What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Black Friday deals? (2 Viewers)

Just realized... I'm finally at that point on my life where there's not a damned thing I need that I don't already have.
Said the same thing to my wife today. Kinda miss the hunt.
wife & I switched to just doing small gifts for the stockings for us and spend more on our daughter.. we usually keep the stocking stuff under $150 total and then buy a family gift.Last year was a telescope, this year is a kerig one cup coffee machine. Getting the coffee machine is nice as it gave me ideas to finish her gifts. :)

Do husbands and wife's buy each other gifts? We never have and I assumed that stopped after you put your bank together. Thoughts?

Do husbands and wife's buy each other gifts? We never have and I assumed that stopped after you put your bank together. Thoughts?
Seriously?
Actually, yes. Why would you buy your wife something with her money that she could get herself. I guess I could write her a poem or something but I'm not buying her toys now.
Because it's nice to give things to the people you love. Whether or not they can afford it is irrelevant. 99% of the gifts I buy my wife, she doesn't expect. I keep a list of little things I pick up from her throughout the year and buy her some of them. On her side, she knows I'm pAying attention, and I know I'm getting her things that she truly wants but for whatever reason she didn't buy herself

Last edited by a moderator:
So wife purchases a 55" Samsung TV. Cannot get it to work with Directv. Ran through the ####### setup like 10 times. I can get the screen where it says Directv is loading this may take a while. I can surf the internet. BLah Blah blah anyone have a suggestion? If not, I will take this POS back to the store in the AM.

So wife purchases a 55" Samsung TV. Cannot get it to work with Directv. Ran through the ####### setup like 10 times. I can get the screen where it says Directv is loading this may take a while. I can surf the internet. BLah Blah blah anyone have a suggestion? If not, I will take this POS back to the store in the AM.
Did you call direct tv

Did you call direct tv
Will do in AM they are all off today for Thanksgiving.

Seriously?
Actually, yes. Why would you buy your wife something with her money that she could get herself. I guess I could write her a poem or something but I'm not buying her toys now.
Because it's nice to give things to the people you love. Whether or not they can afford it is irrelevant. 99% of the gifts I buy my wife, she doesn't expect. I keep a list of little things I pick up from her throughout the year and buy her some of them. On her side, she knows I'm pAying attention, and I know I'm getting her things that she truly wants but for whatever reason she didn't buy herself
You're doing it right and I've done the same for most of our 15 years together.

This year the wife wanted an embroidery sewing machine that was 300 off. She'd never buy it herself but she really wanted it. That's part of the reason for gifts, letting her know we care and once in awhile splurging a little. If your wife buys whatever she wants anyway, that would negate some of the reason to buy gifts.

My wife and I don't buy gifts for each other for any occasion. If we want something we just get it. For an anniversary we will go on a trip. Birthday go out to dinner. Valentine's day nothing. We might start giving small gifts on Christmas when the kids get older.

She is a cool cool chick.

My wife and I don't buy gifts for each other for any occasion. If we want something we just get it. For an anniversary we will go on a trip. Birthday go out to dinner. Valentine's day nothing. We might start giving small gifts on Christmas when the kids get older.

She is a cool cool chick.
We're pretty close to this. Our anniversary is near Christmas so no presents on the 25th. Valentines Day is a joke. I prefer nothing on my bday but she'll get me some things.

Directv having issues this morning, btw. I have no channels in the local range. Try something in the 200s. I was about to call them until I saw a quick "pardon the technical difficulties" message. No, it's not a "searching for signal" issue- everything is there, just no picture or sound from ch 75 down.

SHIZNITTTT said:
Abraham said:
Are Beats solo headphones any good? Like do they cover the ears well and block out extra noise? I could stand to have some ear warmers and am always complaining about how planes and my mower are so loud that I can't hear my music....
I dunno? I got 2 pair for 10 year old boys.
The $69 ones are "drenched", I think he is asking about the solo HD.

Milwaukee, WI is dead this morning. Doorbusters for everyone that is out and about which is not many people. This is crazy. Buyers market here.

Seriously?
I do this when I think of it rather than saving it for Christmas.

SHIZNITTTT said:
Abraham said:
Are Beats solo headphones any good? Like do they cover the ears well and block out extra noise? I could stand to have some ear warmers and am always complaining about how planes and my mower are so loud that I can't hear my music....
I dunno? I got 2 pair for 10 year old boys.
The $69 ones are "drenched", I think he is asking about the solo HD.
Beats consistently get rated very low in comparisons with other headphones.

http://thewirecutter.com/leaderboard/headphones/ is an example, but from what I saw when I was shopping a couple of times in the past year, that holds up in other places as well - Beats are unbalanced in general, with thick overdone bass.

Here's their specific response to questions about Beats: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/faq-what-are-some-alternatives-to-beats/

Milwaukee, WI is dead this morning. Doorbusters for everyone that is out and about which is not many people. This is crazy. Buyers market here.
I was out getting some beer earlier and stopped at a Walmart on the south side on a whim. I don't think I've been in a Walmart for at least 10 years. I picked up the Xbox one for my son. It's the Halo bundle for $329. The guys assured me Halo is fine for a 10 year old boy. No lines.

My wife and I don't buy gifts for each other for any occasion. If we want something we just get it. For an anniversary we will go on a trip. Birthday go out to dinner. Valentine's day nothing. We might start giving small gifts on Christmas when the kids get older. She is a cool cool chick.
That's us.

Does anybody know anything about Seiki televisions? Amazon has a 32" model for $149, and I'm thinking about buying two for our kids' rooms (high school and middle school -- neither has their own tv right now). Going for value obviously, but I don't want them to fail in six months either.

I'm trying to find a cheap laptop with two parameters:

1. runs Netflix looking top notch; and

2. Has lots of storage space.

Anyone know what I'm looking for? I'd buy one of the Chromebook deals if they had a 500GB HD

Anyone know what I'm looking for? I'd buy one of the Chromebook deals if they had a 500GB HD
What do you need all the space for that can't be served by the cloud or a USB drive?

Good deal on the Acer Aspire ES1-512-P9GT that fits your needs. Deal runs through Sunday if you can find a local place that sells it.

I think that's the best bang for your buck and I've been doing hours of research on this

IvanKaramazov said:
Does anybody know anything about Seiki televisions? Amazon has a 32" model for $149, and I'm thinking about buying two for our kids' rooms (high school and middle school -- neither has their own tv right now). Going for value obviously, but I don't want them to fail in six months either.
Just bought a 50 inch Seiki for our lake house. $349 through Amazon. Picture is nice. Not sure about sound as we're using a cheap RCA sound bar. So far really satisfied with the purchase, but have only had it hooked up for a day. Could crap out in a week for all I know.

Henry Ford said:
Drifter said:
Henry Ford said:

What do you need all the space for that can't be served by the cloud or a USB drive?
Convenience and privacy.
You must have a ton of homemade pr0n.

Reginald Cornsilks said:
Henry Ford said:

Good deal on the Acer Aspire ES1-512-P9GT that fits your needs. Deal runs through Sunday if you can find a local place that sells it.

I think that's the best bang for your buck and I've been doing hours of research on this
Wow, thanks.

IvanKaramazov said:
They're pretty basic but I got one for our home gym last year during an Amazon BF deal (40" $180) and it's still going strong. Gets used just about every day for at least 30 minutes to an hour.

Abraham said:
Henry Ford said:
Abraham said:
Hp stream is 199 and can do all of that.
It only has 32 GB of storage.
And a terabyte of one drive.
Which I can't put my client files on, including multi-gb videos of hours-long focus groups.
You actually can put your client files on One Drive (I sell licenses to attorneys all the time) but the aspire mentioned is probably more for your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread