What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone interested in discussing picks for NFL Survivor pools? (1 Viewer)

chocula

Footballguy
Hoping to get some conversation going over best picks each week for NFL survivor pools.

I entered 4 picks in one pool last year and forgot to put in my picks until the last minute. I picked Tennessee across the board and lost.

Anyone use sites to help you predict which team to pick?\

Who are you picking in week 1?

Ravens are probably the biggest lock but the Commandos at home against the Cardinals is also kind of a strategic play because you can use the Ravens later.
If you are looking for a lottery pick (trying to potentially have a scenario where most of the field is quickly eliminated but you are still in), the Jags on the road against Indy would be my play as a lot of people are going to be picking the Ravens and Commandos. The Jags pick rate will probably be low because they have an extremely easy schedule this year and they are on the road.

i try not to take road teams, no matter how good it looks unless forced into it.

No road teams
No division games
No primetime games

Usually try to stick to that if I can although lately seems like the NFL loads up division games in the same week

I also try to avoid the biggest favorite just so when they do lose it takes out a big portion of the pool, but some weeks (like this one with the Ravens) you just gotta go for it

Ravens are probably the biggest lock but the Commandos at home against the Cardinals is also kind of a strategic play because you can use the Ravens later.
If you are looking for a lottery pick (trying to potentially have a scenario where most of the field is quickly eliminated but you are still in), the Jags on the road against Indy would be my play as a lot of people are going to be picking the Ravens and Commandos. The Jags pick rate will probably be low because they have an extremely easy schedule this year and they are on the road.

I thought Washington would be the #1 pick by far, but on ESPN right now they are only 11% and Baltimore is over 20%. For that reason I'm more comfortable taking Washington, since Arizona is awful and I know I won't be tempted by Washington again the rest of the season.

ETA: Baltimore is ***26%*** right now.

I mean yeah Arizona should be a mess but I have a hard time trusting Washington. I do have them though in some multi entry pools

Hoping to get some conversation going over best picks each week for NFL survivor pools.

I entered 4 picks in one pool last year and forgot to put in my picks until the last minute. I picked Tennessee across the board and lost.

You'll find better takes on Survivor strategies in the Shark Pool

You'll find better takes on Survivor strategies in the Shark Pool

Eh...will you?

Put me on board with the Washington Whatevers. Baltimore seems to be as much of a play but as others have said they can be saved for later. I actually like a lot of players on Washington this year and Zona seems like a zero.

Honestly thinking Denver. Maybe
it is the homer in me, but I don’t know if I will feel comfortable using them later on and don’t want to use one of the contenders early.

One strategy that can be used for week 1 ... take the Thu night game. If you win, you move on to week 2. If you lose, you can presumably buy in for another entry before the deadline on Sunday.

Gonna take the Lions at this point? I wouldn't be comfortable with either team if Kelce sits.

I like MIN vs TB. Bucs are going to suck.
Sneaky pick is ATL vs CAR. Pretty sure Panthers will rival ARZ for the worst team in the league

Sneaky pick is ATL vs CAR. Pretty sure Panthers will rival ARZ for the worst team in the league
Do you trust atlanta and their QB though? My concern is that Carolina gets a few turnovers and they win.

Yeah, I like the Vikings too.

Them or the Ravens makes the most sense to me.

I'm in a good size survivor pool for over 5 years now. $25 each and we have over 200 people. I won it about 3-4 years ago for a pretty hefty payday. I'm doing entries this year. I'm going with Washington and Baltimore this week. I flirted with the idea of Minnesota, bit decided on Baltimore. Minnesota feels like a team that could make Mayfield look like a superstar for one week and find a way to lose.

Best two picks if you want to save Balt is Wash and All. Carolina has some injury issues on offense, and a rookie qb making his first start in a dome,

I'm in a good size survivor pool for over 5 years now. $25 each and we have over 200 people. I won it about 3-4 years ago for a pretty hefty payday. I'm doing entries this year. I'm going with Washington and Baltimore this week. I flirted with the idea of Minnesota, bit decided on Baltimore. Minnesota feels like a team that could make Mayfield look like a superstar for one week and find a way to lose.
Glad I listened to my gut and stayed away from minnesota. Washington stressed me out though

Glad I listened to my gut and stayed away from minnesota. Washington stressed me out though

Washington Football Team Club of Redskin Commanders was stressful. Glad I don't have to think about them again for a year.

Next week is Bills.....????? I guess???? Tough week, week 2.

Washington gets the job done.
Looking ahead. Buffalo or Philly seem like the 2 easy choices. I know I would rather save them but this looks like it might not be a week to get cute.

Considered WAS, but went with BAL for two reasons. One, as hard as it was for me to imagine Arizona going into DC and beating WAS, it just had a weird feel like the type of game I've been wrong on before. In other words, sometimes I think it's easy to get caught up in the "they're starting Josh Dobbs at QB" mentality, and forget that all 53 guys on both sides are professional football players. Yes, the QB position bears more weight than some other positions. But, it's not like ARI was going into the game without a QB. They had one, had a week (actually more) to prepare, and Washington's QB isn't exactly a wily veteran himself. And, at the end of the day, ARI gave WAS all they could handle in a pretty evenly matched game.

Secondly, and probably more importantly, in looking at BAL's schedule, nothing in the future really stood out as a definite week I might consider. Week 1 probably looked better than anything else on their schedule.

Leaning towards Philly this week.

Going to look hard at the Giants. Going on the road and Cardinals home opener are scary, but have to imagine Daboll bounces them back this week. Although Ari was able to get to Howell regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread