What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2nd Official Free For All Chess Tournament- Green & Gold= Champion (1 Viewer)

T, confirm how quickly each game must be completed.
Right now there isn't one. I would like each game finished within 2-3 days with a week maximum, but I won't enforce anything- for now. I don't really care how long you take, but if it goes on too long people will become disinterested and bow out. So if the same couple of guys are slowing everybody else down, I may have to enforce something or even remove them from the tourney, but we're not there yet and there will be plenty of warning.

OK, we now have 28 people, which is fine. I am ready to set up round 1. (If you miss round 1, you can still sign up for round 2 with a first round half point- You get one point for every win, half point for every draw.)

All players are posted in the OP with their Chess Time names in bold. I do not have Chess Time names for the following people:

ragincajun

Witz

shader

Geezil

Bogart

kutta

Please provide me with these when you get a chance, thx.

Rules and general info:

1. Whoever plays white on Chess Time has to invite the other person. So if you are black, wait for an invitation. (If there's a way to change this, let us know.)

2. Please post all results here.

3. You are not allowed to SPECIFICALLY comment on a game while it is being played. You can always post, "I am kicking Tim's ###!" etc., but no description of moves or position. After the game, you're free to post it here and comment on it. Maybe some of the experts here, like Sacramento Bob, will even offer their analysis, which would be awesome.

4. Once your game is finished, we have to wait until everyone's game is done before we can advance to the next round. After each round, you will be placed against an opponent with a record either equal to your own or very close to it.

5. We're trusting everyone's honor here. If you use outside help, like a computer or some friend to analyze your game while it is being played, it destroys the whole point of this tournament. Obviously we can't control what anybody does, but please don't cheat.

geezilgeezil is my id but I will need to wait until my daughter gets back home so I can use her Nexus7. I can't download the app to my computer. Hope this doesn't hold things up too much. What day do we plan on starting Tim?

Right now there isn't one. I would like each game finished within 2-3 days with a week maximum, but I won't enforce anything- for now. I don't really care how long you take, but if it goes on too long people will become disinterested and bow out. So if the same couple of guys are slowing everybody else down, I may have to enforce something or even remove them from the tourney, but we're not there yet and there will be plenty of warning.
count me in.

geezilgeezil is my id but I will need to wait until my daughter gets back home so I can use her Nexus7. I can't download the app to my computer. Hope this doesn't hold things up too much. What day do we plan on starting Tim?
I'm going to set up round 1 right now, but some games probably won't start for a few days.

count me in.
Sorry Otello, I am setting up round 1 right now and we have an even number. You can join round 2 with a bye (so long as I get an even number to join.) OR- if somebody else comes along and joins up right now you can simply play that person.

Round 1- All players listed FIRST are white:

timschochet vs. Matsuki

UniAlias vs. kutta

rajinCajun vs. Joe T

Abraham vs. BoomBoom

wdcrop vs. Otis

Mister CIA vs. rascal

PizzaTyme vs. nysfl2

Witz vs. Brownsfan

Ray Karpis vs. spOOfy

Steve Tasker vs. Shotsup

Green and Gold vs. Bogart

jamny vs. cheese

shader vs. AcerFC

Geezil vs. Joffer

Good luck, everyone! One note- if you forfeit a game by not showing up, or simply quitting, you're out of the tournament. No second chances, sorry.

In, but I've got you on ignore so I'll only be able to see posts that others have quoted. I don't think your pm's are blocked though.

Thanks for organizing this! :thumbup:
Um no.If you want to be in a tournament that I run, you need to take me off ignore. When you do, let me know and I'll gladly put you in.
Let me in Tim! I'm sorry and I won't ignore your posts any more.

nysfl2 isn't a known player on Chess Time. Need help. Is is NYSF12?

No combo working.

Last edited by a moderator:
In, but I've got you on ignore so I'll only be able to see posts that others have quoted. I don't think your pm's are blocked though.

Thanks for organizing this! :thumbup:
Um no.If you want to be in a tournament that I run, you need to take me off ignore. When you do, let me know and I'll gladly put you in.
Let me in Tim! I'm sorry and I won't ignore your posts any more.
You play Otello first round.

Otello: I'm "psychopav" at chess.com. I assume chesstime interfaces with chess.com?

i should be out in about 5 minutes.

Is it funny or sad I didnt remember you could go forward two spaces with pawns?

Invite sent to "Otello". Don't know if that's The Otello or just an Otello, but there was such a username.

I've been off Percocet for 4 hours, and I'm still feeling it. hella drug...I may have to slow roll Mister CIA till my head is clear.

Users who are viewing this thread