What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

300 Tons of Nazi Gold Allegedly Found UPDATE (3 Viewers)

i am the wisconsin one the other guys around here are just chumploopas take that to the bank brohans

This is an awesome story. Surprised Tommyboy and the Wisconsin Five haven't come in here and made this all about the liberal agenda.
There he is! :excited:
WTF are you talking about? Are you okay?

What are you trying to accomplish here?
Did I interrupt your Madam Secretary Sunday Night? :confused:
Once again, WTF are you talking about? Where is this coming from?

This is an awesome story. Surprised Tommyboy and the Wisconsin Five haven't come in here and made this all about the liberal agenda.

Season 1 on DVD now

You can watch it with your other 70-year-old world-hating neighbors, make a night out of it. :thumbup:

Season 1 on DVD now

You can watch it with your other 70-year-old world-hating neighbors, make a night out of it. :thumbup:
Why don't I just borrow it from you? You seem to know an awful lot about it since you're recommending it. I'll even send you a prepaid shipping label. What's the address of the institution you're at?

Last edited by a moderator:

Season 1 on DVD now

Why don't I just borrow it from you? You seem to know an awful lot about it since you're recommending it. I'll even send you a prepaid shipping label. What's the address of the institution you're at?
Send it here:

Never deployed post-cold war Jarhead

413 Ignorant Tea Party Follower Lane

Kenosha, WI 53140

:thumbup:

Oops, that would be the return address you put on there.

Hell, send it to Scott Walker. Maybe you can get a handy from him for season 1. :hifive:

Season 1 on DVD now

Send it here:

Never deployed post-cold war Jarhead

413 Ignorant Tea Party Follower Lane

Kenosha, WI 53140

:thumbup:
That's your address? :lmao:

Oops, that would be the return address you put on there.

Hell, send it to Scott Walker. Maybe you can get a handy from him for season 1. :hifive:
You want me to send your entire collection of Madame Secretary DVD's to Scott Walker? Why don't you just send it and get the handy yourself? You seem really excited about it.

Anyways, this has been fun but I go to go now. :bye:

Thanks for hijacking my thread. :thumbup:

Take your political differences somewhere else, thanks.
The thread would be a lot more fun if these jerkoffs would just climb onto the damn train and figure out if there's gold there.

If #### blows up, even better.

The thread would be a lot more fun if these jerkoffs would just climb onto the damn train and figure out if there's gold there.

Maybe, I don't know. My point is American political issues; which have absolutely nothing to do with a hidden, armored Nazi train, is being discussed.Absolutely irrelevant.

Maybe, I don't know. My point is American political issues; which have absolutely nothing to do with a hidden, armored Nazi train, is being discussed.Absolutely irrelevant.
Disagree, everything is local. If Max wants to binge watch Madam Secretary, it should be rolled into a Nazi gold thread.

Disagree, everything is local. If Max wants to binge watch Madam Secretary, it should be rolled into a Nazi gold thread.
Why are you doing this? I do not understand how a TV show has anything to do with this subject. :shrug:

I was driving a Honda around last week if you want to strike up the conversation in a 'clean' non-political thread focused on Nazi's & gold, just saying :kicksrock:

I, for one, am certainly more interested in the potential of 300 tons of Nazi gold than trading midwestern insults

If Vince Gilligan produced a series about a pair of treasure hunters trying to sell 300 tons of Nazi gold without anyone finding out, I would watch it.

I still say there'll be nazi stuff on that train- but no, or very little, gold.

I just don't see a team of people loading, taking accounts, and then hiding that thing and not trying to come back for it if it's loaded down with that much treasure. That said, I'd still love to be wrong.

I just don't see a team of people loading, taking accounts, and then hiding that thing and not trying to come back for it if it's loaded down with that much treasure. That said, I'd still love to be wrong.
There has to be something 'worth' hiding that you don't want to blow up for some reason. You don't go through the hassle of burying a train because you are in retreat to not let the Red Army get a hold of some tanks or a train. It makes no sense. It is a lot of time and effort to go about burying a train and hiding the fact you just buried a train when the Soviets are breathing down your neck.

There has to be something 'worth' hiding that you don't want to blow up for some reason. You don't go through the hassle of burying a train because you are in retreat to not let the Red Army get a hold of some tanks or a train. It makes no sense. It is a lot of time and effort to go about burying a train and hiding the fact you just buried a train when the Soviets are breathing down your neck.
we're obviously on different sides of this, expectation-wise.

a train full of tanks and artillery could have been valuable to the people hiding it- at war, to keep it out of enemy hands. worth taking into a previously dug out tunnel and then exploding the entrance- which I don't imagine would take that much work. or it could have 300 tons of gold on it. the former makes more sense to me. we'll see.... hopefully soon.

a train full of tanks and artillery could have been valuable to the people hiding it- at war, to keep it out of enemy hands. worth taking into a previously dug out tunnel and then exploding the entrance- which I don't imagine would take that much work. or it could have 300 tons of gold on it. the former makes more sense to me. we'll see.... hopefully soon.
I've no particular dog in the hunt one way or the other but keep in mind the times, the Nazi's even in retreat ruled that area with iron fist and heavily utilized slave labor as well as party zealots that were put in charge of hiding treasure for an eventual return of the Nazi party. I would absolutely love for them to find a train full of the worlds long forgotten treasures, not only to restore it to it's rightful owners after all these years but simply for the excitement of a find like this.

I've no particular dog in the hunt one way or the other but keep in mind the times, the Nazi's even in retreat ruled that area with iron fist and heavily utilized slave labor as well as party zealots that were put in charge of hiding treasure for an eventual return of the Nazi party. I would absolutely love for them to find a train full of the worlds long forgotten treasures, not only to restore it to it's rightful owners after all these years but simply for the excitement of a find like this.
:goodposting:

I'm pessimistic about what they'll find- but I'm still hoping it's as you describe.

I wonder if this is the final resting place of Hitler's speech proofreader, the original grammar Nazi.

You just explode the actualy tanks and artillery- it does not take much to make them inoperable.

Ok, let's assume there was a hole dug out already in front of train tracks.... you have to lay the tracks down, move the train in, then cover your tracks by pulling up all the tracks that lead to the hole/tunnel in such as a way that it would not be obvious that someone just hid a train here. No matter how they did it, that takes a hell of a lot of effort and time when if all you are doing is getting rid of equipment- it is much easier to blow it up.

If there is nothing valuable down there, I say it will be because out of X amount of people involved in hiding it.... there had to be survivors and they likely went back to get it.

I'm suspicious that we'll never know exactly what is found in the train because I'm sure it will be done by official government forces. I'm picturing the people who found the train to get very little of what is actually on the train.

I imagine the provenance for artwork recovered from the train, if there be any such, would substantially increase its value over what it might otherwise have been.

I wonder how artwork holds up over seven decades in a polish cavern. Is it wet and moldy in there? Could you make good "cave cheeses" in there? If there were artwork, paintings, would they be worth anything or is it now garbage?

I wonder if the train contains any German documents. Occasionally their penchant for documenting matters was stunning. there could be a treasure trove of history on that train, sad history, but history.

I imagine the provenance for artwork recovered from the train, if there be any such, would substantially increase its value over what it might otherwise have been.

I wonder how artwork holds up over seven decades in a polish cavern. Is it wet and moldy in there? Could you make good "cave cheeses" in there? If there were artwork, paintings, would they be worth anything?

I wonder if the train contains any German documents. Occasionally their penchant for documenting maters was stunning. there could be a treasure trove of history on that train, sad history, but history.
There might be documentation on so many things that were thought to be Hitlers fault but in reality are not.

I wonder how artwork holds up over seven decades in a polish cavern. Is it wet and moldy in there? Could you make good "cave cheeses" in there? If there were artwork, paintings, would they be worth anything or is it now garbage?

I wonder if the train contains any German documents. Occasionally their penchant for documenting matters was stunning. there could be a treasure trove of history on that train, sad history, but history.
Yes with no paintings, jewelry or gold this could still be a treasure trove.

What if this is all an elaborate marketing campaign for a new National Treasure or Indiana Jones movie? They open the cave up and Nicolas Cage or Harrison Ford come out...

What if this is all an elaborate marketing campaign for a new National Treasure or Indiana Jones movie? They open the cave up and Nicolas Cage or Harrison Ford come out...
What if it is NOT a marketing campaign and Nicolas Cage comes walking out after they open it?!

Users who are viewing this thread