What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***ALCS Texas Rangers v New York Yankees*** (2 Viewers)

Pick a winner please

• Rangers in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rangers in 5

• Rangers in 6

• Rangers in 7

• Yankees in 4

• Yankees in 5

• Yankees in 6

• Yankees in 7

• Total voters
Nice job by Andy Pettitte tonight.I can't believe people would watch that football game over this. Terrible.
I actually watched a hockey game over this. That NFL game sucks. But I'm not watching any ####ing Yankee home playoff games. Hater.
Steve Downie :lmao:
Pretty good first two lines for the Bolts. Downie was quite the find.
Pretty good player and with a maniac streak. :thumbup: Was disappointed we traded him to you guys, but it turned to be a good trade for both teams.

Will Girardi actually go ahead and prove he's a terrible manager by sticking with Burnett for game 4?

Who cares if he looks wishy-washy by changing his mind. The season is O-V-E-R if he takes the hill.

Nice job by Andy Pettitte tonight.I can't believe people would watch that football game over this. Terrible.
I actually watched a hockey game over this. That NFL game sucks. But I'm not watching any ####ing Yankee home playoff games. Hater.
Steve Downie :lmao:
Pretty good first two lines for the Bolts. Downie was quite the find.
Pretty good player and with a maniac streak. :thumbup: Was disappointed we traded him to you guys, but it turned to be a good trade for both teams.
:lmao:Crazy player + scoring touch = good times.

Will Girardi actually go ahead and prove he's a terrible manager by sticking with Burnett for game 4?

Who cares if he looks wishy-washy by changing his mind. The season is O-V-E-R if he takes the hill.
Can CC go on 3-days rest twice? If the Rangers hold on here it would almost definitely go 7 for the Yanks to pull off a series win. You can't hide Burnett forever. :lmao:

Can CC go on 3-days rest twice? If the Rangers hold on here it would almost definitely go 7 for the Yanks to pull off a series win. You can't hide Burnett forever. :lmao:
There's a couple of weeks left in the season. Suck it up. C.C. on 3 days >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Burnett on 2 months rest.

Why would Cliff Lee want to pitch for the Yankees? He can go into New York every year in the playoffs and beat them, he should just do that.

I think the Rangers are going to throw a huge offer at him and if they at least win this series, he may very well take it.

Can CC go on 3-days rest twice? If the Rangers hold on here it would almost definitely go 7 for the Yanks to pull off a series win. You can't hide Burnett forever. :lol:
There's a couple of weeks left in the season. Suck it up. C.C. on 3 days >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Burnett on 2 months rest.
I don't really disagree I guess.On the same note, if Lee doesn't come out for the 9th, Ron Washington should be fired and then shot immediately in the dugout. I saw Feliz look shaky in the LDS at the Trop; he'll probably #### himself trying to close out Lee's gem at Yankee Stadium.

Can CC go on 3-days rest twice? If the Rangers hold on here it would almost definitely go 7 for the Yanks to pull off a series win. You can't hide Burnett forever. :lol:
Yeah but then what? Pitch Hughes and Pettitte on three days rest? I think they have to throw Burnett tomorrow.

Burnett would be going against Tommy Hunter, who's not all that good. Better to take your shot there rather than screwing the rotation for the rest of the series.

I agree but is he gonna go with Hughes & Pettitte on 3 days rest too

The Yanks will have to win one of game 4 or 5. The only benefit to bringing CC back tomorrow is if you plan to use him in game 7. Otherwise it doesn't make a huge difference.

If he does go tomorrow though, you have to go Burnett in game 5 and then Hughes in 6. Either way, AJ is going to take the mound.

The Rangers could smoke a 3-run homer here and you should still send Lee back out there. Why screw around?

Chubby butt comes through with another big hit. Lee now on the bench too long, can't bring him back at 120 pitches.

The Rangers could smoke a 3-run homer here and you should still send Lee back out there. Why screw around?
He's near his career high, he had back problems earlier in the year, and we really need him case of a game 7. Happy's going to have to be useful at some point in this series. Would be nice to get him some work in Yankee Stadium.

damn the Rangers are one meltdown away from leading this series 3-0.

Yankees fans pretending they are Dodgers fans, heading for the exits. :lmao:

I gotta say...I don't watch really ANY baseball, but is Yankee Stadium always this empty? I know it's 6-0 now, but I've been watching sparingly from the 7th on, and can't help but notice all the empty seats.

I know the tickets are supposedly super-expensive....but it's the ALCS!

I gotta say...I don't watch really ANY baseball, but is Yankee Stadium always this empty? I know it's 6-0 now, but I've been watching sparingly from the 7th on, and can't help but notice all the empty seats.I know the tickets are supposedly super-expensive....but it's the ALCS!
Don't know if you're being serious or just making fun of the fans, but people left when Texas put eleventeen runs on the board in the 9th. Stadium was jammed from the outset. Probably the loudest I've heard it during pregame stuff, lots of anticipation, even the Hamilton HR didn't completely deflate the place. But after the 1-2-3- bottom of the 1st, everyone just kinda sat on their hands for awhile. Couple of moments here and there -- A-Rod up with one on, and Tex up with Gardner on third come to mind...but yeah otherwise, there wasn't much to cheer for.Still doesn't excuse leaving a 2-0 game, which a handful of people did after the bottom of the 8th. Traffic getting out of the Bronx on a Monday night really isn't all that bad.ETA: My tickets are in the 6th row of the grandstand, pretty much right behind home plate. They were $54 each FV. The majority of the tickets in the stadium are that much or less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the team with home field should be up 2-1 at this point but it sure as heck doesn't feel like everything is going to any plan. The offense needs to wake up or the Burnett questions won't matter anyway. Interesting thing I noticed last night - the 3 Rangers starters were on the championship teams in my league - the 3 Yankees weren't. :rolleyes: Wouldn't have guessed that without looking.

This Rangers team is fun to watch though. Sucks they are doing it against my team.

2-0 or 8-0, there is no reason to leave an ALCS playoff game early. Especially with that fearsome Yankee lineup. They could put up a 10 spot without even opening their eyes.

2-0 or 8-0, there is no reason to leave an ALCS playoff game early. Especially with that fearsome Yankee lineup. They could put up a 10 spot without even opening their eyes.
I have never understood the majority of fans. The small chance of a historic comeback is worth the aggravation of staying when your team is losing big. I never leave a game my team is losing early because of the fear of missing a comeback. I am far more likely to leave a game my team is winning big as I don't really want to see if the other team can come back.

No real dog in this fight, but that was an absolute thing of beauty to watch last night for anyone who has ever loved baseball and isn't a die hard Yankee fan. All of the superlatives, all of the hype....all true. Soooo many times the performance doesn't live up to the hype, but last night, it did. In spades. Lee was so utterly dominate, so completely masterful that there was no doubt who was going to win the game after about the 3rd inning. 100 mile per hour fastballs may sell tickets in June, but being able to hit a dime from 60'6" while changing speeds is frequently more effective. The way he was cutting his fastball, four-seeming his fastball, changing speeds, dropping that mid seventies high-school-looking curve wherever he wanted it. Amazing. May have been 1 hard hit ball all night long against a virtual All Star batting order. Bravo.

I'm a mix of pissed and ecstatic about the game. It should have never gotten to that point with CC on the mound, but I love the way they came back.
Jesus. How can "pissed" even come into it? Your team just won the first game of the ALCS for crying out loud. Are Yankee fans really so spoiled that they need the style points to be happy?
Yes, Yankee fans are universally the biggest dooshbags known to man. Y23Fan is also the most spoiled, arrogant fan on the board. He's the one guy who doesn't understand the competitive advantage the Yanks have due to their quarter-billion dollar payroll. Even the other fans like Michael Brown and Shady seem to get that.So, enjoy the series with them.
Jesus. I should have taken this post more seriously. :excited:

Genedoc said:
No real dog in this fight, but that was an absolute thing of beauty to watch last night for anyone who has ever loved baseball and isn't a die hard Yankee fan. All of the superlatives, all of the hype....all true. Soooo many times the performance doesn't live up to the hype, but last night, it did. In spades. Lee was so utterly dominate, so completely masterful that there was no doubt who was going to win the game after about the 3rd inning. 100 mile per hour fastballs may sell tickets in June, but being able to hit a dime from 60'6" while changing speeds is frequently more effective. The way he was cutting his fastball, four-seeming his fastball, changing speeds, dropping that mid seventies high-school-looking curve wherever he wanted it. Amazing. May have been 1 hard hit ball all night long against a virtual All Star batting order. Bravo.
:excited:

Genedoc said:
Good thing my team traded that guy.

Genedoc said:
I agree. Why does being a YAnkee fan matter? I'm absolutely loving the pitching I'm seeing this postseason. Sucks my team isn't doing it but hey, it happens.

Genedoc said:
I agree. Why does being a YAnkee fan matter? I'm absolutely loving the pitching I'm seeing this postseason. Sucks my team isn't doing it but hey, it happens.
Hard for many to appreciate beauty when your team is on the wrong end of the domination. If you still can, you're a better man than me.

Genedoc said:
Good thing my team traded that guy.
So did mine. At least we made up for that mistake with Oswalt.

Genedoc said:
:lmao:
LOL! Yankees with a virtual All Star batting order.The top and bottom of the lineup is weak. This lineup isn't nearly as good as the one they had last year.

As I said from the start, the Yankees should have thrown Burnett last night against Lee.

If Lee threw his A-game (which he obviously did), NOTHING the Yankee starter could do would have mattered (short of a no hitter).

Burnett had to pitch eventually, so why not take your 2 least winnable games (the game lee starts and the game burnett starts) and make them 1 game? If Burnett blows up against Lee, who cares? Lee's shutting you out anyway. I would have set up the rotation as follows.....

Game 1- CC

Game 2- Pettite

Game 3- Burnett

Game 4- CC

Game 5- Hughes

Game 6- Pettite

Game 7- CC

This way you get 3 games out of CC, 2 out of Andy (who's still better than Hughes, plus you get Hughes at home instead of on the road) and water down the disadvantage of having to pitch Burnett (since he's pitching a game you're 90% gonna lose anyway)

Hell, in this scenario, Andy even gets an extra day of rest.

Ideally, I'd prefer to go with Andy in games 2 and 6 and just let CC g

Users who are viewing this thread