What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best albums of 2014 (1 Viewer)

The band Natural Child is pretty freaking awesome! They have an album coming out Feb 25. :Highly recommend:
Theyre on my spotify lineup, heard good things. Its them. Jonathan Wilson, The Jim Jones Revue, and Guards.

I cant stop lisitening to Mo Lowda & the Humble though. Too ####ing good.

Kenny Powers said:
The band Natural Child is pretty freaking awesome! They have an album coming out Feb 25. :Highly recommend:
Theyre on my spotify lineup, heard good things. Its them. Jonathan Wilson, The Jim Jones Revue, and Guards.

I cant stop lisitening to Mo Lowda & the Humble though. Too ####ing good.
:hifive:

Currently liking:

Bombay Bicycle Club

together PANGEA

Temples

Cheatahs

Drowners
:hifive:

Liking all of these- most of which I got from you guys. Spotify just told me to listen to Cheatahs... I told spotify to go #### itself, but it said- no, really- give it a try- it's going to be better than most of the crap hipster synth-pop I keep recommending for you. hifive spotify.
So today Spotify tells me... hey, you're listening to Joy Division- why not not try Stevie Nicks?

Shocking Pinks have their first album since 2007 (which was one of my favorites from that year).
It's a triple ####### album, and after one listen all the way through... it really didn't need to be. Could have been an EP after first blush, but I'll give it another couple listens. :disappointed:

Prince is a Jehovah's Witness. If I had to exclude music from everyone who believes something silly about religion, I'd have a pretty slim collection. Maybe just Leonard Nimoy's Bilbo Baggins song.

Prince is a Jehovah's Witness. If I had to exclude music from everyone who believes something silly about religion, I'd have a pretty slim collection. Maybe just Leonard Nimoy's Bilbo Baggins song.
Scientologists cross a line (for me, anyway) that JW's don't. I personally think the whole concept of Jesus is pretty goofy, but I still like Pedro the Lion and Belle and Sebastian just the same.

But Scientology has been involved in some pretty nasty stuff that goes above and beyond typical ghost-in-the-sky stuff.

El Floppo said:
Disco Stu said:
Beck's "Morning Phase" is fantastic. Been listening non stop for the past few days.
:goodposting:

Still on my first listen but this is awesome.
I'm going in...
scientology aside, it's very Sea Changey... which is a good thing. But I prefer that to this so far.
As long as you remember and take into account that Scientology resulted from a bet between R.H. Heinlein and L.R. Hubbard on who could start a religion first, you are good.

On the topic of cults and artists and what not, I was blown away when my wife pointed out that the Foo Fighters had played benefit concerts for a group that claimed HIV didn't cause AIDS and was some sort of government conspiracy. Artists are weird as ####, but if I guess it's cool if I'm entertained?

Last edited by a moderator:
On the topic of cults and artists and what not, I was blown away when my wife pointed out that the Foo Fighters had played benefit concerts for a group that claimed HIV didn't cause AIDS and was some sort of government conspiracy. Artists are weird as ####, but if I guess it's cool if I'm entertained?
are you entertained?!

Coldplay just shamelessly cribbing from Bon Iver. I'm not a fan of either band, but this is pretty amazing.

They ripped off Joe Satriani so bad a few years ago Satriani filed a lawsuit. They settled out of court and the case was then dismissed. Most obvious rip job I've ever heard.

Twin Forks self titled album is somewhere between Lumineers,Of Monsters and Men and Mumford. I feel like this will be a big hit. "Cross My Mind" just sounds like it's already been on an Apple commercial.

ETA: didnt realize it, but looked the band up and the lead singer is Chris Carraba from Dashboard Confessional.

I was really looking forward to the new The Men... feels a little too acoutic/rhythm guitar driven- I'm a bit disappointed in the overall sound which is much less garagey than I was expecting.

Sun Kil Moon is fantastic stuff.

Kinda feel luke warm about Cloud Nothings' new album.

Pattern Walks from Cloud Nothings is a good track, though.

Sun Kil Moon is fantastic stuff.

Kinda feel luke warm about Cloud Nothings' new album.

Pattern Walks from Cloud Nothings is a good track, though.
If you liked Sun Kil Moon, last year's project with Mark Kozelek of SKM and Jimmy LaValle (Perils from the Sea) is pretty good too.

First Listen: Perfect #####, 'Say Yes To Love'
I'm gonna be honest, the amount of hype they're getting, partly due (I'm sure) to the fact that their singer is a physically attractive female, and some early live vids I saw made me think this might not be good. And I was wrong.

There aren't a lot of bands right now that are big that sound like this, you can tell in that NPR interview that they're not quite sure what to do with them.

I like YG My Krazy Life...if you like rap, check that out. Also, just a a couple tracks into Foster the People, but I really like it.

Users who are viewing this thread