What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone interested in discussing picks for NFL Survivor pools? (2 Viewers)

I still haven't lost. But have used almost all the good teams. Still have Baltimore. Could use them but am thinking Vikings over bears or titans over carolina....titans are so bad though. Thoughts?
Thinking hard about Titans.

Down to one entry everywhere and Ron Rivera should not be allowed near a stadium ever again

I'm in a small pool with 9 people left.

I've used:
BUF
CLE
MIA
KC
DET
LAR
PHI
SEA
WAS

I'm thinking Dallas this week and SF next week and then MIN or TEN in week 12. I'll probaby use CIN in week 14.
Still alive. Used the following:

BUF
CLE
MIA
KC
DET
LAR
PHI
SEA
WAS
DAL
SF
TEN

Leaning towards Jax this weekend.

Baltimore next week and then NO in week 15 is what I'm projecting at this point.

Anyone else still alive? If so, who you picking?

Leaning towards Jax this weekend.
I think that's the consensus. JAX only other week you might use them is week 17, CAR at home. Which is definitely a nice pick. And you cannot use SF or PHI end of year, two teams with easy schedule end of year.

The only 'issue' with JAX is that it should be a popular pick. Not a problem, and I could see this being a week where everyone pretty much holds serve.

Getting a little serious for me:

28 entries left: $50,000
128 entries left: $200,000

Also

Draft Kings: 660 entries left (1.2 mill or something).

Looking at JAX/LAC/DET/LAR

I took the Jags, both of my remaining opponents took the Steelers...looks like lady luck could be on my side this year.

First survivor win for me if I can pull this out.

I took the Jags, both of my remaining opponents took the Steelers...looks like lady luck could be on my side this year.

First survivor win for me if I can pull this out.
I took Jacksonville as well. It kinda sucks having to wait until Monday night.

I lost last week with Jacksonville but in my pool, you need two losses to get knocked out.

I'm going with old reliable Mitchell Trubisky (jk) and the Steelers this week. I was considering New Orleans or Green Bay but feel much better just getting it over with on Thursday night....good or bad.

Question. How do you handle a pool that has two people left and they have the same teams left? What happens if they just keep picking the same team in your pools. Prize is 2 racks. They are thinking of chopping now but what can we do to make it interesting

Question. How do you handle a pool that has two people left and they have the same teams left? What happens if they just keep picking the same team in your pools. Prize is 2 racks. They are thinking of chopping now but what can we do to make it interesting
Kind of tough to change the rules at this stage.

In the future, I'd encourage the pool to consider the last few weeks, people need to select two teams per week.

Let them chop but the loser has to donate $200 to a charity of the winner's choice.

Do you go through the playoffs, or stop at the end of the regular season?

And just because they have the same teams left does not mean they will make the same picks each week. Not unless they are discussing it each week.

Do you go through the playoffs, or stop at the end of the regular season?

And just because they have the same teams left does not mean they will make the same picks each week. Not unless they are discussing it each week.

Yeah I get that. I get sense they might be motivated to stop and chop it. It happens. I mean we have people proposing to declare the winner by dance off now but split the pot.

I used Miami last week and 6 got knocked out with Jags so down to the final 4. The pool Im in you can only agree to a split when it gets down to 2. If all remaining teams go out at once the 2 teams whose picks have the lowest win total split. I'm way ahead(behind?) in wins as I still have SF,Balt and Philly left and they've all used them all. Trying to decide if I go Balt or Saints this week.

Users who are viewing this thread