What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (2 Viewers)

Bill Post, the inventor of Pop-Tarts, has died at age 96.

Some will insist on putting him into the ground cold and be fine with it, others will argue for cremation.
@Keerock Need a what’s normal poll on toasted or untoasted pop-tarts.

Some will insist on putting him into the ground cold and be fine with it, others will argue for cremation.
10-4

FWIW... Untoasted, frosted cherry FTW

10-4

Need to add clarifiers on the toasted: with or without butter?

(Toasted buttered poptarts is what killed off the Basselopes, by the way).

10-4

Need to add clarifiers on the toasted: with or without butter?

(Toasted buttered poptarts is what killed off the Basselopes, by the way).
Bloom County reference! I had totally forgotten about that "plotline."

Unfrosted pop tarts toasted with butter is a great breakfast or snack. I don’t really have a favorite though. Blueberry is great. Brown sugar cinnamon is terrific. Strawberry is great. I had a snickerdoodle toasted and buttered as a snack this eve. Not my favorite but not bad.

Live scene from Hell, Country **** and Mojo together again.

A true original

I was at that show! My first concert ever at the Pine Street Theater in Portland, back in my high school days.

Listened to a bunch of Mojo when I heard the news this weekend, hadn’t done that in a long, long time.

George "Lefty" Driesell, former college basketball coach, dies at 92. He coached 41 seasons -- at Davidson, Maryland, James Madison and Georgia State . Driesell was elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2018.
Man......this hurts, though it's not surprising given his age.

One of a kind.......
He was a character and I mean that in a good way.

George "Lefty" Driesell, former college basketball coach, dies at 92. He coached 41 seasons -- at Davidson, Maryland, James Madison and Georgia State . Driesell was elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2018.

One of a kind.......
He was a character and I mean that in a good way.
He'd have won 2 or 3 NCAAs if Moses Malone had kept his commitment. Lefty was the person who talked Malone out of going to college - "they can pay you more than I can"

One of a kind.......
I was at JMU when he was the coach there. He loved to stop and watch pick-up games that we'd play at Godwin (sometimes with assistant coach Ralph Sampson joining in and handicapping himself by only shooting 3s). I can still remember having the ball at the top of the key and hearing that old coot yell "triple threat position!" I went on to drive and blow the lay-up.

I grew up within walking distance of Cole Field House and Maryland basketball was my favorite of any team. Started following them the year after they won the NIT with Len Elmore and Tom McMillen and followed them faithfully through the Gary Williams years. I went to Lefty's camp two years, which were amazing experiences I couldn't fully appreciate at the time. My wife went to the same high school as one of his daughters and knew her via Young Life. She got to go to their house many times and she told me that his basement was full of game films and he had a projector and screen set up. She even got to eat dinner with them when they had Len Bias over.

While I never interacted much with him, there was one interaction I'm glad I can retell...

In high school, my friends and I would go to the campus often to play pick-up basketball. There were multiple locations available to us even though we weren't students. One Friday night, we went up to play ball and all of our normal spots were closed and/or locked up, so we went into Cole Field House, which was open but only the lights on the concourse were on. It wasn't quite enough light but we didn't care so we started playing in the near-dark.

Apparently, Lefty was still in his office, heard us and came out to shoo us away. No anger, no calling the campus cops, just:

"Okay boys, that's enough!"

Amen, Lefty.
Amen, amen, amen.

This is about someone who was famous in the medical community but probably not outside of it.

Dr. Alain Cribier passed away at age 79. He invented several techniques that made operating on the heart less invasive and thus available to people who would have died had they underwent open surgery (or if their condition wasn’t treated at all).

The most well known of these is transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI), also called transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR). In the 20th century and before, severe stenosis (narrowing) of the heart’s aortic valve was basically a death sentence if you were old and your body was unable to withstand open heart surgery. Cribier figured out how to use catheters to replace the aortic valve with a bioprosthetic device without cutting the patient’s chest open. It is now the standard of care for people 65 or older with severe aortic stenosis and has prolonged the lives of thousands. He performed the first procedure in 2002. The FDA approved the first TAVR device for commercial use in the US in 2011.

Some of you may remember that Mick Jagger had this procedure a few years ago.

I grew up within walking distance of Cole Field House and Maryland basketball was my favorite of any team. Started following them the year after they won the NIT with Len Elmore and Tom McMillen and followed them faithfully through the Gary Williams years. I went to Lefty's camp two years, which were amazing experiences I couldn't fully appreciate at the time. My wife went to the same high school as one of his daughters and knew her via Young Life. She got to go to their house many times and she told me that his basement was full of game films and he had a projector and screen set up. She even got to eat dinner with them when they had Len Bias over.

While I never interacted much with him, there was one interaction I'm glad I can retell...

In high school, my friends and I would go to the campus often to play pick-up basketball. There were multiple locations available to us even though we weren't students. One Friday night, we went up to play ball and all of our normal spots were closed and/or locked up, so we went into Cole Field House, which was open but only the lights on the concourse were on. It wasn't quite enough light but we didn't care so we started playing in the near-dark.

Apparently, Lefty was still in his office, heard us and came out to shoo us away. No anger, no calling the campus cops, just:

"Okay boys, that's enough!"

Amen, Lefty.
Amen, amen, amen.
Most of y'all may not get the bolded, but that was the chant when Maryland had put a game away.

Users who are viewing this thread