What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone interested in discussing picks for NFL Survivor pools? (1 Viewer)

Ravens
Buffalo
KC
San Fran
Philly
Miami
Seattle
Lions
Saints

Looking at Dallas or Cincy. That Cincy game makes me a little nervous due to the Stroud factor and maybe let down factor after a Sunday night win against the Bills.

Leaning Dallas at the moment.
Leaning same 2 teams. Two things have me leaning Cincy this week. One, the DAL game is divisional. Two, DAL plays CAR next week.

But I agree about being nervous about Stroud.

Washington
Buffalo
Kansas City
San Francisco
Detroit
Miami
Seattle
LA Chargers
Cleveland

This week is either Dallas or Cincinnati for me. Dallas seems like a no brainer, but that would leave me with either Houston vs Arizona or Jacksonville vs Tennessee next week. If I go with Cincinnati vs Houston this week I can take Dallas @ Carolina next week.

I'm in a small pool with 9 people left.

I've used:
BUF
CLE
MIA
KC
DET
LAR
PHI
SEA
WAS

I'm thinking Dallas this week and SF next week and then MIN or TEN in week 12. I'll probaby use CIN in week 14.

Anybody here have the balls to take Chicago tomorrow night?
was literally just about to post this... IF fields plays I might just roll with them
Not me. The way I see it is if I lose because I took a heavy favorite and they lose....well.....that's the way the NFL goes.

But if I take a chance and lose, then I'm an idiot.
I hear that... My pool has 40 people left and I would love to Zig when everyone else Zags just don't know if I have the balls.

Not that anyone asked, but the ESPN Eliminator Challenge general public leaderboard has 67,650 entries (96.1%) still alive with only 2748 entries eliminated (3.9%, duh).
I'm only doing 1 entry, but you could have had up to 25! I'm not sure if this makes it more or less surprising that 9 weeks in, there are still so many entries remaining.

Not that anyone asked, but the ESPN Eliminator Challenge general public leaderboard has 67,650 entries (96.1%) still alive with only 2748 entries eliminated (3.9%, duh).
I'm only doing 1 entry, but you could have had up to 25! I'm not sure if this makes it more or less surprising that 9 weeks in, there are still so many entries remaining.
Is that a single elimination contest?
I was in a big one on DK that started with 108k and only 6.7k left

I don't like taking any team involved in a Which Team Is Worse? contest.

Taking one on Thursday....i don't even know how to begin to handicap that. I assume an ugly low-scoring game. If that's the case. you are basically guessing on which doesn't make the last dumb mistake. :lmao:

Down to 2 in my league.

Leaning Bills over Bengals. Still have KC in play if I survive.

Think the other guy will go Bengals or Jags.

Our only differences are he’s used the Bills and Chiefs already and I’ve used Jags and Eagles.

Washington
Buffalo
Kansas City
San Francisco
Detroit
Miami
Seattle
LA Chargers
Cleveland

This week is either Dallas or Cincinnati for me. Dallas seems like a no brainer, but that would leave me with either Houston vs Arizona or Jacksonville vs Tennessee next week. If I go with Cincinnati vs Houston this week I can take Dallas @ Carolina next week.
Second guessing Cincinnati this week with Chase not practicing, would rather pick them when they're at full strength. Pivoting to Baltimore (despite the divisional match-up) then Dallas next week against Carolina (despite the road game).

I'm sticking with Cincy in spite of the injuries.
Same. The line on the Lions game moved a point and a half in favor of the Lions on positive injury news, but the Cincy line remained static with the Chase & Higgins info. I will probably regret not swapping my pick to the Lions.

The finance bro pool I am in here in NY has a pool that starts week 10. Gotta pick 2 teams every week. It's a ton of fun. Probably get 1,000 entries or so.

Looking at Buffalo and SEA.

I am much more nervous about CIN than everyone else, only because I think Stroud can keep up with Burrow.

Ravens
Buffalo
KC
San Fran
Philly
Miami
Seattle
Lions
Saints
Cowboys

This may be the week I take the Commanders against the Giants

Ravens
Buffalo
KC
San Fran
Philly
Miami
Seattle
Lions
Saints
Cowboys

Houston at home against Arizona is interesting.

I still have Detroit (home against Chicago) so I'm probably going with them.

Ravens
Buffalo
KC
San Fran
Philly
Miami
Seattle
Lions
Saints
Cowboys

Houston at home against Arizona is interesting.

I still have Detroit (home against Chicago) so I'm probably going with them.
Yeah thought about that one as well. The Kyler Murray change has me thinking about that. The Cardinals have played pretty hard this year despite the talent deficiency.

6 teams knocked out with Cinci and another 2 took their first loss. Down to 12 with myself and two others without a strike.
Going Dallas next
Yeah the Dallas window is open, everyone gonna use them these three weeks (including last week).

In my contests, almost no one has used Philly yet. Just a weird quirk. Their last three weeks are all sexy.

In the contest where you pick two teams, I went with AZ and LV. I haven't felt that smart in a loooong time.

With one entry I’m going with Detroit (also considered Jax and Houston)

Other entry going with Washington (also considered Houston)

If Buffalo wins tonight I stand to win like a whopping $40, which I fully intend to spend on fiverr paying someone to sing
“F you <other owner>“ barbershop quartet style.
Welp. Guess it’ll have to be a duet.
We both lost. Me with Bills, him with Bengals. Decided to keep going and not split the pot. I’m going Commanders.

He has Eagles and Jags still. I have Chiefs and (so much for that) Bengals.

With one entry I’m going with Detroit (also considered Jax and Houston)

Other entry going with Washington (also considered Houston)
Stupid Washington - you’re really going to lose the turnover battle 6-0 at home? Pathetic. Lucky to still be alive with the Lions pick, they shoulda lost too.

Week 12 is by far the most difficult week we've had this season. Most of the worst teams that we've been picking on are facing each other, such as New England at NY Giants. Washington plays at Dallas (most of us have used Dallas already) and Arizona is home but against the Rams...not the best spot to pick on Arizona, especially with Kyler Murray back for them.

As of now, I'm thinking maybe Philly at home against Buffalo or New Orleans at Atlanta. Not sure yet.

I still haven't lost. But have used almost all the good teams. Still have Baltimore. Could use them but am thinking Vikings over bears or titans over carolina....titans are so bad though. Thoughts?

My original pick here was Cinci but that's off the table now. Could use Mia who I was saving for next week or take a shot with Vikings.
If I go with Mia then would try Tampa over Carolina next week

Users who are viewing this thread