What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Beginner's Guide : 10 Rules of Badminton (1 Viewer)

I don't get the big deal with this. I wouldn't bring this up to the wife at all. If she ever said anything, I would play it off that you took all the texts as a joke, nothing more. I don't know why people would make a bigger deal than this has to be. Just because you are married means you can't receive a text from someone from the opposite sex?
:goodposting:

At the very least, you should wink back and play it up.

Well, the fact that it's not common sense to tell his wife shows that the OP has a small desire (even if it's purely psychological) to bone this chick. If you've felt any type of sexual tension with this women prior, I would suggest shooting back with a similar "is he flirting with me?" text.
Aren't you like 22 and barely kissed a girl in the last couple of years? Pretty sure you're out of your element Donny.
:lmao:

I don't get the big deal with this. I wouldn't bring this up to the wife at all. If she ever said anything, I would play it off that you took all the texts as a joke, nothing more. I don't know why people would make a bigger deal than this has to be. Just because you are married means you can't receive a text from someone from the opposite sex?
I agree.

Well, the fact that it's not common sense to tell his wife shows that the OP has a small desire (even if it's purely psychological) to bone this chick. If you've felt any type of sexual tension with this women prior, I would suggest shooting back with a similar "is he flirting with me?" text.
What happened to the forum feature?
It'll be back soon, old sport. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a flirty text, not a "what are you guys doing this weekend?" Not bringing it up with the wife now can only bite the OP in the ### later if it happened to come up in conversation between the texter and the wife. It would plant the seed of doubt. Once planted, it's like a vine that can never be killed. Telling the wife now, even as innocent as it may be, is just a CYA move.

Report it to the wife now or it will not end well. HTH
Seriously, in a lighthearted way.

ETA:

Timmay, on 19 Jun 2014 - 4:00 PM, said:

I wouldn't make it out to be a big deal but would definitely bring it up. Good cya in any case--and maybe the wife is already in on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the chances your wife was sitting right next to your friend as she was texting you and the two of them are just having some fun at your expense?

By doing this you're reducing the potential of a threesome element. Mention it to the wife. If the wife comes back that the friend is just joking, you jokingly say something to the effect of, "awww. Too bad. I was hoping this would grow into my dream of a threesome." Even if the wife laughs it off, it will put the idea in her head.

It's not "just a text" its a text with a picture of another man's junk. Their best friends so if it's a joke, and it likely is, this will probably come up at some point so why not just laugh it off to the wife. Get ahead of the situation. If he says nothing and then the wife finds out I'm thinking she'll wonder "why didn't he say anything about this...what is he hiding?". If she's the least bit insecure, and being a female that's pretty likely, that will plant a seed with her that maybe Baloney Sandwich is interested in the friend. Just easier to avoid the drama and say something now.

What are the chances your wife was sitting right next to your friend as she was texting you and the two of them are just having some fun at your expense?
zero percent, her friend sent me the email before 8am which seemed odd timing for her to be so randy. they don't live that close to us and my wife was probably not even out of bed at that time.

By doing this you're reducing the potential of a threesome element. Mention it to the wife. If the wife comes back that the friend is just joking, you jokingly say something to the effect of, "awww. Too bad. I was hoping this would grow into my dream of a threesome." Even if the wife laughs it off, it will put the idea in her head.
kentric is a wise man.

I've seen healthcare websites with better rollouts than yours.

Listen man, we screwed the pooch on this one. I've got a plan though, everything should be 100% functional before the season starts.

It's not "just a text" its a text with a picture of another man's junk. Their best friends so if it's a joke, and it likely is, this will probably come up at some point so why not just laugh it off to the wife. Get ahead of the situation. If he says nothing and then the wife finds out I'm thinking she'll wonder "why didn't he say anything about this...what is he hiding?". If she's the least bit insecure, and being a female that's pretty likely, that will plant a seed with her that maybe Baloney Sandwich is interested in the friend. Just easier to avoid the drama and say something now.
It is easier to not saying anything at all. If nothing is brought up about it any further, then it is case closed. If you bring something up to the wife now, who says she doesn't overreact like you are assuming she will if she finds out about it later?

If this ("If he says nothing and then the wife finds out I'm thinking she'll wonder "why didn't he say anything about this...what is he hiding?". ") was ever brought up by the wife, that is why I said you would play if off as a total joke, and assume the friend was joking around, as was Baloney.

Show your wife the text, and ask her if she thinks it is still a good idea for you to text her friend. If she says "yes", then the threesome is a bing-fricken-go.

The 3 most recent text conversations I had with one of my wife's best friends:

1) Me: "Heard you got a new job. Congrats!" Her: "Thanks so much, can't wait to start" (this was today so I had all these convos handy)

2) Her: "I'm picking up (wife) from the bus. Do you know what time she was supposed to get in?" Me: "12:30"

3) Her: "Are you guys there already? (Wife) isn't answering her phone" No response from me cause I didn't see it before she showed up to the bar.

Those messages are fine. Flirty #### and nude pics of anyone aren't, unless you're just trying to play things up for the FFA.

Aren't you like 22 and barely kissed a girl in the last couple of years? Pretty sure you're out of your element Donny.
:lmao: :lmao:

It is easier to not saying anything at all. If nothing is brought up about it any further, then it is case closed. If you bring something up to the wife now, who says she doesn't overreact like you are assuming she will if she finds out about it later?

If this ("If he says nothing and then the wife finds out I'm thinking she'll wonder "why didn't he say anything about this...what is he hiding?". ") was ever brought up by the wife, that is why I said you would play if off as a total joke, and assume the friend was joking around, as was Baloney.
The difference is if she overreacts now she's just pissed at her friend. If she finds out later she's likely upset with both friend and Baloney Sandwich.

Listen man, we screwed the pooch on this one. I've got a plan though, everything should be 100% functional before the season starts.
I GET FIRST CRACK AT THE GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD!! :rant:

Ok I'll bite. How hot is the wife's friend?
cute more than hot but definitely on the upper end of the spectrum of my wife's friends. she married her high school sweetheart so pretty sure she has only been with her husband.
7: Cute girl at the club, in classes, at work, in apt building. Definitely cute, but not tops locally.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/offdee/offdee%20Scale/TOS7.jpg

6: Fairly attractive, no major flaws but maybe minor ones

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS6.jpg.html#/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS6.jpg.html?&_suid=1403197446434016405667706977633
I like your example of a 6 more than your example of a 7 so tough for me to put evaluate off of those but from your scale descriptions I would say a solid 7, at times a 7.5
Don't listen to offdee. The kid is clueless. Even if you didn't know that before, the above pics prove it. We all know what a 7 looks like and we don't need his idiotic description and pics to figure it out.
I also know what an offdee 9 and 10 look like, but am still pretty pissed that those two pictures have been deleted from his scale. Keeps the 1 but deletes the 10? The travesty...

That place is going to be bigger than Bing. Mark my words.

No one has suggested that he play it up to the wife. Let her know how desirable he is to other ladies. If she knows what's good for her she'll start smothering him in colored dots.

That place is going to be bigger than Bing. Mark my words.
Bigger than Alta Vista, anyway.

cute more than hot but definitely on the upper end of the spectrum of my wife's friends. she married her high school sweetheart so pretty sure she has only been with her husband.
7: Cute girl at the club, in classes, at work, in apt building. Definitely cute, but not tops locally.

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS6.jpg.html#/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS6.jpg.html?&_suid=1403197446434016405667706977633
I like your example of a 6 more than your example of a 7 so tough for me to put evaluate off of those but from your scale descriptions I would say a solid 7, at times a 7.5
Don't listen to offdee. The kid is clueless. Even if you didn't know that before, the above pics prove it. We all know what a 7 looks like and we don't need his idiotic description and pics to figure it out.
I also know what an offdee 9 and 10 look like, but am still pretty pissed that those two pictures have been deleted from his scale. Keeps the 1 but deletes the 10? The travesty...
Not sure what you mean GB...

10: Almost flawless and very rare. Could be a top model, top playboy centerfold (nationally amazing, the MENSA of hotness)

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS10.png.html#/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS10.png.html?&_suid=140321493829208241496824655528

9: The hottest girl at the club, The hottest girl at school, etc (more locally amazing)

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS85b.jpg.html#/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS85b.jpg.html?&_suid=1403214928539005177913149021757

I've heard it said that there is no greater gap in any walk of life than that between the winner and loser of the Super Bowl. To get all the way to the pinnacle, only to be cast down based on the outcome of one single game while the winner embarks on sixth-month frenzy of celebration.

But that divide between champion and also-ran pales in comparison to the yawning chasm that exists between 5 and 6 on the offdee rating scale.
:golfclap:

Sig worthy.
I need to hear John Facenda say this.

Well, I've already talked to my wife twice today since getting the texts so now no matter when I bring it up she is going to ask why I didn't do so earlier. Perhaps I can just mention it casually when I get home tonight and say I wanted to show you the texts as opposed to trying to explain it over the phone.
The stupid is strong with this one.

The longer you wait, the worse it gets.
The worse you wait, the longer it gets.

Well, I've already talked to my wife twice today since getting the texts so now no matter when I bring it up she is going to ask why I didn't do so earlier. Perhaps I can just mention it casually when I get home tonight and say I wanted to show you the texts as opposed to trying to explain it over the phone.
The stupid is strong with this one.

The longer you wait, the worse it gets.
The worse you wait, the longer it gets.
The quicker is blows up.

Kid? This guy's like 45 and puts his jeans on the freezer.

Clarification needed....

- ur balls of fun!

or

- ur balls are fun!
It was as I wrote it...ur balls of fun
I don't get how that reply applies to you saying you don't manscape.
It doesn't. Yet another clue that she wants some action. She replies back referring to his balls and not the manscape comment.
If she was referring directly to his balls than that would be responding to the manscape comment. She's saying HE'S not fun because he doesn't manscape.
Now I know the thought process that goes into your ranking system. None.

Users who are viewing this thread