What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***ALCS Texas Rangers v New York Yankees*** (3 Viewers)

Pick a winner please

• Rangers in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rangers in 5

• Rangers in 6

• Rangers in 7

• Yankees in 4

• Yankees in 5

• Yankees in 6

• Yankees in 7

• Total voters
LETS ####IN GOTexas bullpen OWNEDMaybe you guys shouldve spent some more money there
Just like a dumb Yankees fan, everything comes down to spending more money. :thumbup:
:shark: It was poking fun at all the whiners about Yankees payroll blowing Texas out the water but I guess that went over your head.
Maybe you should work on your sense of humor, kinda sucks. :bag:
Ill take notes from you

You'd think if Neftali Feliz is projected as a future starter, he could come in for two innings here :thumbup:

What are Wilson's normal pitch counts? For a game like this 104 seems low.
Looked it up.In June and July the meaty months, every start was between 102 and 120 (11 starts). I wasn't watching when they pulled him out, but I;d guess Ron Washington wishes he'd have left him in for at least another two batters.

LETS ####IN GOTexas bullpen OWNEDMaybe you guys shouldve spent some more money there
Just like a dumb Yankees fan, everything comes down to spending more money. :thumbup:
:shark: It was poking fun at all the whiners about Yankees payroll blowing Texas out the water but I guess that went over your head.
Maybe you should work on your sense of humor, kinda sucks. :bag:
Ill take notes from you
K, thx Vin.

LETS ####IN GO

Texas bullpen OWNED

Maybe you guys shouldve spent some more money there
Yankee answer to everything :thumbup: Remember the Rangers have not spent very much money anywhere. More seriously, the bullpen thoughout the year was solid to good. Can't defend they way they have not stepped up in the playoffs.

LETS ####IN GO

Texas bullpen OWNED

Yankee answer to everything :thumbup: Remember the Rangers have not spent very much money anywhere.

More seriously, the bullpen thoughout the year was solid to good. Can't defend they way they have not stepped up in the playoffs.
umm yeah that was my point. The Yankees payroll dwarfs the Rangers and that was a big story going into this series. I was just poking a little fun at those people who were whining about that. Try to keep up here.

LETS ####IN GO

Texas bullpen OWNED

Yankee answer to everything :rolleyes: Remember the Rangers have not spent very much money anywhere.

More seriously, the bullpen thoughout the year was solid to good. Can't defend they way they have not stepped up in the playoffs.
umm yeah that was my point. The Yankees payroll dwarfs the Rangers and that was a big story going into this series. I was just poking a little fun at those people who were whining about that. Try to keep up here.
You are seriously one of the dumbest people on the internet.

LETS ####IN GO

Texas bullpen OWNED

Yankee answer to everything :rolleyes: Remember the Rangers have not spent very much money anywhere.

You are seriously one of the dumbest people on the internet.
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz blah blah blah. If you dont like it block me.

And the series is over. Was fun for an hour
That rally was incredible. But the Yanks were supposed to win this game (CC vs CJ). If they hold on here nothing's changed. No such thing as momentum in baseball (ie 2001 WS)

Rangers really miss Frank Francisco.
Thought I would never agree to that sentence, but absolutely.
He wasn't as good this year as he was last year, but outside Oliver (who sucked tonight) and Feliz they are a bit shallow. Francisco has great stuff and he'd be all pumped for this series, adding another 2 mph on his heat. He's a pretty solid 8th inning guy, and they needed him tonight. At least then you lose with your best guy, not Clay Rapada (tigers reject).

Last edited by a moderator:
He wasn't as good this year as he was last year, but outside Oliver (who sucked tonight) and Feliz they are a bit shallow. Francisco has great stuff and he'd be all pumped for this series, adding another 2 mph on his heat. He's a pretty solid 8th inning guy, and they needed him tonight. At least then you lose with your best guy, not Clay Rapada (tigers reject).
his chair pitch is unhittable

his chair pitch is unhittable
:longtoss:

Thats one of those wins that you gotta watch the postgame. If the Yanks go on to win this series that Gardner play will go down in lore

Mariano was throwing some nasty cutters to Young. Does he ever get old?
Pitching is a funny thing. Everybody in the stadium knows what he's going to throw. Young has seen him before but Rivera is still unhittable.
I loved Posada going out to the mound. I assume their conversation went something like this:Posada: Whatta you wanna throw? A cutter?Rivera: YeahJeter jogs in: You still throwin a cutter?Rivera: Yeah

Mariano was throwing some nasty cutters to Young. Does he ever get old?
Pitching is a funny thing. Everybody in the stadium knows what he's going to throw. Young has seen him before but Rivera is still unhittable.
That 2-2 pitch Young fouled off was virtually unhittable and Young did a great job just to foul it off. And props to Smoltz to point it out during the broadcast,

Thats one of those wins that you gotta watch the postgame. If the Yanks go on to win this series that Gardner play will go down in lore
Great play by Gardner, but I think both Cantu and wilson were off defensively on that play. Cantu underhanded the ball softly and wilson looked late to the bag.

That was brutal. Texas just blew that.

How do you lose the game with your best reliever sitting on the bench? Idiot.

GREAT ####### win!!!

Team was listless for 6 innings

Ron Washington managed that 8th inning scared
I can't believe he didn't pitch Feliz.
Why did he take Wilson out?
I can sort of understand that. He was at 104 pitches, Jeter had just ripped a double.

But not bringing in Feliz in the 8th is terrible.
Especially after Oliver gave up the two walks. What the hell were you saying when they brought in Clay Rapada? :goodposting:

GREAT ####### win!!!

I can sort of understand that. He was at 104 pitches, Jeter had just ripped a double.

Especially after Oliver gave up the two walks. What the hell were you saying when they brought in Clay Rapada? :goodposting:
THat was funny.At that point, I figured it was only a matter of time until Casey Fien got the call.

GREAT ####### win!!!

Especially after Oliver gave up the two walks. What the hell were you saying when they brought in Clay Rapada? :rolleyes:
I said..."Clay Rapada?!? CLAY RAPADA?!? The whole season, and maybe the biggest moment in franchise history, and you're leaving it up to CLAY RAPADA?!?!?!?"

...to everyone within earshot in our complex.

Anyway Game 2 still very critical for NY. They've got Lee to beat us in Game 3, and get to tee off on Burnett in 4, so this series is far from over.

Anyway Game 2 still very critical for NY. They've got Lee to beat us in Game 3, and get to tee off on Burnett in 4, so this series is far from over.
I don't know. I want hte Yankees to come out now and light them up in Game 2. I'm talking like 5 runs in the first inning and never look back kinda blowout. That on the heels on this might just kill the Rangers even with Lee pitching. But who knows. You're only as good as your starter.I'm a mix of pissed and ecstatic about the game. It should have never gotten to that point with CC on the mound, but I love the way they came back.

I'm not a big carryover guy, although sometimes it comes into play. But last night, wow, was that glorious. To just sit back and feel that wave of emotions, from anger in the first, to frustration in the third, to sort of being frankly resigned the game is over in the middle innings and then watching again with some hope with Jeter's double. It was such a great moment to be a fan and see all that come together!

But Texas is very talented, they're not going anywhere and in the end, a win is a win, and a loss is a loss and they're still sort of bulletproof until Feliz chokes one up. The Yanks won a game Sabathia started, thats SUPPOSED to happen, even if it was a very circuitous rout to get there. Carryover is Tommy Hunter. If he can make his pitches there is no carryover, and if he is mortal than I have every bit of faith in Hughes.

GREAT ####### win!!!

:lmao: Ron Washington managed that 8th inning like Ron Washington. "Scared" leaves some impression that there's a chance that he wouldn't do anything idiotic in other situations.

"That the way baseball go."

Users who are viewing this thread