What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***ALCS Texas Rangers v New York Yankees*** (2 Viewers)

Pick a winner please

• Rangers in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rangers in 5

• Rangers in 6

• Rangers in 7

• Yankees in 4

• Yankees in 5

• Yankees in 6

• Yankees in 7

• Total voters
How come Young isn't catching more grief for playing that ball off his hip? Knock the damn thing down!
He's catching plenty of grief on the Rangers board I read. He's a complete liability in the field and doesn't really have the bat to justify his performance at third. Face of the franchise my ###.

How come Young isn't catching more grief for playing that ball off his hip? Knock the damn thing down!
He's catching plenty of grief on the Rangers board I read. He's a complete liability in the field and doesn't really have the bat to justify his performance at third. Face of the franchise my ###.
Real Roger Dorn type of effort on that one. Made even more noticeable because it came I think the inning either before or after A-Rod played a ball off his chest to make a play.

Anyway Game 2 still very critical for NY. They've got Lee to beat us in Game 3, and get to tee off on Burnett in 4, so this series is far from over.
I don't know. I want hte Yankees to come out now and light them up in Game 2. I'm talking like 5 runs in the first inning and never look back kinda blowout. That on the heels on this might just kill the Rangers even with Lee pitching. But who knows. You're only as good as your starter.I'm a mix of pissed and ecstatic about the game. It should have never gotten to that point with CC on the mound, but I love the way they came back.
Jesus. How can "pissed" even come into it? Your team just won the first game of the ALCS for crying out loud. Are Yankee fans really so spoiled that they need the style points to be happy?

Anyway Game 2 still very critical for NY. They've got Lee to beat us in Game 3, and get to tee off on Burnett in 4, so this series is far from over.
I don't know. I want hte Yankees to come out now and light them up in Game 2. I'm talking like 5 runs in the first inning and never look back kinda blowout. That on the heels on this might just kill the Rangers even with Lee pitching. But who knows. You're only as good as your starter.I'm a mix of pissed and ecstatic about the game. It should have never gotten to that point with CC on the mound, but I love the way they came back.
Jesus. How can "pissed" even come into it? Your team just won the first game of the ALCS for crying out loud. Are Yankee fans really so spoiled that they need the style points to be happy?
Yes, Yankee fans are universally the biggest dooshbags known to man. Y23Fan is also the most spoiled, arrogant fan on the board. He's the one guy who doesn't understand the competitive advantage the Yanks have due to their quarter-billion dollar payroll. Even the other fans like Michael Brown and Shady seem to get that.So, enjoy the series with them.

Yes, Yankee fans are universally the biggest dooshbags known to man. Y23Fan is also the most spoiled, arrogant fan on the board. He's the one guy who doesn't understand the competitive advantage the Yanks have due to their quarter-billion dollar payroll. Even the other fans like Michael Brown and Shady seem to get that.So, enjoy the series with them.
:thumbup:

:lmao: When your parents let you eat with the adults at the big table, come back.

:rolleyes: When your parents let you eat with the adults at the big table, come back.
:bag: I was paying you a compliment. Out of all the mouth-breathing, idiot, arrogant Yankee fans, you're the king of the mountain.High five?

Tbs really does a bad job, when jeter is k'ed at the knees, I need a shot from the 1b camera well on a ball that read low, don't cut to the blimp shot.

:lmao: I was paying you a compliment. Out of all the mouth-breathing, idiot, arrogant Yankee fans, you're the king of the mountain.High five?
:lmao: They won't let you sit with them still, huh? Sorry 'bout that. It is adorable when kids try to act like adults though.

Well considering that hughes and cc stunk, a 1-1 split on the road is a win.

I feel like they'll either beat lee or Aj will find it for one day and we will be 2-2 one way or the other. The Texas bats are as good as I feared, still happy to have avoided them in the alds. I'm sti leaning Yankees if cano stays this locked in. Feliz will give one up at the stadium.

Well considering that hughes and cc stunk, a 1-1 split on the road is a win. I feel like they'll either beat lee or Aj will find it for one day and we will be 2-2 one way or the other. The Texas bats are as good as I feared, still happy to have avoided them in the alds. I'm sti leaning Yankees if cano stays this locked in. Feliz will give one up at the stadium.
I changed my mind, I think CC goes on short rest in Game 4 assuming lee beats us G3

Well considering that hughes and cc stunk, a 1-1 split on the road is a win. I feel like they'll either beat lee or Aj will find it for one day and we will be 2-2 one way or the other. The Texas bats are as good as I feared, still happy to have avoided them in the alds. I'm sti leaning Yankees if cano stays this locked in. Feliz will give one up at the stadium.
I changed my mind, I think CC goes on short rest in Game 4 assuming lee beats us G3
pretty sure this is a lock

CC has been ####e his last two starts, but maybe you're right. You're also pulling Hughes and Pettite forward under that scenario(unless you throw Burnett Game 5 and whats the point of pulling him up). I don't see it happening.

CC has been ####e his last two starts, but maybe you're right. You're also pulling Hughes and Pettite forward under that scenario(unless you throw Burnett Game 5 and whats the point of pulling him up). I don't see it happening.
CC has pitched on 7 days rest and 8 days rest. Ive never seen CC that wild like he was in the first inning. I have full confidence in CC and I guarantee you he pitches great his next time out.

Rangers have to be happy with the split considering what happened in game 1, and that Cliff Lee hasn't pitched yet.

Doctor Detroit said:
Rangers have to be happy with the split considering what happened in game 1, and that Cliff Lee hasn't pitched yet.
No kidding. They are playing great. One bullpen hiccup from 2-0. This Rangers team is fun to watch.

The Rangers agression really benefitted them today, because that ump had a huge zone, so I don't know if was their scouting or Hughes inability to exploit it. I know we'll be dealing with a different zone Game 3, but if they choose to be that aggressive against Petitte, I feel like he'll be better able to exploit it.

Offensively, they are schitzo as always. Based on the fact they've put together one inning in two games against some largely pedestrian pitching outside of Wilson, 1-1 looks pretty good. I'd like to see Kearns in there for Gardner next game to get one more stick in there.

Unofficial team mascot "Freddy Sez" died today. O/U on the number of people who bring a frying pan and a spoon to the game tomorrow night?

Unofficial team mascot "Freddy Sez" died today. O/U on the number of people who bring a frying pan and a spoon to the game tomorrow night?
Wow, this is as big a deal as Steinbrenner or Shep, because as a Yankee fan from the late 80's on, he was as much part of the stadium experience as anyone. He's in that damn Cano-Nike commercial! Because I actually MET Freddy, and clanged that damn too many times to remember!RIP Freddy, here is he about 3:00 in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwQbPgouUYo

Really? :sad: I love that guy. I was so happy to see him in the new stadium I made my family walk halfway around the place to find him.

Really? :sad: I love that guy. I was so happy to see him in the new stadium I made my family walk halfway around the place to find him.
Yeah I'll have to dig up the picture I took with him a couple years back. Guy was only 82, though he's looked about 100 for the last 20 years. Not gonna be the same not hearing him banging on that pot all game.I heard yesterday that "Jimi Hendrix", the guy who used to wail on his electric guitar out on River Ave by the McDonald's, also died.Marlboro Man better watch out, these Yankee Stadium icons are going left and right.

Jesus, TBS playing the commercial break music as the groundball is rolling to second base. Can't wait to run those ads!!

Gardner safe at first, but he should be called out for the head first slide on principal.

Eta: oops, he missed the bag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread