What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 5 Minute Drill Mailbag: Week 3 *** (1 Viewer)

Marc Faletti

Footballguy
Hey all-

We're doing 2 shows again this week, and I figured we should give you guys a chance to get in the mix. We're pouring over the game tape today, and we'd love to find 10-12 burning questions from you guys to help guide our research for the first show.

How this works: Drop us a question that's foremost on your mind. And if you see one other question that someone else already posted that you are also hoping to have answered, go ahead and quote it in your reply as well. You can also just do the latter if your biggest question has already been posted.

Also, we'll reference questioners by their board name by default, so let us know if you'd like us to use a different name.

If there are 10-12 questions that work for the show, we'll quote and answer them in our first show this week due out Wednesday.

Let's see what you got, sharks!

Last edited by a moderator:
how about some thoughts/opinions on Vernon Davis, Lee Evans, Maroney, Jones-Drew and the entire Saints offense.....

how about comments on bowe/webb in the kansas city wr opening and likelyhood either can become regular fantasy contributors

Who gets the ball and how well will they do in Houston if Andre Johnson is gone for any significant period of time?

Should AJ owners target this person "just in case" the news of his injury is really bad?

Edge has 2 games were he has played well... Do you see this continuing or is it a flash and hell return to the depths of last year? And if disaster looms is he a buy low sell high commodity right now?

Last edited by a moderator:
how about some thoughts/opinions on Vernon Davis, Lee Evans, Maroney, Jones-Drew and the entire Saints offense.....how about comments on bowe/webb in the kansas city wr opening and likelyhood either can become regular fantasy contributors
hey dirtyhalos,can you phrase any of that in the form of a single question? thanks man!

Will Marion Barber III ever become the feature guy? He has proven week in and week out to be the better RB. Is he a consistant starter as a RB#2 option?

LT, Steven Jackson, and Larry Johnson were all at the top of most draft boards and all are dramatically underperforming so far compared to their expectations.

1) What do you see for these three going forward? Are you seriously concerned about any of them, or are you targeting any or all of them as "Buy Low" guys?

2) If you see any of them as good "Buy Low" candidates, what type of package would you offer to get them?

Love the show -- keep up the great work!

Will Marion Barber III ever become the feature guy? He has proven week in and week out to be the better RB. Is he a consistant starter as a RB#2 option?
LT, Steven Jackson, and Larry Johnson were all at the top of most draft boards and all are dramatically underperforming so far compared to their expectations.1) What do you see for these three going forward? Are you seriously concerned about any of them, or are you targeting any or all of them as "Buy Low" guys?2) If you see any of them as good "Buy Low" candidates, what type of package would you offer to get them?Love the show -- keep up the great work!
:stirspot:

What is the deal with the Jags Offense - will MJD get it going? Tell us more about the new OC and why is he not giving the ball to the running backs.

Is Braylon Edwards going to be a solid fantasy contributor this season after his week 2 break-out game?

Will Kevin Jones get 15-20 carries when Healthy?

Who are some of the QB's who may be starting later in the year and may provide fantasy value for leagues that start 2 QB's.

What team(s) averaging under 200 yards passing per game have the best opportunity to 'gel' and surprise people later in the season?

How bout this:

1) Have a waiver wire players to key in on after week 3.

2) Are Wide Recivers taking over RB value this year with PPR? Why is this and will it last?

3) Hire some cheerleaders and have them bounce around while you do a voiceover for your show...

How much of Lee Evans awful start has been the opposing defenses or is it the inability of the Bills to find a compliment for him in the passing game?

Who are some buy low candiates in redraft leagues that have soft schedules on the horizon?

With Campbell going on IR for New Orleans, does that hurt or help the value of Eric Johnson as a TE in a PPR?

Assuming Andre Johnson is done, what happens in Houston? Can Jones contribute or will there be a different WR1? More emphasis on the Tight Ends? What happens to Ahman Green?

Make a move to try to acquire Larry Johnson if you have a short roster? The current offensive woes and bad schedule might panic a current owner, but can he stay healthy enough to take advantage of the upcoming easy schedule?

Marc

This question is really outside of a players. Since this is a FBG's site show, I like to know what happen this past Sunday with the Breaking news/Inactive reports on FBG's week2..All reports stopped around 12:30pm Sunday and started back up around 3:30PM. I really need this info before 1PM kickoff time..after that its to late lineups have to be in at 1PM..Did it crash Sunday?

MarcThis question is really outside of a players. Since this is a FBG's site show, I like to know what happen this past Sunday with the Breaking news/Inactive reports on FBG's week2..All reports stopped around 12:30pm Sunday and started back up around 3:30PM. I really need this info before 1PM kickoff time..after that its to late lineups have to be in at 1PM..Did it crash Sunday?
Hey hellz_fireflies,The show is affiliated with footballguys in terms of promotion and talent, but I'm afraid I dunno those sorts of details. If any other FBGs have info, I'm sure they'll share it...

BroadwayG said:
MarcThis question is really outside of a players. Since this is a FBG's site show, I like to know what happen this past Sunday with the Breaking news/Inactive reports on FBG's week2..All reports stopped around 12:30pm Sunday and started back up around 3:30PM. I really need this info before 1PM kickoff time..after that its to late lineups have to be in at 1PM..Did it crash Sunday?
Hey hellz_fireflies,The show is affiliated with footballguys in terms of promotion and talent, but I'm afraid I dunno those sorts of details. If any other FBGs have info, I'm sure they'll share it...
All of this info is typically released close to gametime. The time discrepancy is from the early games and the late games. The late game info is not available at noon.
IC..thank you for reply.

General- Saints offense: Trend or abberation?

More specific- Deuce McAllister: How worried should owners be with the GL touches that Bush received in week 2? Is that defense going to continue to severely limit Deuce's output by putting the offense in large holes going forward?

With Clemens playing ahead of Pennington, does this make Cotchery a better WR play than Coles, or was yesterday's performance more a case of how the Ravens defended the two players?

how about some thoughts/opinions on Vernon Davis, Lee Evans, Maroney, Jones-Drew and the entire Saints offense.....how about comments on bowe/webb in the kansas city wr opening and likelyhood either can become regular fantasy contributors
Love to hear about the views on Saints offense.Also like to hear about thoughts on ADP and his role when Chester Taylor comes back

What the heck is going on with MJD and the Jacksonsville offense? Why is it so screwed up? And will it get "fixed" for MJD owners?

My hope is that (1) it's caused by a new Coordinator; (2) by the late switch at starting QB; and (3) Meester's injury. If I'm right, my thought is that MJD still has some value. Tell me if you think it's something that's not able to fixed.

WR's are putting up huge #'s in the first two weeks....at least 6-10 go over 100yrds and some have had multiple TD's. Is this the year that a WR puts up more total offense #'s than a RB?

Can we rely on DST's like MIN and BAL with such terrible offensive production (and turnovers resulting in bad field position)?

We have all seen the big play ability of Adrian Peterson, but, how much will T Jackson's inability to be efficient hinder us from seeing Peterson's full potential this year?

Way to go, sharks. You guys have given us a lot to chew on. We're off to retire to our HQ and get to work on these questions. Thanks for the input!

Is there any interest in Leftwich out there...

There are some terrible starting quarterbacks starting, why no interest in Lefty???

Brandon Jackson has been underwhelming so far, what do you see happening in the GB backfield???

Cecil Lammey said:
BoneYardDog said:
Is there any interest in Leftwich out there...

There are some terrible starting quarterbacks starting, why no interest in Lefty???

Brandon Jackson has been underwhelming so far, what do you see happening in the GB backfield???
I like that one!
Ditto. We'll be hitting that topic in our Friday morning show, so it's definitely on our minds! :football:

Do you think people people are too quick to tear down running backs on a year to year basis? Maybe this wasn't true last year, but this year it seems like people were trying to start bandwagons for anyone who had talent or potential (D. Williams, MJD, Benson) without looking fully at their situations or motivation; or writing them off entirely because they had a bad year.

I.E. Shaun Alexander being in the 1.05-1.08 area after one bad year

Edge surpassing expectations thus far

And the biggie I think a lot of people whiffed on in Lamont Jordan. He went from a 1st rounder to the late 6th-8th depending on league size, meanwhile he's leading the running back scores in PPR leagues. Don't expect them to stay that high, but obviously his situation was nowhere near as dire as some predicted.

What is wrong with the Jacksonville running game? Is it the new OC, or has their OL gotten that ineffective?

Mark Clayton: what's his injury, how long until he's healthy enough to put up real #s. These cameo appearances are awful.

Users who are viewing this thread