't have to, for ONE MORE WEEK.

We've got a lot of injuries right now, so keeping that 'extra' body on the Roster... that Flacco will be removing after Next Week... is pretty crucial right now.
i didn't know the 4 player protection rule either.

first time i've heard about it.

it's just what they do.

there is one scenario where another team could offer him a multi-year contract.

in that case, the Browns wouldn't be able to match the offer.

but i think part of it is that Flacco is upset that the Browns were the only team that called him.

these guys have egos, and for that reason alone he'll probably stay with the Browns, even if they couldn't protect him.

With the amount of money Haslem throws around, when it comes to Callahan's review this year, they should just slide a blank check in front of him and kindly ask not to get too crazy when he fills in whatever amount he wants.
he darn well better be the highest paid OLine coach in the NFL.

Delpit done for the year now too. The Gods of the NFL are trying as hard as possible to make this team of destiny fail.

everyone keeps giving the coaches credit, which they deserve.

but i think Berry should get a ton of credit for the roster he put together.

and for pulling off the Hopkins trade right before the season started.

WOW! Great job! Not the Browns, I'm talking about every pathetic scrub offensive lineman who has faced Myles Garrett over the last three games because they've handled him without a sack and with
NO PENTALTIES called on them.
Great job you pathetic low-life scrub faceless offensive linemen.

NO PENALTIES called on you whenever you play Myles Garrett. Gosh, it is almost like the NFL is cheating by not calling penalties against Myles Garrett. It is odd because when I look at the NFL rule book I see this:
--------------------------------------------------------
RULE 12, Section 1, Article 3 defines NFL offensive holding
Using hands or arms to materially restrict an opponent or alter the defender's path or angle of pursuit. It is a foul regardless of whether the blocker's hands are inside or outside the frame of the defender's body.
LINK to video
----------------------------------------------------------
WOW! Great job from all of the pathetic worthless scrubs who have held Myles Garrett without a sack for a full month without a SINGLE HOLDING CALL made against you. Not ONE HOLDING CALL. Amazing.
It is strange though because when I look I see them holding him on EVERY PLAY. EVERY SINGLE PLAY and no calls made. ZERO. Why is that NFL?????
I suggest we have a NO HOLDING chart for the pathetic scrubs who play against Myles Garrett and see how long the NFL keeps allowing holding against Myles Garrett.
Both TJ Watt and Myles Garrett have gone public after getting INJURED by offensive linemen in games where they have been held and NO HOLDING CALLS were made. Both were fined by the NFL.

Last edited:
WOW! Great job! Not the Browns, I'm talking about every pathetic scrub offensive lineman who has faced Myles Garrett over the last three games because they've handled him without a sack and with
NO PENTALTIES called on them.
Great job you pathetic low-life scrub faceless offensive linemen.

NO PENALTIES called on you whenever you play Myles Garrett. Gosh, it is almost like the NFL is cheating by not calling penalties against Myles Garrett. It is odd because when I look at the NFL rule book I see this:
--------------------------------------------------------
RULE 12, Section 1, Article 3 defines NFL offensive holding
Using hands or arms to materially restrict an opponent or alter the defender's path or angle of pursuit. It is a foul regardless of whether the blocker's hands are inside or outside the frame of the defender's body.
LINK to video
----------------------------------------------------------
WOW! Great job from all of the pathetic worthless scrubs who have held Myles Garrett without a sack for a full month without a SINGLE HOLDING CALL made against you. Not ONE HOLDING CALL. Amazing.
It is strange though because when I look I see them holding him on EVERY PLAY. EVERY SINGLE PLAY and no calls made. ZERO. Why is that NFL?????
I suggest we have a NO HOLDING chart for the pathetic scrubs who play against Myles Garrett and see how long the NFL keeps allowing holding against Myles Garrett.
Both TJ Watt and Myles Garrett have gone public after getting INJURED by offensive linemen in games where they have been held and NO HOLDING CALLS were made. Both were fined by the NFL.
I feel like you're trying to make a point Bracie but I can't quite put my finger on it. Could you elaborate further?

Not sure which one but they will win one of the next two, leaning toward DEN but regardless they split and come home 1-1 from the road trip
Jaguars - Loss
Bears - Win
Texans - Loss
Jets - Win
Bengals - Win

Give or take. I could see us beating either the Texans or Jaguars too but I'm edging to winning out and I don't think that happens in any reality.
So I whiffed on DEN & LA, figured we would have won one of those. Looks like DEN just caught fire for a couple of weeks and have regressed back to ****.

Jaguars - Loss Win
Bears - Win
Texans - Loss Win
Jets - Win
Bengals - Win Loss

Going to revamp the predictions based on recent events. Think we can beat the Texans next week without CJ Stroud, Jets should be a win and I'm changing the Bengals to a loss. They are going to be playing for a spot and we should have one wrapped up by then and hopefully resting some guys.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

it's just what they do.
fair point, but if another team were to sign him he would need to learn a new playbook over the course of at least 2 and possibly 3 weeks. where does that take you? by the time hes able to help you your playoff hopes could be done. Flacco also knows this and he wants a chance to show he can still play. easier to do this in Cleveland than in many other places. so could another team have signed him? yeah, but I think the money would have to be enough to make Flacco walk from a good gig. I think the fact that nobody signed him speaks to this.

Flacco has had a decent career. a chance to win a superbowl likely appeals to him more than money does.

and for pulling off the Hopkins trade right before the season started.
I have said all year Hopkins was the best addition. Flacco has done better than expected these last few weeks, but Hopkins has delivered many a clutch kicks that we as fans have watched sail wide left, wide right, or fallen short. This team wouldn't be where they are without Hopkins.

Delpit done for the year now too. The Gods of the NFL are trying as hard as possible to make this team of destiny fail.
I'm looking at the IR like a draft where you have 3-4 first rounders and 5-6 seconds. The infusion of talent over the offseason will be amazing!

Flacco has had a decent career. a chance to win a superbowl likely appeals to him more than money does.
someone brought this up a few weeks ago.

Flacco has one Super Bowl win.

if he gets a second, he's likely going to Canton.

Users who are viewing this thread